PDA

View Full Version : The S@*t's Starting to Pile Up!

Yonivore
06-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Friends in High Places (http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/friends-high-places)

The Obama Justice Department went to bat for the New Black Panther party—and then covered it up.

“With Adams’s resignation and letter, a clearer picture is finally emerging of what led to the dismissal of the case, the actions of DoJ political appointees, the department’s misrepresentations about the case, and the Obama administration’s approach to civil rights enforcement.”

MiamiHeat
06-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Non-issue.

Yonivore
06-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Non-issue.
Of course.

InRareForm
06-12-2010, 09:18 PM
I ain't reading 5 pages on that shit. Much more important stuff to read.

Stringer_Bell
06-12-2010, 10:48 PM
The New Black Panther Party is clearly a fraternal organization dedicated to the development of Black leadership in the community, similar to the New Ku Klux Klan.

Ya'll just can't let the past be the past. :(

Yonivore
06-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Former Justice Department Lawyer Accuses Holder of Dropping New Black Panther Case for Racial Reasons (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/30/justice-dept-lawyer-accuses-holder-dropping-new-black-panther-case-political/)

ElNono
06-30-2010, 08:04 PM
This shit was on Fox News all day today... the DOJ should be sued and we should see what really transpired there...

Yonivore
06-30-2010, 08:09 PM
This shit was on Fox News all day today... the DOJ should be sued and we should see what really transpired there...
Should have been on all the networks and, yes, Holder's DOJ needs some auditing...

ElNono
06-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Should have been on all the networks and, yes, Holder's DOJ needs some auditing...

I'm sure it will be if the allegations are proven true. Right now, we have a case dismissed and a bunch of guys claiming it was done for X reason.

Yonivore
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm sure it will be if the allegations are proven true. Right now, we have a case dismissed and a bunch of guys claiming it was done for X reason.
Career DOJ attorneys were ordered to request a dismissal on a case they'd already won -- by political appointees.

ElNono
06-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Career DOJ attorneys were ordered to request a dismissal on a case they'd already won -- by political appointees.

Or so they say. I'm all for taking a look at the internal memos. Then again, even if true, it doesn't mean it's not a relatively common occurrence on this and other administrations. Do you remember the firing of prosecutors, allegedly for political motives?

Fear not, should the republicans win the legislative in november, they should be able to call for as many informative sessions as they want.

Yonivore
06-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Or so they say. I'm all for taking a look at the internal memos. Then again, even if true, it doesn't mean it's not a relatively common occurrence on this and other administrations. Do you remember the firing of prosecutors, allegedly for political motives?

Fear not, should the republicans win the legislative in november, they should be able to call for as many informative sessions as they want.

No, they don't say.

A court of competent jurisdiction entered a default judgment against the New Black Panther Party because they failed to show for trial. That's a fact, not heresay.

Career DOJ attorneys were ordered to seek a dismissal after President Barack Obama took office, reportedly by political appointees coming into the agency with Eric Holder.

And, Federal Prosecutors serve at the pleasure of the President. There's a big difference between firing a federal prosecutor and throwing away a legitimately won court case.

ElNono
06-30-2010, 09:18 PM
No, they don't say.

A court of competent jurisdiction entered a default judgment against the New Black Panther Party because they failed to show for trial. That's a fact, not heresay.

Career DOJ attorneys were ordered to seek a dismissal after President Barack Obama took office, reportedly by political appointees coming into the agency with Eric Holder.

I'm not arguing that the case was won. The 'reportedly' part is exactly what I'm talking about. Let's see the internal memos and then we can discuss any wrongdoing.

And, Federal Prosecutors serve at the pleasure of the President. There's a big difference between firing a federal prosecutor and throwing away a legitimately won court case.

That's an Alberto Gonzalez quote, which I'm not surprised you bring up, lol.
Firing career US attorneys over political favors, or lack of them is exactly the same thing. In that case, there was actually a investigation and report by the Justice Department Inspector General, which found:

...that the process used to fire the first seven attorneys and two others dismissed around the same time was "arbitrary", "fundamentally flawed", and "raised doubts about the integrity of Department prosecution decisions".

Don't get me wrong. I despise the fact that politics can and will preclude the proper functioning of the judiciary, in both cases.

Yonivore
06-30-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm not arguing that the case was won. The 'reportedly' part is exactly what I'm talking about. Let's see the internal memos and then we can discuss any wrongdoing.
D'okie dokie.

That's an Alberto Gonzalez quote, which I'm not surprised you bring up, lol.

Firing career US attorneys over political favors, or lack of them is exactly the same thing. In that case, there was actually a investigation and report by the Justice Department Inspector General, which found:

...that the process used to fire the first seven attorneys and two others dismissed around the same time was "arbitrary", "fundamentally flawed", and "raised doubts about the integrity of Department prosecution decisions".

Don't get me wrong. I despise the fact that politics can and will preclude the proper functioning of the judiciary, in both cases.
U. S. Attorneys are not "career" employees.

President Clinton fired them all when he took office. Some suspected it was a massacre to hide the fact he wanted to get rid of the Arkansas U. S. Attorney who was hot on his tail for some crime. But, regardless, I think his firings could have similarly found to have been "arbitrary" and "fundamentally flawed," if anyone had bothered to care.

Fact is, U. S. Attorneys serve at the pleasure of the President. "Arbitrary," and "flawed" are within the bounds of the President's prerogative on the matter.

What's happened with the New Black Panther case is a different matter, altogether.

ElNono
06-30-2010, 09:45 PM
President Clinton fired them all when he took office. Some suspected it was a massacre to hide the fact he wanted to get rid of the Arkansas U. S. Attorney who was hot on his tail for some crime. But, regardless, I think his firings could have similarly found to have been "arbitrary" and "fundamentally flawed," if anyone had bothered to care.

All the fired US Attorneys were actually appointed by the Bush administration and confirmed by the senate. That part is not really new. Most every administration replaces them when they assume command, and so did Bush.

Fact is, U. S. Attorneys serve at the pleasure of the President. "Arbitrary," and "flawed" are within the bounds of the President's prerogative on the matter.

US Attorneys are merely appointed by the President. Since they wield an incredible amount of power in their pursuit of justice, their political impartiality is fundamental in both deciding and prosecuting cases.
They work for the Judiciary, which is (suppose to be at least) a completely independent power from the Executive.

Not surprisingly, the fallout from that case was the resignation of Alberto Gonzales and a bunch of his staff. Followed by a grand jury that considered criminal indictments to those involved in the firings.

What's happened with the New Black Panther case is a different matter, altogether.

:rolleyes

Yonivore
06-30-2010, 09:50 PM
ElNono, if you can fire them on day first, you can fire them on day last.

ElNono
06-30-2010, 09:56 PM
ElNono, if you can fire them on day first, you can fire them on day last.

And you can dismiss this case on day first or you can dismiss it on day last.

But that's not what bothers you and me about this case, it's what's behind the dismissal, which is exactly the same thing that bothered people about the firings.

EmptyMan
07-01-2010, 07:34 AM
This stupidity by the DOJ is going to start a race-war.

I'm going to lol when they try this again and get suckered in to actually use those batons.