PDA

View Full Version : Mark My Words! UT IS NOT GOING TO THE PAC 10!

Ignignokt
06-11-2010, 10:28 AM
UT only wants to get into big 10 and will more than likely stick around and add two new teams to the Big 12.

TCU and A To be named Later will follow.

lebomb
06-11-2010, 10:31 AM
UT only wants to get into big 10 and will more than likely stick around and add two new teams to the Big 12.

This would soften the blow of realignment it it were to end up this way. I hate the fact that the ENTIRE football landscape could change..........just Colorado and Nebraska I could live with.

Kermit
06-11-2010, 10:34 AM
ut only wants to get into big 10 and will more than likely stick around and add two new teams to the big 12.

Tcu and a to be named later will follow.

utsa?

vander
06-11-2010, 10:38 AM
yeah, if TCU and maybe BYU (but more likely Colorado State) joined the Big 12, and then Utah the Pac 12, I could live with that.

BSU would be getting the automatic non-BCS bid about every year :greedy:king:greedy

lebomb
06-11-2010, 10:41 AM
utsa?

What is up T-shirt fan? You pull it out of the dresser drawer yet? :lmao

Kermit
06-11-2010, 10:43 AM
What is up Tshirter. :lmao

We've had this discussion before. It ended with you bent over this forum sporting a gaping asshole. You sure you want to go there again?

Ignignokt
06-11-2010, 10:50 AM
lebomb got choad bloated!!

lebomb
06-11-2010, 10:52 AM
We've had this discussion before. It ended with you bent over this forum sporting a gaping asshole. You sure you want to go there again?

:lmao What a faggot you are.

Kermit
06-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Why don't you and Dell go circle jerk in the nearest parking lot of your beloved commuter college and leave this board to fans who actually have a football team to cheer for.

lebomb
06-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Why don't you and Dell go circle jerk in the nearest parking lot of your beloved commuter college and leave this board to fans who actually have a football team to cheer for.

I will be at the Alamodome watching football starting in 2011. Where will you be? At home watching UT on television. :toast

Back on subject...............I hope UT stays in the Big 12.

Kermit
06-11-2010, 11:02 AM
I will be at the Alamodome watching football starting in 2011. Where will you be? At home watching UT on television. :toast

If you ever want to come down and tailgate, I will buy you a beer. Then shove the can up your dumbass.

Wow. That's amazing. So, if I show up and they pay me $5 for having to watch that abortion, you will shove a can of beer, that won't even be for sale, up my ass. I don't know...

Maybe I'll just go to a game at Texas. They're a little more hospitable and seeing as how there will actually be women at that game, one of them might let me shove my beer can up her ass. You and Cid have fun at your two person jerk.

lebomb
06-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Wow. That's amazing. So, if I show up and they pay me $5 for having to watch that abortion, you will shove a can of beer, that won't even be for sale, up my ass. I don't know...

Maybe I'll just go to a game at Texas. They're a little more hospitable and seeing as how there will actually be women at that game, one of them might let me shove my beer can up her ass. You and Cid have fun at your two person jerk.

Hey you saw I edited my thread. Im not going there. Im gonna stay on subject.

I really hope the Big12 doesnt desolve. That would suck for there not to be any kind of "texas" represented conference. All the other conferences are snatching up our teams. :depressed

elbamba
06-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Bring in Colorado St. for the Denver market and BYU/UT for the SLC market and you will not miss Colorado or Nebraska one bit. If you bring in Utah you have a legit football team with a strong basketball history.

At this stage, brining in TCU will not help the Big 12 money wise. This is all about television markets and to stay competitive the BIG 12 will need some new markets. I also heard that there might be attempts to bring in Memphis. That would be a great market though the football is weak.

I would like to see Utah, BYU, Colorado State and Memphis brought in and have two 7 team divisions. This would cover all the necessary TV markets to make the conference lucrative and keep the PAC 10 out.

lebomb
06-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Actually wouldnt TCU bring in the Dallas/Ft Worth market?

mookie2001
06-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Tshirt

ChumpDumper
06-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Actually wouldnt TCU bring in the Dallas/Ft Worth market?They already have it.

Kermit
06-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Regents meet on Tuesday. It'll be over soon.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-11-2010, 02:34 PM
WELL IT LOOKS LIKE you're WRONG ALREADY... NEBRASKA JUST GOT OUT OF THEIR MEETING AND THEY ARE GOING TO THE BIG 10, IN THAT MEETING THEY SAID TEXAS WILL LEAVE THE BIG 12

lebomb
06-11-2010, 02:39 PM
WELL IT LOOKS LIKE you're WRONG ALREADY... NEBRASKA JUST GOT OUT OF THEIR MEETING AND THEY ARE GOING TO THE BIG 10, IN THAT MEETING THEY SAID TEXAS WILL LEAVE THE BIG 12

I read that UT, TT, Okie, and OU are headed to the PAC 10, and A&M is still on the fence. I guess we will see.

"In fact, sources have indicated to Orangebloods.com that four Big 12 South teams are locked and loaded to join the Pac-10 and an announcement date has been set. One Big 12 South school is still on the fence."

Chip Brown from Orangebloods. *shrugs*

Marklar MM
06-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I read that UT, TT, Okie, and OU are headed to the PAC 10, and A&M is still on the fence. I guess we will see.

Chip Brown has been saying that all along. He isn't going to change.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-11-2010, 02:45 PM
joe shad or however you spell his name just reported that a&m wants to go to the sec and the sec wants them, and texas is likely pac 10 bound , but rick perry wont let them split up, but anyways he just reported that after tuesdays meeting texas and a&m are announcing which conference their going to, they will still schedule each other every year no matter what.

@ESPNews (http://twitter.com/ESPNews): A Big 12 source told ESPN's Joe Schad that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Ok State are all poised to join Pac-10 as early as Tues

lebomb
06-11-2010, 02:54 PM
I think A&M is going their separate way. To me its the only way to get out of UTs shadow and they know that. Besides...........travel expenses will be much less going to the SEC in my opinion.

StylisticS
06-11-2010, 03:09 PM
ANNNND Texas is going to the Pac 10 along with OSU, OU, and TT. Announcement on Tuesday. No word on A&M, yet. This is of course from Chip Brown on Orangebloods.

NFO
06-11-2010, 03:55 PM
FWIW

Link (http://northwestern.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=901&fid=57&style=2&tid=143839427&Page=1)

Just spoke with my friend at the Big Ten.

The offer to Missouri is contingent upon Texas AND/OR ND joining. Will post more details as I hear.

--- 6/10 Morning Update:

I do have somewhat of an update as of this morning. I say somewhat because it depends not on the Big Ten itself, but on a number of non-Big Ten schools. This whole process (the expansion strategies, not the message board banter) is absolutely fascinating.

So let me first say that the Big Ten is aware of the original message board thread and believes that it has played a role in bringing about the discussions to where they are now, for better or worse. My friend has kept me in the loop continuously, and as of this point there are some things, if disclosed, that can hurt the negotiation process for the Big Ten. There are others that can help. And I'm a low-risk outlet for information because I have no credibility (other than the 30,000 page views primarily from large southern and eastern states - to you I say thank you for giving Northwestern a moment to occupy the center of the college football world. I believe this will become more commonplace in the future as Pat Fitzgerald continues to build a program of excellence in Evanston.) (One other thing: Northwestern owns justIowa. Remember that.)

The "somewhat" update is two parts, as follows: First, some very interesting things are happening in the Big East right now. If I said anything more about that, it would jeopardize the position of the Big Ten, so suffice it to say that this depends on the status of that school in South Bend.

Second, after the hasty entry of Nebraska, the Big Ten presidents are less unified on letting schools of questionable academic merits into the conference. In fact, blocs of voting Big Ten members have emerged in support of and in opposition to certain schools becoming admitted into the conference. This relates to the first part in that disclosures of the schools in discussion would jeopardize the position of the Big Ten.

Sorry for the "somewhat" update, but things will become clear soon enough. For now, keep your eyes on South Bend and Austin.

- PBC

--- 6/10 Evening Update:
Wow. Update.

Big Ten targeting only Texas and ND as of this afternoon, pending the outcome of A&M's status with the SEC.

---6/11 Morning Update from the office:

Had an update this morning. Same story as yesterday, Missouri must convince Texas & A&M to come to the conference for Mizzou to get an invite, while the Big East schools must pressure Notre Dame to either join fully (which it won't do) or leave the conference. Big Ten may move forward with Texas and ND only, but Texas must ensure that it has done whatever it can to ensure its former Big Twelve partners find a good home. Texas administration is internally divided, and Orangebloods is connected to only one side of the conversation - the side that has not been involved with the strategy all along.

This post was edited on 6/11 11:23 AM by PURPLE Book Cat

---6/11 Afternoon update: Texas and A&M are in contact with and

negotiating with the Big Ten and presumably other conferences. My friend is in the middle of it, and told me that Texas is playing the "we don't want to join a conference that just broke our conference up" card. Also,

It is clear that there is internal division within Texas. Some are pretty emotional. There is anger that the Big Ten broke up their conference. Clearly others within Texas involved in the Texas push to the Big Ten.

Delaney broke the seal with Nebraska. Big Ten confident that less emothional heads will prevail, and Texas will realize the Big Ten offers the best package for Texas and college football as a whole.

Definite change of expectation that everything will shake out today. General surprise and excitement that Nebraska has gone to Big Ten.

This is awesome to watch!

ChumpDumper
06-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Kind of dumb for the Big Ten to expect Missouri to have that kind of pull with the Texas schools. Why wouldn't they just want the St. Louis market on it's own the way the Pac10 picked up Denver? A couple million tv sets isn't that bad.

tlongII
06-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Fuck the Big-10! Come to the Pac-10 Texas!

Ignignokt
06-11-2010, 04:20 PM
chip brown had it wrong that Colorado wasn't going to the pAc 10 because of Baylor. Looks like he's just another orangebloods asshole.

Kermit
06-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I guarandamntee you that if Aggie decides to go it alone, they will get the Arkansas treatment from Texas. Good luck trying to schedule any of the former Big 12 Texas teams. It's just Stallings trying to prove he has a swinging dick that's bigger than Goodhairs.

tlongII
06-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm hearing that Oklahoma is commited to come to the Pac-10. I think Texas will come too.

DesignatedT
06-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I guarandamntee you that if Aggie decides to go it alone, they will get the Arkansas treatment from Texas. Good luck trying to schedule any of the former Big 12 Texas teams. It's just Stallings trying to prove he has a swinging dick that's bigger than Goodhairs.

Lol why are you so mad? According to Texas fans the rivalry with A&M doesn't even exist anymore and OU is all they care about, still Texas and their fans are getting all riled up and threatening not to play A&M because they don't want to join the likes of California-Berkeley and Washington.

We already know Texas is scared to join the SEC because of competition but why not schedule A&M anymore.... The same reason? or because A&M isn't bowing down to them like the rest of the conference? Either way, Texas is the ones acting foolishly. A&M is willing to play the SEC schedule and play Texas out of conference every year too keep the rivalry alive and the 2 schools happy.

Texas doesn't need A&M... everyone knows this but if you think A&M needs Texas you are very mistaken. A&M will decide what's best for their future on their own without being told what to do. If they feel pac10 is best then they will do it but not because Texas is telling them to unlike every other team in the conference.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Ed Clements on KLBJ says UT, Tech, OU and OK State are committed to PAC10 with all the Boards of Regents meeting next week. A&M still working on SEC.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2010, 05:16 PM

Last time I checked, UT is located in the STATE of TEXAS, faggot!

Kermit
06-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Last time I checked, UT is located in the STATE of TEXAS, faggot!

Do you dream of Larry Coker while you touch yourself at night?

Kermit
06-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Lol why are you so mad? According to Texas fans the rivalry with A&M doesn't even exist anymore and OU is all they care about, still Texas and their fans are getting all riled up and threatening not to play A&M because they don't want to join the likes of California-Berkeley and Washington.

We already know Texas is scared to join the SEC because of competition but why not schedule A&M anymore.... The same reason? or because A&M isn't bowing down to them like the rest of the conference? Either way, Texas is the ones acting foolishly. A&M is willing to play the SEC schedule and play Texas out of conference every year too keep the rivalry alive and the 2 schools happy.

Texas doesn't need A&M... everyone knows this but if you think A&M needs Texas you are very mistaken. A&M will decide what's best for their future on their own without being told what to do. If they feel pac10 is best then they will do it but not because Texas is telling them to unlike every other team in the conference.

No one is mad. Texas will not give Aggie a game. It's as simple as that. Why reward a whiny bitch who wants to feel important. That being said, I'm sure Aggie runs toward the west with their swords tucked between their legs. And :lmao at Texas being scared of competition. Keep repeating it though.

IceColdBrewski
06-11-2010, 05:43 PM
RTbc98uqofI

tlongII
06-11-2010, 05:43 PM
I think A&M will come to the Pac-10 too. I can't wait for this to happen! It's going to be epic!

ChumpDumper
06-11-2010, 06:04 PM
KLBJ says A&M is on the fence. It's all on the newscast now, so the big move almost has to be well-sourced and verified.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Do you dream of Larry Coker while you touch yourself at night?

It wouldn't make any sense for you to come back with a logical opinion

JMarkJohns
06-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Supposedly it's a done deal. A&M is the only team not to commit. If they do by Tuesday, it's theirs, if they don't, it's probably Utah or Kansas who gets the invite.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-11-2010, 07:56 PM

You're silly brah. The Big 10 was never an option for UT.

For UT it was keep the big 12 alive and still dominate so it can get its own network. If the dominoes fell and the b12 fell apart, then it was pac-10.

Big 10 was totally laughed at and scoffed by UT officials. They had no desire to be the sole southern member of an overrated conference that had to put its TEXAS boys in unfamiliar weather for every home game.

The upside (and dollars) for joining Pac10 are way better for UT than them joining the Big 10.

johngateswhiteley
06-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Supposedly it's a done deal. A&M is the only team not to commit. If they do by Tuesday, it's theirs, if they don't, it's probably Utah or Kansas who gets the invite.

I like this. Sounds more & more like A&M might go to the sec. And how is A&M being a whiny bitch? And why are so many non-a&m fans upset? Just like t.u., A&M will do what's best for their university. Simple.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Why is it best for A&M?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-11-2010, 08:10 PM
The only reason A&M would go to SEC is because the guys making decisions have all agreed that the only hope they have to be a top dog in the state is by doing something that will differentiate them from UT. By going to the pac10 they keep the status quo essentially. They see a glimmer of hope in the SEC.

johngateswhiteley
06-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Why is it best for A&M?

I like the recruiting argument, I think 16 is too big for a conference &, while I haven't done math, its seemingly less travel.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I like the recruiting argumentA&M is really going to make inroads into Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana now? I guess there is a better chance of a cracker factor working in A&M's favor in the south than in the west.
I think 16 is too big for a conference[quote]13 is good though? What if they expand further?[quote]&, while I haven't done math, its seemingly less travel.No doubt. The time zone argument is probably the best one to use if you're going to pretend to care about the student aspect of student athletics.

Best of luck to you and whichever school you choose to support for whatever reason.

NFO
06-11-2010, 08:51 PM
You're silly brah. The Big 10 was never an option for UT.

Never an option???

You mean if some came to you and offered you way more money you wouldn't even listen. Sounds like someone has positioned themselves to close to Chip Brown's cock.

For UT it was keep the big 12 alive and still dominate so it can get its own network.

UT only wanted the Big 12 around because it had the most control and had the possibility of starting up its own network. If you think UT wanted the Big 12 to stick together for any other reason you definitely rode the short bus as a child.

Big 10 was totally laughed at and scoffed by UT officials. They had no desire to be the sole southern member of an overrated conference that had to put its TEXAS boys in unfamiliar weather for every home game.

That is laughable. Is Texas scared of a little cold weather, from your perspective it sounds like are. The average temperature in November in Ohio is in the upper 40s, not bad at all. Besides UT had to play in Ames, Lincoln, Manhattan, Columbia, Boulder which all can have cold days.

What is laughable is that pidly ole Northwestern makes double in TV revenue than what the largest revenue producing school in the country does.

The upside (and dollars) for joining Pac10 are way better for UT than them joining the Big 10.

Yeah because that Pac-10 network in the worst time zone is in exactly how many households?

I wish UT the best. I would have liked them in the Big 10 but I understand why they would go to the Pac-10 as well. Maybe we will see them in the Rose Bowl sometime soon, if it still exists (of course it will).

Kermit
06-11-2010, 09:33 PM
It wouldn't make any sense for you to come back with a logical opinion

I still have no idea what you're babbling about. Go fuck yourself.

Kermit
06-11-2010, 09:36 PM
The notion that the Big 10 was scoffed by Texas is fucking retarded. I'm sure they gave it a long, hard look. Much like the cock DJohn sucks every night before hitting the sack.

dallaskd
06-11-2010, 10:57 PM
damn im gonna miss the big 12. short lived conference

DMX7
06-12-2010, 12:37 AM
chip brown had it wrong that Colorado wasn't going to the pAc 10 because of Baylor. Looks like he's just another orangebloods asshole.

Not true. He was actually the first to report that Colorado would be getting the invite over Baylor, but that baylor was trying to steal it away. They obviously failed and Colorado got the bid.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2010, 01:36 AM
The notion that the Big 10 was scoffed by Texas is fucking retarded. I'm sure they gave it a long, hard look. Much like the cock DJohn sucks every night before hitting the sack.

Not true. The first conference realignment talk this offseason was weeks after the championship game. The rumor was Texas and some spare B12 teams to the Big 10.

The only accurate source in this entire scenario said from the start that Texas brass laughed their asses off at the thought of the Big 10 suckering them in. From a money and logistical standpoint it makes no sense for Texas to join the Big 10. Unless they somehow shifted the money part of the equation so drastically towards Texas' favor. Which was highly improbable.

Texas joining the Big 10 is a total fucking myth. No way the most dominant program in the country completely shifts its logistics and entire world for some money to be the sole south member of the Big 10. They could make comparable money and be part of many with the Pac 10.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Never an option???

You mean if some came to you and offered you way more money you wouldn't even listen. Sounds like someone has positioned themselves to close to Chip Brown's cock.

UT only wanted the Big 12 around because it had the most control and had the possibility of starting up its own network. If you think UT wanted the Big 12 to stick together for any other reason you definitely rode the short bus as a child.

That is laughable. Is Texas scared of a little cold weather, from your perspective it sounds like are. The average temperature in November in Ohio is in the upper 40s, not bad at all. Besides UT had to play in Ames, Lincoln, Manhattan, Columbia, Boulder which all can have cold days.

What is laughable is that pidly ole Northwestern makes double in TV revenue than what the largest revenue producing school in the country does.

Yeah because that Pac-10 network in the worst time zone is in exactly how many households?

I wish UT the best. I would have liked them in the Big 10 but I understand why they would go to the Pac-10 as well. Maybe we will see them in the Rose Bowl sometime soon, if it still exists (of course it will).

You are being contrarian for its own sake. I said Texas wanted to keep the big 12 alive to make a texas network and you repeated exactly what I said as if you were proving some sort of point. Wow way to make yourself look like a total dickhole.

No fucking way Texas was ever joining the big 10 based on the money figures thrown around thus far. Unless they somehow came up with millions and millions more to shift the equation, it was always a fucking joke. It was a tool Texas used to sit there, do nothing, and get an offer from the pac10 that it could fall back on if the Big 12 (seemingly inevitably) fell apart.

You're thinking in dream land if you seriously can even imagine a college football season where Texas is in a conference with Iowa, Michigan, and Ohio State. Makes no sense brah.

The Reckoning
06-12-2010, 02:12 AM
actually alot of recruits make their initial decision based on what conference theyd like to play in rather than the school theyre playing for. A&M signing with the SEC would really help with recruiting efforts in texas for texas highschoolers who want to play in the SEC (which are alot). thats how teams like arkansas and lsu stay on top of recruiting.

StylisticS
06-12-2010, 10:05 AM
At the same time, Texas hs players do not mind heading out west. Stanford has Luck. OSU has a couple. Arizona State and Arizona who loves Houston's basketball talent has to feel giddy right now that they now have an excuse of going to Texas to recruit more now. I think these two teams will get better and become more relevant.

Texas will play most of it's games in the Central time zone and Mountain time zone.

symple19
06-12-2010, 11:18 AM
from ESPN

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will join the Pac-10 Conference when a formal offer is made, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad on Friday.

Texas A&M, The Austin American-Statesman reported, is torn between joining the Pac-10 or Southeastern Conference. The Aggies will have a 72-hour timetable to decide whether to accept the Pac-10's offer, the newspaper reported.

A formal offer from the Pac-10 could come as soon as this weekend, the newspaper reported.

Another source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to ESPN.com's Andy Katz that Texas A&M was looking at the SEC, but the source said he is convinced the Aggies will end up in the Pac-10.

The source said the SEC consideration was fueled by "ego purposes" within Texas A&M, that the Aggies' power brokers sought distance from the Texas decision and didn't want to convey the appearance they were doing everything because of Texas.

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe said Friday he is still working to convince the remaining 10 members to stay put.

"We're working with all those members. We've had a lot of positive feedback about the desire of those institutions to [stay] together," Beebe said. "There's been a lot of speculation about people going west ... I'm going all the way to the final whistle. I'm playing it out as hard and fast as I can."

Texas is considered the linchpin to the Big 12's survival, particularly after the league lost Nebraska (Big Ten) and Colorado (Pac-10) in a matter of two days this week. The Texas regents said they will hold a meeting in Austin on Tuesday for "discussion and appropriate action regarding athletic conference membership."

Iowa State president Gregory Geoffroy said the future of the Big 12 was up to Texas.

"If the University of Texas were to decide that they want to be a member of the Big 12, then I'm confident the Big 12 would stay together," he said. "If the University of Texas decides they do not wish to and wish to do something else, then I think the conference will be greatly altered."

Longhorns athletic director DeLoss Dodds has said he wants to keep the Big 12 together. It was not immediately clear if scheduling the regents meeting meant those efforts have failed.

"Our goals and hopes all along have been to keep the Big 12 Conference intact," Dodds said in a statement. "It is both premature and inappropriate to speculate on what our UT System Regents will discuss at next Tuesday's meeting. But, as the dynamics of the Big 12 continue to change around us, we will utilize additional time to continue our work and evaluate our options."

Texas Tech has also scheduled a special board of regents meeting for Tuesday, at which the formalization of an acceptance to the Pac-10 could occur, the Big 12 source told ESPN.

The athletic director of Texas' longtime interstate rival, Oklahoma, said if the Longhorns were to announce they were committed to staying in the Big 12, the other teams left would likely remain, too.

"Behind the scenes, we're talking about all the different kinds of strategies and plans that would prove that point," Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione told The Oklahoman on Thursday.

Oklahoma, Baylor and Kansas have been gathering information about the fiscal viability of keeping the conference alive with 10 teams, a Big 12 source told ESPN's Schad. In that scenario the conference would sacrifice a conference title game. They are exploring the television ramifications as well.

"We have a very, very strong sense from our television partners that the revenue stream would be very, very good going forward," Castiglione told The Oklahoman. "Better than where we are today."

A source familiar with the Pac-10's plans told ESPN that the SEC's interest in Texas A&M and Oklahoma is "real." Another source within the Big 12 said Texas A&M does not necessarily feel it should be required to be attached to the Longhorns.

Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin told The Associated Press that the rapid changes are forcing the school to consider its options.

"We're still working through the issues," Loftin said. "We're also waiting to see what happens with other schools. We were very happy to stay in the Big 12, the way it was. It's changing now, and we need to figure out what that means.

"The Big 12 is not what it was, and we have to think about its future, and ours."

Baylor athletic director Ian McCaw reiterated his school's desire for the four Texas teams from the Big 12 to "remain aligned" in the same conference -- preferably the Big 12. Baylor, the league's only private school, would likely be left behind if Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech leave for other leagues.

"We're focused on keeping the Big 12 together and maintaining the rivalries that we've enjoyed with our four Big 12 Texas brothers," he said. "Those traditions go over the last 100 years and we certainly want to do everything we can to maintain those rivalries within the conference structure. "

symple19
06-12-2010, 11:21 AM
looks to be a done deal...Now it's the SEC's and Big10's turn

DesignatedT
06-12-2010, 12:37 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs327.snc3/28953_131136233579153_130976270261816_295415_61779 80_n.jpg

symple19
06-12-2010, 12:55 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs327.snc3/28953_131136233579153_130976270261816_295415_61779 80_n.jpg

honestly, I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw that ^

Oh well, I guess the west needs a new doormat, but I shall continue to hold out hope they'll raid the ACC for some real football teams instead.

DesignatedT
06-12-2010, 12:57 PM
honestly, I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw that ^

Oh well, I guess the west needs a new doormat, but I shall continue to hold out hope they'll raid the ACC for some real football teams instead.

Lol. A&M will compete in the conference. Recruiting will only get better also. Our Basketball and Baseball can definitely compete as well.

symple19
06-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Our Basketball and Baseball can definitely compete as well.

No doubt about that.

CubanMustGo
06-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Kansas, KSU, Mizzou apparently on the MWC radar now. Would suck for Kansas and their storied basketball program to end up in a mid-major. And Baylor? Poor Baylor, nobody wants them, maybe they should just go the D3 route.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5279018

The Mountain West Conference was a geographical misnomer from the beginning, as it launched with San Diego State among its eight original teams before adding TCU in 2005 and Boise State on Friday.

And the conference's reach doesn't appear to be stopping there.

According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Kansas, Missouri and Kansas State are on the Mountain West's radar amid a continuing shakeup of the Big 12.

But Baylor isn't considered a candidate to join the conference, with TCU standing staunchly in its way, the Fort Worth newspaper reported, citing unnamed sources.

"The Mountain West wants to be a national player and continue to grow in that realm," MWC commissioner Craig Thompson said in a conference call with reporters Friday. "We are extremely interested in BCS automatic qualification. We are simply trying to get to the level where each and every year a Mountain West team is playing in a BCS bowl game."

TCU would mount a lobbying effort against Baylor if the Bears are left out of the conference-realignment mix, the Star-Telegram reported.

But the conference covets Kansas -- and its legendary basketball program.

"Look at it this way," Jayhawks coach Bill Self said Friday at a charity event, according to The Kansas City Star. "No matter what, I'm 100 percent confident we're going to land. And we may land in a group that gives us more exposure than we ever could have had before. We may land with somebody that opens up recruiting doors in areas that we never really tested before. We're not gonna lose what we already have. This may open up new avenues for us."

New avenues are assured for most -- if not all -- of the Big 12.

Colorado left Thursday for the Pac-10 and Nebraska moved to the Big Ten a day later. Texas and the four other programs, not including Baylor, that make up the Big 12 South in football are leaning heavily toward a commitment to the Pac-10, or in Texas A&M's case, a possible jump to the SEC.

"We are gonna be in a BCS conference," Self said, according to the newspaper.

But count Self among those who still believe in the viability of the Big 12.

"If this league is held together," Self said, "we'll go get two teams or six teams and this league will be better than it ever has been."

SpursTillTheEnd
06-12-2010, 03:44 PM
sec has no interest in a&m lmao a&m fucked themselves cause now pac 10 wants kansas
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/texas-am-no-sec-invite-no-72-hour-deadline-28519

DesignatedT
06-12-2010, 03:47 PM
sec has no interest in a&m lmao a&m fucked themselves cause now pac 10 wants kansas

LOL baylor fan.

Fpoonsie
06-12-2010, 03:56 PM

:lmao

TAMU still has a standing offer from the PAC.

The MWC doesn't even want Baylor.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-12-2010, 03:57 PM
LOL baylor fan.
i take that back a&m will get an invite to the sec, the mwc does not want baylor damn

DesignatedT
06-12-2010, 03:58 PM
i take that back a&m will get an invite to the sec, the mwc does not want baylor damn

It's ok im sure the sun belt will take you guys.

samikeyp
06-12-2010, 06:34 PM

You still have the WAC and C-USA.

Spursfan092120
06-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Can't blame it on talent...except for football, Baylor competes well in pretty much every sport. Baseball, basketball...you name it, they're there. It's about the money. The Waco market is not exactly New York or Los Angeles.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-12-2010, 07:40 PM
This is getting stupid, the Pacific conference is interested in Kansas? God the Arizona schools should be up in arms against all of this but it won't matter. On top of a football powerhouse that'll stop them from any chance at a conference title in UT, now they'll have a basketball powerhouse that'll make it nearly impossible for them to win a conference title there as well. Fuck.

JMarkJohns
06-12-2010, 07:59 PM
This is getting stupid, the Pacific conference is interested in Kansas? God the Arizona schools should be up in arms against all of this but it won't matter. On top of a football powerhouse that'll stop them from any chance at a conference title in UT, now they'll have a basketball powerhouse that'll make it nearly impossible for them to win a conference title there as well. Fuck.

Bill Self is dirty as hell, so I'm not concerned longterm with him at Kansas. It's only a matter of time. His nickname for the last decade hasn't been $elf for no reason.

There's a way around this. For basketball, you eliminate all divisions. You play your geographic rival twice per year then play 7 of the remaining 14 teams twice (home and home) one year, the other 7 the next year. This puts them at 16 conference games, only two less than their previous conference schedules. Make that up with more non-Conference.

This way nobody has to play Kansas every year. The SOS and RPI would be ridiculous. It's almost worth doing for that. Also, we'll have an new ESPN contract, so there would be more recruiting advantages there, especially within the NY market, of which Arizona has the biggest in.

Personally, I go with Utah. Good basketball, very good football.

AZ schools are screwed in football, to be sure, unless they go 4-team divisions and put AZ in the Colorado/Utah division.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-12-2010, 08:10 PM
If they do that for basketball then I'm not concerned, but if divisions cut off AZ's connection to Cali schools then you can kiss the possibility of ever being an elite basketball school again goodbye. One thing AZ schools need to do is lock up the growing talent that's coming out of Arizona. My worst nightmare is seeing Royce Woolridge playing against Arizona a few years from now on Kansas when UA coulda more than used Royce since he has more intelligence in his elbow than Momo Jones has in his brain.

JMarkJohns
06-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I agree. Woolridge was lost during Arizona's transitional phases. Arizona has done (and will be doing) a very good job of securing the top talent in the state, which isn't Elite, but is high enough in quality and large enough in quantity to form the foundation of a contending core with a coach like Miller. Keep NY's pipeline as strong as they can for as long as Book is here, and with a game or two every year or every other year in Texas and California, Arizona should pull in enough to make up the remainder of the roster. There's a lot of quality ins right now.

Marklar MM
06-13-2010, 09:11 AM
If Texas to the PAC16 is a done deal, why did Chip Brown have a "What's Next For Texas?" article on OB?

JMarkJohns
06-13-2010, 10:09 AM
If Texas to the PAC16 is a done deal, why did Chip Brown have a "What's Next For Texas?" article on OB?

Don't know. What did it say? When I visited this morning, the first article was on A&M to SEC (likely), touched on how A&M is recruiting Oklahoma, who prefers SEC over Pac, but not without Texas and Oklahoma State, the latter of which has more votes in government and would not break up the two state schools.

The only other Chip Brown article was how Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are going to announce their commitment to the Pac on Tuesday, and lists the options for A&M's spot.

BUMP
06-13-2010, 11:54 AM
As a Tech student, this is pretty exciting. With their weak out of conference scheduling every year there was never a chance of a team like USC ever coming to Lubbock. Now i'll get to see it happen. And if USC can build themselves back up can you imagine the crossmatches?

USC going to Austin, Norman :wow:wow

JMarkJohns
06-13-2010, 12:55 PM
According to Chip Brown:

Seems like Big-12 expansion (instead of dissolution) is still in play with TCU and another school looking to be added (maybe Memphis?) in a last ditch attempt to secure an SEC-level TV contract and keep the Conference in tact.

If it isn't figured out by Monday, Tuesday will likely bring about the four discussed (and possibly A&M) into the Pac-10 fold.

fyatuk
06-13-2010, 12:57 PM
I hope the Big XII finds some way to stay alive. It'd be a disaster with the bowl bids for a major conference to dissolve.

DesignatedT
06-13-2010, 01:06 PM
According to Chip Brown:

Seems like Big-12 expansion (instead of dissolution) is still in play with TCU and another school looking to be added (maybe Memphis?) in a last ditch attempt to secure an SEC-level TV contract and keep the Conference in tact.

If it isn't figured out by Monday, Tuesday will likely bring about the four discussed (and possibly A&M) into the Pac-10 fold.

The threat of A&M going SEC and the rising interest and push the SEC is making for OU as well could have Texas rethinking and or making another push to keep the BIG 12 intact.

Thompson
06-13-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm a little conflicted on that. I would probably prefer for the Big 12 to continue, except that I think a move toward 16-team super-conferences makes playoffs more likely. I'm sick of all the BCS crap.

Blake
06-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Can't blame it on talent...except for football, Baylor competes well in pretty much every sport. Baseball, basketball...you name it, they're there.

football would be the key reason

DesignatedT
06-13-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm a little conflicted on that. I would probably prefer for the Big 12 to continue, except that I think a move toward 16-team super-conferences makes playoffs more likely. I'm sick of all the BCS crap.

I wouldn't mind the BIG12 staying together if we could get 2 nice programs to join. I mean TCU is a nice choice although that would further hurt recruiting for A&M but adding some garbage universities like Houston, Memphis or any teams from sub par conferences I would definitely object.

j-6
06-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I saw on OB that Beebe is going to present a case where member schools can make 17M a year off a new TV contract. Hell, I hope Texas stays put then. The Okie schools and Tech will love us for the added money, plus the North orphans and Baylor will be grateful for keeping the group alive. I don't give a fuck about Mizzou posturing anymore - Texas and our friends did the same thing. Add in the now 30 million the nine left all get to split after the Ags bolt plus making SEC-style TV money?

Sign me the fuck up. This is a no-brainer. The conference gets to save the auto BCS bid, too? Let's go take FedEx's 10 million for Memphis while we are at it.

Going from 7M to 17M a year plus 3M in buyout money sounds like one hell of a plan.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2010, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't mind the BIG12 staying together if we could get 2 nice programs to join. I mean TCU is a nice choice although that would further hurt recruiting for A&M but adding some garbage universities like Houston, Memphis or any teams from sub par conferences I would definitely object.

Houston's been better than A&M for a while, likely has a brighter future than Texas Tech, and brings in the fourth biggest television market in the country. Add to that the traditional SWC rivalry, and it's not a bad choice.

Kermit
06-13-2010, 06:55 PM
I saw on OB that Beebe is going to present a case where member schools can make 17M a year off a new TV contract. Hell, I hope Texas stays put then. The Okie schools and Tech will love us for the added money, plus the North orphans and Baylor will be grateful for keeping the group alive. I don't give a fuck about Mizzou posturing anymore - Texas and our friends did the same thing. Add in the now 30 million the nine left all get to split after the Ags bolt plus making SEC-style TV money?

Sign me the fuck up. This is a no-brainer. The conference gets to save the auto BCS bid, too? Let's go take FedEx's 10 million for Memphis while we are at it.

Going from 7M to 17M a year plus 3M in buyout money sounds like one hell of a plan.

How the fuck do you add 10 million when two of your schools just left?

NFO
06-13-2010, 07:03 PM
How the fuck do you add 10 million when two of your schools just left?

1) Your a hell of a salesman.

2) the cable company is a moron (not likely).

3) Dan Bebe is full of shit.

Take your pick.

Kermit
06-13-2010, 07:13 PM
1) Your a hell of a salesman.

2) the cable company is a moron (not likely).

3) Dan Bebe is full of shit.

Take your pick.

He's duct taping the Titanic.

NFO
06-13-2010, 07:24 PM
He's duct taping the Titanic.

Well it would suck for him to go down as the commish you let the conference crumble, plus if the Big 12 implodes is 2 years he is out of a job.

Blake
06-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Houston's been better than A&M for a while,

debatable

likely has a brighter future than Texas Tech

football wise? not likely at all.

and brings in the fourth biggest television market in the country. Add to that the traditional SWC rivalry, and it's not a bad choice.

eh.... apart from the last few years, attendance has been low for the Coogs and they don't really bring the Houston market with them since UT has already done that.

not a terrible choice, not a great choice. just eh.

samikeyp
06-13-2010, 10:43 PM
eh.... apart from the last few years, attendance has been low for the Coogs and they don't really bring the Houston market with them since UT has already done that.

not a terrible choice, not a great choice. just eh.

I would even say UH is third in that market, UT and A&M probably both draw better

Blake
06-13-2010, 10:45 PM
I would even say UH is third in that market, UT and A&M probably both draw better

yup.

DMX7
06-13-2010, 11:37 PM

They do.

JMarkJohns
06-14-2010, 07:09 PM

Good call...

DesignatedT
06-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Good call...

big 12 is not adding any teams. they are staying with 10.

JMarkJohns
06-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Peripherals don't matter. Fact is, despite all information stating otherwise, Ignignokt said UT wasn't leaving and the Big-12 would remain. He called it.

DesignatedT
06-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Peripherals don't matter. Fact is, despite all information stating otherwise, Ignignokt said UT wasn't leaving and the Big-12 would remain. He called it.

TCU has no shot to join the conference as well.

tlongII
06-14-2010, 07:59 PM
This really sucks ASS! I wanted those Texas teams in our conference!

NFO
06-14-2010, 08:31 PM
This really sucks ASS! I wanted those Texas teams in our conference!

Texas couldn't get its own network in the Pac-16

Texas would not have had absolute control in the Pac-16, like it does in the Big 12 with 10 teams.

Texas was unsure of the Pac-16 network and didn't want to be an equal partner.

Texas didn't like the fact that it would have to play in a time zone with a 2 hr difference a couple of times a year.

Texas wanted 5 OOC games and the Pac-16 couldn't guarantee that.

Ignignokt
06-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Texas is a conference killer.

IF A2M had any sense, they'd bolt.

DesignatedT
06-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Texas is a conference killer.

IF A2M had any sense, they'd bolt.

It's all about $. Aggies getting paid over $20 million annually is triple what they were making last season and more than what the SEC could offer. For an Athletic department that's already far in debt, they went the safe route and couldn't pass that up. Agreed that they missed out on a great opportunity with the SEC though.

Thompson
06-14-2010, 08:37 PM
I was getting excited about the SEC. Oh, well. Give it a few more years.

DesignatedT
06-14-2010, 08:39 PM
I was getting excited about the SEC. Oh, well. Give it a few more years.

Same here Thompson. Oh, Well is right. Time to worry about Football season I guess.

NFO
06-14-2010, 08:54 PM
UT just created a turd of a conference. When you consider they never get to play Oklahoma in Austin, their home schedule is going to be horrible. Instead of having a chance to play Nebraska once every couple years, you're guaranteed to play ISU/KSU/KU/Baylor every year. If you ever get lucky and expand back to 12, it's going to be teams like BYU or Utah (if the Pac-11 doesn't snag the Utes first). When you throw in the lack of a Big 12 CCG, Texas fans are the real losers in that deal.

DesignatedT
06-14-2010, 09:01 PM
UT just created a turd of a conference. When you consider they never get to play Oklahoma in Austin, their home schedule is going to be horrible. Instead of having a chance to play Nebraska once every couple years, you're guaranteed to play ISU/KSU/KU/Baylor every year. If you ever get lucky and expand back to 12, it's going to be teams like BYU or Utah (if the Pac-11 doesn't snag the Utes first). When you throw in the lack of a Big 12 CCG, Texas fans are the real losers in that deal.

I agree. Their out of conference schedule should start to contain some good interesting opponents though. They can't afford to schedule just powder puffs with this weak conference.

tlongII
06-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Texas couldn't get its own network in the Pac-16

Texas would not have had absolute control in the Pac-16, like it does in the Big 12 with 10 teams.

Texas was unsure of the Pac-16 network and didn't want to be an equal partner.

Texas didn't like the fact that it would have to play in a time zone with a 2 hr difference a couple of times a year.

Texas wanted 5 OOC games and the Pac-16 couldn't guarantee that.

I don't understand this. How is Texas going to get 5 OOC games? They'll have 9 conference games with 3 OOC games by my count.

NFO
06-14-2010, 09:43 PM
I don't understand this. How is Texas going to get 5 OOC games? They'll have 9 conference games with 3 OOC games by my count.

Well Texas didn't want to play 9 conference games they only wanted to play 7.

DMX7
06-14-2010, 09:51 PM

when did he report that?

Blake
06-14-2010, 10:05 PM

I think all Big XII fans are losers in this deal.

I also think <5 years down the road, we see this situation pop up again.

DesignatedT
06-14-2010, 10:06 PM

Agreed. Their is also reports saying the t.v deal signed is until the year 2030 :wow

samikeyp
06-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Agreed. Their is also reports saying the t.v deal signed is until the year 2030 :wow

Yeah, I would imagine for the next few years, expansion will be a topic in the off-season.

Thompson
06-14-2010, 11:41 PM

So is it still a (one-time) $10 million buyout? If so, they can make it until 3030 and it won't matter. If there's a penalty for every year you don't remain, however, they damn well better not sign it. Baylor, Kansas, K-State, Iowa State and Missouri might always have a difficult time finding another conference for various reasons, and they won't vote to disband the Big 12 (no monetary penalty). That's 50% of the votes right there.

I'm still hoping A&M waits until everyone else signs it before whipping out the SEC contract and signing it instead. :lol

DesignatedT
06-14-2010, 11:44 PM
So is it still a (one-time) $10 million buyout? If so, they can make it until 3030 and it won't matter. If there's a penalty for every year you don't remain, however, they damn well better not sign it. Baylor, Kansas, K-State, Iowa State and Missouri might always have a difficult time finding another conference for various reasons, and they won't vote to disband the Big 12 (no monetary penalty). That's 50% of the votes right there.

I'm still hoping A&M waits until everyone else signs it before whipping out the SEC contract and signing it instead. :lol

:lol The only long shot chance we have right now is the Big10 suddenly has a change of heart and invites Missouri :lol They would bolt in a heartbeat and this would start all over again.

NFO
06-15-2010, 09:51 AM

True.

Yep, considering they have one year of Nebraska left and two years of Colorado being there, I'm guessing once Colorado leaves that this situation pops up again.

tlongII
06-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Well Texas didn't want to play 9 conference games they only wanted to play 7.

If they're in a 10 team conference without a championship game they will be playing 9 conference games guaranteed.

Marklar MM
06-15-2010, 01:02 PM
If they're in a 10 team conference without a championship game they will be playing 9 conference games guaranteed.

Most likely. They wanted the 7 conf games so they could maintain their current rivalry games.

NFO
06-15-2010, 02:23 PM

How so. Before Penn State was in the Big Ten there were 10 teams and they only played 8 conference games. So I'm not seeing where they are going to play 9 conference games "guaranteed" is coming from. I understand that the Pac-10 plays a complete round robin, but not everybody operates like the Pac-10.

Most likely. They wanted the 7 conf games so they could maintain their current rivalry games.

True, Texas wanted to have only 7 conference games if they jumped ship, one of the sticking points in their negotiations with the Pac-10.