PDA

View Full Version : I gotta admit...

TheMACHINE
06-11-2010, 12:46 AM
its cool that the series is tied up and its evenly match...but if I wernt a fan of any of these two teams, I'd think this finals is boring as fuck.

I rather be watching Glee.

agree?

thispego
06-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Nothings better than watching the lakers lose

Chieflion
06-11-2010, 12:49 AM
I thought the last few minutes were pretty much exciting.

TheMACHINE
06-11-2010, 12:49 AM

The Spurs winning isnt better?

TheMACHINE
06-11-2010, 12:50 AM
I thought the last few minutes were pretty much exciting.

eh? the part where the Lakers were trying to comeback from a 9 point deficit?

Chieflion
06-11-2010, 12:53 AM

Kobe and Fisher in the final minutes of a game within 10 points makes the game more exciting. You never know when they are going to catch fire and bring the game back themselves with their 3s.

Boston's defense just makes it a much more decent game the last few minutes when they tightened up.

Good series for sure.

sexinthatsx
06-11-2010, 12:54 AM

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the agony of the laker player's faces when they lost the game...

TheMACHINE
06-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Kobe and Fisher in the final minutes of a game within 10 points makes the game more exciting. You never know when they are going to catch fire and bring the game back themselves with their 3s.

Boston's defense just makes it a much more decent game the last few minutes when they tightened up.

Good series for sure.

yah the last 2 minutes..if kobe and fisher made thier tech ft's and didnt turn it over or do the paul pierce "and 1"....woulda been crazy since kobe hit that last 3.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Games 1,2, and 3 felt like I was just watching the clock on the game run down and didn't really offer too much suspense, but tonights game was the first I've actually enjoyed as a basketball fan. Hopefully the rest of the series is this way, because Game 1 was by far the most boring game I have ever watched, I've never changed the channel from basketball to home improvement until Game 1 of these finals

TheMACHINE
06-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Games 1,2, and 3 felt like I was just watching the clock on the game run down and didn't really offer too much suspense, but tonights game was the first I've actually enjoyed as a basketball fan. Hopefully the rest of the series is this way, because Game 1 was by far the most boring game I have ever watched, I've never changed the channel from basketball to home improvement until Game 1 of these finals

i only thought it was intense cuz the scoreboard was real close till the 4th. But the actual action (shots made, fast breaks etc) was horrible.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-11-2010, 01:04 AM
Agreed with the OP.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-11-2010, 01:20 AM
i only thought it was intense cuz the scoreboard was real close till the 4th. But the actual action (shots made, fast breaks etc) was horrible.

Seeing Nate Robinson and Big Baby in there willing the C's to a win was exciting for me. I love seeing guys that may not have been blessed with the typical athletic build, making up for it with supreme effort. Robinson shooting down the lane and throwing up shots against 7 footers is exciting for me.

Not to mention as a Spurs fan, I get more excited for solid D than I do flawless Offense. And the way Tony and Ray were up in Kobes shit tonight contesting everything was pretty good

mingus
06-11-2010, 04:16 AM
sort of reminds me of the '05 pistons-spurs finals where there were a lot fo low scores. same with the '03 finals.

yeah, it's pretty boring. hopefully game 5 goes down to the last second.

Ghazi
06-11-2010, 04:23 AM
I like the flow of these games so far. Pretty entertaining Finals IMO. Although there is no real animosity between these two teams.

mingus
06-11-2010, 04:33 AM
Although there is no real animosity between these two teams.

i've noticed that. no posey, house. Tony Allen just does his job defensively and doesn't try to start anything with Bryant.

the only guy that LA seems to have a beef with is Perkins, but obviously that only due to the fact that they're try to lure him into getting a double t.

Muser
06-11-2010, 04:34 AM
If it wasn't for the play being stopped every other possesion it'd be a lot mroe entertaining.

scanry
06-11-2010, 04:45 AM
i've noticed that. no posey, house. Tony Allen just does his job defensively and doesn't try to start anything with Bryant.

the only guy that LA seems to have a beef with is Perkins, but obviously that only due to the fact that they're try to lure him into getting a double t.

I really think the NBA needs to change the tech-suspension rule for the playoffs. Perkins is not playing physical BB like he did in 2008.

mystargtr34
06-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Being a Spursfan, i think its a little easier to appreciate the uglier side of basketball, like we are seeing in this series. Its more like a war of attrition, both teams fighting every possession like its the last one.

Despite the lack of pure 'quality' basketball, im really enjoying this series.

Sofaking
06-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Meh its the most entertaining series since spurs/mavs, but I've changed channels a few times

stretch
06-11-2010, 07:50 AM
I've actually found them to be pretty entertaining. Lots of physical play, some tough shots being hit, close games, lots of emotion from the players. May not be a ton of scoring, but I've definitely been more entertained by this finals than any in quite some time. Arguably the best of the decade so far, only rivaled by 2005.

Last years = lame
2008 = lakers getting their shit pushed in again, but in 6.
2007 = *yawn*
2006 = actually a pretty decent finals with 3 of the games going down to the final few seconds. result wasnt in my favor though. but in the eyes of a casual fan, an underdog team coming back from an 0-2 deficit is pretty entertaining and a good story. not to mention the other shady stories surrounding it...
2005 = it was good, but sometimes gets overrated, mainly by spurs fans. lots of really low scoring games/blowouts. there was really only 2 games that were truly entertaining (big shot bob GW / game 7). but at least it went 7 games and was pretty competitive.
2004 = lakers got massively upset, but the games weren't incredibly fun.
2003 = *yawn*
2002 = *yawn*
2001 = *yawn*
2000 = decent, but not all that special.

redzero
06-11-2010, 07:54 AM
These Finals are much more competitive than last year's, and great defense is being played.

I enjoyed the games.

ChrisRichards
06-11-2010, 08:07 AM
The series is really missing something. My expectations was of epic proportions. I was expecting a lot of physical play, hard fouls, trash talking just like 2008 only this time the Lakers would have more weapons to counter Boston's gameplan but so far it has been disappointing. But the league office made sure none of those happened, T'ing up players for showing emotions and calling every unimaginable fouls possible.

Capt Bringdown
06-11-2010, 08:18 AM
I've seen everything from these two teams that I want to see.

Still better than last year. Orlando's probably the worst team to make it to the finals I've ever seen.
The 07 Cavs are a close second.

Overall, a rather shitty playoffs with all the blowouts and sweeps. Not a whole lot of memorable basketball.

For whatever reason, I think the NBA is in the doldrums.

hater
06-11-2010, 09:42 AM
its cool that the series is tied up and its evenly match...but if I wernt a fan of any of these two teams, I'd think this finals is boring as fuck.

I rather be watching Glee.

agree?

well the Celtics are bringing all the intensity and excitement. The lakers are boring and lame as fuck.

hater
06-11-2010, 09:50 AM
The Spurs coined that phrase way back in the Duncan era.

and the fakers now are carrying the torch. congrats. don't worry the refs will bail you out and Lakers will torture the nation with 2 more boring wins.

Cry Havoc
06-11-2010, 10:05 AM
But the league office made sure none of those happened, T'ing up players for showing emotions and calling every unimaginable fouls possible.

This.

I'm so sick of assessing a technical to a player because he yells while he's on the court.

Why don't we start T'ing up guys for dunking? It's too flashy and has no place in this NBA where everything has to be SRS BZNESS.

tp2021
06-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I like the flow of these games so far. Pretty entertaining Finals IMO.

Being a Spursfan, i think its a little easier to appreciate the uglier side of basketball, like we are seeing in this series. Its more like a war of attrition, both teams fighting every possession like its the last one.

Despite the lack of pure 'quality' basketball, im really enjoying this series.

This.

Although I would argue that fighting for every possession in the Finals IS pure quality basketball.

JamStone
06-11-2010, 10:30 AM
That was close to Pistons-Pacers circa 2004 unwatchable last night...

Really pathetic game all around by both teams.

lil'mo
06-11-2010, 10:46 AM
The Spurs winning isnt better?

when the lakers lose, the Spurs win.

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I would argue that fighting for every possession in the Finals IS pure quality basketball.

And absolutely startlingly to witness it. It's not even attempted until June.

It ratchets up the drama and intensity.

Ghazi
06-11-2010, 11:10 AM
worst officiated Finals since 2006, IMHFO. But at least in this case it doesn't seem to favor a particular team.

Entertaining to see two teams with championship pedigree... doesnt happen often in FInals. Good defenses, close games, etc.

IMHFO

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 11:12 AM
worst officiated Finals since 2006

You did that to yourself, loser.

MavDynasty
06-11-2010, 11:28 AM
lol dwade 96 free throws
lol whole mavs team 98 free throws

Agloco
06-11-2010, 11:30 AM

:tu

dbestpro
06-11-2010, 11:34 AM
I think this has to do with the quality of the game today. This will probably piss a few people off but I do not believe we have seen two teams play great team basketball in the finals since the Bird - Johnson era. We have just gotten so use to the stuff they show today that we have forgotten the difference.

ChrisRichards
06-11-2010, 11:35 AM
You did that to yourself, loser.
:lol

:toast

Ginobili2Duncan
06-11-2010, 11:42 AM
sort of reminds me of the '05 pistons-spurs finals where there were a lot fo low scores. same with the '03 finals.

yeah, it's pretty boring. hopefully game 5 goes down to the last second.

The teams that are in the finals were more than likely 2 of the top 5 defensive teams in the regular season. So there are never going to be any high scoring games in the finals, in this era. Which is why I never understood why casual nba fans said the Spurs were boring. The Celtics and Lakers are playing the same brand of basketball the Spurs played when they were in the finals.

LnGrrrR
06-11-2010, 12:36 PM
I think the Spurs were considered boring not just because of the way they play, but because they went about their business with class. No trash talking, no polarizing figures, just effective players playing effectively. Not much drama.

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I think the Spurs were considered boring not just because of the way they play, but because they went about their business with class. No trash talking, no polarizing figures, just effective players playing effectively. Not much drama.

Reading the talking points/marching orders off the Joseph Gerbils School of Propergander is beneath you, Ln. Or, is it?

The Spurs have had their fair share of assholes and malcontents just like everyone else.

Man In Black
06-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Dick being Gay and stiffing his ol lady at the alter was good tabloid news. Hill competing with Vennessa Hudgins for best internet nude pics was just grand. But I'm sure you thought that was all classy.:rolleyes
You and I and everyone knows that none of that shit is as scintillating as a rape case with infidelity, an 8 carat make-up diamond, and throwing your franchise center under the bus.

And yes...sports announcers are saying that a 4-3 series victory is exciting, but they won't say that for the Spurs because they play in a small media market. Fuck that...winning is the best revenge.

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 01:15 PM
and throwing your franchise center under the bus.

Rodman threw your franchise center under the bus, as well, Black.

You ain't immune, sonny.

21_Blessings
06-11-2010, 01:17 PM
More like Shaq ate and then rolled himself under the Dr's Bus.

Man In Black
06-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Rodman threw your franchise center under the bus, as well, Black.

You ain't immune, sonny.
If you mean, that by leaving San Antonio to see David Robinson win 2 titles, retire a champion, and open up a private school with his own money cementing his greatness with a NBA Award named after David Robinson....THEN I AGREE. And yes...I am immune to you gimps.

Slow down there gimp. Try not getting swept first.
This coming from the guy whose team has the aforementioned rapist, and whose team is one of the few who have actually lost a 3-1 lead in a playoff series and HAS THE WORST LOSS IN NBA FINALS HISTORY. Yeah whatever.

LnGrrrR
06-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Reading the talking points/marching orders off the Joseph Gerbils School of Propergander is beneath you, Ln. Or, is it?

The Spurs have had their fair share of assholes and malcontents just like everyone else.

Are you talking about the talking point that the Spurs were boring, or that they were classy? :lol

Regardless, I am only giving my reasoning for the way those series were viewed by the population at large.

I think, overall, that the Spurs organization is considered one of the "classiest" in the NBA. I don't think the Lakers or Celtics hold that distinction.

Bob Lanier
06-11-2010, 04:30 PM
That was close to Pistons-Pacers circa 2004 unwatchable last night...
That was one of the top 5 most entertaining series of the last decade.

This is far too ref-dominated, but not "boring."

4>0rings
06-11-2010, 04:31 PM
The Spurs winning isnt better?By a small margin.

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 08:12 PM
If you mean, that by leaving San Antonio to see David Robinson win 2 titles, retire a champion, and open up a private school with his own money cementing his greatness with a NBA Award named after David Robinson....THEN I AGREE. And yes...I am immune to you gimps.

Uh, uh, nope, yer not:::I'm talking about in the middle of the playoffs Rodman quit on ya's because Pantywaist Robinson was chasin' him around with The Bible.

Booharv
06-11-2010, 08:17 PM
I like the flow of these games so far. Pretty entertaining Finals IMO. Although there is no real animosity between these two teams.

This, and game two was awesome. Especially, when Allen went NBA Jam "on fire" mode in the first half.

Man In Black
06-12-2010, 02:12 AM
Uh, uh, nope, yer not:::I'm talking about in the middle of the playoffs Rodman quit on ya's because Pantywaist Robinson was chasin' him around with The Bible.
You and I disagree on what throwing a franchise center under the bus is.
You think that a guy who quits playing basketball because he is a malcontent is bad. But, we all know that a guy who is being questioned by the police for a rape case(Kobe) and then saying that his teammate and then best player on the team(Shaq) does this all the time(bouts of infidelity) and then works to get him traded is FAR, FAR Worse than anything Rodman ever did. But in your world...you don't comprehend that.
In your world...I'm under the impression that if Kobe went on a 3 state killing spree, you'd marvel at how efficient he was in killing those people with whatever weapon of choice he was using. I can see you posting now,"Oh the domination, he slashed, he shot, he wasted them all!"

ezau
06-12-2010, 03:31 AM
You think that a guy who quits playing basketball because he is a malcontent is bad. But, we all know that a guy who is being questioned by the police for a rape case(Kobe) and then saying that his teammate and then best player on the team(Shaq) does this all the time(bouts of infidelity) and then works to get him traded is FAR, FAR Worse than anything Rodman ever did. But in your world...you don't comprehend that.
In your world...I'm under the impression that if Kobe went on a 3 state killing spree, you'd marvel at how efficient he was in killing those people with whatever weapon of choice he was using. I can see you posting now,"Oh the domination, he slashed, he shot, he wasted them all!"

Great job MIB:toast

FkLA
06-12-2010, 04:01 AM
what kind of fucking fan thinks its boring to be watching their team in the nba finals against their arch nemesis (and daddy)?

oh thats right, a bandwagoner like theMAchine

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 06:28 AM
You think that a guy who quits playing basketball because he is a malcontent is bad.

Uh, uh.

Friar Robinson was proselytizing by force unto Rodman. Then Rodman thru him under the church bus, and any chance at breaking your championship cherry.

In for penny.

In for pound.

TheMACHINE
06-12-2010, 09:39 AM
what kind of fucking fan thinks its boring to be watching their team in the nba finals against their arch nemesis (and daddy)?

oh thats right, a bandwagoner like theMAchine

boo fucking hoo.