PDA

View Full Version : Boise State to Mountain West

Marklar MM
06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
per Joe Schad.

jb4g
06-11-2010, 01:09 PM
so that gives them 10 members with 4 solid programs...TCU, BYU, Utah and Boise. I wonder if they now swoop in and pick up the big 12 remnants and the BCS Bid.

DesignatedT
06-11-2010, 02:40 PM
That will be interesting. Glad to see them join that IMO

fyatuk
06-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Picking up the KS teams would make a bit of sense (for the conference, not really the schools, but they could end up desperate). That'd give them 12 teams, including 4 BCS busters and 2 teams that have been in a BCS conference since the BCS started. Having 12 teams gives them a conference championship game in football, as well.

It'd be hard to justify not giving them a seat at the table if they could swing something like that, especially with the Big XII seat being vacated.

vander
06-11-2010, 05:05 PM
what if the MWC loses some or all of it's other good teams, then where does that leave BSU, they should have waited to see what happens before jumping.

tsb2000
06-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I think that's why the MWC took them now- insurance against losing Utah and/or TCU to another conference.

vander
06-11-2010, 05:11 PM
and it might help them attract the other teams they're supposedly going after: Kansas, KState, and Mizzu.

hmm, this might possibly actually work out for BSU

ChumpDumper
06-11-2010, 05:13 PM
MWC looks like it will do fine even if a few teams get shuffled around.

vander
06-11-2010, 05:17 PM
MWC looks like it will do fine even if a few teams get shuffled around.

there's a hard line between fine and not fine, that line is an automatic BCS bid

tsb2000
06-11-2010, 05:18 PM
It could work out the MWC gets an AQ to the Fiesta, but I'd like some kind of assurance that any undefeated MWC team got a shot at the title. This four "super conferences" talk basically means that would never happen.

vander
06-11-2010, 05:21 PM
It could work out the MWC gets an AQ to the Fiesta, but I'd like some kind of assurance that any undefeated MWC team got a shot at the title. This four "super conferences" talk basically means that would never happen.

well if there were 3 undefeated teams, the MWC team would most likely have played the weakest schedule, but if not, the BSC would put them in the NCG. the BCS formula is never the problem

ChumpDumper
06-11-2010, 05:21 PM
The rise of superconferences almost guarantees a playoff system.

JoeTait75
06-11-2010, 07:49 PM
what if the MWC loses some or all of it's other good teams, then where does that leave BSU, they should have waited to see what happens before jumping.

Nah, they had to get out of the WAC. Once you get past Boise and maybe Nevada and Fresno State that league is a rich man's Big Sky Conference. If Boise wants to play for a National Championship at some point they have to switch leagues.

The Reckoning
06-12-2010, 02:31 AM
The rise of superconferences almost guarantees a playoff system.

really? i thought itd do the opposite.

samikeyp
06-12-2010, 06:36 PM
really? i thought itd do the opposite.

The superconferences can band together and leave the NCAA. They can form their own playoff.

vander
06-21-2010, 08:58 PM
well, this didn't work out too badly, the MWC champ will probably be going to a BCS game every year, and there's still hope of eventually getting an automatic bid, and for the time being, there is 1 less team sharing that non-AQ-Conference BCS money, and maybe the WAC will fall apart and a few teams could drop to FCS.

MCW has said it has no interest in Fresno St and other WAC teams, but it would be doing itself a small favor by breaking up the WAC and reducing the amount of conferences/teams that share that 9% of the BCS revenue. also, with the addition of teams, any teams, they might get out of their horrible TV contract.