PDA

View Full Version : Is it true? WH stalling the cleanup?

Wild Cobra
06-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I just heard that residents are not allowed to cleanup the beaches of the tar balls. Why does this administration want no cleanup?

ElNono
06-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm surprised you're not asking for more evidence... :rolleyes

Wild Cobra
06-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Yes, I would appreciate more evidence, but isn't me posing it as a question good enough for you?

I believe it is true, but I haven't seen good enough evidence you. From what little I have discovered, it's because of how government bureaucracy and regulations works. Apparently you have to be HAZMAT licensed. Citizens can be charged for cleaning up their own local beaches.

ElNono
06-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Did this administration install the HAZMAT licensing requirement?

Vici
06-12-2010, 12:46 AM
If I were President I would restrict cleanup until we could ensure that it is done in a proper way. The oil is extremely toxic and needs to be handled as such.

Marklar MM
06-12-2010, 01:34 AM
In local news, citizen helping rid beaches of toxic oil ignites largest blaze in world history as he lights cigarette and slips.

boutons_deux
06-12-2010, 07:30 AM
"just heard"

so it's HEARsay. How do you spin it, O Great Spinner?

jack sommerset
06-12-2010, 09:49 AM
LOL@ Obama

Oh, Gee!!
06-12-2010, 09:56 AM
what residents? where? who's not allowing "them" to cleanup? link?

Wild Cobra
06-12-2010, 10:21 AM
If I were President I would restrict cleanup until we could ensure that it is done in a proper way. The oil is extremely toxic and needs to be handled as such.
Hmmm...

I can change my motor oil without HAZMAT gear, just how dangerous is it?

Wild Cobra
06-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Did this administration install the HAZMAT licensing requirement?
I don't know, but who's making the hay about enforcing it?

Here's a concept...

How about enforcing other laws like against illegal aliens?

Don't you think it's stupid to enforce a law that was probably meant for something else, not considering such possible need for anyone to clean it?

If I were a betting man, I would bet it was put in place by democrats to give their union buddies one more thing to control labor with. That's just an educated guess though.

ChumpDumper
06-12-2010, 11:52 AM

Here's a concept...

Don't you think it's stupid to enforce a law that was probably meant for something else, not considering such possible need for anyone to clean it?

If I were a betting man, I would bet it was put in place by democrats to give their union buddies one more thing to control labor with. That's just an educated guess though.:lmao

Damn, you're an idiot.

Stringer_Bell
06-12-2010, 04:08 PM

Here's a concept...

If I were a betting man, I would bet it was put in place by democrats to give their union buddies one more thing to control labor with. That's just an educated guess though.

Only complete mental invalids would believe for a second that our illegal immigration laws could be enforced with the abundence and dependence corporations have on the illegal immigrant population. Furthermore, we need to get a better grasp on the number of actual illegals in this country rather than pretend like it's a simple matter of "enforcement" when all the corruption brought about by the capitalist mentality of using cheap sources of labor and production to save money prevent it from happening. :greedy

If I were a betting man, I'd say if the Feds ask people not to touch the oil because of HAZMAT stuff...it's cuz the people handling the oil get sick and the government doesn't want people to get sick then file lawsuits as a result of handling contaminated materials...that's IF I was a betting man, and what you "heard" is true.

greyforest
06-12-2010, 05:58 PM
could be a safety issue or a keeping BP from getting more sued if someone gets hurt issue

RoddyBukkake
06-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Oilbama needs this to turn into the worst environmental disaster in world history if he wants to get his cap and trade tax passed.

DMX7
06-12-2010, 07:13 PM
could be a safety issue or a keeping BP from getting more sued if someone gets hurt issue

And this couldn't be more obvious, but not to WildDumbass.

Wild Cobra
06-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Oilbama needs this to turn into the worst environmental disaster in world history if he wants to get his cap and trade tax passed.
No kidding. can't let the world see how easy it is to clean up.

Wild Cobra
06-12-2010, 09:40 PM
And this couldn't be more obvious, but not to WildDumbass.
They say you're better known for the enemies you have. Thank you.

Winehole23
06-13-2010, 04:43 AM
If you fish for enemies, you may catch a few.