PDA

View Full Version : NAACP calls Hallmark card racist

DarrinS
06-11-2010, 08:46 AM
It's come to this

HXJh8bBYXj4

Bender
06-11-2010, 08:52 AM
I don't get it, what's the problem with it?

(I'm at work - no sound)

Spurminator
06-11-2010, 08:57 AM
:lmao

George Gervin's Afro
06-11-2010, 08:57 AM
I don't get it...)

you're not alone many of us never get darrins posts thread either..

MiamiHeat
06-11-2010, 09:45 AM
uh, I watched it and understood it without needing the explanation

Black HOLES

idiots.

hater
06-11-2010, 09:47 AM
LMAO black ppl

Wild Cobra
06-11-2010, 10:20 AM
uh, I watched it and understood it without needing the explanation

Black HOLES

idiots.
Shows how dumb some people are not realizing Black Holes are part of celestial sciences.

Bender
06-11-2010, 10:27 AM
yeah, I watched it without sound, and was wondering what the problem with the card was. I did see the astronomical reference "black holes" but I thought that was so far-fetched it couldn't possibly be anything.

so what is the naacp saying about it in the vid, I still have no sound at work!!??

DarrinS
06-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Ha, I forgot about this.

oc1zGRUPztc

h-akk3gog34

ploto
06-11-2010, 10:44 AM
yeah, I watched it without sound, and was wondering what the problem with the card was. I did see the astronomical reference "black holes" but I thought that was so far-fetched it couldn't possibly be anything.

so what is the naacp saying about it in the vid, I still have no sound at work!!??

Apparently, the card is about being able to overtake anything-- with a solar system theme-- and it says they are not even afraid of black holes. If I could understand her correctly, the one woman claimed it said black whores!!

dimsah
06-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Bunch of attention holes.

xrayzebra
06-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Hallmark has deep pockets. Lawsuit will be filed or settlement will be accepted shortly.
Caution, race whores at work........

xrayzebra
06-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Hallmark has deep pockets. Lawsuit will be filed or settlement will be accepted shortly.
Caution, race whores at work........

Drachen
06-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Is black holes on the newly revised list of "words we cant use" 27th edition? Why didn't anyone tell me? I was telling someone about a show on the history channel that talked a lot about Stephen Hawking, and I was being blatently racist the entire time.

This whole thing is ridiculous words are being swallowed up, never to be seen again faster and more completely than any matter that gets past the event horizon of a. . . um . . . its a thingy in space, with lots of gravity, so much gravity that even light can't escape it. You know what I am talking about. If you look at it against a backdrop of stars it looks like a giant . . . um empty space of some sort. I don't know what its called, but you understand right?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Completely idiotic... Black wholes = black whores simply because they're thinking it?? give me a fucking break

Drachen
06-11-2010, 01:47 PM
I watched that "interview" video, and I was found it alternately funny, and to have a dumbing effect on me. I started watching it, and laughed regularly, and noticed my laugh sounded a lot more like Butthead's by the time it was done.

TeyshaBlue
06-11-2010, 02:17 PM
It's come to this

HXJh8bBYXj4

The "Black Whores" are wearing NAACP pins on this particular occasion.

Oh, Gee!!
06-11-2010, 02:28 PM
if you ask me, this racist comment has no place in a solar-system themed graduation card. there must be at least a dozen other special-ocassion greeting cards where that comment would not only be appropriate but applauded--mother's day comes to mind.

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Watch your back.

Winehole23
06-11-2010, 02:31 PM
We do not want to see this ever, ever again.

jack sommerset
06-11-2010, 05:42 PM
LOL...The card has been out 3 years!

Crookshanks
06-11-2010, 06:21 PM
This is so ridiculous - and yet very sad. These NAACP people need to find something worthwhile to do. The card is talking about our solar system and black holes - how in God's name did they hear "black whores"? That doesn't even make any sense in the context of the card! Just shows how stupid these black people are.

UV Ray
06-11-2010, 06:40 PM
It's come to this

HXJh8bBYXj4

With this position, the NAACP loses ALL that remains of their extremely limited credibility. Sad, ignorant and pathetic.

z0sa
06-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Bunch of attention holes.

:lmao

JMarkJohns
06-11-2010, 06:48 PM
What does it say about me that when the card character said "blackhole" I heard blackhole, and, with the knowledge from the thread title, concurred that the usage was racist. Then I heard they misheard, but that my correct hearing was misguided... HA!

Yonivore
06-11-2010, 06:52 PM
It reminds...

Williams Aide Resigns in Language Dispute (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/daily/jan99/district27.htm)

Wild Cobra
06-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Is black holes on the newly revised list of "words we cant use" 27th edition? Why didn't anyone tell me? I was telling someone about a show on the history channel that talked a lot about Stephen Hawking, and I was being blatently racist the entire time.

This whole thing is ridiculous words are being swallowed up, never to be seen again faster and more completely than any matter that gets past the event horizon of a. . . um . . . its a thingy in space, with lots of gravity, so much gravity that even light can't escape it. You know what I am talking about. If you look at it against a backdrop of stars it looks like a giant . . . um empty space of some sort. I don't know what its called, but you understand right?
No shit.

What's next? Black Body radiation?

Wild Cobra
06-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Completely idiotic... Black wholes = black whores simply because they're thinking it?? give me a fucking break
No kidding.

When someone misunderstands something, I think most the times it's because of how they think.

v2freak
06-11-2010, 10:30 PM
I somewhat understand what the guy is saying in the second video DarrinS posted. It is arbitary that the black pieces on a chess board go after the white pieces. But I don't think it has anything to do with race. I think it goes back to traditional interpretations of light being from a positive afterlife (whether you believe in Heaven/Valhalla/Olympus etc) and the absent of light, or darkness/black representing the opposite.

Should we expect asian people to become offended that they are yellow, which also comes to represent cowardice? Hopefully not.

Wild Cobra
06-11-2010, 10:42 PM
I somewhat understand what the guy is saying in the second video DarrinS posted. It is arbitary that the black pieces on a chess board go after the white pieces. But I don't think it has anything to do with race. I think it goes back to traditional interpretations of light being from a positive afterlife (whether you believe in Heaven/Valhalla/Olympus etc) and the absent of light, or darkness/black representing the opposite.

Should we expect asian people to become offended that they are yellow, which also comes to represent cowardice? Hopefully not.
The bottom line is we cannot help it if some black people feel inferior, always blaming someone else.

v2freak
06-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Maybe, but it's clear not all black people are like this. A lot of them work really hard and can take/give out jokes with the best of 'em. I wonder how they feel about the NAACP and folks like Jesse Jackson though.

Wild Cobra
06-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Maybe, but it's clear not all black people are like this. A lot of them work really hard and can take/give out jokes with the best of 'em. I wonder how they feel about the NAACP and folks like Jesse Jackson though.
True. I did say "some black people."

z0sa
06-12-2010, 02:18 AM
Every race has radicals. Although a sketchy pro-African American organization like the NAACP is considered "politically correct" for whatever reason, it doesn't mean some of their radical perspective constitutes a race-wide perception. Most humans don't need anyone telling them how to perceive the world, or a certain comment/position etc. Like any intelligent human being, they can correlate their own values and beliefs with what they're sensing.

The Reckoning
06-12-2010, 02:37 AM
sounds like theyre embarrassed about being black

Fpoonsie
06-12-2010, 03:12 AM

Of course they're embarrassed. It took 3 extra years for one of theirs to even warrant RECEIVING one of these cards so that they could BE outraged.

TheManFromAcme
06-12-2010, 08:12 AM

Word.

Be careful picking up your garden tool known as a "hoe". Shartpon and Jackson may come knocking on your door because your neighbor over heard you say ," I need my "hoe" in the garden". :lol

jack sommerset
06-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Of course they're embarrassed. It took 3 extra years for one of theirs to even warrant RECEIVING one of these cards so that they could BE outraged.

:lol

Wild Cobra
06-12-2010, 10:19 AM
I guess they don't realize they're putting themselves in "white water."

spursncowboys
06-12-2010, 10:34 AM
If that's the case, then the guys name, Leon Jenkins, is racist because it is too stereotypical.

Mr. Peabody
06-12-2010, 10:50 AM
if you ask me, this racist comment has no place in a solar-system themed graduation card. there must be at least a dozen other special-ocassion greeting cards where that comment would not only be appropriate but applauded--mother's day comes to mind.

Valentine's Day maybe? Father's Day?

Bukefal
06-12-2010, 10:57 AM
lool wow this is crazy and unbelievable smh . What's next, wanting to completely forbid everything with the word black in it? :lmao

Mr. Peabody
06-12-2010, 11:18 AM
I just love how when these race-related topics come up on the board we get all of the usual suspects with their feigned outrage.

If anyone should be outraged, it's me. I actually bought the card and gave it to a black whore. She probably thought I was telling her that she could conquer the universe, but really I was just telling her to watch her back.

TheManFromAcme
06-12-2010, 02:00 PM
I just love how when these race-related topics come up on the board we get all of the usual suspects with their feigned outrage.

If anyone should be outraged, it's me. I actually bought the card and gave it to a black whore. She probably thought I was telling her that she could conquer the universe, but really I was just telling her to watch her back.

:lol

EVAY
06-12-2010, 02:52 PM
It reminds...

Williams Aide Resigns in Language Dispute (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/daily/jan99/district27.htm)

Yoni, I had the exact same reaction when I read this thread.

I wouldn't have been able to find the link, but all I could think of was the guy that ended up having to resign for proper usage of the word 'niggardly'.

This kind of idiocy does in fact demean the very people they are trying to help.

Yonivore
06-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Yoni, I had the exact same reaction when I read this thread.

I wouldn't have been able to find the link, but all I could think of was the guy that ended up having to resign for proper usage of the word 'niggardly'.

This kind of idiocy does in fact demean the very people they are trying to help.
I googled "niggardly" & "Washington" (because I remembered where it occurred and, because I imagined the words Washington and niggardly have rarely -- if ever -- appeared in the same context before.)

cornbread
06-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Glad to see people's donations to the NAACP being put to work in such useful manner.

The Reckoning
06-12-2010, 03:11 PM
LOL stop being so niggardly

Stringer_Bell
06-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Hallmark better not pay up, there's no need to cower against these racists trying to make everything about them and their kind.

Yonivore
06-12-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm further reminded...

qzUJJKDa558

word
06-13-2010, 03:34 AM
That is hilarious. Idiots. NAACP should be embarrassed.

Blake
06-13-2010, 01:55 PM
I guess they don't realize they're putting themselves in "white water."

i think wild cobra is really a euphemism for white cobra

RoddyBukkake
06-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Ha, I forgot about this.

oc1zGRUPztc

h-akk3gog34

south dallas's finest:lol

Wild Cobra
06-13-2010, 11:10 PM
i think wild cobra is really a euphemism for white cobra

Not all bad situations that use color are black. Not a popular term for 20+ years, and I may have not used it well. It is based on "white water rapids." Should us whites be upset for a term related to a bad situation containing "white?"

MiamiHeat
06-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Black represents darkness, the night, the absence of the illumination

so I guess blacks should wage a war on theology, philosophy, metaphors, etc

v2freak
06-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Not all bad situations that use color are black. Not a popular term for 20+ years, and I may have not used it well. It is based on "white water rapids." Should us whites be upset for a term related to a bad situation containing "white?"

Don't forget "white wash". It has pretty bad connotations.

Jacob1983
06-14-2010, 12:18 AM
So black holes is racist? I guess we should call them white holes then right. What about pitch black? Black ice? Blackout? Black Friday? Black jack? Black box?

Who does the NAACP stop worrying about trivial shit and actually try to help minorities and promote equal rights for all races? Isn't that what they're suppose to do?

Winehole23
06-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Black represents darkness, the night, the absence of the illumination

so I guess blacks should wage a war on theology, philosophy, metaphors, etcIn your mind, is this war already taking place?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-14-2010, 06:13 AM
So black holes is racist? I guess we should call them white holes then right. What about pitch black? Black ice? Blackout? Black Friday? Black jack? Black box?

Who does the NAACP stop worrying about trivial shit and actually try to help minorities and promote equal rights for all races? Isn't that what they're suppose to do?

:tu + 1,000,000

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 07:51 AM
In your mind, is this war already taking place?

i have no idea what wars black people are starting

why don't you inform me?

word
06-14-2010, 08:26 AM

No. Their purpose is to exist.

admiralsnackbar
06-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Classic example of conflating a part with the whole.

Wild Cobra
06-14-2010, 10:21 AM

And let's not forget that Black Jack is a good thing!

Jacob1983
06-14-2010, 11:04 PM
White jack.

Wild Cobra
06-14-2010, 11:39 PM
White jack.
Let's not forget Jack Black!

Jacob1983
06-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Michael Ian Black

Meet Joe Black

Blake