PDA

View Full Version : What kind of reffing can we expect for Game 5?

Fabbs
06-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Refs gonna come to the aid of the Lakers as usual?

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 02:24 PM

I'd give my left nut for such an aid, Fabbs.

z0sa
06-12-2010, 02:27 PM
It's been equally shitty on both sides thus far, so that's all I'm expecting.

Fabbs
06-12-2010, 02:31 PM
It's been equally shitty on both sides thus far, so that's all I'm expecting.
Naw, clearly 2-1 Lakers.
Gm 1 obviously a Kobe sniffing.
Gm 2 favored Boston.
Gm 3 back to Kobe and Laker sniffing (Celts still choked).
Gm 4 the one and only even game.

Donaghys breakdowns have been accurate.

Roddy Beaubois
06-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Damn how I wish basketball wasn't like this.

LakasRool4eva
06-12-2010, 02:38 PM
lakas cant ever expect favors from the reffs.............gotta just rely on skill & time in the gym to win this 1.......

mavsfan1000
06-12-2010, 02:41 PM
It will heavily favor the Lakers. Some loud booing coming from the crowd.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 02:43 PM
It will heavily favor the Lakers. Some loud booing coming from the crowd.

I'd be eternally grateful.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-12-2010, 02:58 PM
lakas cant ever expect favors from the reffs.............gotta just rely on skill & time in the gym to win this 1.......

Judging by the picture in your avatar it's pretty hilarious you talk so much about spending time in the gym.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Where the fuck were you yesterday, Duncan? You stood me up, asshole. That's 150 mile turnaround, jagoff.

The Franchise
06-12-2010, 03:03 PM

Of course.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Where the fuck were you yesterday, Duncan? You stood me up, asshole. That's 150 mile turnaround, jagoff.

I was gonna ask you the same thing, I was there from 2 to 2:15, I figured you didn't show.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 03:09 PM
BS, Duncan.

If that food wasn't worth the trip, you'd never hear the end of it, asshole.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-12-2010, 03:11 PM
BS, Duncan.

If that food wasn't worth the trip, you'd never hear the end of it, asshole.

I'm not lying at all Cully, I was there from 2 to 2:15, I looked like an idiot standing around trying to figure out if you were there.

Fabbs
06-12-2010, 03:11 PM
^^ get a room Multitrolls.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-12-2010, 03:12 PM
^^ get a room Multitrolls.

Why don't you come up with some more retarded nicknames?

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm not lying at all Cully, I was there from 2 to 2:15, I looked like an idiot standing around trying to figure out if you were there.

Ok, what's the the layout inside?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Ok, what's the the layout inside?

It's a crammed ass parking lot and the place is next to a tattoo parlor and some pirate themed bar/restaurant type place. There a few stools and tables outside. When you walk in, you turn to the right, you order the burger, they make it in front of you, and then you pay, and you sit at whatever table is open, there's no hostess seating you or anything.

Fabbs
06-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Why don't you come up with some more retarded nicknames?
Cornhole1 and Cornhole2 making plans to meet on Spurstalk when they (he? it?) allegedly meet in real life? :lol

Done.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 03:38 PM
It's a crammed ass parking lot and the place is next to a tattoo parlor and some pirate themed bar/restaurant type place. There a few stools and tables outside. When you walk in, you turn to the right, you order the burger, they make it in front of you, and then you pay, and you sit at whatever table is open, there's no hostess seating you or anything.

The I don't know htf I missed you. I got there at 2:05 sharp, went inside and looked for a squirt in a green shirt and cargo shorts. I even asked the cashier if he saw such a person. His answer: "Is he retarded?". I said "no, asshole, he's not retarded, just slow."

Just for information: does your hair look like a golden haired brillo pad?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-12-2010, 03:49 PM
The I don't know htf I missed you. I got there at 2:05 sharp, went inside and looked for a squirt in a green shirt and cargo shorts. I even asked the cashier if he saw such a person. His answer: "Is he retarded?". I said "no, asshole, he's not retarded, just slow."

Just for information: does your hair look like a golden haired brillo pad?

Na i have brown hair, cut really short. If that's what a "golden haired brillo pad" is then I guess that's what my hair looks like :lol

Did you go in before or after that Mesa basketball team did?

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Na i have brown hair, cut really short. If that's what a "golden haired brillo pad" is then I guess that's what my hair looks like :lol

Did you go in before or after that Mesa basketball team did?

I think I came in when they were in line. The woman that was with them had a terrific ass and she sat right in front of me, kept getting up and down, bending over. My God.

LakasRool4eva
06-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Judging by the picture in your avatar it's pretty hilarious you talk so much about spending time in the gym.
to bad its not even me in da pic..............nice try tho......now get back in da gym & work on ya game.....................

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-12-2010, 05:30 PM
to bad its not even me in da pic..............nice try tho......now get back in da gym & work on ya game.....................

So much unintentional comedy with this guy, have your parents ever considered a post birth abortion?

Roddy Beaubois
06-12-2010, 05:36 PM
So much unintentional comedy with this guy

LakasRool4eva isn't a troll? Looking at his sig I thought he was.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-12-2010, 05:38 PM
For awhile I thought he was IronMexican but no I think he's just a douche stained Lakers fan.

clippasrool4eva
06-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Everyone knows da clippas r da team dat rools 4eva!

silverblk mystix
06-12-2010, 06:25 PM
#1) Gasoft will shoot between 12-15 free throws most on phantom calls

#2) Whomever is guarding kobe will be in foul trouble

#3) If Bynum is struggling or ineffective---and the lakers appear to be in trouble---that will be it for perkins and/or Sheed---they will get their 7th tech to be out for the next game to offset the lakers missing bynum

#4) Artest & Fisher will be allowed to literally ride atop Allen & Pierce without being called

the NBA ...where Sterns henchmen happen...

RoddyBukkake
06-12-2010, 06:44 PM
pro boston

TD 21
06-12-2010, 07:39 PM
#1) Gasoft will shoot between 12-15 free throws most on phantom calls

#2) Whomever is guarding kobe will be in foul trouble

#3) If Bynum is struggling or ineffective---and the lakers appear to be in trouble---that will be it for perkins and/or Sheed---they will get their 7th tech to be out for the next game to offset the lakers missing bynum

#4) Artest & Fisher will be allowed to literally ride atop Allen & Pierce without being called

the NBA ...where Sterns henchmen happen...

I could see this all taking place (#1 is a given) and given the Lakers history, if it does, no one should be the least bit surprised, but at the same time, even though the World Cup has started, this series has been a ratings bonanza for the league, so there would be no reason for them to not want it to go seven games and the best chance of that happening is if the Celtics win game five.

Would they want the Lakers pushed to the brink? Not ordinarily, but this is the Finals. There is no other round or bigger stage for them to play on, so future ratings (in terms of having a broad audience for the Conference Finals and Finals) plays no part at this point.

So what other incentive is their for the league to want the Lakers to win? There's legacy. Do they want the Lakers to be mentioned as the greatest franchise in the history of the league or Bryant to be mentioned alongside Jordan? Because if they win, each of those things get's closer to happening (even if the latter would still be ridiculous). The former, I don't think they really care about. The latter, my guess is they'd prefer not.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 07:52 PM
So what other incentive is their for the league to want the Lakers to win? There's legacy. Do they want the Lakers to be mentioned as the greatest franchise in the history of the league or Bryant to be mentioned alongside Jordan? Because if they win, each of those things get's closer to happening (even if the latter would still be ridiculous). The former, I don't think they really care about. >>>>>>The latter, my guess is they'd prefer not.<<<<<<

F'in, eh. The league wants no part of Bryant in the same (legitimate) conversation with MJ. Yes, he can stand outside with his hot little nose pressed up against the window like he is now, but, they don't want him inside with MJ.

No.

easy7
06-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Whomever wins game 5 wins the whole giant dildo. So we will see tomorrow who the NBA has picked.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Whomever wins game 5 wins the whole giant dildo. So we will see tomorrow who the NBA has picked.

DPG volunteered to go over to Luva's house tonite to polish the giant dildo. Jammie is jealous of DPG.

TD 21
06-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I disagree. If the Celtics win tomorrow, they're still not assured of winning the series, particularly if Bynum is able to give the Lakers anything. If he's completely useless the rest of the way, then it's the Celtics series to lose, particularly if they win game five.

I think the disparity between the two teams is greater than many believe. It's not gargantuan, but at the same time it's a struggle for the Celtics just to consistently stay in games, let alone get and maintain leads.

Bynum or no Bynum, if the Lakers lose this series with the two best players in the series and home court, including the potential final two games at home, then this historically impacts Bryant's (and to a lesser extent, Gasol's) standing. If winning it supposedly positively impacts Bryant's standing historically, then it's only fair that losing do the opposite.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 08:26 PM
if the Lakers lose this series with the two best players in the series and home court, including the potential final two games at home, then this historically impacts Bryant's (and to a lesser extent, Gasol's) standing. If winning it supposedly positively impacts Bryant's standing historically, then it's only fair that losing do the opposite.

That's fair, cept you have to stipulate to either taking out "supposedly" for the positive impact, OR, put it in for the both impacts.

Ginobili2Duncan
06-12-2010, 08:26 PM
This series is guaranteed to go at least 6 games, so the league got what they wanted, a long series. I actually think the game tommorrow will be called a lot less tight than the other 4 games.

TD 21
06-12-2010, 08:31 PM
That's fair, cept you have to stipulate to either taking out "supposedly" for the positive impact, OR, put it in for the both impacts.

Supposedly because others think it will; I don't.

In terms of negatively, I don't see the argument for how it could not. This would be 3 Finals losses in his last 4 Finals. All 4 of those times his team was favored, 3 times they were heavily favored and it's not like he played out of his mind yet still lost. He stunk in '04 and '08, was good, but not great, in '09 and in '10, to this point, he's been up and down.

Giuseppe
06-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Supposedly because others think it will; I don't.

Oh. I stand corrected. You were talking for others.

Fabbs
06-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Wow! Gm 5 called fairly.

silverblk mystix, TD 21, Ginobili2Duncan, could we even possibly see a fairly reffed Game 6 also? Or book it for the Kobees? easy7 i would no way say the Celts have it wrapped up.

In a game 5 with many twists and turns, i thought a couple huge correct calls were 1. When Ray Allen posted and shot vs Faggy Fisher. Ray did bump him, but just your normal tap that Kobme does 3Xs as hard every time he is bodily contested. On que Swisher tried his queen act, even lying on the floor acting stunned/injured like he usually queens up. No call! :toast:toast

2. Gasoft cleverly but nonetheless obviously shoved Big Baby (or Perkins) on the missed Laker foul shot. Late, like 87-82 with only a minute or so to go. Lakers got the rebound as Gasoft was able to tip it back and then Kombe did a nice job of tapping it to Artest for the would-be bogus possession. But ref caught Gasol and rang him up. Good call, one the Flamers are definitely used to banking on.

silverblk mystix
06-13-2010, 10:47 PM
I am a bit surprised it was a fairly evenly reffed game---it is Boston's series to lose now--

* Gm 6 will be heavily influenced by the refs--lakers will get ALL the calls

* IF---celts lose---I HOPE they ---AT LEAST---don't get perkins/sheed t'd up...because

* in a game 7--if perkins is still available---he can play his REGULAR game and manhandle gasoft---WITHOUT---fearing the refs or holding back---THIS should be enough for the celtics to win the title...

* if the lakers---get---the calls, perkins/sheed t'd up, AND win game 6---it would be disastrous for the celtics---BUT IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ANYONE!

Giuseppe
06-13-2010, 10:49 PM
I am a bit surprised it was a fairly evenly reffed game---it is Boston's series to lose now--

* IF---celts lose---I HOPE they ---AT LEAST---don't get perkins/sheed t'd up...because

* in a game 7--if perkins is still available---he can play his REGULAR game and manhandle gasoft---WITHOUT---fearing the refs or holding back---THIS should be enough for the celtics to win the title...

* if the lakers---get---the calls, perkins/sheed t'd up, AND win game 6---it would be disastrous for the celtics---BUT IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ANYONE!

You'll still have the Suns parked in your ass, 4-0.

LakerHater
06-13-2010, 10:50 PM

all da celebritys love da Lakas 4 a reason!!!
http://extratv.warnerbros.com/images/topstories/0918kardashian.jpg

Your sig is funny :lol

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/photo_images/775744/86775_NBA_Finals_Lakers_Celtics_Basketball.jpg

silverblk mystix
06-13-2010, 10:53 PM

but...I think it has been mentioned before...but

LAKERS LOST TONIGHT!!!!!:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lm ao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lm ao:lmao:lmao:lmao

TD 21
06-13-2010, 10:57 PM

You've got it covered.

I'll say this about Perkins/Wallace and the technical situation: there's no way the league wants to have either suspended for a potential game seven. Not only would the officiating/rule, which is constantly questioned, be ripped to shreds, but if the Lakers won in game seven with either of those two not playing because they were suspended for reaching a technical limit, the league would be scrutinized to no end.

Particularly because it would benefit the Lakers, the team who many have (correctly) claimed has benefited over the years like no other when it comes to officiating. Perkins/Wallace would have to go ape shit to pick up a technical.

MavDynasty
06-13-2010, 10:58 PM

lol pedophile living thru other teams

go fuck some kids you ugly piece of shit

mavsfan1000
06-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Some bad calls in the 4th quarter but not bad enough to cause the Celtics the game. In summary, better reffing than I expected.