PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum

DJ Mbenga
06-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Did his injury just change the whole series? He didnt play at all in the second half.

Ghazi
06-10-2010, 10:46 PM
lol unreliable

IronMexican
06-10-2010, 10:47 PM
He's the Lakers MVP. Odom is such a fucking dumbshit and Pau is still scared out there. The only weakness in Bynum's game right now is he gets himself too far under the basket at times, and it gets him trapped.

HarlemHeat37
If he's seriously hurt, it's a massive shift in the series IMO..

Even though Boston is tied, I still think LA looks better and will win the series, but Bynum is a big part of that..his length has bothered their shots, particularly Rondo, and Davis has a much harder time when Bynum is in there too..

It also obviously hurts since Odom isn't playing too well, and the Lakers have no bench to speak of..

Bynum really is made of glass though, he's only 22 and he's a walking injury(minus the walking)..

Kamala
hells yes

resistanze
06-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Question has to be if this fucker will ever get healthy? He could be a force in the NBA. But then again, so could Oden.

IronMexican
06-10-2010, 10:48 PM
And he stays hurt...ALL THE FUCKING TIME. The experiment is over.

Odom or Bynum?

ducks
06-10-2010, 10:49 PM
both are not reliable

DPG21920
06-10-2010, 10:49 PM
I got great use out of Bynum in fantasy though.

TFloss32
06-10-2010, 10:54 PM
So if the Lakers lose this series...does that mean the Lakers get Chris Bosh for an injured Andrew Bynum, a retired Aaron McKie and a lock of Sasha Vujacic's hair?

milkshakeballa
06-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Bynum. I highlighted the part I agree with. Odom is a pussy.

luva. no1 in their right fucking mind would trade bynum after this series.

milkshakeballa
06-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Bosh has been in LA all week. What you think?:wakeup

Boston scored 30+ pts in the 4th quarter.

Bosh is as soft defensively as LO.

you do the math luva.

you do the fucking math

jag
06-10-2010, 11:03 PM
I can't help but laugh whenever they show him on the bench just chillin. He sits there with a look on his face like he's trying to figure out where the party's at after the game.

baseline bum
06-10-2010, 11:04 PM
What the hell are the Lakers ever going to do with Bynum and that contract if he can't get healthy for games 5-7?

cobbler
06-10-2010, 11:04 PM
no way you trade drew for bosh. Big mistake!

duncan228
06-10-2010, 11:05 PM
With Bynum’s absence, Lakers overpowered inside (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txnbafinalslakers)
By Brian Mahoney

Andrew Bynum gave it a go, but couldn’t go for long.

Battling a painful right knee, the starting center for the Los Angeles Lakers was limited to about 13 minutes in Game 4 of the NBA finals, and the Boston Celtics took advantage to notch a 96-89 victory Thursday night that evened the series at two games apiece.

Bynum was on the floor for less than two minutes in the second half, and the Lakers sorely missed his size and strength. The Celtics had a whopping 54-34 advantage in points in the paint, a 20-10 edge in second-chance points and outrebounded Los Angeles 41-34.

Bynum has a torn meniscus, and the knee quickly refilled with fluid after he had it drained last week. He wasn’t on the floor down the stretch in Game 3, but Lakers coach Phil Jackson said before Thursday’s game that Bynum wanted to give it a shot.

“We’ll try to get him six, seven minutes at the beginning of the game,” Jackson said. “He likes to get out there and participate and get the feel of the game, and we’ll see how he goes from there.”

It don’t go much further.

Bynum played 10 minutes of the first half, then wasn’t on the floor for the start of the third quarter. He eventually checked in with about 4 minutes left in the period, then was back on the bench for good with 2:13 remaining.

Without him, the game resembled something from the 2008 NBA finals, when Bynum wasn’t available after knee surgery and the Celtics overpowered the Lakers inside.

Boston’s Glen Davis was able to bull his way to the basket in the fourth quarter, and the Celtics had a key possession extended in the closing minutes with an offensive rebound.

Bynum had been averaging only about 25 minutes in the postseason because of the knee, but he had been effective early in this series. He had 21 points and seven blocked shots in Game 2, when he was able to stay on the floor for 39 minutes.

But perhaps the cross-country flight, followed by the short turnaround before Game 3, took its toll on Bynum.

cobbler
06-10-2010, 11:07 PM
The worst part of all is Laker Nation is all on his nuts. I know the Kwame years were tough, but Bynum is just as frustrating.

Come on Luva... that's a ridiculous stretch.

LkrFan
06-10-2010, 11:07 PM
If he's seriously hurt, it's a massive shift in the series IMO..

Even though Boston is tied, I still think LA looks better and will win the series, but Bynum is a big part of that..his length has bothered their shots, particularly Rondo, and Davis has a much harder time when Bynum is in there too..

It also obviously hurts since Odom isn't playing too well, and the Lakers have no bench to speak of..

Bynum really is made of glass though, he's only 22 and he's a walking injury(minus the walking)..
This is the dumbest shit I ever read. In 2007 200+lb Kobe fell on his knee. In 2008 230+lb Odumb fell on his knee. How is that his fault? And more importantly, who would NOT have been injured in those two situations?

Ashy Larry
06-10-2010, 11:08 PM
just brutal ..... who would have ever thought that a fucked up knee could jeopardize the series.

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 11:09 PM
BS, Ashy, there is more than enough sans Bynum to finish this. Don't start with the injury happy horseshit.

LkrFan
06-10-2010, 11:11 PM
You do the fucking math. Since Bynum has been allowed to come on an NBA floor, he's always been injured. Would you keep a fucking car that keeps breaking down. No, you sucker someone else with that lemon. Bosh is an all-star, Bynum is a wet dream... FOR YOU GUYS, THAT IS.
Ok, I normally enjoy your posts, but this one is not right. Again I ask, who would NOT have been injured in the same two scenarios Bynum found himself in? Two players over 200 lbs coming at your knee at full speed. That is an injury waiting to happen. This year's injury is a residual of both of those injuries.

You thought LO was bad tonight defensively? LO's defense (even tonight) is >>>> Bosh's. Unless you want to outscore people 126 - 101 every night.

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2010, 11:14 PM
This is the dumbest shit I ever read. In 2007 200+lb Kobe fell on his knee. In 2008 230+lb Odumb fell on his knee. How is that his fault? And more importantly, who would NOT have been injured in those two situations?

This is the type of fan that makes it tough to give Bynum credit..he has some really protective fans..

There's literally no argument you can make that would show that Bynum isn't injury prone..it doesn't have to be "his fault", that doesn't really have anything to do with being injury prone..

The man is ALWAYS injured, what else do you want?..

jag
06-10-2010, 11:16 PM
The worst part of all is Laker Nation is all on his nuts. I know the Kwame years were tough, but Bynum is just as frustrating.

Bynum has far more talent than Kwame. The thing i don't get about Bynum is that it rarely looks like he's leaving it all out there. I'm sure he cares...but it just seems like he doesn't really give a shit. He makes it hard on Perkins and Garnett, though. If nothing else, he's a hell of a matchup guy...and this is his series.

LkrFan
06-10-2010, 11:18 PM
This is the type of fan that makes it tough to give Bynum credit..he has some really protective fans..

There's literally no argument you can make that would show that Bynum isn't injury prone..it doesn't have to be "his fault", that doesn't really have anything to do with being injury prone..

We'll just agree to disagree. I'm not being over protective, I'm stating the obvious. Do I like it that he is out there hobbling and not 100%? Hell no. But to say he is injury prone when his own teammates hurt him doesn't make sense to me.

I see him out there battling despite needing surgery. I give him mad props for that.

cobbler
06-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Are you ok with this guy averaging 25 games a year? Not to mention he was a bum the entire playoffs?!? I knew he would do decent against the Celttics because Perkins has regressed. He's done, cobbler. Every time I see him bump into a player, I hold my breath.

Of course I'm not happy with the injuries. But it's not like he was just injured on some soft play. And I am willing to give him another year because we need his presence inside. Even at 50-60% as he is now, he makes a difference. If he was 100% this series would have been a sweep.

Bosh is not the answer. He's soft on D and more a pertmeter playing big. We need size and bulk in the paint.

With all that said. To compare Bynum with Kwame is just absurd.

bostonguy
06-10-2010, 11:19 PM
From what I have been told, a torn miniscus while painful is something you can obviously play through. Either Bynum pussied out and can't play with the pain, or this injury is much much worse than they are saying.

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 11:20 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Bynum flys back to the coast yet tonite. If he doesn't that means he's intending on playing Sunday.

LkrFan
Bynum has far more talent than Kwame. The thing i don't get about Bynum is that it rarely looks like he's leaving it all out there. I'm sure he cares...but it just seems like he doesn't really give a shit. He makes it hard on Perkins and Garnett, though. If nothing else, he's a hell of a matchup guy...and this is his series.
How can you leave it all out there when you are not even 60%? This guy should be recovering from surgery yet he is out there battling. I guess that accounts for nothing. :rolleyes

Ashy Larry
BS, Ashy, there is more than enough sans Bynum to finish this. Don't start with the injury happy horseshit.

Oh, I totally agree. Baby just beasted tonight and it's a damn shame when our starters get worked by their bench.

I was just stating that when Bynum is out there, Baby doesn't go all gangsta. But even with that said, he basically punked Odom and Gasol. Even snatched the ball from Kobe.

Dude really played well.

Giuseppe
From what I have been told, a torn miniscus while painful is something you can obviously play through. Either Bynum pussied out and can't play with the pain, or this injury is much much worse than they are saying.

:rolleyes

cobbler
06-10-2010, 11:21 PM

you to shut up?

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 11:22 PM
you to shut up?

Even though it ain't his team, the dumb fuck is happy.

jag
06-10-2010, 11:25 PM
How can you leave it all out there when you are not even 60%? This guy should be recovering from surgery yet he is out there battling. I guess that accounts for nothing. :rolleyes

Are you assuming this is the first time I've seen him play?

cobbler

Haters gotta hate no matter which bandwagon they are hating from.

HarlemHeat37

Happy about what?..

Gobbler, stop following me please..I'm asking you nicely..you're like my little sister + racism and rape jokes..

LkrFan
06-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Bosh is all NBA and puts up better numbers than Bynum and Gasol. Stop making excuses for Bynum. It's one thing to get injured, but to take 3x's the amount of time to heal than a normal human is rare. Both he and Oden have that necrosis disease or something. Hey man,leave this alone. I'm about to start drinking and this could get ugly.
Go drink then. Here's an electronic one for ya with cheeze: :whine

Bottom line is Bosh is putting up numbers on a bottom feeding lottery team. We know that Pau >>>>>> Bosh as a PF or Center - that is not even a question. Make Pau #1 option in Toronto and his numbers beast Bosh's. If Bosh came to LA for Bynum - he would NOT get his numbers here. Kobe WILL eat first. Pau WILL eat 2nd. PJ would mandate it. Anytime you have a combo that has made 3 straight Finals - no way in hell would Bosh come in and take over as #2 option - which is what it would take for him to get his numbers here.

I'm just as frustrated as you are, but Bosh is not the answer. His defense SUCKS ass - and you know it.

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Haters gotta hate no matter which bandwagon they are hating from.

And the screwball ain't got no pride. The Suns rinsed his ass months ago and now he's latched onto these fucks.

LkrFan
Are you assuming this is the first time I've seen him play?
You are a Spurs fan so I would bet you I've seen him play more than you have. I'd guess you only watched him play when there were games of interest - like v. the Spurs, Rox, Nuggs, Celtics, etc.

cobbler
Happy about what?..

Gobbler, stop following me please..I'm asking you nicely..you're like my little sister + racism and rape jokes..

Following you? I'm in a Laker thread. And when you post dumb shit...I am going to comment. You don't like it? Fuck off! :lol

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Following you? I'm in a Laker thread. And when you post dumb shit...I am going to comment. You don't like it? Fuck off! :lol

What was dumb shit?..

I wouldn't mind your comments if you actually had arguments, you literally never do..you quote the majority of my posts and you have nothing good to say in response, at least bring some quality..I'm not the only one that has said this, you've seen other posters call you out for it too..

cobbler
06-10-2010, 11:30 PM
And the screwball ain't got no pride. The Suns rinsed his ass months ago and now he's latched onto these fucks.

A douche doesn't care which vagina they inhabit.

cobbler
06-10-2010, 11:30 PM
what was dumb shit?..

you!

Giuseppe
06-10-2010, 11:32 PM
And take that Silver Award you got, turn it sideways and..........

give it to me.

midnightpulp
06-10-2010, 11:32 PM
The Gobbler/Harlemheat feud is pretty entertaining.

TD 21
06-10-2010, 11:33 PM
If Wallace either can't go or is ineffective, then that negates Bynum either not being able to go or being ineffective.

Without Bynum, that changes everything for the Lakers. No more size advantage, zero depth, not a single reliable/high level bench performer. When he's out, I feel like the playing field is evened.

I still think it's the Lakers series to lose though. All the Celtics did was keep their hopes alive; if they lose game five they're still done.

Speaking of game five, I think the Celtics, who are due to shoot the ball well, pick up where they left off in the fourth quarter, jump on the Lakers early, control the game throughout, then have it slip away late in the fourth, go on to lose the game and never recover in the series, losing in six games.

jag
06-10-2010, 11:35 PM
He has no fire unless he has something to prove.

I was about to say this exact thing verbatim. When he plays Duncan, he absolutely shows out on the defensive end. And I'll never forget the game where he went hard at shaq, threw it down on him and got in his face.

That's pretty much why i think he's just a matchup guy... You want him out there to matchup with certain bigs, but he's not a guy you can depend on with heavy minutes against any given team.

jag
06-10-2010, 11:37 PM
You are a Spurs fan so I would bet you I've seen him play more than you have. I'd guess you only watched him play when there were games of interest - like v. the Spurs, Rox, Nuggs, Celtics, etc.

Rockets?

midnightpulp
06-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Shut the fuck up faggot.

We poppin' bottles in Boston!

Hey, Luva, at least you got those beers to pop tonight as worthy replacement.

LkrFan
06-10-2010, 11:39 PM
We made 3 straight fucking finals with absolutely no fucking help from Bynum at all. Two years ago, hurt. Last year, hurt, this year, he sucked and hurt. We've done it without him.
Fair enough lakaluva - we're on the same page. I'm just as frustrated as you are. I just choose to stay positive.

The series is tied. Both teams are banged up. Game 7 (if we need it) is in LA. If we don't win, it just wasn't meant to be. I'm still confident though. We gotta fight these haters on ST and watch the Lakers do the same to them Celtic bums :ihit

On to game 5...

LkrFan
06-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Rockets?
Yeah - Rockets. That's a Spurs division rival. Bynum v. Yao is a good matchup. Playoff implications, yada yada yada.

It would make sense to watch any Laker game, but especially when there are two good centers in the post going at it.

midnightpulp
06-10-2010, 11:43 PM
In honor of my man Hopper, I'm going to get a six pack of PABST BLUE RIBBON!!! That's how low I feel seeing Bynum sit on that bench tonight.

:toast

jag
06-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah - Rockets. That's a Spurs division rival. Bynum v. Yao is a good matchup. Playoff implications, yada yada yada.

It would make sense to watch any Laker game, but especially when there are two good centers in the post going at it.

The spurs and rockets haven't been rivals since like '95. You do make a good point about Bynum v. Yao. They had some battles this year.

MiamiHeat
06-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Lakers have 0 chance at Bosh

He's going to Miami for big bucks.

tlongII
06-11-2010, 12:38 AM
We made 3 straight fucking finals with absolutely no fucking help from Bynum at all. Two years ago, hurt. Last year, hurt, this year, he sucked and hurt. We've done it without him.

Good luck with that buddy!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-11-2010, 01:08 AM
For the life of me, I have no fucking clue why you guys are all over Bynum. It's sad.

The Bosh love is worse.

TheMACHINE
06-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Without Bynum, its 2008 once again. Simple as that.

milkshakeballa
06-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Bosh is all NBA and puts up better numbers than Bynum and Gasol. Stop making excuses for Bynum. It's one thing to get injured, but to take 3x's the amount of time to heal than a normal human is rare. Both he and Oden have that necrosis disease or something. Hey man,leave this alone. I'm about to start drinking and this could get ugly.

jesus christ NO SHIT bosh puts up better numbers than drew DIPSHIT

but guess what luva?

THIS ISNT A FUCKING VIDEO GAME

Did you see LO's D today?

That D is 10x better than Chris Bosh

ezau
06-11-2010, 02:31 AM
Bynum for Oden straight up:toast

MiamiHeat
06-11-2010, 02:36 AM
What was dumb shit?..

I wouldn't mind your comments if you actually had arguments, you literally never do..you quote the majority of my posts and you have nothing good to say in response, at least bring some quality..I'm not the only one that has said this, you've seen other posters call you out for it too..

He's the dumbest poster on spurstalk

he is convinced you and me are the same poster :lol

ezau
06-11-2010, 02:41 AM
Bynum is this generation's Bill Walton. Sad to see all that talent going to waste. I mean, he's 22, but his body is more of that a 34-35 year-old guy. People should always be wary of potential.

cobbler
06-11-2010, 02:46 AM
What was dumb shit?..

Your dumb shit is all the forum with your BS kobe and laker hate. You start your posts with the obligatory "not hating", or "being an unbiased observer", and many others followed directly with your veiled jabs and trolling posts. Then of course you always get in the rapist, snitch, and racist coments just as you did with your post above.

Your please stop following me is just absolutely precious followed by your bullshit implications that I've told racist and rape jokes. Please show me where I have told one on this forum. You cannot. I simply said I can laugh at off color jokes and tell the difference between what is a joke and what is reality. I can certainly show the posts where you slandered the Pakastani people. Go figure. I guess the truth comes out doesn't it.

It's you who is the racist. Not to mention your making light of child abuse.

cobbler
06-11-2010, 02:51 AM
He's the dumbest poster on spurstalk

he is convinced you and me are the same poster :lol

No 3 people could be so similarly retarded. If Harlem/Chris/Miami are not the same poster then you must compare notes as you are riding the short bus home from therapy.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2010, 02:58 AM
:rollin

It's funny that you dislike all 3 of us, when we all drop the facts and actually make legit arguments, while you settle for personal attacks and unquantifiable arguments..

Your obsession is so pathetic that other posters here have started to call you out on it..you're on some menopause shit TBH, get over us..your team is in the Finals, be happy..

This was Gobbler's response to a gray named Spurs fan that was just trying to talk basketball a few days ago, I was appalled..

I was talking about YOU. Yes, you the arrogant, self righteous, small town texas beaner.

He can't handle the internet, he's like namlook's older brother..

ezau
06-11-2010, 03:05 AM
LMAO cobbler. Get a bottle of beer and relax pal, series ain't over yet.

milkshakeballa
06-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Your dumb shit is all the forum with your BS kobe and laker hate. You start your posts with the obligatory "not hating", or "being an unbiased observer", and many others followed directly with your veiled jabs and trolling posts. Then of course you always get in the rapist, snitch, and racist coments just as you did with your post above.

Your please stop following me is just absolutely precious followed by your bullshit implications that I've told racist and rape jokes. Please show me where I have told one on this forum. You cannot. I simply said I can laugh at off color jokes and tell the difference between what is a joke and what is reality. I can certainly show the posts where you slandered the Pakastani people. Go figure. I guess the truth comes out doesn't it.

It's you who is the racist. Not to mention your making light of child abuse.

testify cobb tesitfy

cobbler
06-11-2010, 03:31 AM
:rollin

It's funny that you dislike all 3 of us, when we all drop the facts and actually make legit arguments, while you settle for personal attacks and unquantifiable arguments..

Your obsession is so pathetic that other posters here have started to call you out on it..you're on some menopause shit TBH, get over us..your team is in the Finals, be happy..

This was Gobbler's response to a gray named Spurs fan that was just trying to talk basketball a few days ago, I was appalled..

He can't handle the internet, he's like namlook's older brother..

Posters? DPG and thats it. He's a friggen moron like you.

You actually save my posts! Im flattered. :lmao

I'm very happy my team is in the finals. Completely thrilled!!! I sure know you aren't!

You 3 are constantly called out for your hater posts and threads by many many posters. Shall I search out your racist Pakistani posts?

cobbler
06-11-2010, 03:32 AM
LMAO cobbler. Get a bottle of beer and relax pal, series ain't over yet.

As relaxed as I can be. Loving life and all it's rewards! Thank you for your concern.

ezau
06-11-2010, 04:38 AM
As relaxed as I can be. Loving life and all it's rewards! Thank you for your concern.
:toast

cobbler
06-11-2010, 04:51 AM

Ohhhhhhh really?

Again, this is how you work. You toss out veiled references. You bash on everything Lakers and Kobe. You have a worst poster list and its all Laker fans.

And now you are an outright liar.

But this is what you do. You take things out of context and distort the facts to fuel your obsession.

So let's take a look at the 4 post sequence that you refered to and tried to make me look like I was being an ass to some new poster "JUST TRYING TO TALK BASKETBALL".

Wow!!.... the quintessential Lakers fan. What a joke....has probably done more blow than Jack Nicholson and Dyan Cannon put together and bored the living hell out of everyone stupid enough to hang out with him!

Lot's of basketball talked in that post. I guess I should have replied with some advanced stat bullshit. :rolleyes

And as goofy as he looks and probably is, He's sitting in seats you could only dream of affording.

So the quintessential Spurs fan would be the arrogant, self righteous, small market Texas beaner?

My reply... and notice the "?" to punctuate the sentence. In other words, I'm mocking him for his stereotyping a fanbase.

Don't assume anyone on this forum can or cannot afford a seat to a basketball game you piece of shit and if it's arrogant to think you fucking L.A. buttwipes are a curse on the human race, then call me arrogant.

Nice follow up. Lot's of basketball talk there too I see. :rolleyes

So I sent it back over the fence...

I wasn't assuming about anyone. I was talking about YOU. Yes, you the arrogant, self righteous, small town texas beaner.

Not one fucking word about basketball in his posts and our sequence of banter with each other. Go figure.

Apparently it's not so appalling to you to fabricate lies and distribute them.

Your moral high horse is a tad gimpy there Saint Harlem.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155929

Capt Bringdown
06-11-2010, 08:46 AM
The Celtics won't be able to overcome Allen's O-fer night, with the Lakers with or without Bynum.

LakeShow
06-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Didn't read the thread but I just think it's ludicrous to trade Bynum and to trade him for Bosh would be moronic, imo. I would rather take my chances with Bynum than to turn the Lakers into the Phoenix Suns or Dallas Mavericks. Great offense, soft as fuck defense. No thanks!

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Didn't read the thread but I just think it's ludicrous to trade Bynum and to trade him for Bosh would be moronic, imo. I would rather take my chances with Bynum than to turn the Lakers into the Phoenix Suns or Dallas Mavericks. Great offense, soft as fuck defense. No thanks!

Thank you, Show.

The suspension of sanity running thru this Board last night and this morning has to do with the origins of this meniscus tear and the decision by Lakers management group to allow it to fester instead of repairing it. They knew last June it was torn, but, never operated on it. Media won't ask the pertinent questions as to why this decision was made this way. A "gentleman's agreement" obviously is in place for certain queries, this query must be on that forbidden list. Perhaps the question will be permitted to see the light, but, not yet---a year in.

If Bynum can play Sunday, let him stay. If he's finished for The Finals, let him stay. If they've consulted the doctors and a 5 day convalescence will improve the condition, send him back to California immediately.

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 11:36 AM
I feel like I'm in the fucking twilight zone with you guys over this clown Bynum. The guy is done. Even if he does play, he won't make a difference. He's already quit. He's been here before too many times, and it's become normal for him.

Luva, my fine friend, we'll have to differ on this point.

You're wrong.

21_Blessings
06-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Drew didn't quit. Phil chose not to play him.

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Do you think I'm making this up? He's the one that went to the media declaring he's not sure if he can play. The Lakers feared letting him have the surgery because they already know how slow he heals. It's no one's fault, it's just reality. You've been around long enough to see injury prone guys like Bynum, and the prognosis is always terrible. He's no different than Oden, Yao, or J Oneal. All the praying, and hoping and wishing in the world won't change that.

You're mixing up events here, Luva.

Do you the particulars on the suspense file that took place last June when the meniscus tear was discovered? Not supposition, but, at least some quotage from the interested parties. That is where this problem he's having now originated. Somebody is responsible.

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 12:00 PM
It doesn't matter when he got injured.

Of course it does. It was torn last June. Somebody(s) made the decision not to repair it. We deserve to know who & why.

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I'd put my money that it was him. Hiding the fact that he needs surgery, yet again. So now he's injury prone, and stupid.

A full vetting of the facts needs to be made. The sooner the better.

resistanze
06-11-2010, 02:41 PM
I'd put my money that it was him. Hiding the fact that he needs surgery, yet again. So now he's injury prone, and stupid.

:lmao

Indazone
06-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Greg Oden vs Andrew Bynum...who gonna break first? :lmao

djohn2oo8
06-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Greg Oden vs Andrew Bynum...who gonna break first? :lmao

You really wanna get into that debate when we have OW Ming?

Indazone
06-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Yao played more games than either of those glass pylons

IronMexican
06-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Yao played as many game as this entire board the whole season.

Edward
06-11-2010, 06:55 PM

:lmao coldplay faggot what season were you watching?

djohn2oo8
06-11-2010, 06:57 PM

Go back to clutchfans, they'll be more lenient to your Yao cocksucking

peteee
06-11-2010, 06:58 PM
computer games you mean? I know he played a lot sitting in a wheel chair with his ruptured knees and feet plastered.

Edward
06-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Most Rocket fans on this side have finally gotten around to realizing how little Ming cares about his NBA career, Indazone and noob cake are still however slow in the brain.

cobbler
06-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Go figure... no retort from the moral saint. :lmao

z0sa
06-12-2010, 01:40 AM
"Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character."

Cobbler, in your opinion, which followup Spurs title team had the least character, and who contributed the most to that lack of character?

BadOdor
06-12-2010, 01:49 AM
"Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character."

Cobbler, in your opinion, which followup Spurs title team had the least character, and who contributed the most to that lack of character?

Dirty bruce bowen, imho.

z0sa
06-12-2010, 01:51 AM
That's the best argument there is. I was hoping Cobbler didn't use it. :lol I guess that makes '99 the only team worthy of a repeat, should Timmy avoid injury?

BadOdor
06-12-2010, 01:53 AM
That's the best argument there is. I was hoping Cobbler didn't use it. :lol I guess that makes '99 the only team worthy of a repeat, should Timmy avoid injury?

What's "worthy", anyway? if a team "repeats", then it was worthy. What are spur fan so insistent on playing this "moral character" card?

z0sa
06-12-2010, 01:54 AM
What's "worthy", anyway? if a team "repeats", then it was worthy. What are spur fan so insistent on playing this "moral character" card?

I'm using John Wooden's criterion, of character. Since the Spurs never repeated, I wanted to question whether or not Cobbler applied Wooden's logic to the Spurs. A simple question. Wooden was a great man and I don't mind conversing about something he said.

cobbler
06-12-2010, 02:01 AM

I have no problem with Bowen or the Spurs. While I will talk shit with the best of you and am a Laker homer, I have a lot of respect for the Spurs organization. My sig was not in reference to the Spurs lack of repeating but more towards my Lakers and Bruins doing so.

Also I put it there as a tribute to Wooden. He is one of the most incredible men I have ever had the pleasure to meet and converse with. A great great man may he rest in peace.

cobbler
06-12-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm using John Wooden's criterion, of character. Since the Spurs never repeated, I wanted to question whether or not Cobbler applied Wooden's logic to the Spurs. A simple question. Wooden was a great man and I don't mind conversing about something he said.

There are so many factors that go into repeating. It is obviously not a simple thing to do as proven by the relative few teams who have done so. My intepretation, for what it is worth, is that it takes "talent" to be able to win and it's very easy to let the success blind you as to what it took to get there in the first place. To repeat takes even more effort than the first because you have to have even more focus and determination to get there again. It's easy to get a fat head and rest on your laurels. That's where the "character" comes in.

I equate it with the contract year syndrome. A player will work his ass off in the off season and do everything possible to have a great year and be a model teammate and ciitzen to obtain the contract.... and yet when it's obtained the foot is taken off the peddle and complacencey can set in.

My 2 cents anyway...

cobbler
06-12-2010, 02:26 AM
BTW... Where's Harlem? I'm still waiting for his explaination on why he feels the need to project himself as this morally righteous person and yet has this propensity for outright lying to support his libelous actions.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 06:34 AM

But, he wasn't a saint. He let Sam Gilbert be his bag man in order to keep his own hands clean.

C'mon.

TheManFromAcme
06-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Mornin Cully.

Just left LG and though I can't recall the link, evidently Drew got his knee drained again and set to go on Sunday. Whats your take on it?
Will we see a game1 & 2 Drew?

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 07:17 AM
I read too that he had it drained again. He sounds confident in the article I read. The extra day of rest ain't gonna hurt.

Odom though is the one who has to impact in Game 5 and beyond. There is scant room for error thru tomorrow night, and none thereafter.

Boston is a tough nut to crack. Everyone else we've played cracked &/or quit during the respective series. Boston won't crack and they won't quit. It's going to be very difficult to close these fucks out, Bynum or no Bynum.

TheManFromAcme
06-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Here ya ^

LakeShow
06-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Thank you, Show.

The suspension of sanity running thru this Board last night and this morning has to do with the origins of this meniscus tear and the decision by Lakers management group to allow it to fester instead of repairing it. They knew last June it was torn, but, never operated on it. Media won't ask the pertinent questions as to why this decision was made this way. A "gentleman's agreement" obviously is in place for certain queries, this query must be on that forbidden list. Perhaps the question will be permitted to see the light, but, not yet---a year in.

If Bynum can play Sunday, let him stay. If he's finished for The Finals, let him stay. If they've consulted the doctors and a 5 day convalescence will improve the condition, send him back to California immediately.

I agree with you 100%. :toast

I think they were afraid to do surgery because of Andrews history of being a slow healer. The procedure is considered to be an easy one and the recovery was expected to be short but Drew did not want to take any chances. So he opted to wait until the playoffs ended. Drew has shown nothing but heart in playing on it.

I dont see how anyone who saw game 4 would even consider getting rid of drew, expecially for Bosh :vomit: , the Celtics would punk the Lakers even more than they did in 08 with Bosh.

I think the Lakers organization is too smart to make such a dumb decision on moving Drew. He has the potential to be the best center in the league.

djohn2oo8
06-12-2010, 09:17 AM
I agree with you 100%. :toast

I think they were afraid to do surgery because of Andrews history of being a slow healer. The procedure is considered to be an easy one and the recovery was expected to be short but Drew did not want to take any chances. So he opted to wait until the playoffs ended. Drew has shown nothing but heart in playing on it.

I dont see how anyone who saw game 4 would even consider getting rid of drew, expecially for Bosh :vomit: , the Celtics would punk the Lakers even more than they did in 08 with Bosh.

I think the Lakers organization is too smart to make such a dumb decision on moving Drew. He has the potential to be the best center in the league.

Unfortunately he doesn't have the drive, and he is already injury prone at 22

Indazone
06-12-2010, 10:46 AM
lol what do you bet that Bynum does not finish out this series. :lol

damn, I'm good

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156062

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Unfortunately he doesn't have the drive, and he is already injury prone at 22

He has given forth the drive during these playoffs. Only disloyal opposition will deny it.

Like someone else mentioned: the one injury where Kobe barreled into him counts yes, but, not on his predisposition to injury. C'mon. If you're completely naked in front of me, dj, and I run as fast as I can, even in my mid 50-s, I'd still destroy your knee and grab your package with my portable tweezers to break my fall.

This meniscus injury could have and should have been repaired a year ago. When/if we find out who is responsible for the delay then we can assign blame.

Warmest regards,

- Culburn Castleberry

Muser
06-12-2010, 11:23 AM
He's injury prone and lazy. Stop fooling yourself.

mavsfan1000
06-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Bynum has been hurt the whole playoffs. Just playing through it. I think he'll be fresher for game 5 with Phil Jackson giving him most of the second half off in game 4. Btw Odom should always come off the bench. Mbenga can start the first 5 minutes of each half if necessary. You need that player off the bench for a spark.

symple19
06-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Bynum is a failure

HarlemHeat37
06-12-2010, 11:33 AM
:lol at Gobbler desperately waiting for my reply..he's logging onto his mobile every 10 minutes, preparing to reply to my counter-argument, nervously anticipating what I'm about to say..

You spent time quoting and writing that post when I was clearly fucking around when I wrote "wanting to talk basketball"..I obviously read his posts beforehand, it was obviously a bait job, and it clearly worked..

The end result is the same though..you being a racist, as usual..

As for my Pakistani talk, go for it, show me them..I've never insulted the Pakistani culture..the only time I've brought them up in a negative context is when I make fun of the resident Pakistani here that pretends to be an All-American Black athlete, ashamed of his own culture..

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Bynum has been hurt the whole playoffs. Just playing through it. I think he'll be fresher for game 5 with Phil Jackson giving him most of the second half off in game 4. Btw Odom should always come off the bench. Mbenga can start the first 5 minutes of each half if necessary. You need that player off the bench for a spark.

You can't not start Bynum. It would compromise many things: his confidence, the pecking order, the ref's regimen of foul calling, etc. If he can play--he must start.

But, I do like Mbenga getting a regular stipend of minutes in the beginning of the 2nd and end of the 3rd quarters. Let him bang and give the Celtics a different & "healthy" look. Phil will never do it, but, it's nice to fancy nonetheless.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 11:36 AM

You got a gd medal too?

Fuck me.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 11:38 AM
As for my Pakistani talk, go for it, show me them..I've never insulted the Pakistani culture..the only time I've brought them up in a negative context is when I make fun of the resident Pakistani here that pretends to be an All-American Black athlete, ashamed of his own culture..

& :lmao you're in a panic to clean up your image now.:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao: lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

HarlemHeat37
06-12-2010, 11:47 AM
& :lmao you're in a panic to clean up your image now.:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao: lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Don't make me use it..

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 11:48 AM
http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Don't make me use it..

Use it. Nobody with that medal is going to make me use their ma & pa in broad daylight.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

HarlemHeat37
06-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Now what does that say about true Paki's. Don't you think they are offended by you referring ot them as smelly and their women with hairy nipples.:lol What's really funny is that you guys would think I would be offended by thinking I'm a Paki.:lmao

I've never said Pakis smell or have hairy nipples..

Stop being so self-hating, we accept you for what you are, it's over..

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 11:50 AM
I've never said Pakis smell or have hairy nipples..

Stop being so self-hating..

Harlem, gettin' his best behavior on.

muhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

HarlemHeat37
06-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Use it. Nobody with that medal is going to make me use their ma & pa in broad daylight.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

What does this mean?..

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 11:52 AM
What does this mean?..

You figure it out, blankethead.

cobbler
06-12-2010, 01:20 PM
:lol at Gobbler desperately waiting for my reply..he's logging onto his mobile every 10 minutes, preparing to reply to my counter-argument, nervously anticipating what I'm about to say..

You spent time quoting and writing that post when I was clearly fucking around when I wrote "wanting to talk basketball"..I obviously read his posts beforehand, it was obviously a bait job, and it clearly worked..

The end result is the same though..you being a racist, as usual..

Let's see now....

First off I don't own a mobile. Wrong again.

And thank you for admitting that you lie and bullshit in feeble attempts to portray yourself as some moral saint while defaming others.

And of course, when you you get caught.... it's a bait job.

And low and behold, for someone who has posted ad naseum on Pau's racism because he squinted in a photo he said was making fun, it's suddenly OK to poke fun at the Pakistani people for your own agenda.

By your OWN standards.... You Harlem are a RACIST. And by anyone's standards, you are most definetly a liar.

As for the baiting.... you replied didn't ya? :lmao:lmao:lmao

cobbler
06-12-2010, 01:28 PM
You can't not start Bynum. It would compromise many things: his confidence, the pecking order, the ref's regimen of foul calling, etc. If he can play--he must start.

But, I do like Mbenga getting a regular stipend of minutes in the beginning of the 2nd and end of the 3rd quarters. Let him bang and give the Celtics a different & "healthy" look. Phil will never do it, but, it's nice to fancy nonetheless.

You start Drew and hope he can contribute. If not, and especially when Big Baby is in, you countger with Mbenga and tell him to use all 6 of his fouls and Baby is NEVER to see the rim. I actually think PJ will give it a shot if Drew can't go.

TheManFromAcme
06-12-2010, 01:46 PM
You start Drew and hope he can contribute. If not, and especially when Big Baby is in, you countger with Mbenga and tell him to use all 6 of his fouls and Baby is NEVER to see the rim. I actually think PJ will give it a shot if Drew can't go.

Gosh I hope Phil considers that Cob. That would be splendid. :tu
You really think he'll do it?

LakeShow
06-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Bynum '100 percent' ready to play
EmailPrintComments
By Andrew Kamenetzky
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive
BOSTON -- After having his right knee drained of fluid for the second time this postseason, Lakers center Andrew Bynum says he'll be ready to go for Sunday's Game 5 of the NBA Finals against the Celtics.

"One-hundred percent sure I'm playing," Bynum when asked after Saturday's practice about his status.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson expressed uncertainty before Thursday's Game 4 about the availability of Bynum, who was limited to less than two minutes of playing time during the game's second half and 12 minutes in all. Bynum had hoped to avoid another draining of the knee but had no choice.

"It was either not play or do the draining," he said with a shrug. "There was too much swelling in it. The draining really helped. It hasn't come back yet. There will be more treatment [Saturday night], just to make sure I'll be ready for Sunday."

How many minutes Bynum will play Sunday depends on how his knee responds to another pounding.

"The pain is the thing that's easy for me to to play with. It's just pain. The swelling, the other muscles around it get tired and they just don't fire. That was really the issue -- being able to hold your position. I think [Kevin Garnett] ran into me and my knee buckled. You just have to be aware of those things."

An MRI on Friday revealed no further damage to the knee. Bynum has remained insistent on not missing any games despite having a torn meniscus. In particular, Game 5 struck him as too important to miss.

"I know this game is the biggest game, because it could change the whole series either way," Bynum said.

The Celtics evened the series at two games apiece with a 96-89 victory in Game 4.

Andy Kamenetzky is co-author the Land O' Lakers blog on ESPNLosAngeles.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5279503

TheManFromAcme
06-12-2010, 01:56 PM
:tu^

cobbler
06-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Gosh I hope Phil considers that Cob. That would be splendid. :tu
You really think he'll do it?

Actually, I think PJ would go with Powell. But if it was me, I would go with MBenja.

Jackson suggested that he could go deep into his bench, using reserve big men Josh Powell and D.J. Mbenga, although he was more assured of Powell's preparedness than Mbenga's.

"If his head is into it [Mbenga could play]," Jackson said. "Sometimes a guy hasn't played in a while and you'll look in there and it may be kind of vacant in there, a wake-up type of thing. But I do check every game or so to see if these guys are still on beam. D.J. has lost a little bit in the process of not playing, and he needs that. But Josh Powell is ready to play."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5274858

You can take this two ways. He is serious about Powell being more prepared. Powell is known in Laker circles for an amazing work ethic. I see it as a nudge in Mbenga back side saying.... be ready and have attitude.

I guess we shall see...

LakeShow
06-12-2010, 02:01 PM
No he doesn't. Nothing about his game should lead even a retarded person to think he has the potential to even be an all-star, let alone the best center in the NBA. This is why PJ laughs every time Drew mentions all-star. The experiment is over. The guy is damaged goods, and was probably going to be average at best if he had never had one injury.

If you think he has nothing to offer then you're blinded by your hatred. Drew has plenty to offer. He blocks shots, a nice low post game and plays good defense. Look at what happened to the Lakers when he couldn't go in game 4. Perkins was in check the entire series until he didn't have to deal with Drew. He became Shaq against Gasol and Odom. So did Garnett and big baby. He makes a helluva difference.

Hate on him all you want but the lakers win nothing without Bynum. Replace Bynum with bosh and the Lakers front line consists of Pussy and Pussy Lite.

TheManFromAcme
06-12-2010, 02:03 PM
^Sounds good Cob.
:toast Here's to Phil's Chess game.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 02:04 PM
The problem is Powell has lost all confidence in his jump shot. He couldn't hit the barn if was inside.

cobbler
06-12-2010, 02:05 PM
If you think he has nothing to offer then you're blinded by your hatred. Drew has plenty to offer. He blocks shots, a nice low post game and plays good defense. Look at what happened to the Lakers when he couldn't go in game 4. Perkins was in check the entire series until he didn't have to deal with Drew. He became Shaq against Gasol and Odom. So did Garnett and big baby. He makes a helluva difference.

Hate on him all you want but the lakers win nothing without Bynum. Replace Bynum with bosh and the Lakers front line consists of Pussy and Pussy Lite.

The mere fact that the Lakers get owned in the paint when he is not in the game is all you need to counter the claims he has nothing to offer.

LakeShow
06-12-2010, 02:07 PM
The mere fact that the Lakers get owned in the paint when he is not in the game is all you need to counter the claims he has nothing to offer.

Agreed!

HarlemHeat37
06-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Let's see now....

First off I don't own a mobile. Wrong again.

And thank you for admitting that you lie and bullshit in feeble attempts to portray yourself as some moral saint while defaming others.

And of course, when you you get caught.... it's a bait job.

And low and behold, for someone who has posted ad naseum on Pau's racism because he squinted in a photo he said was making fun, it's suddenly OK to poke fun at the Pakistani people for your own agenda.

By your OWN standards.... You Harlem are a RACIST. And by anyone's standards, you are most definetly a liar.

As for the baiting.... you replied didn't ya? :lmao:lmao:lmao

-I never made any racist statements about Pakistanis though..I poked fun at Lakaluva for being ashamed of his roots, but I never made racist statements..try again..

-I never lie..this was one incident where I was clearly baiting..you're assuming I would lie and neglect the fact that you were obviously going to defend yourself and show proof that the gray Spurs fan attacked you first:lol..as if I didn't realize this would happen..stop reaching, at least wait until I actually slip up and attack me, don't reach like this, even you're better than that(maybe)..

The whole point of bringing up your posts about the gray named Spur fan was to show that you're a racist though..you personally attacked him and his Hispanic roots..this is a fact..you're trying to ignore this and take attention away from your racism by reaching and trying to turn me into some kind of liar for making 1 joke/baiting..this isn't your first racist incident too IIRC..

cobbler
06-12-2010, 03:42 PM
-I never made any racist statements about Pakistanis though..I poked fun at Lakaluva for being ashamed of his roots, but I never made racist statements..try again..

And yet Pau NEVER made a racist statement either and explained the pic as poking fun just as you have. And yet you have called him a racist numerous times. I never said you or he is a racist. I said... BY YOUR OWN STANDARDS... you are a racist.

And you are.

-I never lie..this was one incident where I was clearly baiting..you're assuming I would lie and neglect the fact that you were obviously going to defend yourself and show proof that the gray Spurs fan attacked you first:lol..as if I didn't realize this would happen..stop reaching, at least wait until I actually slip up and attack me, don't reach like this, even you're better than that(maybe)..

lie 2 (l)
n.
1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

Regardless of your motivation or intention, you lied. There is no reaching there. You stated:

He never once mentioned anything about basketball in our bantar with each other. He did nothing but attack Laker fans. No basketball context in his post at all. It's a bold face lie followed by your "I was so appalled" morality clause to try to defame me. That you are so classless that you cannot admit it changes nothing.

You are a LIAR. It's FACT. That you also claim that you NEVER lie is just further proof that you are indeed a liar.

-The whole point of bringing up your posts about the gray named Spur fan was to show that you're a racist though..you personally attacked him and his Hispanic roots..this is a fact..you're trying to ignore this and take attention away from your racism by reaching and trying to turn me into some kind of liar for making a joke/baiting..

You are not too bright are you? I was clearly bantaring with gray Spur fan in the context that saying all LA fans are coke sniffing Hollywood wanna be's is like me calling all Spur fans Texas Beaners. Get a grip.

Your double standards are off the charts Harlem. You constantly chastize our players for their moral standards as if you yourself are some saint. You call Pau a racist and when he commented and I argued that it was put out there as a joke you counter with the argument that you just don't joke about such things. Now all of a sudden, when you get caught going against your own ramblings, it's ok to joke about it. Go figure.

Read the posts you idiot. He attacked the Laker fanbase with hater generalizations, I replied that doing so in such a manner is akin to me calling all Spur fans Texas beaners. He then attacked me personally and I retorted. I never once attacked his Hispanic roots. I have no clue what his roots are. This is just another case of you trying to manipulate the facts to fit your agenda as usual.

So again, by your own standards which you have spewed constantly on this forum, YOU ARE A RACIST.

That you got caught in a bold face lie and excuse it as "baiting" changes nothing about the facts. YOU ARE A LIAR.

You HarlemHeat, by your own standards, are RACIST, and by definition, a LIAR. :wow

It is what it is...

LakeShow
06-12-2010, 04:01 PM
I expect better from you, but, oh well. We don't need him to beat Boston. We haven't needed him to win not one series in the last three years. The guy is not an impact player at all. He does help us against Boston because of his size. Of all my bashing of him, I'm the first person that predicted that he would be huge in the Boston series. I just don't think Perkins has improved at all since 08, and KG is a shell of his former self. And the simple fact that we don't need him to beat Boston, or teams like the Suns, Denver, Utah, Orlando, and the Spurs, simply puts you and all of you Bynum sympathizers in a position of being extremely bias. Now, how in the hell can we not use a career all-star forward to replace a guy that we have proven that we don't even need? You guys are not even making sense.

OK, I will just respectfully disagree. We didn't have him in 08 and got beat down by the Celtics. We had him in our title run so you can't say we didn't need him because we had him. We have him now so you can't say that we don't need him. We didn't have him in game 4 and it was a repeat of the 08 finals when we were totally dominated in the paint. I agree that we don't need him against 90 percent of the league as proven in 08, but its the 10 percent that I'm concerned with. If we can beat all of the league except a couple of teams without Bynum, why even move him? We have time to see if he heals and becomes a good center. The Celtics would destroy a front line of Gasol and Bosh imo.

Lamar started his career with the lakers on the injured list for the first couple of years. He heeled and has not had a serious injury in 2 years. I look for the same thing with Bynum.

As far as beating the Celtics without Bynum, I'm not that confident but with Bynum, I'm very confident.

LakeShow
06-12-2010, 04:21 PM
One more thing before I go. I would consider a Bosh for Odom and filler trade.

Alright on my way to the Playboy Jazz Festival. Have a great Day!

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 04:25 PM
One more thing before I go. I would consider a Bosh for Odom and filler trade.

Alright on my way to the Playboy Jazz Festival. Have a great Day!

I think Odom & Artest are a package deal and it's understood by the two & Buss. Odom gave up some of his money to Artest in order to bring him to Los Angeles. Unless their is an event of some magnitude I don't see Odom going. And losing this Finals will not be that event.

LakeShow
06-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I think Odom & Artest are a package deal and it's understood by the two & Buss. Odom gave up some of his money to Artest in order to bring him to Los Angeles. Unless their is an event of some magnitude I don't see Odom going. And losing this Finals will not be that event.

In that case. Fuck Bosh! :lol

21_Blessings
06-12-2010, 04:53 PM
We got beat down by the C's in the regular season in 08. Bynum got punk'd by Boston in both games,

Bynum only played in one of those games. Try harder.

duncan228
06-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Bynum '100 Percent Sure' He'll Play, but How Effective Will He Be? (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/06/12/bynum-100-percent-sure-hell-play-but-how-effective-will-he-b/)
By Chris Tomasson

Andrew Bynum is "100 percent sure'' his knee injury won't keep him out of Sunday's Game 5 of the NBA Finals. Nobody has a percentage on how effective he might be.

The Lakers center, who has been playing in the postseason on a torn right meniscus, tweaked his knee in Game 3 last Tuesday against Boston and limped through Thursday's Game 4, managing just two points and three rebounds in 12 minutes. Now, Bynum is ready to give it the old college try even if he never did go to college.

"It will depend on how I feel when I get out there for the jump ball,'' Bynum said Saturday about how much he will be able to play in the pivotal Game 5 in which the teams enter tied 2-2. "(If feeling good), I should be able to play a heavy load of minutes. But (not) if I get out there and it buckles and it's crazy.''

Bynum, who said he has scheduled surgery on his knee for early July, had the knee drained after Thursday's 96-89 loss and had an MRI on Friday, with doctors determining he had suffered no additional structural damage. Bynum also had his knee drained at the start of the Finals, but said the swelling returned within a few days.

"I couldn't make a quad muscle,'' Bynum said of the swelling being so bad after Game 4. "It was either not play (Sunday) or just drain it (again).''

Bynum said it also helps that the Lakers have two days off between Games 4 and 5. They had only one day between Games 3 and 4.

"We're still optimistic that he's going to give it a shot and see how he does,'' Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Saturday. "We have a day to work with him. He's had a day of therapy, and he can start getting some movement and maybe start activating himself (Sunday).''

Bynum spoke to his doctor on Friday, and said he was told he should be OK for Game 5 "as long as the swelling doesn't come back like it has been.'' Bynum said he was doing fine Saturday but he hadn't been on the knee much since Game 4.

The 7-foot, 285-pound Bynum said he will have surgery on the knee in the first week of July, although the exact date has not been set. But he's expected to be fully ready by training camp.

"The rehab isn't that bad,'' Bynum said. "Between two and five weeks. (It will be) more in the five-week range because of my size.''

Still, there remain questions whether there's any chance Bynum could do further damage to his knee if he continues to play on it in the Finals. After all, Bynum is just 22, and is expected by many to later this decade be the NBA's second-best center after Orlando's Dwight Howard.

Bynum said he's also been told there's no additional risk on continuing to play. Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak feels confident about allowing Bynum to resume playing.

"There are no guarantees,'' said Kupchak, who suffered a torn left ACL as a player in the early 1980s and said his knee is so bad he eventually will need to have it replaced. "I think we know that anything can happen on a basketball court, but it is our understanding that this is something, providing it doesn't get worse, he can play with until it gets addressed during the offseason ... (Bynum's injury and his July surgery) should not impact training camp next year.''

But Lakers point guard Derek Fisher said he has expressed to Bynum the long-term aspects of his career are more important than anything short-term in these Finals.

"We don't have interest in Andrew doing anything that jeopardizes his future,'' Fisher said. "So there's not any pressure from us to do anything that would further damage his knee and limit his ability to have the great career he'll have for another 10 to 12 years. That would be my biggest message (to Bynum).''

Bynum is intent on making up for the 2008 Finals, when he was out with a knee injury and the Celtics took advantage of it in winning 4-2. Bynum had plenty of frustration watching Thursday as the Boston reserve big man Glen Davis scored 11 of his 18 points in the second half, helped by Bynum not being in the game.

"The layups that (Davis) got could have been altered,'' Bynum said of had he been out there, also saying the Lakers "so to speak, choked,'' in losing a five-point third-quarter lead Thursday.

The 6-foot-9, 289-pound Davis didn't agree Bynum would have made a noticeable difference against him, saying, "I still would have done what I'd done.'' But Boston center Kendrick Perkins doesn't deny his team has an advantage if Bynum continues to be noticeably limited.

"He brings shot blocking,'' Perkins said. "He makes them long, and they're not as long when he's in there. And with Lamar (Odom) at the four and (Pau) Gasol at the five, they kind of got like a small lineup a little bit. So it's to our advantage a little bit.''

It's hard to complain about the job done by the 7-foot Gasol, the starting power forward who slides to center when Bynum is out. He's averaging 20.5 points and 9.5 rebounds in the series.

Odom, a 6-10 power forward, has been another story. He's been mostly paranormal in the Finals, averaging 7.5 points and 5.3 rebounds.

"It's too late to even worry about that,'' the low-key Odom said of his slow start while not offering any particular declaration he will step it up.

Bynum, though, is hoping he will feel good enough to make a difference in Game 5. Despite still being very young, he doesn't mind all the focus on him and his knee.

"I embrace it,'' Bynum said. "I know what I need to do out on the court and I just want to go out there and be effective. If I do that, if I give us some good minutes out there, we'll just have a great shot of winning the game.''

But Bynum couldn't give a "100 percent'' guarantee that he will be effective Sunday.