PDA

View Full Version : History repeats itself

Yonivore
06-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Democrats will vote for anyone...

S.C.'s Alvin Greene a mystery man despite becoming Democratic Senate nominee (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/10/AR2010061002499.html?hpid=topnews)

Somebody explain why South Carolinians voted for this guy? And, why does Democrat Jim Clyburn hate black people (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/10/alvin-greene-a-gop-plant_n_607394.html?ref=twitter)?

Deja' Vu all over again...

After all, it was just a bit over 18 months ago that Democrats similarly voted for a man with zero executive experience, thin legislative record, and obscure past.

ChumpDumper
06-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Are you sure only Democrats voted for him?

Duff McCartney
06-10-2010, 09:04 PM
After all, it was just a bit over 18 months ago that Democrats similarly voted for a man with zero executive experience, thin legislative record, and obscure past.

Other than both of these guys being black, he is nothing like Obama. Like I've said before, Obama is not the first nor the last President with zero executive experience.

And there's absolutely nothing obscure about his past. He is not facing felony charges like this Alvin Greene is. I know you're completely bias and can see no other point of view but your own, but spare the rhetoric by comparing Obama to this guy. They are nothing alike.

And Democrats won't vote for anyone, the South Carolina Democratic party has asked him to withdraw because of said felony charges.

South Carolina is just a fucked up state, this was the same place where 10 years ago the Bush party tried to paint McCain as having an illegitimate black child, who turned out to be the Bangladeshi child he adopted.

Yonivore
06-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Other than both of these guys being black, he is nothing like Obama. Like I've said before, Obama is not the first nor the last President with zero executive experience.
I was throwing the voters into the same pot, not the candidates.

And there's absolutely nothing obscure about his past. He is not facing felony charges like this Alvin Greene is. I know you're completely bias and can see no other point of view but your own, but spare the rhetoric by comparing Obama to this guy. They are nothing alike.
Given the corrupt swamp in which a pre-presidental Obama swam, I consider it only luck he's not similarly situated. And, just because he wasn't charged with a felony before running for election doesn't mean he didn't commit a felony before November 2008. As the Blago trial heats up, we may hear about some of Obama's Chicago shenanigans...

And Democrats won't vote for anyone, the South Carolina Democratic party has asked him to withdraw because of said felony charges.
Seems to me, this is something of which the Democratic Party would have been aware long before the Tuesday vote.

But, that they weren't only bolsters my argument that Democrats were rather incurious about Obama's past, as well.

South Carolina is just a fucked up state, this was the same place where 10 years ago the Bush party tried to paint McCain as having an illegitimate black child, who turned out to be the Bangladeshi child he adopted.
Nice nonsequitur.

ChumpDumper
06-10-2010, 09:30 PM

Thompson
06-10-2010, 09:55 PM

You're right, most Democrats, a majority of Independents and some Republicans are idiots.

ChumpDumper
06-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Without an actual affiliation breakdown of the voters in the SC primary, that's a difficult statement to make.

Duff McCartney
06-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Given the corrupt swamp in which a pre-presidental Obama swam, I consider it only luck he's not similarly situated. And, just because he wasn't charged with a felony before running for election doesn't mean he didn't commit a felony before November 2008. As the Blago trial heats up, we may hear about some of Obama's Chicago shenanigans...

That means nothing. I'm sure you could say the same thing about any President. Just because none of them were charged with felonies doesn't mean any of them didn't commit it. That's nothing new.

You have no basis for any of your thoughts. You're just hoping that happens. Nothing is gonna come from the Blago trial.

Thompson
06-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Without an actual affiliation breakdown of the voters in the SC primary, that's a difficult statement to make.

I'm talking about the last general election.

ChumpDumper
06-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm not.

Winehole23
06-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Alphabetical voting seemed like a plausible explanation to me. As between two regular shit-stains, just vote for the top name on the ballot.

DeMint will trounce him, of course.

Thompson
06-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah, the 'SC primary' kind of gave that away. Though if 'history repeats itself' in this case...

ChumpDumper
06-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah, the 'SC primary' kind of gave that away. Though if 'history repeats itself' in this case...As I was saying -- I'll find almost any political story from SC plausible.

Winehole23
06-10-2010, 11:06 PM
@ Thompson:

dot dot dot what, please?

Thompson
06-10-2010, 11:16 PM
@ Thompson:

dot dot dot what, please?

Did you read the title and opening post of this thread?

Winehole23
06-10-2010, 11:18 PM
The fatuous reference to Obama (or at least, Obama voters). How could I have missed it?

Winehole23
06-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Sticking with that, are you?

Yonivore
06-10-2010, 11:25 PM
That means nothing. I'm sure you could say the same thing about any President. Just because none of them were charged with felonies doesn't mean any of them didn't commit it. That's nothing new.

You have no basis for any of your thoughts. You're just hoping that happens. Nothing is gonna come from the Blago trial.
D'okie dokie...but,isn't Blago on trial for the same thing the Obama administration is accused of with Sestak and that other guy out in Colorado?

Yonivore
06-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Hey Duff, here's a blast from the past for you...

8 things you need to know about Obama and Rezko (http://www.suntimes.com/news/watchdogs/757340,CST-NWS-watchdog24.article)

Blago, Sestak, and that guy in Colorado whose name I'm too lazy to look up...

Pile on a heaping helping of administrative incompetence in just about every area and, well, maybe people will all of a sudden become interested in Obama's Chicago days.

Thompson
06-10-2010, 11:44 PM
People voted for Obama (as the opening post mentioned) in spite of the fact that he had no executive experience, little legislative experience, etc. In fact, he made it a point in the state legislature to simply vote 'present' on controversial issues; his political aspirations were more important to him than his beliefs.

His beliefs were often difficult to determine; he associated with Jeremiah Wright (until that became politically detrimental), the unrepentant William Ayers, enlisted the help of the corrupt organization ACORN, etc.

The same people who mocked Palin's inexperience (though she ran for the second spot on the ticket) voted for a man with less executive experience at the head of their ticket. I'm not a huge McCain fan, but at least he demonstrated leadership (supporting the surge despite the political risk because he thought it was the right thing to do).

Many people who intended to vote for Obama didn't even know what he stood for. I think it was the Jay Leno show where they walked around on the street asking people if they agreed with Obama's opposition to abortion, in favor of the surge, etc. and the supporters would say 'I think he's right, that's a great idea.' I do think that many/most Obama supporters were idiots in that respect, Yes.

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Obama's adaptable.

There's a flaw in that virtue, and a virtue in that flaw. The flaw is opportunism; the virtue, expedience.

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm not a huge McCain fan, but at least he demonstrated leadership (supporting the surge despite the political risk because he thought it was the right thing to do). It's the thing that's crazy-making about futbol and politics. Sometimes the clearly *worse* team wins.

Yonivore
06-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Obama's adaptable.

There's a flaw in that virtue, and a virtue in that flaw. The flaw is opportunism; the virtue, expedience.
Opportunism? No doubt... Expedience? I don't see that as a virtue, either. The man's a reactionary buffoon.

Spike Lee says, "get angry!" and Obama threatens to kick somebody's ass.

Criticize him for not talking with the BP CEO in the 59 days since the blowout...and, voila', on day 60 he's meeting with the CEO.

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 12:14 AM
soccer then.

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 12:16 AM
The man's a reactionary buffoon.

Spike Lee says, "get angry!" and Obama threatens to kick somebody's ass.

Criticize him for not talking with the BP CEO in the 59 days since the blowout...and, voila', on day 60 he's meeting with the CEO.Reactionary, is he?

Yonivore
06-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Reactionary, is he?

In the sense he reacts to criticism...yep; thin-skinned too.

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 12:22 AM
There's a version of that I do believe. Obama's adherence to Bush era views on civil liberties and security has been striking so far.

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 12:27 AM
In the sense he reacts to criticism...yep; thin-skinned too.Afterglow of the "tell me whose ass to kick" revelation. It'll pass.

The press spent a whole week urging the President to have a tantrum anyway. In the end Obama rested content with mere verbal allusion to ass-kicking.

Big whup.

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 12:50 AM
In the sense he reacts to criticism...yep; thin-skinned too.Obama for sure doesn't like to have an unscripted press conference.

He's had even fewer than his predecessor at a similar stage, according to some bloggy thing I read recently.

As for being peevish and thin-skinned, I frankly have not discerned the evidence for this. Do you have some?

(Youtube submissions would be welcomed to settle this question provisionally, IMO.)

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 12:53 AM
My appreciation of Obama is not as fine-grained as yours YV. Got any links handy?

DarrinS
06-11-2010, 10:15 AM
This is comedy gold. I love the conspiracy theory that this guy's an RNC plant.

:lmao

Actual interview starts around 2:15

ntlp4fTell4

boutons_deux
06-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Are Breitbart and/or other VRWC assholes behind this?

=====

Conspiracy to Skew SC Primaries? Rep. Calls for Probe of Mysterious Dem Candidates

Posted By Joshua Holland On June 11, 2010 @ 7:10 am

I have no clue what’s going on in South Carolina, but something certainly does seem odd about a few primary candidates on the Democratic side. TPM:

House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn has called for a U.S. Attorney investigation into the mysterious candidacy of Democratic Senate nominee Alvin Greene because he thinks the mischief goes far beyond one wacky race…

He said Greene was one of three Democratic candidates in three separate races whom the state party didn’t back or even recognize. All three candidates are African American.

According to TPM, Clyburn (D-SC) thinks they “were planted by people with deep pockets and nefarious motives.”

Something does appear to be fishy. None of the three filed required FEC disclosure forms, so nobody knows how much money they raised or who donated to their campaigns.

The things that I can’t figure out is how Alvin Greene won, given that he reportedly didn’t campaign at all. Sure, off-year primaries don’t feature a lot of turn-out, but why him? There were other Dems on the ballot who did hit the stump.

The there’s Gregory Brown, running in the 6th:

Unlike Greene, who appears to have mounted no campaign at all, Brown actually mustered a campaign, according to Clyburn. Brown paid his filing fee, ran television ads on the most expensive station in the district and put his campaign slogan on billboards and yard signs, Clyburn tells TPM.

“Somebody paid for all that, yet he showed not one dime in contributions. He spent $300,000 if he spent a penny,” Clyburn said.

And, finally, this key point:

… since election night the Burton campaign has been doing precinct tallies and has seen numbers that far surpass what turnout had expected to be, including all-white precincts where Greene beat Senate candidate Victor Rawl and Frasier beat Burton. Both Rawl and Burton are white. “None of it makes sense,” [a Burton campaign operative] said.

Smells fishy in South Carolina.

URL to article: http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/06/11/conspiracy-in-sc-primaries-rep-calls-for-probe-of-mysterious-dem-candidates/

DarrinS
06-11-2010, 11:12 AM
URL to article: http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/06/11/conspiracy-in-sc-primaries-rep-calls-for-probe-of-mysterious-dem-candidates/

Lol alternet.org

xrayzebra
06-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Are Breitbart and/or other VRWC assholes behind this?

=====

Conspiracy to Skew SC Primaries? Rep. Calls for Probe of Mysterious Dem Candidates

Posted By Joshua Holland On June 11, 2010 @ 7:10 am

I have no clue what’s going on in South Carolina, but something certainly does seem odd about a few primary candidates on the Democratic side. TPM:

House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn has called for a U.S. Attorney investigation into the mysterious candidacy of Democratic Senate nominee Alvin Greene because he thinks the mischief goes far beyond one wacky race…

He said Greene was one of three Democratic candidates in three separate races whom the state party didn’t back or even recognize. All three candidates are African American.

According to TPM, Clyburn (D-SC) thinks they “were planted by people with deep pockets and nefarious motives.”

Something does appear to be fishy. None of the three filed required FEC disclosure forms, so nobody knows how much money they raised or who donated to their campaigns.

The things that I can’t figure out is how Alvin Greene won, given that he reportedly didn’t campaign at all. Sure, off-year primaries don’t feature a lot of turn-out, but why him? There were other Dems on the ballot who did hit the stump.

The there’s Gregory Brown, running in the 6th:

Unlike Greene, who appears to have mounted no campaign at all, Brown actually mustered a campaign, according to Clyburn. Brown paid his filing fee, ran television ads on the most expensive station in the district and put his campaign slogan on billboards and yard signs, Clyburn tells TPM.

“Somebody paid for all that, yet he showed not one dime in contributions. He spent $300,000 if he spent a penny,” Clyburn said.

And, finally, this key point:

… since election night the Burton campaign has been doing precinct tallies and has seen numbers that far surpass what turnout had expected to be, including all-white precincts where Greene beat Senate candidate Victor Rawl and Frasier beat Burton. Both Rawl and Burton are white. “None of it makes sense,” [a Burton campaign operative] said.

Smells fishy in South Carolina.

:lmao:lmao

He has ever qualification for a Dimm0Crap candidate. Criminal charges
No money and run out of the service.

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 01:35 PM
:lmao:lmao

He has ever qualification for a Dimm0Crap candidate. Criminal charges
No money and run out of the service.So 2004.

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.usefilm.com/images/4/4/1/1/4411/1129338-medium.jpg

Yonivore
06-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Afterglow of the "tell me whose ass to kick" revelation. It'll pass.

The press spent a whole week urging the President to have a tantrum anyway. In the end Obama rested content with mere verbal allusion to ass-kicking.

Big whup.
Beer Summit is another example...

I'm sure I could find a half-dozen, or so, more examples of Obama reacting in such a manner, if I were so inclined.

Yonivore
06-11-2010, 06:57 PM
This is comedy gold. I love the conspiracy theory that this guy's an RNC plant.

:lmao

Actual interview starts around 2:15

ntlp4fTell4
The question to answer word count ratio is about 17:1.

And, by the way, before Democrats get too married to the "RNC Plant" theory, there was a hotly contested Republican Primary race for Governor in SC. I doubt that many Republicans would cross the line, particularly when DeMint is favored to win, no matter the opponent.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2010, 07:58 PM
And, by the way, before Democrats get too married to the "RNC Plant" theory, there was a hotly contested Republican Primary race for Governor in SC. I doubt that many Republicans would cross the line, particularly when DeMint is favored to win, no matter the opponent.After all, there is no precedent for Republicans' trying to change the result of a Democratic primary, is there?

https://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/13614/1/www.palmcoastd.com/ows-img/rushstore/products/OCBumperStickerbig.jpg

boutons_deux
06-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Repug dirty tricks, even nasty tricks, go all the way back to Nixon. Repugs and conservatives are just genetically nasty sons of bitches capable and guilty of just about anything.