PDA

View Full Version : Worrysome Boarder Invasions

Wild Cobra
06-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Here's an interesting site some of you may want to wander through the various links.

Armed and unarmed border incursions documented (http://www.borderinvasionpics.com/index.html)

FromWayDowntown
06-11-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't know . . . . the one I'm really worried about is the kid whose mother brought him to the United States when he was 4, who graduated as valedictorian of his class, has successfully completed his first year at Harvard, and now faces deportation. It's border encroachments like that one that we should be expending our resources trying to deter (and prosecuting when they're uncovered).

Really, the lack of a solid immigration policy to deport these sorts of drains on American society that worry me the most.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/highlands_valedictorian_could_face_deportation_961 91974.html

FromWayDowntown
06-12-2010, 12:11 AM
I don't know . . . . the one I'm really worried about is the kid whose mother brought him to the United States when he was 4, who graduated as valedictorian of his class, has successfully completed his first year at Harvard, and now faces deportation. It's border encroachments like that one that we should be expending our resources trying to deter (and prosecuting when they're uncovered).

Really, the lack of a solid immigration policy to deport these sorts of drains on American society that worry me the most.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/highlands_valedictorian_could_face_deportation_961 91974.html

It is a relief to know that this is exactly the sort of scumbag that Arizona's law will catch and punish!

ducks
06-12-2010, 12:19 AM
thousands of stories the other way fromwaydowntown!

since he was doing well in school it justifies he BROKE THE LAW which is against all whole united states not just az YOU THINK IT IS OK?
if I went to another country illegally and was doing well in school they would careless and throw me in jail! and throw the key away

I do not get way people think if someone does wrong and is not doing know wrong it is ok and should just not even get a slap on the wrist

why have laws if people do not have to obey them
I know the income tax law is legal in the USA
they are so many laws people break why even bother having them
people do not want to enforce them anyhow

ducks
06-12-2010, 12:21 AM
It is a relief to know that this is exactly the sort of scumbag that Arizona's law will catch and punish!

I guess since it was not 3 hours from you that the illegal person crossing shot a rancher trying to support his family is ok

boutons_deux
06-12-2010, 08:27 AM
"illegal person crossing shot a rancher trying to support his family"

do you have proof of what the illegal was trying to do?

any other possibilities? like doing business moving illegals and/or drugs rather than going to get work in the US?

MiamiHeat
06-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Boarder?

MiamiHeat
06-12-2010, 09:05 AM

Those scholarships were stolen from an AMERICAN CITIZEN.

Some other kid missed out on a scholarship because of this thieving family.

If you let him stay, you set a precedent where it's OK to break the law, etc.

You have to be tough, and sometimes, life is unfair. Fuck it. He has to go back to mexico.

Wild Cobra
06-12-2010, 10:31 AM

I agree it's unfair to the children. But it's their parents that do it to them.

think about how good a job he can get in Mexico, or where ever he's from with even a year at Harvard. This kid ain't hurting for a future.

Immigration needs to be controlled. We cannot just let anyone who can cheat the system be here. We want the hard working immigrants here, but not those who violate out laws to do so. If we got a handle and made it impossible for illegal immigrants to get a job, then we could increase the immigration quota's for legal immigration.

Wild Cobra
06-12-2010, 10:33 AM
thousands of stories the other way fromwaydowntown!

since he was doing well in school it justifies he BROKE THE LAW which is against all whole united states not just az YOU THINK IT IS OK?
if I went to another country illegally and was doing well in school they would careless and throw me in jail! and throw the key away

I do not get way people think if someone does wrong and is not doing know wrong it is ok and should just not even get a slap on the wrist

why have laws if people do not have to obey them
I know the income tax law is legal in the USA
they are so many laws people break why even bother having them
people do not want to enforce them anyhow
No kidding.

I wonder how long an illegal immigrant into Puru might spend in one of their luxurious jails?

FromWayDowntown
06-12-2010, 11:21 AM
This kid ain't hurting for a future.

Imagine the good he could do in this country if he graduates from Harvard.

Immigration needs to be controlled. We cannot just let anyone who can cheat the system be here. We want the hard working immigrants here, but not those who violate out laws to do so. If we got a handle and made it impossible for illegal immigrants to get a job, then we could increase the immigration quota's for legal immigration.

Sensible immigration policies are defensible to me. I don't consider the deportation of a person with this kid's tremendous history to be a particularly sensible immigration policy however. I absolutely don't think this is a one-size-fits-all problem with a one-size-fits-all solution. This kid has literally done nothing wrong -- unless you think he was somehow obligated to return to Mexico upon reaching the age of majority or some nonsensical thing like that. To punish him -- and to diminish our own society in the process -- because his parents didn't complete the right paperwork 16 years ago seems absolutely ridiculous to me.

He's a credit to the American ideal, not a blight on it.

ducks
06-12-2010, 12:59 PM
"illegal person crossing shot a rancher trying to support his family"

do you have proof of what the illegal was trying to do?

any other possibilities? like doing business moving illegals and/or drugs rather than going to get work in the US?

yes I have proof

ducks
06-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Imagine the good he could do in this country if he graduates from Harvard.

Sensible immigration policies are defensible to me. I don't consider the deportation of a person with this kid's tremendous history to be a particularly sensible immigration policy however. I absolutely don't think this is a one-size-fits-all problem with a one-size-fits-all solution. This kid has literally done nothing wrong -- unless you think he was somehow obligated to return to Mexico upon reaching the age of majority or some nonsensical thing like that. To punish him -- and to diminish our own society in the process -- because his parents didn't complete the right paperwork 16 years ago seems absolutely ridiculous to me.

just because you graduate from havward does not make you a good person
I have seen grad student have no common sence and a bad person who gets in trouble with the law

the kid already thinks he is above the law

George Gervin's Afro
06-12-2010, 02:34 PM
just because you graduate from havward does not make you a good person
I have seen grad student have no common sence and a bad person who gets in trouble with the law

the kid already thinks he is above the law

just a dedicated hard working person who has proven they can perservere and succeed in America's top university...but,but,but he could still be bad..

Yonivore
06-12-2010, 02:54 PM
just a dedicated hard working person who has proven they can perservere and succeed in America's top university...but,but,but he could still be bad..
Can he apply for a student visa to return and complete his education?

Wild Cobra
06-12-2010, 04:05 PM

I agree with here with one exception. As it stands, unless people see punishment for illegal activity, they will continue to break the law.

ducks
06-12-2010, 05:56 PM

I have seen hard working people go bad
and some people school is easy and not hard
I know people who get b and a sometimes without studying at home
and just even all the way up to doctor degrees

MiamiHeat
06-12-2010, 08:13 PM
FromWayDownTown, and GervinAfro,

you both lack the strength to do what is required.

You both agree illegal immigration is wrong, and that it hurts the country and exposes it to danger when we have no control of our border.

Yet on the other hand, you lack the will and strength to support deporting those who have broken the law.

Justifications are not enough. Life is unfair sometimes, but you cannot allow yourself to set precedents where others can point to and say "Well, he wasn't deported, so why should I be!"

You have to be stern and draw a line.

Wild Cobra
06-12-2010, 09:42 PM

You both agree illegal immigration is wrong, and that it hurts the country and exposes it to danger when we have no control of our border.

Yet on the other hand, you lack the will and strength to support deporting those who have broken the law.

Justifications are not enough. Life is unfair sometimes, but you cannot allow yourself to set precedents where others can point to and say "Well, he wasn't deported, so why should I be!"

Well said. Once they are in the public eye, have to follow the law, or have it even more blatantly ignored.

Yonivore
06-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Again, I ask because I truly don't know; could this guy apply for a student visa and return to complete his Harvard degree?

Wild Cobra
06-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Again, I ask because I truly don't know; could this guy apply for a student visa and return to complete his Harvard degree?
He probably could. There are immigration previsions that would keep most who entered illegally from being eligible, but you can always work an exception to policy. Since he was a child, and the the crime wasn't his, I can see him easily getting a student visa.

Yonivore
06-12-2010, 09:52 PM
He probably could. There are immigration previsions that would keep most who entered illegally from being eligible, but you can always work an exception to policy. Since he was a child, and the the crime wasn't his, I can see him easily getting a student visa.
Then, why all the moaning?

English teacher
06-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Boarder?
and Worrysome?

2 out of 3 wrong

EmptyMan
06-13-2010, 11:26 AM
The border question is why must one really cross the broader.

boutons_deux
06-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Corps and small businesses depend on exploiting illegal immigrants, so the border won't be closed, and the illegal immigration problem won't be solved, because if the Dems put together illegal immigration bill, the Repugs,esp the filibuster-everything Senate, will block it, and esp if the Dems proposal comes up before the mid-terms.

word
06-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Here's an interesting site some of you may want to wander through the various links.

Armed and unarmed border incursions documented (http://www.borderinvasionpics.com/index.html)

I think I saw my neighbor in one of those videos !

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 09:58 AM

Do you really think we should go back to the days of punishing youth for something their parents did?

How would you like to be tossed in jail because your father was a drug addict?

This individual had NO control over the situation. He didn't have the option of leaving the country, and he worked as hard as he could to secure his future here. I wouldn't take that away from him because of the choices his parents made. That's just lunacy.