PDA

View Full Version : If Bostons wins the title, who wins the finals MVP?

thedong
06-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Rondo has been inconsistent, same goes for Pierce, Allen, and K.G. Heck even Big Baby has to be in consideration.

I think it's safe to say that if the Lakers win the title, it's Kobe, with a very little outside shot of Gasol winning the Finals MVP, although I doubt it.

If I had to make a choice right now, I would say it's PP, since he will get majority of Boston's touches, although I am pulling for Big Baby, the guy is like a big chunky version of Goran Dragic, or should I say Goran is like a skinny white version of Big Baby.

hitmanyr2k
06-11-2010, 01:45 AM
At this point it'll be Rondo easily. He's been the most consistent and made the most impact plays of all the Celtic players which isn't saying much lol.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2010, 01:47 AM
It's actually impossible to say at this point IMO..

They still have to win 2 games in the series, and the performances in those 2 games determine in(if they win, of course)..it's still up for grabs, nobody on their team has consistently stood out IMO..

thedong
06-11-2010, 01:50 AM
At this point it'll be Rondo easily. He's been the most consistent and made the most impact plays of all the Celtic players which isn't saying much lol.

Playoffs MVP? Sure, but Fisher outplayed him in game 3.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2010, 03:18 AM
lol if glen davis wins it...dude is playing very good for a scrub

namlook
06-11-2010, 04:45 AM
If The Celtics somehow manage to win this might be one of those years the MVP goes to a player on the losing team.

Yes, it's happened before.

Muser
06-11-2010, 04:52 AM
If The Celtics somehow manage to win this might be one of those years the MVP goes to a player on the losing team.

Odom?

jermaine
06-11-2010, 05:27 AM

Him & Lil Nate! The energy they come with is off the chain!

me15lo
06-11-2010, 06:57 AM

but that would be epic :lol

Findog
06-11-2010, 07:29 AM
wtf paul pierce is sucking ass

Did you expect the OP to make sense? All she's doing is wasting bandwidth and everybody's time.

florige
06-11-2010, 08:04 AM
It's actually impossible to say at this point IMO..

They still have to win 2 games in the series, and the performances in those 2 games determine in(if they win, of course)..it's still up for grabs, nobody on their team has consistently stood out IMO..

This is what I think. Too early to tell and there is alot of games left to be played. If it were over now I have no idea who win the MVP. Pierce has sucked, Allen would had won if it were only a two game series. Nobody has stood out on Boston.

ChrisRichards
06-11-2010, 08:11 AM
In other sports league, a total nobody can come in be the spotlight so it would be a good story if Big Baby wins it. When was the last time a bench player has received such glory?

TampaDude
06-11-2010, 08:13 AM
If Big Baby has another huge game this series, and I expect he will, he has to be in the running for Finals MVP.

thedong
06-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Did you expect the OP to make sense? All she's doing is wasting bandwidth and everybody's time.

What the fuck is wrong with you, and your bitch ass moody vagina?
I said ''if'', and therefor making a prediction that if Boston wins 2 more games, Pierce will get the nod cause he will get more touches.

Seriously, you must be one bitter buttercup. It must be tough being a closeted faggit, who also hates other homosexuals, and top of it, you're one racist little fuckhead. You're the very definition of a internet creeper. FinDawg, the KKK don't make pink hoods, get your mind of the gutter homeboy! :toast

hater
06-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Boston ain't gonna win. get real. Stern won't allow it.

tlongII
06-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Sheed!!!

Man About Town
06-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Nobody deserves the MVP for such a boring-ass series.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-11-2010, 10:06 AM

Has a player shooting 39% on the losing team ever won finals MVP?

JamStone
06-11-2010, 10:07 AM
It's an interesting question because no one Boston Celtics player has been really good, at least consistently. I would probably agree with Rondo at this point. But I also agree that if Boston does win, the next 2-3 games will factor heavy into the decision. Paul Pierce has sucked, but he is still the team's leading scorer in the Finals. I wonder if there has ever been a Finals MVP who's had as unimpressive numbers as Rondo currently has. He's at 13 ppg, 7 apg, 6.5 rpg, on 42% shooting. I mean ok assist numbers and good rebounding numbers for a point guard, but for a Finals MVP? Thing is as already said, he's probably the best bet right now if Boston wins.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2010, 10:09 AM
has a player shooting 39% on the losing team ever won finals mvp?

ignore! ..

JamStone
06-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Has a player shooting 39% on the losing team ever won finals MVP?

No, and if the Finals ended last night with the Celtics winning and Kobe won the Finals MVP, there still wouldn't have been one.

Supergirl
06-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Rondo.

ducks
06-11-2010, 02:10 PM
nate and big baby

hitmanyr2k
06-11-2010, 02:28 PM
I honest to God think David Stern would break down and cry on national television if he was forced to give Big Baby a Finals MVP trophy :lol

namlook
06-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Boston ain't gonna win. get real. Stern won't allow it.

But he allowed Boston to win in 2008? Damn, Stern is not very good at this! :lmao

TD 21
06-12-2010, 08:14 PM
But he allowed Boston to win in 2008? Damn, Stern is not very good at this! :lmao

Not to put words in hater's mouth, but I assume he/she means if it's close. The officials can only impact the game so much, if one team is clearly superior to the other they're not going to make the difference.

Why are most Lakers fans in denial on this? It's clear that they've consistently received help over the years. I'm not going to rehash the numerous examples, we all know them and they've been beaten to death, but there's no need to not admit to it. I can admit that Bowen blatantly fouled James (and got away with it) at the end of game three of the '07 Finals. It's not like if you admit to it they're going to be stripped of their four championships in the past ten years.

namlook
06-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Not to put words in hater's mouth, but I assume he/she means if it's close. The officials can only impact the game so much, if one team is clearly superior to the other they're not going to make the difference.

This surely explains that going into the finals the Lakers were -99 in free throws in the playoffs, BY FAR the biggest negative differential of any team, and at the same time the Lakers are #1 in points in the paint in the playoffs. It all makes sense now, play in the paint and get the fewest free throws. Yup, it's so obvious the Lakers are getting help. :lmao