PDA

View Full Version : where it started.. Big dawg to blame?

rayray2k8
05-13-2005, 02:11 AM
the spurs started off slow but then seemed to of taken control of the
game after the first quarter with a 29-21 lead and seemed to be on their way to go up 3-0. But up until the middle of the 2nd quarter
the momentum shifted AFTER robinson commited
a techical foul on rashard lewis where the spurs had a 37-29 lead then igniting the sonics to to play with more fire..
Its just something that kinda surfaced in my mind..
I dont know, but i think the game got tighter after
this happened and i kinda feel like this is one of the few reason why we lost.
Any comments? im okay with disagreements.

rayray2k8
05-13-2005, 02:19 AM
thats alright baby, SPURS IN 5!!!

Mr. Body
05-13-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm wondering about Robinson. He took an ill-advised jumper on a secondary break after being in the game a few minutes, almost looking huffy he hadn't gotten a shot yet. Then the push. Is this the moment the Big Dog turns?

rayray2k8
05-13-2005, 02:22 AM
Yeah the rashard lewis foul he gave

SpursFanDan
05-13-2005, 02:22 AM
shaq can't even spell one liner

rayray2k8
05-13-2005, 02:26 AM
did u hear what he said last night? or today?

"i played like erik dampier"

LOLLLL DISSSS

robinson said that? :wtf

Cant_Be_Faded
05-13-2005, 02:29 AM
There is either bad bloodd between those two players, or Rashard did something to seriously piss him off.

I'm sure Pop has a talk with big dogg about it.

No biggie.....spurs ownage baby

Obstructed_View
05-13-2005, 02:41 AM
Robinson came in and completely fucked the team on both ends of the floor while he was there. If he said a word to Pop about it he'll be on a bus tomorrow. I think it was a big turning point in the first half and it completely got the crowd back into it. How stupid is it to push a guy into an official? Rashard deserves the play of the game for drawing Glenn into something so stupid.

Gerryatrics
05-13-2005, 06:59 AM
What was he freaking out about anyway? I saw the push but didn't see anything before that to indicate they were ready to go at it or anything. He just seemed to push Lewis right in to the ref for no reason.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-13-2005, 07:30 AM
If our team can't overcome 3 minutes of bad play by one guy, we've got bigger problems than our FT shooting.

Where it started and ended was the FT line.

Phenomanul
05-13-2005, 07:39 AM
If our team can't overcome 3 minutes of bad play by one guy, we've got bigger problems than our FT shooting.

Where it started and ended was the FT line.

Yeah... but it's an undeniable fact that our momentum was swiped away after GRob's foul...

bigbendbruisebrother
05-13-2005, 07:43 AM
I totally agree. That was the turning point in the game. I noted in the game blog that we had up to that point sucked all life from the Sonics. They'd made their 1st quarter push and we answered resoundingly. The flagrant on Manu seemed to signal their desperation.

Then Glen Robinson lost his mind. That shove gave them their adreniline back, and was the dumbest thing I've seen a Spur intentionally do in years. If Robinson hadn't done that, I'm confident that the Spurs would have continued to build momentum and a lead and the free throw bug wouldn't have crept up or wouldn't have mattered.

Here's a prediction: Glen Robinson will gradually disappear in the rotation, and Pop will start trying to bring Devin Brown back.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Here's the thing: we should have seized momentum BACK after the flagrant on Manu. We didn't.

Prediction: Pop's dumb if he banishes Big Dog to the bench. We need him.

Shelly
05-13-2005, 08:02 AM
I thought he should have put him back in.

T Park
05-13-2005, 08:20 AM
It was a bonehead move.

That saying, he should get another chance to redeem himself sunday night.

I called it last night after he got the technical and the absolutely stupid pull up on a 3 on 4 break, that he was done for the night.

Hopefully sunday he comes out and plays smarter.

CosmicCowboy
05-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Spurs could have won that game in a dozen different ways but just didn't do it...this was a good loss for the Spurs at a good time...similar to the first Denver game...despite losing this game they are still in control of the series...time to refocus and come back out playing Spurs ball...

observations from last night:

forget about free throws...the law of averages finally caught up with the Spurs...

The Big Dawg shove on Rashard was stupid but not fatal...Spurs had them back on their heels at that point and just didn't capitalize...

Collison played a good game again...he is the ONLY big on Seattle that comes even close to having a balanced game...the rest are slugs despite James 7/7...he is a one trick dunk dog that plays awful defense...

Parker was a dissapointment in the second half...too much one on one and not enough ball movement..he completely took us out of our motion offense...

Despite rumors to the contrary Manu is not indestructible...that pop he took in the mouth from Antonio without a foul called really knocked him off his game...I think it did more damage than he let on and loosened some teeth, headache, etc...he missed his first free throw from that point on for the rest of the game...a splitting headache and sore tooth can do that to you...only willpower and focus kept him in the game...you could see how he was focusing and "thinking" his second free throws after that.

The biggest mistake of the game IMHO was not pounding it in to Duncan down low in the third and fourth...We had their entire frontcourt in foul trouble going into the second half...for all the bitching about 4 down if there was ever a time to go to it last night was it...Tim was getting the calls and there was not a single Sonic player that could defend him in close without fouling...

I put this one on Pop...I know that ball movement and Parker/Manu have been our game breakers so far in these playoffs but it quit working when Tony went Boykins on us in the second half...Pop should have stopped the game and chewed Parkers ass out and gone to Duncan in the low post in the third and choked the life out of that crowd/team...we had our foot on their throats and didn't use our mismatches to shut them down...

T Park
05-13-2005, 09:21 AM
for all the bitching about 4 down if there was ever a time to go to it last night was it.

I said the EXACT same thing to Exstatic during the game last night.

ASK HIM!!! HE'LL CONFIRM IT!!!!! lol.

beirmeistr
05-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Spurs could have won that game in a dozen different ways but just didn't do it...this was a good loss for the Spurs at a good time...similar to the first Denver game...despite losing this game they are still in control of the series...time to refocus and come back out playing Spurs ball...

observations from last night:

forget about free throws...the law of averages finally caught up with the Spurs...

The Big Dawg shove on Rashard was stupid but not fatal...Spurs had them back on their heels at that point and just didn't capitalize...

Collison played a good game again...he is the ONLY big on Seattle that comes even close to having a balanced game...the rest are slugs despite James 7/7...he is a one trick dunk dog that plays awful defense...

Parker was a dissapointment in the second half...too much one on one and not enough ball movement..he completely took us out of our motion offense...

Despite rumors to the contrary Manu is not indestructible...that pop he took in the mouth from Antonio without a foul called really knocked him off his game...I think it did more damage than he let on and loosened some teeth, headache, etc...he missed his first free throw from that point on for the rest of the game...a splitting headache and sore tooth can do that to you...only willpower and focus kept him in the game...you could see how he was focusing and "thinking" his second free throws after that.

The biggest mistake of the game IMHO was not pounding it in to Duncan down low in the third and fourth...We had their entire frontcourt in foul trouble going into the second half...for all the bitching about 4 down if there was ever a time to go to it last night was it...Tim was getting the calls and there was not a single Sonic player that could defend him in close without fouling...

I put this one on Pop...I know that ball movement and Parker/Manu have been our game breakers so far in these playoffs but it quit working when Tony went Boykins on us in the second half...Pop should have stopped the game and chewed Parkers ass out and gone to Duncan in the low post in the third and choked the life out of that crowd/team...we had our foot on their throats and didn't use our mismatches to shut them down...
good post

ctpsb
05-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Cosmic Cowboy you must have read my mind this morning because my thoughts were exactly the same. The Spurs have won six in a row and things just don't break every game. It's hard to win many more that 6 or 7 in a row. However 15 missed free throws are just inexcusable.

I know many will disagree with this, but I think a loss ONCE IN A WHILE in basketball is good to get a team refocused. If we had won last night, I think the egos would have come out a little and we might not have been completely sharp for Dallas or Phoenix. And if we get that far, we are going to have to be completely ready for either of those teams.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Cosmic Cowboy you must have read my mind this morning because my thoughts were exactly the same. The Spurs have won six in a row and things just don't break every game. It's hard to win many more that 6 or 7 in a row. However 15 missed free throws are just inexcusable.

I know many will disagree with this, but I think a loss ONCE IN A WHILE in basketball is good to get a team refocused. If we had won last night, I think the egos would have come out a little and we might not have been completely sharp for Dallas or Phoenix. And if we get that far, we are going to have to be completely ready for either of those teams.

Good point. Was that the longest win streak of the season?

Obstructed_View
05-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Longest win streak was 8 games. Guess who broke it.

texbumTHElife
05-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Come on guys, Big Dog did not blow this game nor was that foul a "turning point". Basketball is a game of runs. One team makes a run and then the other counters. Regardless of what many of you think this is a very talented Seattle team and a team that took it to us twice this season. The Sonics were going to be in that game to the end just like they will be Sunday. The Spurs need to play Spurs basketball and hit their FT's, everything else will take care of itself.