PDA

View Full Version : David Andersen Might Sign With Efes

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-11-2010, 06:05 PM
It is reported that Houston Rockets power forward David Andersen is negotiating on a contract with Turkish club Efes Pilsen.

http://www.turkbasket.com/haber/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9874:efese-iki-sueper-yldz&catid=96:efes-pilsen&Itemid=281

JMarkJohns
06-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Hahaha... I entered mistaking identity for Chris Anderson! That's the significance of David.

JamStone
06-11-2010, 06:07 PM
That's because the Houston Rockets are going to trade for Chris Bosh.

Edward
06-11-2010, 06:16 PM
And then sign D-Wade to the MLE with Joe Johnson a possible candidate for the vet's min.

Indazone
06-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Do not need David Anderson anyways. Good player but not a game changer.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-11-2010, 06:28 PM
That's because the Houston Rockets are going to trade for Chris Bosh.

Nope. They are already working on trade with Timberwolves to get Nikola Pekovic. This is why Andersen might want to leave.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Do not need David Anderson anyways. Good player but not a game changer.

He can make twice as much in Europe as Rockets pay him. If they do not play him he would have no reason to stay there.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2010, 08:52 PM
It is reported that Houston Rockets power forward David Andersen is negotiating on a contract with Turkish club Efes Pilsen.He can't. He is under contract with the Rockets for at least one more season.

Here's a link from US media that proves it.

Andersen and the Rockets have agreed to a two-year deal worth $4.8 million. The contract also includes a team option for a third year worth $2.7 million.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/090717_rockets_sign_andersen

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-11-2010, 09:12 PM
He can't. He is under contract with the Rockets for at least one more season.

Here's a link from US media that proves it.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/090717_rockets_sign_andersen

You are a fucking moron.

MI21
06-11-2010, 09:57 PM
David Andersen is shit.

Bob Lanier
06-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Maybe the Germans will buy the remainder of Anderson's contract out for him.

dallaskd
06-11-2010, 11:56 PM
who is david anderson?

ChumpDumper
06-12-2010, 02:54 AM
You are a fucking moron.I gave you a link supporting my claim.

Where's yours?

DaDakota
06-12-2010, 04:37 PM
I hope he does get let out of his contract etc.....it would free up cap room for a real NBA player.

DD

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-12-2010, 09:37 PM
I gave you a link supporting my claim.

Where's yours?

Right here

http://www.turkbasket.com/haber/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9874:efese-iki-sueper-yldz&catid=96:efes-pilsen&Itemid=281

"No player can ever get out of a NBA contract"........................:rolleyes:blah

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I hope he does get let out of his contract etc.....it would free up cap room for a real NBA player.

DD

He is good enough to play in NBA as a PF the position he played in Europe. He was never good enough in defense and rebounding or strong enough to play C in Europe but Rockets thing he can play there in NBA?:downspin::lol

Bob Lanier
06-12-2010, 09:43 PM
The Greeks broke their contract to the Turks and now they're owned by the Germans. Similarly, getting out of the NBA is never a good thing for your career.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-12-2010, 09:54 PM
The Greeks broke their contract to the Turks and now they're owned by the Germans. Similarly, getting out of the NBA is never a good thing for your career.

He can earn twice as much or more in Europe. So actually NBA is bad for his career.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Right here

"No player can ever get out of a NBA contract"........................:rolleyes:blahI never said never. Andersen would have to be waived or bought out before he could sign any contract with any other team. That is at the sole discretion of the Houston Rockets, who are under no obligation to do so. Andersen simply can't leave unless the Rockets allow it.

Now, if Andersen is a pussy who can't handle the level of play in the NBA like Spanoulis was a pussy who couldn't handle the level of play in the NBA, the Rockets would do well to let him out of his contract just as the Spurs got rid of Spanoulis.

Having nothing was better than having Spanoulis.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-14-2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.talkbasket.net/news/efes-interested-in-andersen-3106.html

David Andersen obviously did not find the playing time he was looking for in the NBA (14.1 minutes) and is reported to be entertaining thoughts of returning to Europe despite still having one year left in his contract with the Houston Rockets.

One of the first teams to be reported to have shown interest in the 29-year old Australian is Efes Pilsen who is also targetting Terrell McIntyre. Of course there is nothing concrete right now as it is also expected that many teams will show interest in those two players.

Andersen averaged 5.8 points and 3.3 rebounds in the last NBA campaign with the Rockets.

manufan10
06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Who?

The Franchise
06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
I never said never. Andersen would have to be waived or bought out before he could sign any contract with any other team. That is at the sole discretion of the Houston Rockets, who are under no obligation to do so. Andersen simply can't leave unless the Rockets allow it.

Now, if Andersen is a pussy who can't handle the level of play in the NBA like Spanoulis was a pussy who couldn't handle the level of play in the NBA, the Rockets would do well to let him out of his contract just as the Spurs got rid of Spanoulis.

Having nothing was better than having Spanoulis.

He wasn't a crybaby like Spanoulis but his defense was too terrible to remain on court. He was useful at times on offense, but his defense was horrible against even below average NBA talent. It would be nothing short of a miracle if the Rockets could somehow pawn him off on a sucker willing to save us from his contract.

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2010, 03:11 PM
dude is fkn shit

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-14-2010, 06:16 PM
He wasn't a crybaby like Spanoulis but his defense was too terrible to remain on court. He was useful at times on offense, but his defense was horrible against even below average NBA talent. It would be nothing short of a miracle if the Rockets could somehow pawn him off on a sucker willing to save us from his contract.

He played PF in Europe where his defense and rebounding was below average for a PF. But Rockets force him to play C in NBA. You should blame your coach for being a moron.

The Franchise
06-14-2010, 10:15 PM
He played PF in Europe where his defense and rebounding was below average for a PF. But Rockets force him to play C in NBA. You should blame your coach for being a moron.

So you openly admit that you didn't watch him play as a Rocket. Had you watched you may have seen that he played at pf as well and was raped just as thoroughly at that position. He was so pathetic that he was beaten out by a rookie that played just a little over 200 minutes in the entire first half of the season. Are you sure you were watching the Rockets? Be honest William, how many Rocket games did you catch this season?

Roxsfan
06-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Once DA adjusted to the NBA 3 Pt line, he spread the floor with the 3. He is not built to bang down low and be a lock down defender. He can block some shots, clog the lane, get some rebounds, hit the 3 and the mid range J, can hit his FTs, and play intelligent, passionate ball-----heck, he even can get some nice dunks on the run. I like him and wish him the best. I think that unless you are an all star, people just won't respect a Euro player...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRaSP6J9AmA&feature=player_embedded

eisfeld
06-15-2010, 12:24 AM
ChumpDumper vs. KBP --> Damn, that never gets old :tu

and btw. Chump is right. No negotiations till the Rockets agree, it's as simple as it gets. Guess what, T-Wolves want Rubio and offer a contract too - but well he won't come this season. So it's nothing but a team which wants a player but have no legal obligation to sign him til his current team releases him.

I know economy in Greece is a bit different from other countries but hey breaking rules, contracts and supporting the black market does not work in every country.