PDA

View Full Version : Positives from the game

Kori Ellis
05-13-2005, 02:13 AM
Bowen owned Ray Allen in the fourth quarter.

The Sonics final play, Bowen was at his finest. He played incredible one-on-one D and Tim didn't even step up and help.

After that play, did anyone else see Ray say, "Fuck you, motherfucker" ?

OWNED!!

There's got to be more positives in this game for the Spurs ...

SpursFanDan
05-13-2005, 02:17 AM
um... freethrows..no... rebounds... no...steals...nope....assists.. yes. points in the paint.. yes. having balls...no

timvp
05-13-2005, 02:20 AM
Positives?

Spurs stayed healthy and can retaliate in game four.

SpursFanDan
05-13-2005, 02:23 AM
I agree with you Timvp, and they have alittle more motivation by fatass james comments.

Solid D
05-13-2005, 02:24 AM
The Sonics really have little reason to feel good about themselves.

The perimeter defense by the Spurs was awe-inspiring and the hustle for 48 minutes was exemplary. The Spurs had the 5th worst Opp. 3-Pt% in the regular season and now they are the best (#1) in the Playoffs. That's encouraging.

Kori Ellis
05-13-2005, 02:29 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/images/2004-2005/BKN0513_spurs12_bowen_jl.jpg

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-13-2005, 02:30 AM
Help on the pick and roll, so Jerome James doesn't look like an all-star

TMTTRIO
05-13-2005, 02:35 AM
Manu usually never misses that many free throws (especially in clutch time) and he didn't get murdered tonight :).
Bowen's defense was awesome.
Barry hit some important shots.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-13-2005, 02:35 AM

The Sonics final play, Bowen was at his finest. He played incredible one-on-one D and Tim didn't even step up and help.

OWNED!!

LOL kori are you jumping onto the official Ownage Squad?

Glad to see you looking at positive side of things.
I totally missed Ray say that....damn i wish i had heard it....oh well.

I still feel like Duncan was holding back in the first through third quarters and was waiting for the fourth....then things just went wrong as a whole. He'll store that Potential Energy and release it in G4.

Duncanoypi
05-13-2005, 02:46 AM
Its like 2003 where all series spurs won 4-2...now spurs will got it in 4-1...WCF...Spurs vs. Dallas...De javu!

Spurs vs. Denver- 4-1
Spurs vs. Sonics- 4-1
Spurs vs. Dallas- 4-1
Spurs vs. Pistons- 4-1

Destination: Finals!

Obstructed_View
05-13-2005, 02:48 AM
I thought Duncan's defense was very good, except for getting eaten alive on the pick and roll, which is probably an adjustment the Sonics should get some credit for since nobody stopped it at any point all night.

Bowen was so good I actually don't feel bad about the loss. From an entertainment standpoint I think it would have bothered me more if the Spurs won and Bowen got abused by Ray. Bowen is so in Ray's head the rest of the series will be fun to watch. I was actually hoping they would call a T on Ray when he shoved Bowen. It would have been great to tie the game on a technical that Bowen drew on Ray.

ShoogarBear
05-13-2005, 02:49 AM
The coffee smelled good.

Streakyshooter08
05-13-2005, 02:50 AM
The Spurs played bad and still lost by just 1 point... I hope they will come back fired up... It would suck if seattle would win game 4.

spursfan05
05-13-2005, 02:50 AM
another positive : tim almost breaks yao's record of getting dunked on in one game

milkyway21
05-13-2005, 03:44 AM
IT'S ABOUT TIME KORI

1. DUNCAN -only 1 turnover
2. TP- only w/ 2 turnover
3. it was NOT a blow-out road game loss(1 pt advantage)
4. Allen was held to JUST 6-23=26% FG

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img8467886.jpg
Allen trying to elude Bruce Bowen.

AFE7FATMAN
05-13-2005, 04:39 AM
The only real positive for this game is it is OVER

Horry For 3!
05-13-2005, 04:53 AM
Duncanoypi, you reading my mind? Because that is what I was thinking after the Nuggets series.

GrandeDavid
05-13-2005, 05:08 AM
The Spurs get yet another two full days of rest to get healthier and to stew about the physical play, and get up for Game 4.

Duncanoypi
05-13-2005, 05:10 AM
Duncanoypi, you reading my mind? Because that is what I was thinking after the Nuggets series.

because this is a championship mindset...

GrandeDavid
05-13-2005, 05:12 AM

OWNED!!

Yeah, Ray Allen is such a "class act". That label is so overused and abused. I think I'm gonna scrap it throw it in the heap since it has no meaning. Nowadays your ex-con garbageman is a "class act"! :rolleyes

unnosy
05-13-2005, 06:35 AM
come game four, the spurs will be making free throws with their eyes closed.
i can just see coach pop inform them :5000 free throws for all of you.
and that is on a daily basis.
watch out for timmy on sunday after he would have completed his 15,000 freethrows.
i feel sorry for the sonics.
they've already gotten their one win.
let them celebrate.

Fouled Out
05-13-2005, 06:43 AM
How do you analyse your game ?I don't give a fuck to score 18pts or dish 8asts. All I know is that I missed my FTs at the most critical time. I just hit my first 2 and then i missed my last 4. It is the kind of game where you don't get what's happening to you. It's weird. Anyway, I am very disappointed on the way we lost this game.

After the game, Jerome James said this loss would shut your mouths. How do you feel about it ?
I never answer to a big mouth. We are a classy team.We know what we have to do and we answer on the floor. I just tell him to meet us on the floor on sunday.

This is an interview of Tony Parker after the game. Let the truth be told :nope

adrien
05-13-2005, 06:47 AM
Its like 2003 where all series spurs won 4-2...now spurs will got it in 4-1...WCF...Spurs vs. Dallas...De javu!

Spurs vs. Denver- 4-1
Spurs vs. Sonics- 4-1
Spurs vs. Dallas- 4-1
Spurs vs. Pistons- 4-1

Destination: Finals!

French lesson: deja vu

I think there is still much positive about tonight = by playing so bad, we still had a chance til' the last second

CrazyOne
05-13-2005, 07:13 AM
The Spurs were in a giving mood and gave away one game. You wouldn't want the Sonics to get a complex thinking that Denver was better than them, right?

I expect the next game to be like game 2... not a blowout, but the Spurs will be in firm control all game.

The biggest positive? We didn't have to listen to the screwy announcers on TNT!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-13-2005, 07:29 AM
GSH had to eat it on Tony's FTs.

J/K. The only good thing about this (outside of Ray looking like a bitch there at the end) is that we have another one after this.

T Park
05-13-2005, 08:24 AM
Bowen was fantastic defensively in the 4th hopefully he builds on that.

Also the pick and roll D finally figured it out in the 4th, hopefully they build on that.

Other than that, Ginobili was getting to the hole but was missing shots he normally makes.

Same with Tim Duncan.

after 2 days rest, those shots will fall easily.

plus, the game being over early sunday, will really help out for tuesday.

Hopefully the Spurs can win sunday, then take care of bidness tuesday.

T Park
05-13-2005, 08:26 AM
The biggest positive? We didn't have to listen to the screwy announcers on TNT!

you will on sunday.

But, Sean was a great change of pace.

He was right also in the fact that the Spurs had a golden oppurtunity up 10 in the second quarter to bury them, and they let it get away.

he was SO right about that.

up 35-25 you HAVE to bury those fuckers.

boutons
05-13-2005, 08:43 AM
The Spurs are so good the only team that can beat them is themselves.

Seattle had some new tricks, like the p'n'r with James and beating the crap out of us on the boards, but essentially, like so many times in the season, the Spurs gave the game away to an inferior team by playing like crap. I though the Denver Game1 was the cold shower, but the Spurs can't seem to keep it up and play consistenly.

To get slaughtered on the boards (no hustle) and miss 15 FTs (a black joke) but lose by only one point shows how good the Spurs can be. Throwing in $2.50, that potential will buy you a good cup of coffee, but not a W.

Now the big pressure is on SA not to come back to SA 2-2 and start the series over again.

Jimcs50
05-13-2005, 08:48 AM
Bowen did not say Fuckyou.

He said " Oh so close, man"

Ray got pissed

Bowen is so far into Ray's head, he can see out of his eyesockets. :)

SpursWoman
05-13-2005, 08:51 AM
I still feel like Duncan was holding back in the first through third quarters and was waiting for the fourth....

I'd told User at the end of quarter #3: "I certainly hope Duncan plans on taking over in the 4th......." :fro

Positive: They've been shooting over 80% on free throws in the playoffs....no way will they pull that 50-whatever% crap again....which is exactly why they lost, IMO.

I finally had to start putting the blanket over my head every time a Spur went to the line. I just couldn't watch it anymore.

GrandeDavid
05-13-2005, 08:58 AM
^I hear ya, SpursWoman. Watching the Spurs clang free throws in big games is more painful than water torture.

unnosy
05-13-2005, 09:13 AM
sunday seems so far away.
pop must be giving them an earful now.

nkdlunch
05-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Positives: the Seattle thugs didn't seriously injure any of our Spurs, Tony Parker played great, Bowen owned Allen, a lot of tape to get the Spurs angry for next game

Ginofan
05-13-2005, 09:35 AM
My postives:

~ The B.S. chant returned...and we came out and won when that happened last series
~ Timmy is rockin' the wifebeaters, and looks oh so yummy!
~ Manu and Tony didn't get seriously injured
~ Even Jack Neis was sick and tired of Ray Allen's bitching
~ Bruce absolutely OWNED Ray Allen
~ Mrs. Holt actually keeps her knees together when wearing a skirt unlike Mrs. McMillian (I swear to God she was just all keeping them open for everyone to see! ON CAMERA!)
~ We usually bounce back strong after such a crapfest
~ No way does the TMT Triple Threat not take over in crunch time again.

leemajors
05-13-2005, 09:58 AM
i would rather listen to tnt announcers all year than hear one more word come out of brent musberger's mouth.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-13-2005, 10:18 AM

OWNED!!

:lol That was great!

Having talked a little provoking smack in my day I got the feeling that their little conversation started by Bowen saying "Nice shot" or something to that effect. Unfortunately Bruce wasn't facing the camera, but you could tell he said something to Ray as they were headed back up court prior to Ray Ray's sweet reply.

Jimcs50
05-13-2005, 10:29 AM
He said "oh so close" in a mocking manner. Tolbert said so.

Kori Ellis
05-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Bowen did not say Fuckyou.

Ray said Fuck you, Motherfucker. Who said Bowen said Fuckyou?

foodie2
05-13-2005, 10:58 AM

I think that anyone who was watching could read ol' Ray's lips on that one--it was pretty obvious. I'd give a week's salary to know what Bowen said to him to provoke that.

foodie2
05-13-2005, 11:01 AM
i would rather listen to tnt announcers all year than hear one more word come out of brent musberger's mouth.

Yes, I believe Musberger is headed for senility. He was more annoying than Ray Ray and Fatass James combined. I was about ready to mute the TV, though I hate watching that way.

Jimcs50
05-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Ray said Fuck you, Motherfucker. Who said Bowen said Fuckyou?

Oh, I thought you said Bruce said that....nevermind...

But Bruce told him what I said, that was why Ray got pissed.

This little rivalry is turning into something.

:lol

Spurminator
05-13-2005, 11:29 AM
This is like one of those movies where the sexual tension continues to build in various scenes throughout the first hour of the movie, and the audience just knows that the two love interests are about to get it on.

I can't wait to see Ray finally flip out and throw punches.

Tom_Foolery
05-13-2005, 11:31 AM

OWNED!!

Here are the positives:

Ginofan
05-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Yes, I believe Musberger is headed for senility. He was more annoying than Ray Ray and Fatass James combined. I was about ready to mute the TV, though I hate watching that way.

Totally agree!!! He sounds like he should be commentating golf instead of basketball...blah!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-13-2005, 12:32 PM
We didn't have to listen to the screwy announcers on TNT!

I would take Stephen A. Smith, Greg Anthony, and Scottie Pippen calling a game before I ever want to hear Musberger talk out of his ass again.

Spurzilla
05-13-2005, 12:35 PM
We LOL when Ray Allen lost it and said "FU" to Bruce. Other good moments:

* Ray Allen gets knocked on his butt when he tries to go to the basket and Ginobili is there.
* Spurs made more FG than the Sonics.
* Spurs can now win game 4 in Seattle, then finish them off at home so the fans can watch Seattle's season come to an end. :cry

MadDog73
05-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Did anyone mention we held one of the best 3-pt shooting teams to 2-16???

SOS, Seattle: Spurs Own Sonics! :lol

boutons
05-13-2005, 01:31 PM
"3-pt shooting teams to 2-16"

I saw the stat, but this isn't a positive, imo. Spurs shut-down the Sonics main weapon, or Sonics were just cold, and Spurs still couldn't win.

The 16 attempts is above the appx 10 attempts that the Spurs have been holding playoff teams to.

thispego
05-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Did anyone mention we held one of the best 3-pt shooting teams to 2-16???

SOS, Seattle: Spurs Own Sonics! :lol
good point

beirmeistr
05-13-2005, 01:37 PM
This way, the Spurs get a decisive victory in game 4, then close out the series at the SBC. The game can end with a modified song version of Send in the Clowns so that it now reads Send Out the Clowns, and the Spurs can rent a garbage truck from the city to carry out Trashbag james.

CosmicCowboy
05-13-2005, 01:42 PM
positives from the game?

hmmm...

well I just saved myself a bunch of money by switching to GEICO...:lol

MadDog73
05-13-2005, 01:47 PM
"3-pt shooting teams to 2-16"

I saw the stat, but this isn't a positive, imo. Spurs shut-down the Sonics main weapon, or Sonics were just cold, and Spurs still couldn't win.

The 16 attempts is above the appx 10 attempts that the Spurs have been holding playoff teams to.

Boutons, point is, the Sonics have been unable to play their game this whole series.... even when they win.

Just another fact to go into the "Spurs beat themselves" file.

Now, if Sonics come in and score 8-16 three-pointers on Sunday, then we have a problem. But so far, I see no reasons to worry about this series.

genghisrex
05-13-2005, 02:45 PM
What do you mean by the Spurs "holding" teams to 10 3PA's a game? A team can never prevent the other team from jacking up 3's, but good D can prevent most of those from going in (2-16), as can cold shooting of course.

MadDog73
05-13-2005, 02:50 PM
What do you mean by the Spurs "holding" teams to 10 3PA's a game? A team can never prevent the other team from jacking up 3's, but good D can prevent most of those from going in (2-16), as can cold shooting of course.

Excellent point, but by applying good defense you can discourage the 3-point shot, which I think is the idea Boutons was talking about.

Still, you're right, you can't force someone NOT to shoot. :lol

Hopefully, we can continue to encourage the Sonics to miss shots.

boutons
05-13-2005, 03:11 PM
The Spurs' opponents have one the best 3G %ages, but opponents attempt only about 10 3Gs a game, when the league avg is about 15 3G attempted.

If the Spurs don't "hold" the opponents to 10 3G attempts/game, WTF is stopping them from taking 15 or 25? How about Spurs' defense as the culprit?

You're fucking around with an idiom, not concepts.

violentkitten
05-13-2005, 03:21 PM
the spurs gave their fans an opportunity to showcase how little they understand about the game

MadDog73
05-13-2005, 03:35 PM
the spurs gave their fans an opportunity to showcase how little they understand about the game

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a fan, NOT a basketball expert.

Hell, I don't understand the fouls half the time, but reading this forum, I'm not alone.

So, please explain: How do you REALLY prevent 3-pointers?

E20
05-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Even though we lost the Sonics somehow managed to got owned.

violentkitten
05-13-2005, 03:37 PM
i wasnt referring to you bitch

ShoogarBear
05-13-2005, 05:29 PM
He said " Oh so close, man"
If that's really what Bruce, said, it is CLASSIC.

However, I'd want more reliable confirmation than Tolbert's word.

slayermin
05-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Don Harris calling Ray Allen out by insinuating Manu flops.

That was funny despite, though I couldn't laugh.

Supergirl
05-13-2005, 06:07 PM
The Spurs played bad and still lost by just 1 point... I hope they will come back fired up... It would suck if seattle would win game 4.

Exactly what I was going to say. If Spurs can play this bad, miss that many goddamn free throws, and STILL almost win the game - I'd say the Sonics are fucking doomed.

Spurs will dominate Game 4 and shoot a high FT percentage, and come back home and win it in 5.

milkyway21
05-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Oh, I thought you said Bruce said that....nevermind...

But Bruce told him what I said, that was why Ray got pissed.

This little rivalry is turning into something.
:loli wonder HOW can Lon Babby handle his ward?

He is the agent of these two players-Bruce & Allen aside from Tim Duncan. He shld act now. Put a RED LIGHT into this nonsense that Ray started! Enough!

Ray Allen = :idiot

Cant_Be_Faded
05-13-2005, 08:01 PM
on another positive note, i totally got to see a replay where i saw Ray mouth those expletives

pretty good stuff

what a little BITCH!!!!!