View Full Version : Conference expansion/realignment thread

Pages : [1] 2

Blake
06-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Latest one that Ive read:

By Ralph K.M. Haurwitz and Kirk Bohls AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Updated: 1:14 a.m. Saturday, June 12, 2010

Published: 10:35 p.m. Friday, June 11, 2010

The University of Texas is virtually certain to abandon the Big 12 Conference for the Pacific-10 Conference when its governing board meets Tuesday. Texas Tech University is expected to follow along.

Texas A&M University officials apparently are undecided on joining the Pac-10 or the Southeastern Conference. Baylor University's prospects for joining the Pac-10 remain bleak. And the Big 12 is history.

That, in a nutshell, is how the high-stakes, high-dollar game of college athletics conference realignment — Texas edition — is shaping up this weekend after Friday's announcement that the University of Nebraska will leave the Big 12 for the Big Ten. A day earlier, the University of Colorado said it will quit the Big 12 for the Pac-10.

One highly placed Big 12 school official said there was no doubt that league members UT, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would join the Pac-10.

"The decision has been made," he told the American-Statesman. "We're bringing everybody to the Pac-10 but A&M."

The official said that formal offers could be made over the weekend and that the Aggies could still decide to go along. If the Aggies don't go, he said, the Pac-10 would consider including Kansas or Utah as a replacement.

The ongoing shake-up in college sports has national implications for which schools will be in the major conferences and therefore in the best position to participate in lucrative television contracts as well as football bowl games and NCAA basketball tournament appearances.

The shake-up also may have political ramifications. As the workweek ended, the state House Higher Education Committee called a hearing for 10 a.m. Wednesday "to discuss matters pertaining to higher education, including collegiate athletics."

The official message from the UT camp on Friday was one of studied uncertainty regarding what might happen when the Board of Regents meets at 11 a.m. Tuesday in Ashbel Smith Hall , the UT System's headquarters in downtown Austin.

"It is both premature and inappropriate to speculate on what our UT System regents will discuss at next Tuesday's meeting," said DeLoss Dodds, the men's athletics director.

Colleen McHugh, chairman of the regents, declined to comment. "It's (standard operating procedure) that the regents don't discuss matters before meeting," said her spokesman, Anthony de Bruyn.

Texas Tech regents have called a meeting for 2 p.m. Tuesday, at which they are expected to sign on to the Pac-10. A spokeswoman for Kent Hance , chancellor of the Texas Tech University System, said he had no comment, but the university issued a statement saying it has been committed to supporting the Big 12.

"However," the statement said, "there are significant ongoing conversations, and we will make a decision in the best interest of the university at the appropriate time."

A&M's regents have not scheduled a meeting.

The Big 12 school official said that A&M President R. Bowen Loftin wants to explore joining the SEC but that the Aggies' athletic director, Bill Byrne, wants to go to the Pac-10. A&M's regents also have not reached a consensus.

Despite such differences, the Pac-10 option would seem to be more likely not only because it would avoid disrupting the Aggies' storied rivalry with the Longhorns but also because SEC powerhouses Alabama and Florida would be formidable opponents for a football squad that has struggled of late.

Nebraska's departure from the Big 12, even more so than Colorado's exit on Thursday, dims the league's prospects for attracting the mix of fans, TV viewers and national buzz that drives the college sports enterprise.

The Pac-10 is arguably the best fit for UT. True, the Big Ten's academic profile is appealing: All of its member institutions belong to the Association of American Universities , the elite club of major research universities. But Penn State, Minnesota and other Big Ten schools are far away, both culturally and geographically, from Austin.

If the Pac-10 realignment plays out as expected, UT would be in a division that includes five other schools from the Big 12 — Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and, possibly, A&M — and Arizona and Arizona State.

The academic pedigree of that division doesn't match up to that of the Big Ten — Texas Tech, Arizona State and Oklahoma State are not AAU members — but the other members of the Pac-10 include some of the nation's leading institutions, such as Stanford, UCLA and the University of California, Berkeley.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/ut-tech-to-join-pac-10-742900.html

Blake
06-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Updated: June 13, 2010, 3:40 PM ETSource: Big 12 pushing projected valueEmail Print Comments47 By Joe Schad
ESPN
Archive
As part of his strategy to keep the Big 12 together, commissioner Dan Beebe is trying to convince Texas -- the key -- and other schools that a 10-team model would still provide strong television revenue, a source familiar with Beebe's plan said Sunday.

Beebe has been told that the loss of Nebraska and Colorado could diminish the value of the league by as little as 8 to 10 percent.

Beebe is stressing the value of sharing revenue with fewer schools and collecting and distributing the departure penalties of Nebraska and Colorado, the source said.

Secondary elements of the pitch include keeping natural rivalries intact and considering the interests of both fans and student-athletes.

Under the plan, Texas could still conceivably pursue its own TV deal, something it would not be able to do in the Pac-10.

Schools in favor of keeping the Big 12 together are suggesting the Pac 10's plan is based largely on projections and that it's unclear exactly when a Pac-10 Network would launch and how successful it would be.

Officials from five Big 12 schools -- Kansas, Missouri, Kansas State, Iowa State and Baylor -- had a conference call on Saturday, The Kansas City Star reported. The schools agreed they would like to continue as members of the Big 12.

Board of regents from Texas and Texas Tech each plan to weigh conference-affiliation plans Tuesday, while Oklahoma's board will discuss its future on Wednesday.

Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN.

DesignatedT
06-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Texas is getting VERY worried that OU will go with the Aggies instead of the Horns to the SEC. That would be the absolute worst case scenario for Texas. In my opinion, this is all a play by the SEC to try to get what they really want: A&M/Texas or A&M/Texas/OU/OSU. They know that A&M and OU would prefer the SEC over the Pac 10. They know that Texas desperately wants to avoid going to the SEC, but Texas also desperately needs to maintain their control over their destiny. The SEC has found the sweet spot and they are making their push. How will Texas respond? Sounds like they will try to be the "hero" and hold the Big 12 together. We all know what the reality is, but the press clippings would all paint the horns as a hero...

samikeyp
06-13-2010, 03:37 PM
I think the only thing Texas is worried about is getting the best deal they can. I doubt they are sitting behind closed doors thinking about where everyone else goes. I would also believe that the powers that be in College Station and Norman are doing the same thing. In the end, its all about the cash. Can't say for sure though...I do not know what is actually going on in the minds of those in charge at the three school...no one here does. All we can do is speculate.

DesignatedT
06-13-2010, 03:39 PM
I think the only thing Texas is worried about is getting the best deal they can. I doubt they are sitting behind closed doors thinking about where everyone else goes. I would also believe that the powers that be in College Station and Norman are doing the same thing. In the end, its all about the cash. Can't say for sure though...I do not know what is actually going on in the minds of those in charge at the three school...no one here does. All we can do is speculate.

I'll just be happy when it's all over.

samikeyp
06-13-2010, 03:41 PM
I'll just be happy when it's all over.

Me too.

Whatever the outcome, I don't see the UT-A&M rivalry going away. There would be too much of an outcry.

DesignatedT
06-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Me too.

Whatever the outcome, I don't see the UT-A&M rivalry going away. There would be too much of an outcry.

I sure hope not. Even if they were in different conferences they would have too much political pressure and pressure from their own alumni not to play the lone star showdown on thanksgiving or t+1

j-6
06-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Texas is getting VERY worried that OU will go with the Aggies instead of the Horns to the SEC. That would be the absolute worst case scenario for Texas. In my opinion, this is all a play by the SEC to try to get what they really want: A&M/Texas or A&M/Texas/OU/OSU. They know that A&M and OU would prefer the SEC over the Pac 10. They know that Texas desperately wants to avoid going to the SEC, but Texas also desperately needs to maintain their control over their destiny. The SEC has found the sweet spot and they are making their push. How will Texas respond? Sounds like they will try to be the "hero" and hold the Big 12 together. We all know what the reality is, but the press clippings would all paint the horns as a hero...

The reality is that Texas has the easiest path to a BCS game of any school in the country, and OU has the second easiest. Colorado's title nine years ago was the last one of any of the three schools looking to leave. I believe the north is 4-10 against the south and one of those wins belongs to K-State and one to A&M. So either UT and OU has advanced to a BCS game nine times in 14 years, and CU/NU have three.

OU has it made where they are at. Going into that meat grinder plus having to recruit most of your kids to your elite level program from another state with a minimal presence in conference is a recipe for disaster. I think they'll follow Texas damn near anywhere and for good reason.

A&M needs to go. I got ripped to shreds on OB for this but this is your best bet to build something great on your own and not be a one year wonder, and truly compete with UT/OU for those top guys.

DesignatedT
06-13-2010, 04:07 PM
The reality is that Texas has the easiest path to a BCS game of any school in the country, and OU has the second easiest. Colorado's title nine years ago was the last one of any of the three schools looking to leave. I believe the north is 4-10 against the south and one of those wins belongs to K-State and one to A&M. So either UT and OU has advanced to a BCS game nine times in 14 years, and CU/NU have three.

OU has it made where they are at. Going into that meat grinder plus having to recruit most of your kids to your elite level program from another state with a minimal presence in conference is a recipe for disaster. I think they'll follow Texas damn near anywhere and for good reason.

A&M needs to go. I got ripped to shreds on OB for this but this is your best bet to build something great on your own and not be a one year wonder, and truly compete with UT/OU for those top guys.

I agree 100% and I really hope they can agree to play an OOC game every year still because by no means do I want the rivalry to stop.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2010, 06:44 PM
I just hope they don't end up shitting away the Texas rivalries. I'd prefer to see the big 12 reorganize and bring in one or more of the old SWC teams. Baylor's finally moving in the right direction, but it seems to be way too late.

Thompson
06-13-2010, 06:56 PM
I saw mention on some board that the SEC was considering bringing in Baylor along with A&M for 'political considerations,' but they didn't cite their source, and there's probably nothing to it. O_V, didn't you use to be a Texas fan, or am I thinking of someone else?

DesignatedT
06-13-2010, 08:45 PM
hHAqpSCRo_8

samikeyp
06-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Maybe the Big 12 and Big 10 just trade names? :lol

Blake
06-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Me too.

I thought that at first, but apparently UT is getting very pissed that A&M is wanting to go their own way.

It might be 50/50 at this point like anything else at the moment

samikeyp
06-13-2010, 11:00 PM
I thought that at first, but apparently UT is getting very pissed that A&M is wanting to go their own way.

If that's the case, then they are being stupid.

DesignatedT
06-13-2010, 11:09 PM

If that's the case, then they are being stupid.

Worst case scenario I could see Texas not agree to play the game for a couple years while holding a grudge but eventually get over it. To much $$ in that game. It would be an even bigger game for the media since they are out of conference teams IMO. Not only would it be "Who's the better team" but "Who's the better conference" as well.

vander
06-13-2010, 11:11 PM
remaining teams from the Big 12 invite all the teams from the MWC, then rename themselves the MWC, "MWC" now has automatic bid... :king :greedy

Kermit
06-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Worst case scenario I could see Texas not agree to play the game for a couple years while holding a grudge but eventually get over it. To much $$ in that game. It would be an even bigger game for the media since they are out of conference teams IMO. Not only would it be "Who's the better team" but "Who's the better conference" as well.

How much money does Texas make from a home game with Baylor as opposed to Aggy?

Marklar MM
06-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Maybe the Big 12 and Big 10 just trade names? :lol

No reason. The Big10 can't count. They will find a way to work any number into 10.

Marklar MM
06-13-2010, 11:15 PM
How much money does Texas make from a home game with Baylor as opposed to Aggy?

Not sure about Texas, but I'd assume they charge more for "premium" games.

DMX7
06-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh, and here's a humbling graphic, Aggies. Your replacement, Kansas, brings more money to the table than you do.

http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/images/articles/SBJ200906152602-01.jpg

Kermit
06-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Oh, and here's a humbling graphic, Aggies. Your replacement, Kansas, brings more money to the table than you do.

http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/images/articles/SBJ200906152602-01.jpg

Shit dude, Aggy is in debt. They need SEC money.

vander
06-13-2010, 11:36 PM
if this all does eventually leads us to 4 super-conferences, all of whom will then want 2 automatic bids, the BCS should just drop down to 4 games again instead. how lame will all those conference championships be if both teams will go to a BCS bowl anyways?

4 bowls, 4 automatic bids, an extra automatic bid to the conference(s) that send a team to the NCG, and then 2 at large bids

BUMP
06-14-2010, 12:37 AM
I keep hearing about the four superconferences who's the 4th supposed to be

1 Pac"16"
2 SEC
3 Big10
4 ????

TheTruth
06-14-2010, 06:27 AM

1 Pac"16"
2 SEC
3 Big10
4 ????

Combination of Big East and ACC I think.

The Gemini Method
06-14-2010, 11:06 AM
As an alum and supporter of the Pac-10, I just want this situation to end. If we're going to 16 teams, then great. If not, I won't care any more than I already do. It would be awesome to see how the addition of two storied programs in Texas and Oklahoma, but all this talk is weary.

samikeyp
06-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Combination of Big East and ACC I think.

The Big ACC?

:lol

DesignatedT
06-14-2010, 01:11 PM
from Billy Liucci just now:

Was just informed from sources that OU is 100% all-in with Texas, whether it's Big 12 or Pac-10 3 minutes ago via web

fyatuk
06-14-2010, 01:12 PM

1 Pac"16"
2 SEC
3 Big10
4 ????

I always figured it's more likely to end up with 5, with the MWC and merging of Big East/ACC filling the way.

The Big East/ACC merging is rumored to occur after the Big Ten and SEC rape them for teams ;)

NFO
06-14-2010, 01:59 PM
from Billy Liucci just now:

Was just informed from sources that OU is 100% all-in with Texas, whether it's Big 12 or Pac-10 3 minutes ago via web

Surprise Surprise. OU either didn't think they could hack it in the SEC and/or thought the Pac-10 was an easier route to a BCS game.

Obstructed_View
06-14-2010, 06:20 PM
O_V, didn't you use to be a Texas fan, or am I thinking of someone else?

Nope. My wife went to Baylor, my nephew and most of my friends went to A&M, and I pretty much hate everything about UT.

Obstructed_View
06-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Surprise Surprise. OU either didn't think they could hack it in the SEC and/or thought the Pac-10 was an easier route to a BCS game.

Losing Colorado and Nebraska means no conference title game with only ten teams, right? Teams like OU that want to win national titles probably like the idea of one fewer chance to get tripped up.

vander
06-14-2010, 07:06 PM
something must be done about these conference names now, Pac 10 is easy, they can put any number behind Pac, or just be the Pacific Conference; but one or both of the "Big" conferences needs to change to a regional moniker.

since the number of teams will probably be in flux for the foreseeable future, they should just become the Big North and the Big South, ditch the numbers altogether.

:downspin:

NFO
06-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Losing Colorado and Nebraska means no conference title game with only ten teams, right?

True, unless the Big XII petitions the NCAA for a special rule.

Teams like OU that want to win national titles probably like the idea of one fewer chance to get tripped up.

Perhaps, they might miss the pay day that the championship game provided as well.

jb4g
06-15-2010, 09:20 AM
So besides Utah to the Pac 10+2, whats next? Big 12, Big 10, and SEC im assuming are sticking with what they have. MWC will likely need to replace Utah, to get back to 10 teams and have any hope of securing a BCS autobid...but who is really left thats going to make the conference stronger?

fyatuk
06-15-2010, 09:55 AM
something must be done about these conference names now, Pac 10 is easy, they can put any number behind Pac, or just be the Pacific Conference; but one or both of the "Big" conferences needs to change to a regional moniker.

since the number of teams will probably be in flux for the foreseeable future, they should just become the Big North and the Big South, ditch the numbers altogether.

:downspin:

In FBS there's Big East, Big 10, and Big 12.

In FCS there's Big Sky and Big South

Big West is a non-football conference.

So if you make the Big 10 the Big North, the Big 12 becomes the Big Center...

Obstructed_View
06-16-2010, 12:13 PM
True, unless the Big XII petitions the NCAA for a special rule.

Perhaps, they might miss the pay day that the championship game provided as well.

Good point. However, they just got a rather substantial pay increase that likely makes up for a championship game. And I don't think a conference championship game makes up financially for the BCS title game you miss if you lose.

Ignignokt
06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
So let me get this straight.

the Big 12 will not get the Championship game, and will have only Ten members with a weaker north due to power grab of the South?

How is this supposed to make them have better BCS cred when they basically became the old PAC 10 with less TV markets?

Blake
06-16-2010, 06:29 PM
So let me get this straight.

the Big 12 will not get the Championship game, and will have only Ten members with a weaker north due to power grab of the South?

How is this supposed to make them have better BCS cred when they basically became the old PAC 10 with less TV markets?

Nebraska has been so-so the last decade and Colorado has been a shit stain.

The Big XII lite loses little to no cred.

Ignignokt
06-17-2010, 12:27 AM

crofl!

Nebraska and Coplorado have been the strongest north teams in the 2000s. You now just have Mizzou. UTah just went to the PAC. Sorry. No Championship bowl game and only 10 teams. hyeah right! LOL.

samikeyp
06-17-2010, 05:03 AM
The strongest North teams in a conference where the South has ruled.

Ignignokt
06-17-2010, 09:45 AM
The strongest North teams in a conference where the South has ruled.

lol, Kstate and Kansas will continue to schedule cupcakes and will be outspent in that unequal conference with unequal revenue sharing. Mizzou might make a splash.. but you're conference is weak now.

The Pac 10 just added a team that beat Alabama. Sorry guy.

Blake
06-17-2010, 11:51 AM
crofl!

Nebraska and Coplorado have been the strongest north teams in the 2000s. You now just have Mizzou. UTah just went to the PAC. Sorry. No Championship bowl game and only 10 teams. hyeah right! LOL.

crofl!

The North has been shit the last decade. The Big XII loses nothing with Colorado leaving and loses just a little with Nebraska leaving (a team that TTU has been kicking the crap out of in recent years).

If a team in the Big XII lite goes undefeated, they will be in the title game, guaranteed.

crofl Utah giving the pac10 cred

Obstructed_View
06-17-2010, 12:01 PM
If Wikipedia is correct, Colorado had four winning seasons since 2000. That's a lot closer to shitstain than major draw.

Ignignokt
06-17-2010, 02:55 PM

sorry blake but you've been our bitch this whole decade. Even in the 2-10 year, Tech was the first opponent colorado sploaded.

So tech's job just got easier.

Ignignokt
06-17-2010, 02:56 PM
If Wikipedia is correct, Colorado had four winning seasons since 2000. That's a lot closer to shitstain than major draw.

we're one of 4 teams to have won the Conference and were the North Champs for a majority of that time.

LOL BAYLOR!!!

Blake
06-17-2010, 03:10 PM
sorry blake but you've been our bitch this whole decade. Even in the 2-10 year, Tech was the first opponent colorado sploaded.

which means nothing in terms of how much of a shit stain Colorado has been.

So tech's job just got easier.

The road still goes through Austin and Norman. Nothing changed for Tech.

Blake
06-17-2010, 03:15 PM
we're one of 4 teams to have won the Conference and were the North Champs for a majority of that time.

lol big xii north champs having a 7-6 record
lol 70-3

Ignignokt
06-17-2010, 06:04 PM
lol big xii north champs having a 7-6 record
lol 70-3

lol 70-3's bitch
lol Craig James
lol Mike Leach's firing
lol handjobs on National TV

IronMexican
06-17-2010, 06:24 PM
What handy on national TV? I only saw that UTEP one a couple years back.

Blake
06-17-2010, 06:53 PM
lol handjobs on National TV

:(

....there's no good comeback for that one

Blake
06-17-2010, 06:56 PM
What handy on national TV? I only saw that UTEP one a couple years back.

pretty much every time on national tv, there is a dumbass raider giving himself an extreme handy on the sidelines.

I wish they would get rid of it

Obstructed_View
06-18-2010, 09:20 AM

LOL BAYLOR!!!

Evidence of how bad the north is if a team can be the champs that often with only four winning seasons. Seriously, if "lol baylor" is all you have to prop up your team, then a hard look in the mirror is probably necessary. At least I'm aware of what the team I root for is (and is not). Enjoy being the Baylor of the Pac 10 for the next 20 years. :lol

NFO
09-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Conference Officials Meet; New Texas Faction Strongly Pushes for B1G Invite

Link (http://northwestern.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=57&tid=162755759&mid=162755759&sid=901&style=2)

stretch
09-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Also over the weekend, a group of representatives from the University of Oklahoma again contacted the Big Ten regarding the potential for their own membership in the conference, in what was characterized as a "last ditch effort." The Big Ten once again respectfully informed that group that the Council of Presidents and Chancellors has already ruled out the addition of either Oklahoma school, primarily over concerns related to academic fit within the conference.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao

lol getting rejected due to having a shit academic program

lol oklahomans

Blake
09-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Conference Officials Meet; New Texas Faction Strongly Pushes for B1G Invite

Link (http://northwestern.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=57&tid=162755759&mid=162755759&sid=901&style=2)

cool shitty rumor, bro :tu

NFO
09-13-2011, 09:24 AM
cool shitty rumor, bro :tu

Good for you. :toast

Then we shouldn't see you in this thread to discuss it since you think its shitty.

Blake
09-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Good for you. :toast

Then we shouldn't see you in this thread to discuss it since you think its shitty.

Is the story real or not?

NFO
09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Is the story real or not?

How the fuck should I know.

If you want to discuss the ramifications of the rumor IF it were true then fine, otherwise just move on.

Blake
09-13-2011, 10:21 AM
How the fuck should I know.

If you want to discuss the ramifications of the rumor IF it were true then fine, otherwise just move on.

nobody is forcing you to respond to me and get yourself all butthurt in the process, dumbfuck.

Even if your shitty rumor is true, it has no ramifications to anything happening in the real world. I'd rather talk about how shitty the rumor you posted is though. It's more fun. :tu

NFO
09-13-2011, 10:33 AM
nobody is forcing you to respond to me and get yourself all butthurt in the process, dumbfuck.

:lmao you responded to my link

Even if your shitty rumor is true, it has no ramifications to anything happening in the real world.

Excellent. We got your opinion on the rumor, which was retarded (not surprising)

I'd rather talk about how shitty the rumor you posted is though. It's more fun. :tu

How shitty is your life that you get enjoyment out of talking about a rumor which you think is shitty. :rollin

Blake
09-13-2011, 10:51 AM
:lmao you responded to my link

:lmao :lmao that you posted in a thread I started a year ago?

I'm not complaining about you posting a shitty rumor though.

Feel free post these shitty rumors. :tu

Excellent. We got your opinion on the rumor, which was retarded (not surprising)

Your opinon that you don't know if this rumor you posted has any legs to it or not is really what is stupidly retarded, tbh.

How shitty is your life that you get enjoyment out of talking about a rumor which you think is shitty. :rollin

I think it's great stuff to watch asses like yours get sore on a silly messageboard.

What's fucking hilarious is that I can see you working, rubbing your hands together, thinking that by digging up this old thread and posting a shitty rumor in it, that you would be getting over on me.

lmao your awesome life

NFO
09-13-2011, 11:35 AM
that you posted in a thread I started a year ago?

Pretty sure you have posted in threads I have started. What is your point.

I'm not complaining about you posting a shitty rumor though.

You bring it up an awful lot. sounds like you are obsessed.

Feel free post these shitty rumors. :tu

Beats anything that you have posted/contribted.

Your opinon that you don't know if this rumor you posted has any legs to it or not is really what is stupidly retarded, tbh.

Never gave my opinion on the rumor that I linked last night, but keep thinking I have, come up with some retarded comment, and keep posting to make yourself look even more stupid.

I think it's great stuff to watch asses like yours get sore on a silly messageboard.

Not sore at all. Just like watching people who think they are smart humiliate themselves over and over, especially over a "shitty" rumor.

What's fucking hilarious is that I can see you working, rubbing your hands together, thinking that by digging up this old thread and posting a shitty rumor in it, that you would be getting over on me.

typed realingnment in the search bar. Took .2 seconds. Wasn't hard.

lmao your awesome life

Never said my life was awesome, but it sure as hell beats anybody elses life who has had to get sloppy seconds from their own wife. :toast

Blake
09-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Pretty sure you have posted in threads I have started. What is your point.

that you are severely butthurt.

Never said my life was awesome, but it sure as hell beats anybody elses life who has had to get sloppy seconds from their own wife. :toast

lmao you searching for personal attack fodder.

I'm saying my life is just fine.

By your criteria, your life is shitty.

By my criteria, youre a butthurt fool.

NFO
09-13-2011, 11:58 AM
that you are severely butthurt.

Nope :lol

lmao you searching for personal attack fodder.

Didn't have to search, you brought that upon yourself

I'm saying my life is just fine.

Well la de fucking da.

By your criteria, your life is shitty.

So you know my criteria. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

By my criteria, youre a butthurt fool.

By your criteria if you don't encounter butthurt physically or mentally daily you are butthurt, either way your daily routine includes butthurt. No one here at this board finds that at all surprising.

Blake
09-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Nope :lol

:lol :lol you can deny it all you want, but the evidence for your butthurt here is staggering

Didn't have to search, you brought that upon yourself

lmao you taking this so personally

Well la de fucking da.

sorry we can't say the same for you.

:(

So you know my criteria. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

you stated your criteria for a shitty life just several posts back.

By your criteria if you don't encounter butthurt physically or mentally daily you are butthurt, either way your daily routine includes butthurt. No one here at this board finds that at all surprising.

I find your continued butthurt amusing. Not much more than that, tbh.

NFO
09-13-2011, 12:53 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin at Blake for getting all butthurt over me posting a link in a conference realignment thread that just so happened to be started by you.

coyotes_geek
09-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Florida State came out with their "considering options" press release today, fwiw.

NFO
09-13-2011, 06:12 PM
I would think Florida would oppose either FL school (FSU or UM) from entering the SEC.

DesignatedT
09-13-2011, 06:34 PM
I can't believe all this talk about UT to the ACC is still heating up. That would be the greatest thing ever for A&M. OU to the West and Texas to the ACC lmao. Please happen.

ginobili's bald spot
09-13-2011, 06:48 PM
It's common knowledge that Oklahoma doesn't meet the academic standards for the BIG. Texas on the other hand, would be a great fit. I really hope they can work something out with the LHN/BTN and make that happen.

BradLohaus
09-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Am I the only A&M (or UT) grad that would like to see A&M and UT join a real academic conference and go to the Big 10 and say adios to all else? It's a long shot but there is the rumor that B1G told A&M to keep their options open.

Travel wouldn't be as bad as the PAC 12 and the worries over playing in snowstorms are way overblown.

NFO
09-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Am I the only A&M (or UT) grad that would like to see A&M and UT join a real academic conference and go to the Big 10 and say adios to all else? It's a long shot but there is the rumor that B1G told A&M to keep their options open.

Travel wouldn't be as bad as the PAC 12 and the worries over playing in snowstorms are way overblown.

I think A&M is a fore gone conclusion at this point.

I think that there was a rumor of UT and A&M to the B1G last year, but that obviously materialized. UT may still be in play for the B1G. Just depends on what Oklahoma decides.

BradLohaus
09-13-2011, 07:32 PM
I think that there was a rumor of UT and A&M to the B1G last year

It's still floating around, along with the UT and Notre Dame rumor. But yeah it's got to be less likely this time around. I'd love to see all 3 go plus Missouri, Pitt or Kansas, most likely.

I keep hope alive that A&M to SEC isn't a done deal. I'd much rather keep the Big 12 together and add BYU + 1.

coyotes_geek
09-13-2011, 07:49 PM
I would think Florida would oppose either FL school (FSU or UM) from entering the SEC.

I would think that too, but then the SEC is pretty much the only conference it would make sense for FSU to move to. Why have a presser to say you're looking at options if you don't really have any? Maybe they're just blowing smoke here, maybe they're hearing that Florida isn't going to be a roadblock afterall.

coyotes_geek
09-13-2011, 08:09 PM

Since the big 10 only wanted A&M and Texas and the Pac was willing to take OU & OkSt as well, Pac travel would have been a lot easier. Three conference opponents close by compared to just one.

I wouldn't have minded A&M in the big 10 for the academic connection, but when you add in culture, weather and travel, the SEC is just a better fit. The only way A&M considers the big 10 is if the SEC pulls their offer.

Sisk
09-14-2011, 12:16 AM
SEC is happening. No doubt about it.

I'd rather be in the SEC than any other conference.

OU/OSU will do well in the PAC-14/16

JMarkJohns
09-14-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm hearing Pac-16 expansion will occur, but that the moving players may be different than most are expecting/discussing. Should be an interesting few months.

Sisk
09-14-2011, 02:24 AM
I'm hearing Pac-16 expansion will occur, but that the moving players may be different than most are expecting/discussing. Should be an interesting few months.

Care to name the schools outside of OU/OSU?

pkbpkb81
09-14-2011, 11:39 AM
good stuff

DMX7
09-15-2011, 11:16 PM
I know Aggies are living in an alternate factless world, but what makes you all so confident you'll be joining the SEC anytime soon when schools like ISU put out $40 million in bonds and are locked and loaded to sue the shit out of the SEC if they lose money and can't pay?

NFO
09-19-2011, 08:05 PM
MWC, CUSA discuss first super, duper conference

Link (http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/32117287)

Blake
09-19-2011, 08:14 PM

Lmao Rice

coyotes_geek
09-20-2011, 10:33 AM
:lmao

Good for a laugh.

http://www.rockmnation.com/2011/9/19/2436901/portraits-of-conference-realignment

leemajors
09-20-2011, 10:37 AM

Good for a laugh.

http://www.rockmnation.com/2011/9/19/2436901/portraits-of-conference-realignment

damn that is gold

coyotes_geek
09-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Today's rumor mill has West Virginia allegedly telling the Big East that the ACC & SEC weren't interested in them. Seems like that would make Missouri a more likely SEC target as well as making a potential big 12 leftovers + big east leftovers conference merger a little more respectable in the football sense.

coyotes_geek
09-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Kansas City Star: Mizzou has invite to SEC (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/20/3155336/source-mizzou-has-sec-offer-but.html)

COLUMBIA | The Southeastern Conference has an offer on the table for Missouri to join its league, and SEC officials are willing to wait for an answer from Missouri until the future of the Big 12 is decided.

vander
09-20-2011, 01:32 PM

gay, I hate all of this, regular old 12 team conferences are best

Blake
09-20-2011, 01:40 PM

There was already a conference similar to that called the WAC.

tlongII
09-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Missouri seems like an odd state to be in the Southeastern Conference.

NFO
09-20-2011, 02:45 PM

They do border 3 states that house SEC teams.

Culturally they do seem like an odd fit, but so does Vanderbilt.

Fpoonsie
09-20-2011, 02:49 PM

Good for a laugh.

Wow. Funny, funny shit.

coyotes_geek
09-20-2011, 02:58 PM

Probably not an ideal fit culturally, but it's the SEC's chance to "expand the footprint" into a state with two big media markets in St. Louis & Kansas City.

pkbpkb81
09-20-2011, 04:16 PM
OU just said might stay in the big 12 if Beebe is no longer commissioner

just saw it on twitter

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Something is brewing which led me to start thinkin maybe..

1. OU now appears to be in "Save the Big Xii" mode with their public list of demands that must be met (beebe fired, equal revenue sharing, no more lhn, etc.). Maybe got word that OSU is a no-go?

2. Boone Pickens knows concessions are being made, hence his comments about saving the Big Xii and thinking A&M will stay.

3. t.u. refused to give Powers the authority to move to another conference because nobody is going anywhere besides TAMU.

pkbpkb81
09-20-2011, 04:19 PM
If the big 12 doesn’t die I will be pissed

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 04:23 PM
The University of Oklahoma is considering remaining in the Big 12, but only in a “reformed” version of the conference that includes hard and fast rules for Texas' Longhorn Network and removal of Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe, a high-ranking Big 12 source told The Oklahoman on Tuesday.

Oklahoma State benefactor Boone Pickens calls on Texas governor and presidential candidate Rick Perry to step in to save the Big...
OU president David Boren said Monday the Sooners would decide soon between applying for Pac-12 membership or staying in the Big 12, and the source outlined the parameters for remaining in the Big 12.
“It's going to take major, major reforms” for OU, and thus Oklahoma State, to consider remaining in the Big 12, the source said. “We'd have to have an interim commissioner.”
The source said the league presidents do not believe Beebe responded with adequate leadership to Nebraska's and Texas A&M's frustration. The Big 12 has lost three members in the last 15 months, and “the relationships were so bad (with) the commissioner,” the source said.
The other reform the Sooners demand is Texas and ESPN retreating on some its plans for the Longhorn Network. The UT/ESPN partnership angered Big 12 members on two counts: 1) the network reached an agreement with Fox Sports to move a conference game to the Longhorn Network; and 2) The Longhorn Network announced it would show high school highlights even after the conference voted to keep televised high school games off school-branded networks.
The source said it is not inevitable that OU and OSU will go to the Pac-12, even though the OU regents support the move.
Both Boren and athletic director Joe Castiglione have stated their desire to make the Big 12 work, as have OSU president Burns Hargis and athletic director Mike Holder.
“No one wants to give up on it,” an OSU source said of the Big 12. The problems have “nothing to do with finances. It has nothing to do with success. For the league to be falling apart, it's crazy.”
But the source said OU is willing to consider only a reformed Big 12.
The source said conference expansion is not a major issue, that while the Big 12 likely needs to return to 10 or 12 schools, the reforms are a much higher priority for stabilizing the conference.
Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference has been held up by Baylor's threat of litigation. But the reforms OU seeks would not entice the Aggies to remain in the Big 12.
“We are gone,” said an A&M official.
Earlier Tuesday, OSU booster Boone Pickens, who tried to use his influence in the state of Texas to get A&M to make the same demands of UT that OU now is making, said he detected a thaw in the Aggies' stance.
Pickens even contacted Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who is running for the Republican presidential nomination.
Pickens said he told Perry to show America that “you fix problems, don't contribute to ‘em.”
Perry is a former Texas A&M yell leader. “After the Aggies leave school, they're still looking for a yell leader,” Pickens said. He said he told Perry to be that leader.
But A&M vice president for communications Jason Cook, responding to Pickens, said, “Texas A&M has made our intentions perfectly clear. We do not intend to be a member of the Big 12 past this season.”
Another Big 12 source said OU's demands could prompt Texas to compromise. If the Sooners and Cowboys leave the Big 12, Texas is not likely to stay and almost surely would have to acquiesce on its network anyway, in some other league. Why not give in and keep the Big 12 together?
“You've got to have some of these items of trust,” the first source said. “Some clear understanding of what individual networks can do.”
The source said OU's goal is not to run the Big 12. He said OU's goal is to not have any school run the conference.
And the impression has been that Texas, via Beebe, has run roughshod over the Big 12.
“The perception is, he answers only to one school,” the source said. “That does not work.”
The source said Beebe made the decision that appeasing Texas was the Big 12's best hope for stability. “He made the wrong decision,” the source said. Instead, that led to instability, with the departure of Nebraska and now A&M.
The source said Big 12 presidents view Beebe as a commissioner serving only one school, Texas. They lay Nebraska's departure in June 2010 at the feet of Beebe.
“When a commissioner has a tin ear to what's happening in Nebraska and doesn't get himself up there…” the source said.
Ironically, the source said, Texas supported another candidate for commissioner four years ago, when Beebe was hired, while OU supported Beebe.
The source also said Beebe left items off the conference agenda that could have helped corral The Longhorn Network, such as a conference game being televised.
“The best commissioner's a consensus builder,” the source said. “We need a consensus-builder commissioner.
“You take the Big Ten, SEC, the Pac-12, their conference office runs circles around our conference in capability, not to mention bias. This commissioner totally cost us Texas A&M.”
The source said that OU could even push for revenue-sharing of individual networks. Texas is reaping more than $12 million a year from its ESPN contract with the Longhorn Network.
“What if we share a small percentage?” the source asked. “That's a real strong show of support. Where's anybody going to go in any other conference that doesn't want all your network? Wouldn't it be a nice show of good faith?
“It would be making sure the conference was even-handed and stable.
“It's true there's some things in favor of the Pac-12. Plain stability. We don't want to have to do this every year. I don't want our successors having to deal with the drama. What do we do? What do we do?
“Don't proclaim the end of the Big 12 too quickly. It's not off the table. We've got to get some reforms to make it stable. It's not working as it is.”

Read more: http://newsok.com/source-removal-of-big-12-commissioner-dan-beebe-among-ous-demands/article/3605958#ixzz1YWvinIG5

Blake
09-20-2011, 04:27 PM
3. t.u. refused to give Powers the authority to move to another conference because nobody is going anywhere besides TAMU.

where are you getting this from

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 04:30 PM
I was going by what Bohls said.

kbohls kbohls
No small point. UT prez Bill Powers has authority to stay in Big 12, but cannot take action on own to change conferences; regents keep that.

Blake
09-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Powers, citing what he called “a great deal of movement around the country concerning conference realignment,” asked the regents for permission to “explore options and make decisions” with respect to UT’s conference affiliation. The regents unanimously approved a motion allowing him to do so.

The motion, however, did not give Powers the final say on the matter. Although he is authorized “to apply for, to negotiate, and to execute appropriate documents related to a change in conference membership,” any change must be submitted to the regents for ratification.

http://blog.chron.com/longhorns/2011/09/ut-president-authorized-to-explore-alignment-issues/

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 04:33 PM
I still think OU is gone, not sure what they are trying to accomplish with all this talk. Just got me thinkin.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Pretty much what Bohls was saying, the regents have the last word. At A&M and OU, they don't.

JMarkJohns
09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Lmao Rice

Sure. Also discussion of Kansas and an invitation to Missouri, but you glossed right over that in the previous thread.

Blake
09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Pretty much what Bohls was saying, the regents have the last word. At A&M and OU, they don't.

then what was this business

.....because nobody is going anywhere besides TAMU.

Blake
09-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Sure. Also discussion of Kansas and an invitation to Missouri, but you glossed right over that in the previous thread.

Kansas and Missouri discussion is old hat.

The Rice crap is newer and funny as hell.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Something is brewing which led me to start thinkin maybe..

Blake
09-20-2011, 04:42 PM
I was thinkin..

k.

I think OU is gone and making ridiculous demands at the moment just to say they tried.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 04:43 PM
That's probably what this is.

pkbpkb81
09-20-2011, 04:50 PM
I don't buy it

OU has always been behind Beebe, and wants their own network (now they have been against the high school games on the lhn) also they took more money than many of the other schools.

This smells of just a pr stunt, why now info on OU is being leaked out when they have been tight lipped this whole time?

ChumpDumper
09-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Maybe LHN just turns into a Big 12 network.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Looks like PAC didn't want to expand. reports are Larry Scott didn't have the votes for OU and OSU to join. That explains OUs demands and interest in preserving the big12.

Sisk
09-20-2011, 10:25 PM
http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/32148466

DT don't forget a link! No poster is anything without a cited source. Didn't you get the memo?????????????????????????????? Stupid aggy.

Sisk
09-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Could be a legal statement, similar to the SEC one regarding Texas A&M, but this one seems a bit stronger to me.

While we have great respect for all of the institutions that have contacted us, and certain expansion proposals were financially attractive, we have a strong conference structure and culture of equality that we are committed to preserve. With new landmark TV agreements and plans to launch our innovative television networks, we are going to focus solely on these great assets, our strong heritage and the bright future in front of us

Bold is a jab at texas, imho.

coyotes_geek
09-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Its a jab at Texas, but it's OU who really gets screwed here. They just lost all their leverage.

Sisk
09-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Its a jab at Texas, but it's OU who really gets screwed here. They just lost all their leverage.

Yup.

JMarkJohns
09-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Looks like PAC didn't want to expand. reports are Larry Scott didn't have the votes for OU and OSU to join. That explains OUs demands and interest in preserving the big12.

Scott's not doing favors for anyone. He's not making special concessions. When everything was a go on Sunday, everything was balanced, everything was shared. Somehow things got jumbled and several school presidents backed off for now, and Scott went ahead of pulled the plug, again, for now. He knows that the Big-12 is unstable at best, volatile at worst, so instead of conceding anything now (similar to last summer), he's gonna let the conference implode and get who he wants and what he wants. If they want to fit into the Pacific brand, I'm sure things will be worked out again, but this makes sense for now.

So the Big-12 lives on in some capacity. Do they take TCU? Houston? Rice? New Mexico? SMU? Does Missouri leave? Does A&M follow through? This is starting to becoming the Favre-retirement story of NCAA football.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 10:54 PM
A&M is gone. That's all I know and care about.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Scott's not doing favors for anyone. He's not making special concessions. When everything was a go on Sunday, everything was balanced, everything was shared. Somehow things got jumbled and several school presidents backed off for now, and Scott went ahead of pulled the plug, again, for now. He knows that the Big-12 is unstable at best, volatile at worst, so instead of conceding anything now (similar to last summer), he's gonna let the conference implode and get who he wants and what he wants. If they want to fit into the Pacific brand, I'm sure things will be worked out again, but this makes sense for now.

So the Big-12 lives on in some capacity. Do they take TCU? Houston? Rice? New Mexico? SMU? Does Missouri leave? Does A&M follow through? This is starting to becoming the Favre-retirement story of NCAA football.

You can call it what you want, but the PAC didn't want OU, OSU or Texas. The big12 will likely go on for atleast another season and maybe finally find some stability (if Texas allows).

Larry Scott has had a hard on for expansion since day 1, if he had the votes he would have offered.

coyotes_geek
09-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Interesting decision here for the SEC. Baylor and their bunch just want to be in an AQ conference, so odds are they wouldn't put up too much fuss over A&M and Mizzou leaving so long as the big12 survives. If you're the SEC do you take A&M and Mizzou and call it a day? Or do you make a run at the Okie schools since the ACC has pretty much blocked your ability to expand in that direction?

Sisk
09-20-2011, 11:03 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg611/scaled.php?tn=0&server=611&filename=x6znhf.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Sisk
09-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Interesting decision here for the SEC. Baylor and their bunch just want to be in an AQ conference, so odds are they wouldn't put up too much fuss over A&M and Mizzou leaving so long as the big12 survives. If you're the SEC do you take A&M and Mizzou and call it a day? Or do you make a run at the Okie schools since the ACC has pretty much blocked your ability to expand in that direction?

From what I've read, the SEC doesn't want OSU, so that kills the potential OU move.

coyotes_geek
09-20-2011, 11:05 PM
You can call it what you want, but the PAC didn't want OU, OSU or Texas. The big12 will likely go on for atleast another season and maybe finally find some stability (if Texas allows).

Larry Scott has had a hard on for expansion since day 1, if he had the votes he would have offered.

I'd say it's more of a case of the PAC not wanting Texas on Texas' terms and not wanting OKState.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 11:05 PM

SEC will officially announce A&M to be a member in the next day or 2, now that the PAC has said they aren't expanding. Mizzou won't get an invite. The SEC will stay at 13 members for the time being.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 11:06 PM
I'd say it's more of a case of the PAC not wanting Texas on Texas' terms and not wanting OKState.

Call it what you want, none got an invite.

coyotes_geek
09-20-2011, 11:08 PM
From what I've read, the SEC doesn't want OSU, so that kills the potential OU move.

There'd certainly be a legal fight so I'm sure that would affect their decision as well.

JMarkJohns
09-20-2011, 11:09 PM

Scott has wanted to expand so long as everything went his way. It appeared to be going that way twice within the last 15 months, but both times things got too messy and the general agreed upon course of action was not to budge on special concessions, which cost them last year, and, maybe in an attempt to save face, removed themselves this year.

When this looked good both times, things were working together smoothly.

Everybody wanted this for the money. Once the money started going from equal shares to uneven fractions, those who disliked based upon competition voiced their concerns, which, as commissioner, Scott acted upon.

JMarkJohns
09-20-2011, 11:11 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the SEC goes after Oklahoma/Oklahoma State with A&M and Missouri. Gains markets and footholds and adds four quality football programs and solidifies them as the unquestioned and unrivaled king of football. Not sure why OU wants to got from a top-3 guaranteed place amongst the Pac-16 to top-5/6/7 amongst the SEC, but hey, maybe they hate Texas' special concessions and ego that much.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 11:19 PM
SEC wouldn't do that. They have been trying to avoid legal action this whole time, and it looks like they can finally add A&M without any headaches.

coyotes_geek
09-20-2011, 11:19 PM
SEC will officially announce A&M to be a member in the next day or 2, now that the PAC has said they aren't expanding. Mizzou won't get an invite. The SEC will stay at 13 members for the time being.

Reports are out there that they've already got an unofficial invite. Besides 13 is a tough number to work with.

Call it what you want, none got an invite.

Certainly true.

Sisk
09-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Reports are out there that they've already got an unofficial invite. Besides 13 is a tough number to work with.

Definitely true, but it could be done for a season. Slive said he'd do it.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 11:24 PM

Certainly true.

Slive on 13 members.

SEC commissioner Mike Slive issued a statement on Monday night saying that he is “optimistic” that Texas A&M will be able to join the conference and that it has begun to look at scheduling for 13 teams in 2012-13. Here’s the full text of Slive’s release:

“In the 78 year history of the SEC, the conference had accepted the membership applications of only two institutions—Arkansas and South Carolina. Texas A&M is now the third. We remain optimistic that Texas A&M will be a member of the SEC and have started to look at schedules for 2012-13 involving thirteen teams.

“As I said over the past year or so, the SEC has had no particular interest in expansion. We were, and are, happy with 12 teams. If Texas A&M’s President, Dr. Bowen Loftin had not called me in late July, we had no plans to explore adding an institution.

“However, when President Loftin called we became interested. Texas A&M is an outstanding academic institution with an exceptional athletic program, passionate fans and wonderful traditions. While the SEC wasn’t thinking about expansion, it was impossible not to be interested in Texas A&M. As you can see from the unanimous vote of our twelve Presidents/Chancellors, we would very much like to have Texas A&M as a member of our conference.

“When Texas A&M joins our conference, we don’t have immediate plans for a 14th member. We aren’t thinking in terms of numbers. We think about the strength of the SEC and the attractiveness of Texas A&M as an institution.”

coyotes_geek
09-20-2011, 11:32 PM
I get that, yet every two minutes the crawler on the bottom of my tv says that some paper in Birmingham is reporting that the sec presidents have informally agreed to invite Missouri.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 11:33 PM
:lol yeah. I really don't understand why ESPN releases things like that when they are proven wrong time after time.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 11:33 PM
I hope the big12 stays together and we leave ASAP. Get this over with already

coyotes_geek
09-20-2011, 11:38 PM
:lol yeah. I really don't understand why ESPN releases things like that when they are proven wrong time after time.

If it were just ESPN I wouldn't believe it, but the fact that theyre quoting a paper in sec turf gives it some credibility IMHO.

I hope the big12 stays together and we leave ASAP. Get this over with already

Definitely agree with you here.

DesignatedT
09-20-2011, 11:45 PM
If it were just ESPN I wouldn't believe it, but the fact that theyre quoting a paper in sec turf gives it some credibility IMHO.

That's true, I just don't see it.

Even if they were willing to take Mizzou, I'm sure it was with the anticipation that the BIG12 was going to collapse, I doubt they would extend an invite now opening themselves up to even more litigation threats.

Plus, Mizzou might even prefer to stay in a Big12 tbh.

stretch
09-21-2011, 08:15 AM
as interesting and fun as a Pac-16 with 4 pod conference sounded, I still wouldnt mind seeing a re-vamped Big 12. They can still be a very strong conference if they add BYU, TCU, and Houston, to replace A&M, Colorado, and Nebraska.

however, I think they should bring back 2 divisions, and have Texas and OU be the headliner of each. something like this...

Big-12 Divison 1

Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
BYU
Kansas
Missouri
Houston

Big-12 Divison 2

Texas
Texas Tech
TCU
Kansas State
Iowa State
Baylor

I think that this could most definitely turn out to be a strong conference, if they indeed intend to try to keep the Big-12 together.

tlongII
09-21-2011, 09:05 AM
as interesting and fun as a Pac-16 with 4 pod conference sounded, I still wouldnt mind seeing a re-vamped Big 12. They can still be a very strong conference if they add BYU, TCU, and Houston, to replace A&M, Colorado, and Nebraska.

however, I think they should bring back 2 divisions, and have Texas and OU be the headliner of each. something like this...

Big-12 Divison 1

Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
BYU
Kansas
Missouri
Houston

Big-12 Divison 2

Texas
Texas Tech
TCU
Kansas State
Iowa State
Baylor

I think that this could most definitely turn out to be a strong conference, if they indeed intend to try to keep the Big-12 together.

That's a decent conference. Texas and OU would most likely insist on an uneven playing field though.

stretch
09-21-2011, 09:44 AM
That's a decent conference.

inarguably the 2nd strongest football conference

JMarkJohns
09-21-2011, 09:47 AM
BYU, as well. They have their own network to look out for.

I'm not convinced Missouri stays longterm. Maybe add New Mexico in their place.

tlongII
09-21-2011, 09:52 AM
inarguably the 2nd strongest football conference

DMX7
09-21-2011, 09:56 AM
"BYU, TCU, and Houston, to replace A&M, Colorado, and Nebraska"

-That just hurts my head thinking out. It probably isn't unrealistic at this point.

pkbpkb81
09-21-2011, 10:01 AM
West Virginia and Louisville may be options as well

but if mizzou leaves and the big 12 has to add 4 team it is almost no way it won't be watered down

stretch
09-21-2011, 10:04 AM

:lmao pac-12

djohn2oo8
09-21-2011, 10:11 AM
"BYU, TCU, and Houston, to replace A&M, Colorado, and Nebraska"

-That just hurts my head thinking out. It probably isn't unrealistic at this point.

No way UT lets U of H in. No way.

djohn2oo8
09-21-2011, 10:13 AM
It'll likely be BYU, Louisville, TCU, Boise State if 4 teams needed.

stretch
09-21-2011, 10:25 AM

works fine for me. definitely a very strong football conference. concerns over BSUs lack of audience IMO is more than made up for by the other audiences.

pkbpkb81
09-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Louisville will add a lot to basketball

stretch
09-21-2011, 10:26 AM
louisville will add a lot to basketball

+1

Blake
09-21-2011, 10:29 AM

The Pac turning them down explains a lot regarding Boren's recent statements.

Blake
09-21-2011, 10:45 AM

BYU I could see.

not TCU. They add nothing to the TV market and they seem pretty set with the Big East.

Boise St would be interesting, but no TV markets.

Louisville doesn't really matter much either.

I think if the Big 12 stays together, I think they add BYU and stay at 10 for a while.

stretch
09-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Big 12 has so much potential to be a great conference. I really hope Texas makes some concessions to help keep the Big-12 together. If they can legitimately add schools like BYU, TCU, and Louisville, they should be more than willing to concede a little.

djohn2oo8
09-21-2011, 10:50 AM
BYU I could see.

not TCU. They add nothing to the TV market and they seem pretty set with the Big East.

I think if the Big 12 stays together, I think they add BYU and stay at 10 for a while.

The rumor going around is TCU wants to return to the MWC, but idk

djohn2oo8
09-21-2011, 10:53 AM
BYU I could see.

Louisville adds alot to basketball though, so that would be the motivation to add them.

vander
09-21-2011, 10:57 AM

really? that would be great

Blake
09-21-2011, 11:09 AM

FORT WORTH, Texas — Instead of a wake, the presidents and athletic directors of the Big East Conference held a virtual solidarity rally Tuesday in New York.

And while no reported blood oaths were taken, the leaders of the league’s football-playing schools appear prepared to reaffirm their commitments.

How prepared?

Prepared enough, sources say, to pledge to abide by the conference’s 27-month advance notice requirement for teams wishing to withdraw.

The six remaining Big East football-playing schools, plus TCU, which joins the conference in 2012, met Tuesday evening at the Grand Hyatt hotel in midtown Manhattan. That, in itself, has to be considered a positive sign.

From a TCU standpoint, the meetings have to be viewed as a positive development. The Horned Frogs are already committed to the Big East. The new conference is their ticket into a possible future BCS bowl bid.

Barring a complete disembowelment of the conference, the Big East — and the Big 12, too, for that matter — will retain its automatic BCS bid through the 2013 football season

more:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/football/view/20110921big_east_sticking_together_giving_tcu_caus e_for_hope/srvc=sports&position=recent_bullet

JMarkJohns
09-21-2011, 11:11 AM
I think Louisville Basketball generates like 20+ million per season. That's substantial for basketball. And they have a pro-style Arena, so more eyes for game revenue, etc...

Louisville adds a lot and adds some viewership to a region now an SEC stronghold (just like the SEC is doing with added A&M to the Big-12 region).

Reports are that the Big East will likely survive, but do so with a return to it's original emphasis as a dominantly basketball conference. While Louisville basketball fits that mold, I doubt Louisville wants to sacrifice its football program that, at one point, showed real promise to stay Big East when the conference doesn't have the horses now to remain a BCS AQ conference, especially once Rutgers and UConn bolt.

Should Big-12 get Louisville, the ACC get Rutgers and UConn, and the SEC get West Virginia, I think the Big East goes after Xavier, Butler, maybe Dayton-types to round out its basketball focus. Maybe St. Joseph's as well for the lost Pennsylvania viewership (I know the market already is owned by Villanova, but still). This likely means Cincinnati moves on, maybe back to Conference USA, as I don't see them wanting to sacrifice their football program, either.

Big East becomes Georgetown, St. John's, Notre Dame, Villanova, Marquette, Seton Hall, Providence, DePaul, Xavier, Butler, St. Joseph's and Dayton or UCF. Makes sense.

It would be hilarious if the Big East loots a couple other conferences again after the former commissioner's statements about greed and how this conference raiding is ruining college athletics.

pkbpkb81
09-21-2011, 11:42 AM
good job blake

Blake
09-21-2011, 11:50 AM
I think Louisville Basketball generates like 20+ million per season. That's substantial for basketball. And they have a pro-style Arena, so more eyes for game revenue, etc...

Lmao at the "KFC Yum! Center"

I'm sold.

CubanMustGo
09-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Texas screwed the pooch on the Big 12 deal ... surprise ...

The Pac-12 decided it won't expand further late Tuesday because commissioner Larry Scott failed to get assurance that Texas would back an equal revenue sharing plan if the league added the Longhorns, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.com.

Scott didn't endorse expansion to the league's presidents and chancellors, the source said.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6998751/pac-12-conference-decides-expand-further

stretch
09-21-2011, 12:11 PM
LOLOLOLOL

more proof that texas was in charge this entire team, even when people thought otherwise

LMAO OU

smart business thinking on texas' end by not budging, and now everyone knows who is in charge. they knew from the get-go they would have to give up some things for the Big-12 to work, but after all this happened the way it did, they likely dont have to give up nearly as much.

at this point, its entirely up to them whether the big-12 works or not. even though they are clearly in charge now, they still need to know when to stop playing hardball, and restore some stability to the Big-12. it appears they do.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-big12-texas

Axe Murderer
09-21-2011, 12:14 PM
LOLOLOLOL

more proof that texas was in charge this entire team, even when people thought otherwise

LMAO OU

smart business thinking on texas' end by not budging, and now everyone knows who is in charge. they knew from the get-go they would have to give up some things for the Big-12 to work, but after all this happened the way it did, they likely dont have to give up nearly as much.

at this point, its entirely up to them whether the big-12 works or not. even though they are clearly in charge now, they still need to know when to stop playing hardball, and restore some stability to the Big-12. it appears they do.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-big12-texas

http://www.fansedge.com/Texas-Longhorns-T-Shirt-_-615837051_PG.html

JMarkJohns
09-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Lmao at the "KFC Yum! Center"

I'm sold.

Yeah, it's a stupid fuckin' name, but they generate more basketball revenue than any current Big-12 program, and have been tops in the nation several times.

coyotes_geek
09-21-2011, 12:28 PM

Texas screwed OU's & OkState's pooch, not their own.

coyotes_geek
09-21-2011, 12:30 PM

Big-12 Divison 1

Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
BYU
Kansas
Missouri
Houston

Big-12 Divison 2

Texas
Texas Tech
TCU
Kansas State
Iowa State
Baylor

So basically the big 12 could become a souped up Southwest Conference.

stretch
09-21-2011, 12:31 PM

The Pac-12 decided it won't expand further late Tuesday because commissioner Larry Scott failed to get assurance that Texas would back an equal revenue sharing plan if the league added the Longhorns, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.com.

Scott didn't endorse expansion to the league's presidents and chancellors, the source said.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6998751/pac-12-conference-decides-expand-further

tbh, why the hell would Texas agree to do equal revenue sharing in the Pac-12, if they can do it and keep the Big-12 together, and have much more power within the conference?

smart thinking by UT tbh.

stretch
09-21-2011, 12:34 PM
So basically the big 12 could become a souped up Southwest Conference.

pretty much

now, with all the jokes and BS aside, I have honest question for aggie fan

if UT is willing to go along with revenue sharing, and tones down some of their Network, and they can add some stronger schools like BYU, TCU, Louisville, Boise State, West Virginia, or whatever other teams that could potentially become part of the Big-12, if given the option, would you rather A&M stay in the Big-12, or go to the SEC?

again, im just trying to get your personal opinion, as opposed to bash or make jokes. i can understand both sides, just want to see what general Aggie fan would honestly rather do.

HomerFan092120
09-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Goddammit, we need to idolize the Texas spirit and go independent! Just like the state could secede and be on its own our football team needs to do the same thing! Anyone who tries to stop us should be nuked!

Texas, Fuck Yeah!!!

JMarkJohns
09-21-2011, 12:39 PM
tbh, why the hell would Texas agree to do equal revenue sharing in the Pac-12, if they can do it and keep the Big-12 together, and have much more power within the conference?

smart thinking by UT tbh.

Because the Pac's TV deal is worth double what the current Big-12's is worth, and even with the LHN, Texas by failing to join the Pac and share revenue still costs itself money. Also, the stability of the Pac vs. the instability of the Big-12.

And as far as joining a conference for finding a home for their non-football programs and Olympic sports, the Pac is the best conference overall and by miles.

If it's only about control, it's smart. If it's about anything else, I think they lose money, both shortterm and longterm, and maybe miss on an opportunity to be a part of a stable and dominant conference overall, one with the most overall Title success in all athletics, a strong commitment to academics, and the biggest TV deal in the history of big TV deals, I'm not so sure.

Sacrificed the future on the altar of the immediate, and, in the process, may have burned enough of a bridge to not have the favor and good will they would have with the Pac in the future when they need the Pac should/when the Big-12 in whatever format falls apart. Pac will always take Texas, but it might means even less control and fewer minor concessions than they were willing to give Texas this time around.

stretch
09-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Because the Pac's TV deal is worth double what the current Big-12's is worth, and even with the LHN, Texas by failing to join the Pac and share revenue still costs itself money. Also, the stability of the Pac vs. the instability of the Big-12.

And as far as joining a conference for finding a home for their non-football programs and Olympic sports, the Pac is the best conference overall and by miles.

If it's only about control, it's smart. If it's about anything else, I think they lose money, both shortterm and longterm, and maybe miss on an opportunity to be a part of a stable and dominant conference overall, one with the most overall Title success in all athletics, a strong commitment to academics, and the biggest TV deal in the history of big TV deals, I'm not so sure.

Sacrificed the future on the altar of the immediate, and, in the process, may have burned enough of a bridge to not have the favor and good will they would have with the Pac in the future when they need the Pac should/when the Big-12 in whatever format falls apart. Pac will always take Texas, but it might means even less control and fewer minor concessions than they were willing to give Texas this time around.

From the sound of it, basically the only thing that is truly making the Big-12 unstable is the lack of revenue sharing. If Texas is willing to bend a bit in that area, and the Big-12 adds some nice programs, they will be an extremely strong conference.

stretch
09-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Goddammit, we need to idolize the Texas spirit and go independent! Just like the state could secede and be on its own our football team needs to do the same thing! Anyone who tries to stop us should be nuked!

Texas, Fuck Yeah!!!

one of my favorite trolls of all time

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-21-2011, 01:09 PM
From the sound of it, basically the only thing that is truly making the Big-12 unstable is the lack of revenue sharing. If Texas is willing to bend a bit in that area, and the Big-12 adds some nice programs, they will be an extremely strong conference.
What "nice programs" wanna join a conference that is constantly unstable and has a school that wants to control everything while being as stingy as possible sharing revenue?

coyotes_geek
09-21-2011, 01:18 PM
pretty much

now, with all the jokes and BS aside, I have honest question for aggie fan

if UT is willing to go along with revenue sharing, and tones down some of their Network, and they can add some stronger schools like BYU, TCU, Louisville, Boise State, West Virginia, or whatever other teams that could potentially become part of the Big-12, if given the option, would you rather A&M stay in the Big-12, or go to the SEC?

again, im just trying to get your personal opinion, as opposed to bash or make jokes. i can understand both sides, just want to see what general Aggie fan would honestly rather do.

Easy call for me. Go to the SEC. For me, there's three reasons why.

1. Texas might be willing to agree to a more even split of the big12's pie that they're currently getting a double share on, but the LHN money is theirs. If they didn't want to share that money with USC/Oregon/Stanford/etc they're surely not going to share it with Baylor/Kansas/K-State/etc. Toning down the LHN, dumping Beebe and whatever other "demands" Texas might consider agreeing to would just be cosmetic. The Big 12 will continue to be a conference whose survival depends solely on Texas. Great for you if you're Texas. Not so great for you if you're not.

2. While the big 12 can build itself a decent football conference by adding the likes of TCU, WVU and/or some others, there's no way that the long term earning power of that conference will outpace the SEC's.

3. Long term, the Big 12 is still fucked for no other reason than geography. They're surrounded by better conferences and if those conferences want to expand, the big 12 is their prime target. Whenever the superconference fad breaks loose, the big 12 is going to get eaten up.

DesignatedT
09-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Butthurt sips scared to play the Aggies going forward :lol

I thought I'd never see the day where Texas had its ego bruised so badly lmao

Bill_Brasky
09-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Once again, UT strings schools along, hinting that they will do one thing while knowing all along that they're gonna do something else.

Props to Larry though on actually having balls and saying "no", something that UT isn't at all used to hearing.

Sisk
09-21-2011, 02:12 PM

I thought I'd never see the day where Texas had its ego bruised so badly lmao

yavozerb
09-21-2011, 02:13 PM

:nope

stretch
09-21-2011, 02:18 PM
What "nice programs" wanna join a conference that is constantly unstable and has a school that wants to control everything while being as stingy as possible sharing revenue?

programs that have outgrown the shitty non-AQ conferences that they are currently in

stretch
09-21-2011, 02:20 PM

oh, i assume this 100% true claim comes from yet another aggiefan self-written article, as aggie has been doing this entire time?

rofl

stretch
09-21-2011, 02:22 PM
:nope

yeah I just chose to ignore that part. they havent exactly been a dominant conference in quite some time now. at least in football anyways

Sisk
09-21-2011, 02:24 PM
oh, i assume this 100% true claim comes from yet another aggiefan self-written article, as aggie has been doing this entire time?

rofl

Try your athletic director.

stretch
09-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Try your athletic director.

He said he is afraid to play Texas A&M?

Link?

Fpoonsie
09-21-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't wanna leave for the SEC, if for no other reason than the ease of shit-talking in-state.

The only SEC-ers close enough to get into it with are LSU fans, and most of 'em are "lock-your-doors" black, so I'm prolly not gonna wanna...

Sisk
09-21-2011, 02:28 PM
He said he is afraid to play Texas A&M?

Link?

Dodds on playing A&M: "I think it will be hard to schedule that game."

http://blog.chron.com/longhorns/2011/09/dodds-hints-that-ut-am-football-rivalry-may-end/

Sisk
09-21-2011, 02:29 PM
The only SEC-ers close enough to get into it with are LSU fans, and most of 'em are "lock-your-doors" black, so I'm prolly not gonna wanna...

stretch
09-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Easy call for me. Go to the SEC. For me, there's three reasons why.

1. Texas might be willing to agree to a more even split of the big12's pie that they're currently getting a double share on, but the LHN money is theirs. If they didn't want to share that money with USC/Oregon/Stanford/etc they're surely not going to share it with Baylor/Kansas/K-State/etc. Toning down the LHN, dumping Beebe and whatever other "demands" Texas might consider agreeing to would just be cosmetic. The Big 12 will continue to be a conference whose survival depends solely on Texas. Great for you if you're Texas. Not so great for you if you're not.

2. While the big 12 can build itself a decent football conference by adding the likes of TCU, WVU and/or some others, there's no way that the long term earning power of that conference will outpace the SEC's.

3. Long term, the Big 12 is still fucked for no other reason than geography. They're surrounded by better conferences and if those conferences want to expand, the big 12 is their prime target. Whenever the superconference fad breaks loose, the big 12 is going to get eaten up.

Understandable, certainly in a business sense.

But if A&M wants any chance to improve the relevance of their program, IMO the Big-12 would be their only chance. Going to the SEC would only cause their program to fade into irrelevance more than it already has, IMO.

I think the Big-12 has more earning potential than you think, but its hard to argue against the SEC's earning potential.

However, as for superconferences, I've heard more and more rumors that most conferences honestly do NOT want such a thing to happen. Could just be nonsense, who knows. Personally, I'm only interested in superconferences if it results in a playoff system. But if there won't be one, I think the way conferences are now is just fine, keeping them in the 8-12 team range is good.

Sisk
09-21-2011, 02:32 PM
But if A&M wants any chance to improve the relevance of their program, IMO the Big-12 would be their only chance. Going to the SEC would only cause their program to fade into irrelevance more than it already has, IMO.

No, if we want to increase our relevance we have to get away from texas. Of course, we have to win too. Winning started last year, and will continue this year.

SEC will increase our national exposure.

stretch
09-21-2011, 02:34 PM
http://blog.chron.com/longhorns/2011/09/dodds-hints-that-ut-am-football-rivalry-may-end/

ROFL

no where did I sense him saying he is afraid to play A&M, nor was it stated.

if anything, its pointless to schedule yet another shitbag OOC team on the schedule on an annual basis than what they already have.

secondly, the UT/A&M rivalry means a hell of a lot more to A&M than it does to UT. UT isnt nearly as dependent on their rivalry game as teams like A&M and OU are. im pretty sure the real reason he states that is to point that exact fact out, that it does not hurt UT in the least bit to give up that annual rivalry.

Sisk
09-21-2011, 02:36 PM
ROFL

if anything, its pointless to schedule yet another shitbag OOC team on the schedule on an annual basis than what they already have.

secondly, the UT/A&M rivalry means a hell of a lot more to A&M than it does to UT. UT isnt nearly as dependent on their rivalry game as teams like A&M and OU are. im pretty sure the real reason he states that is to point that exact fact out, that it does not hurt UT in the least bit to give up that annual rivalry.

Did you literally think he said he was scared of playing A&M? Idiot.

Personally, I hope the rivalry dies and we play LSU on t-day. They're the better team.

stretch
09-21-2011, 02:37 PM
SEC will increase our national exposure.

Um, yeah. In a negative way when they are getting the shit kicked out of them by teams they have no rivalry with like Bama, Florida, and such, as opposed to getting the shit beat out of them in games that are actually somewhat anticipated around the nation against longtime rivals such as UT.

:lmao @ aggie's inability to understand how potentially fucked their program is, unless they string together a number of good seasons to begin their time in the SEC. if A&M immediately begins bottomfeeding, they are 100% completely screwed.

Sisk
09-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Um, yeah. In a negative way when they are getting the shit kicked out of them by teams they have no rivalry with like Bama, Florida, and such, as opposed to getting the shit beat out of them in games that are actually somewhat anticipated around the nation against longtime rivals such as UT.

:lmao @ aggie's inability to understand how potentially fucked their program is, unless they string together a number of good seasons to begin their time in the SEC. if A&M immediately begins bottomfeeding, they are 100% completely screwed.

You're an idiot.

Fpoonsie
09-21-2011, 02:40 PM
ROFL

I've been thinkin about this recently, and while I think it's obvious the rivalry DOES mean more to A&M (though, horn fan still downplays the importance more than they should), I think Texas has become genuinely concerned about that game each year, seeing as how the playing field has somewhat leveled off in the last decade or so.

So, while they may not gain all that much from winning, they risk a LOT by losing (which has become more and more common recently), and, thus, they're hesitant to schedule A&M if they see a way out.

stretch
09-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Did you literally think he said he was scared of playing A&M? Idiot.

Personally, I hope the rivalry dies and we play LSU on t-day. They're the better team.

So basically you want to attempt to develop a rivalry with a school that has absolutely no reason in any figment of an imagination to start a rivalry with you, by getting the shit kicked out of you on national television annually?

Yeah, makes sense :lmao

Generally, rivalrys are started when two teams that are GOOD, play each other on a regular basis and have consistent games. Either that, or are located very closely together. Unfortunately, A&M and LSU have neither of those things to begin a rivalry on, and likely never will. It would be as if Purdue joined the Big 12 and decide they want the annual game against UT to become a rivalry. Never gonna happen.

Sisk
09-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Who won last year? Who will win this year? Who has won more in the last 35 years?

Sisk
09-21-2011, 02:43 PM
So basically you want to attempt to develop a rivalry with a school that has absolutely no reason in any figment of an imagination to start a rivalry with you, by getting the shit kicked out of you on national television annually?

Generally, rivalrys are started when two teams that are GOOD, play each other on a regular basis and have consistent games. Either that, or are located very closely together. Unfortunately, A&M and LSU have neither of those things to begin a rivalry on, and likely never will. It would be as if Purdue joined the Big 12 and decide they want the annual game against UT to become a rivalry. Never gonna happen.

We have a rivalry with LSU. A history with LSU. We are also close to LSU.

Texas A&M is closer to LSU than texas is to OU.

Back to my point: you're an idiot.

stretch
09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I've been thinkin about this recently, and while I think it's obvious the rivalry DOES mean more to A&M (though, horn fan still downplays the importance more than they should), I think Texas has become genuinely concerned about that game each year, seeing as how the playing field has somewhat leveled off in the last decade or so.

So, while they may not gain all that much from winning, they risk a LOT by losing (which has become more and more common recently), and, thus, they're hesitant to schedule A&M if they see a way out.

Nice to see an actual decent Aggie on here make a good point and not talk out of their ass.

And I honestly cant say I disagree with any of your points. Jokes aside, it wouldnt make a whole lot of sense to schedule them annually. If you schedule an OOC opponent, you either want real trash teams to basically serve as a pre-season for your squad, or you schedule the absolute best. Doesn't make sense to schedule middle-of-pack teams, as there is too much at risk if you fuck up and lose the game.

DesignatedT
09-21-2011, 02:44 PM

You obviously know nothing about the Rivalry between A&M and LSU. They are also very excited to be able to spark it up with us again. They really have no "true" rival in the SEC at this moment.

They have tried to push an Arkansas/LSU rivalry but it just hasn't worked out like an A&M/LSU rivalry will. The schools have great history together.

stretch
09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
We have a rivalry with LSU. A history with LSU. We are also close to LSU.

Back to my point: you're an idiot.

:sleep

massively ancient rivalry, pretty much inactive. until last year, they hadnt played in what, 15 years?

stretch
09-21-2011, 02:50 PM
You obviously know nothing about the Rivalry between A&M and LSU. They are also very excited to be able to spark it up with us again. They really have no "true" rival in the SEC at this moment.

They have tried to push an Arkansas/LSU rivalry but it just hasn't worked out like an A&M/LSU rivalry will. The schools have great history together.

neat. have fun with that. in a few years, Aggies will privately be crying ":cry its just not the same as the annual facefucking at the hands of UT! :cry"

DesignatedT
09-21-2011, 02:55 PM
So, after saying that..

Nice to see an actual decent Aggie on here make a good point and not talk out of their ass.

You come back with this......

neat. have fun with that. in a few years, Aggies will privately be crying ":cry its just not the same as the annual facefucking at the hands of UT! :cry"

nice.

stretch
09-21-2011, 03:00 PM
So, after saying that..

You come back with this......

nice.

its not Fpoonsie's fault hes halfway decent and actually worth having a legit discussion with, and you/sisk are dumbasses that deserve nothing other than stupid replies full of nonsense and bullshit, no different than 98% of both of your posts.

Axe Murderer
09-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Who won last year? Who will win this year? Who has won more in the last 35 years?

Doesn't really matter. Texas is the much bigger name and A&M continuing their rivalry would only help them get national exposure while UT will remain UT regardless of who they play. That's why they don't care about the rivalry like TAMU does

coyotes_geek
09-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Understandable, certainly in a business sense.

I think the Big-12 has more earning potential than you think, but its hard to argue against the SEC's earning potential.

However, as for superconferences, I've heard more and more rumors that most conferences honestly do NOT want such a thing to happen. Could just be nonsense, who knows. Personally, I'm only interested in superconferences if it results in a playoff system. But if there won't be one, I think the way conferences are now is just fine, keeping them in the 8-12 team range is good.

Certainly those who like A&M and those who don't are going to ahve a pretty big void between their expectations of how A&M will compete in the SEC, with bias playing a pretty big role on both sides of that arguement.

No doubt A&M's "sporadic" success in the history of the big 12 combined with an awful bowl record gives A&M's detractors plenty of reasons to doubt A&M's ability to compete in the SEC. My take is that A&M has all the tools to compete in the SEC (facilities, fan base, academics, geography) they've just made a bunch of shitty personnel decisions. For example, I certainly don't think the Dennis Franchione era is indicative of A&M's football potential. A&M's got the resources to compete, they just need the right people making decisions. I trust Loftin and Byrne, and while I wasn't in favor of Sherman I think you've got to admit he's done a pretty good job rebuilding the mess that Fran left.

So if they've got the resources to compete in the SEC, I think they're better off trying their luck in that conference as opposed to the Big 12 where Texas is always going to be looking to stack the deck against everyone else.

At least that's my $0.02.

stretch
09-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Doesn't really matter. Texas is the much bigger name and A&M continuing their rivalry would only help them get national exposure while UT will remain UT regardless of who they play. That's why they don't care about the rivalry like TAMU does

_xe _urderer

coyotes_geek
09-21-2011, 03:21 PM

Solid points. I agree.

Texas knows that they don't need to play a tough non-conference schedule to be highly ranked so there's little incentive for them to take on a bunch of non-conference risks.

Bill_Brasky
09-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Post from raiderpower:

Just got of the phone with my dad and his legislative buddy and kind of got the scoop. For those that don't already know, this is a life long friend of my dad's, Tech alum, very plugged in, and former state legislator (a very well respected one...). We did a conference call, so I got to ask questions directly. I'll try and be brief, but it will take a bit...

A&M - They aren't coming back unless hell really does freeze over...

The SEC - Slive is taking the gloves off b/c of Baylor and UT trying to meddle. The SEC is very much after Mizz, and would like to add Tech and KU as well... They would really, really like to add Tech b/c Tech would expand them clear across Texas and would cut UT off to an extent. We also would be a regional partner for A&M. KU is much the same as Tech in this situation, they'd compliment KU very well. WVU was spurned b/c they think they can get Tech, Mizz and KU. If that fails, they might re-visit the WVU idea. *I'll get to Tech's stance on this further down...

The ACC - Not a realistic option... His words...

The Big 10 - They don't want us, we don't want them, mutually beneficial hate...

The Big East - Adding schools from here isn't an option yet b/c it's likely they'll get further plundered....

The Big 12(redux).... Some of the administration is hoping for this, b/c they're scared to see us go out on our own... Most of the administration think this idea is horrible. I was told that the conference would end up being a travel nightmare, completely watered down and filled with teams that truly hate each other.

The Pac12 - Right now they're putting the screws to UT, and they really, really don't care if UT comes or not... Rice is NOT an option. He said he hadn't heard that at all, and he's talked to Scott personally.. The rumor that OU doesn't have the votes is ********. OU, OSU and Tech have the votes... Arizona, AZ State, Cal, Colorado and Stanford are objecting to OU and OSU, but it's mainly posturing... The only one really objecting to Tech is Colorado... That needs no explanation..

Now on to Tech's position on all this... There's a sentiment that's growing that the PAC may not be of much benefit to Tech other than an upgrade in a TV contract... The thought is that we (Tech) are wanting to expand the Jones to accommodate 72,000 in the future. We want to sell that 72k out... The thought is that ticket sales will be an issue... Obviously OU, UT, USC and Oregon would sell out the Jones every year, but we won't have all four of those at home any year... So we'll likely have 1-2 guaranteed sell outs per year, the rest would be up in the air... People will show up for the first year, but the newness will wear off, and our fans just don't identify with the PAC schools...

Conversely, the thought is, if we go with the SEC, we'll sell out a lot of games (even at 72k). SEC fans will also travel, west coast fans will not (proven fact)... The Jones would sell out for LSU, Georgia, Bama, Florida, Tennessee, A&M, Auburn, you get the idea... The only teams that aren't a big draw for the Tech fan base are Vandy, Ole Miss and Miss St.. Word is, if the 4 Big 12 teams the SEC wants join, the TV contracts would top 50 mil for sure and likely come close to 60 mil (insane, I know)...

He wasn't willing to say that the SEC was favored right now, but don't be surprised if, all of a sudden, we are #15 or 16... He did say that the more time that goes by, the worse the chances are of the PAC being our home b/c we're very concerned about the things mentioned...

He told me that many of our big money donors are balking at the PAC idea, but are fully on board with the SEC idea. Nobody likes the Big 12 idea unless A&M stays... He also said that Guy Bailey has some serious SEC connections and is getting a lot done here and Tuberville has been of great help here as well... Just know that our president and HC seem to prefer the SEC...

He said that OU was brilliant by going on the offensive and giving the list of demands. They all seem reasonable to reasonable people, but UT will not be reasonable.. This will make OU, OSU and A&M that have put UT out there as the bad guy. They basically are beat UT at their own game, and UT is ******....

I was also told that our administration had felt betrayed by UT earlier this year, but when UT let it float out there that they were going to start a dirty PR campaign against Tech, well, that was the end of that marriage... Now, does that mean we don't stick with them, no, but our "partnership" with them is done.

So, ultimately, we're "exploring all options". He said at this point nothing would surprise him b/c it all changes hourly.. There is no real time table, but the SEC would like to get enough Big 12 members to force OU and OSU west and just dissolve the conference and wipe out the lawsuit etc... He wouldn't make a prediction on where we end up, but he said if he and the donors had any say in it, it wouldn't be the Big 12...

leemajors
09-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Post from raiderpower:

interesting

DesignatedT
09-21-2011, 03:47 PM
:lmao at that post

SEC wants Tech and KU :lol

stretch
09-21-2011, 03:49 PM
lol

coyotes_geek
09-21-2011, 03:57 PM
They would really, really like to add Tech b/c Tech would expand them clear across Texas and would cut UT off to an extent.

Somebody might want to clue this guy in that conference realignment doesn't work like some WW2 board game. Adding Tech does not mean that the SEC gets to build a Maginot Line between College Station and Lubbock, effectively cutting off Metroplex longhorn fans from their supply lines to Austin, thus forcing them into surrender and declaring alligience to the SEC.

Bill_Brasky
09-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Somebody might want to clue this guy in that conference realignment doesn't work like some WW2 board game. Adding Tech does not mean that the SEC gets to build a Maginot Line between College Station and Lubbock, effectively cutting off Metroplex longhorn fans from their supply lines to Austin, thus forcing them into surrender and declaring alligience to the SEC.

Aggie(on A&M joining the SEC): Good recruits will want to come play in the SEC but be able to stay in Texas! Huge advantage!

Aggie(on Tech joining the SEC): It's not a board game!

Bill_Brasky
09-21-2011, 04:02 PM
fwiw I know SEC won't happen, nor do I really want it to. Just a post with some info that I thought might be relevant to the thread.

Would be a nice fit culturally though, as Tech is a very "good ole boy" school, and the SEC is a very "good ole boy" conference.

coyotes_geek
09-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Aggie(on A&M joining the SEC): Good recruits will want to come play in the SEC but be able to stay in Texas! Huge advantage!

Uh, okay. Whatever this is supposed to mean............

DesignatedT
09-21-2011, 04:07 PM

djohn2oo8
09-21-2011, 04:09 PM

Bill_Brasky
09-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Uh, okay. Whatever this is supposed to mean............

It's supposed to mean that all the arguments that you used in favor of Aggy joining the SEC, you will now ignore and contradict because you don't want Tech to join the SEC.

Petty, and very "T.U."-ish.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin:r ollin:rollindid you see what I did there??????????????

DesignatedT
09-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Bro, it's not about you having no advantages by Joining the SEC.

It's the thought that you actually think the SEC would want/invite Tech. :lmao

djohn2oo8
09-21-2011, 04:19 PM

Not that far fetched. They only wanted aggies for recruiting.

DesignatedT
09-21-2011, 04:21 PM

Not true at all.

Bill_Brasky
09-21-2011, 04:22 PM

You would think that after everyone literally laughed in Aggy's face when they suggested wanting to join the SEC, Aggy fan would gain a greater appreciation for how things work and learn to show a little humility.

Nope!

Bill_Brasky
09-21-2011, 04:29 PM
In the last 15 years Tech is 10-5 vs A&M! That must mean we own the rivalry right????????

djohn2oo8
09-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Not true at all.
History of not winning bowl games says otherwise.

coyotes_geek
09-21-2011, 04:30 PM
It's supposed to mean that all the arguments that you used in favor of Aggy joining the SEC, you will now ignore and contradict because you don't want Tech to join the SEC.

Petty, and very "T.U."-ish.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin:r ollin:rollindid you see what I did there??????????????

An explaination as to how exactly Texas is getting "cut off" from something by having the SEC add Tech would be helpful here. If it's just the lucrative Lubbock TV market, I'm pretty sure the longhorns are going to be okay.

DesignatedT
09-21-2011, 04:35 PM
You would think that after everyone literally laughed in Aggy's face when they suggested wanting to join the SEC,

:lol Who's laughing in our face? We were unhappy with how things were run, we said we were going to leave and then we left. We said we wanted to join the SEC, we applied. No posturing, no bluffing, same cannot be said about the rest of the teams involved here.

Aggy fan would gain a greater appreciation for how things work and learn to show a little humility.

How do things work?

DesignatedT
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
In the last 15 years Tech is 10-5 vs A&M! That must mean we own the rivalry right????????

You have definitely outperformed us on the field the last 15 years..... What Aggie is saying otherwise?

Only reason A&M might bring up the last 15-35 years on the Horns is because they act like they have continued some sort of dominance over us when actually, in their lifetime, have a losing record against us.

djohn2oo8
09-21-2011, 04:39 PM
You have definitely outperformed us on the field the last 15 years..... What Aggie is saying otherwise?

Only reason A&M might bring up the last 15-35 years on the Horns is because they act like they have continued some sort of dominance over us when actually, in their lifetime, have a losing record against us.

lol not knowing the concept of "All time record" and making up some shit like "In your lifetime" record.

DesignatedT
09-21-2011, 04:40 PM
lol not knowing the concept of "All time record" and making up some shit like "In your lifetime" record.

Not the point I was making. Every Aggie knows Texas has been a more successful program out of the two and none are suggesting otherwise.

Bill_Brasky
09-21-2011, 04:42 PM
:lol Who's laughing in our face? We were unhappy with how things were run, we said we were going to leave and then we left. We said we wanted to join the SEC, we applied. No posturing, no bluffing, same cannot be said about the rest of the teams involved here.

I don't know what world you live in, but everyone laughed when A&M wanted to join the SEC because their level of competition is way higher than what A&M has demonstrated on the field. There are literally tons of threads on every sports website not called texags.com scoffing and loling at A&M for wanting to go.

I wasn't one of those, though. I thought A&M was just doing what it had to do, because the conference is clearly controlled by UT and only cares about them. I think A&M handled it well, even if it will take a few years for them to be competitive in that conference.

How do things work?

You literally want me to explain this to you? You want me to sit here and type out pages of information on how a school would go about joining a new conference?

stretch
09-21-2011, 04:47 PM

pretty much all it is, is a period from 84-94 where A&M went 10-1 against UT (which was almost certainly the weakest era of UT football), and since then UT has been 11-5 against A&M.

Bill_Brasky
09-21-2011, 04:50 PM
pretty much all it is, is a period from 84-94 where A&M went 10-1 against UT (which was almost certainly the weakest era of UT football), and since then UT has been 11-5 against A&M.

Exact point I was trying to make. You can't just take one selective period of time and say "See! We're more competitive than you thought!"

coyotes_geek
09-21-2011, 04:51 PM
You literally want me to explain this to you? You want me to sit here and type out pages of information on how a school would go about joining a new conference?

I wouldn't mind you literally explaining how the SEC adding Tech cuts off Texas from something. Is it TV markets? Recruiting? Conference expansion options?

Or is some tech fan just looking at a map and making a geographic observation that the longhorns would have an SEC team inside state borders to the east and another to the west of them and then deciding for his techie self that's just too fascinating a phenomenon to not have any significance?

Blake
09-21-2011, 04:54 PM
No, if we want to increase our relevance we have to get away from texas.

What state does Aggie want to move to?

stretch
09-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Exact point I was trying to make. You can't just take one selective period of time and say "See! We're more competitive than you thought!"

yeah, pretty comical, that they simply use the last 35 years, when texas was 6-13 against A&M, and 11-5 after that, with a total record of 17-18.

so basically, A&M got their asses handed to them for 80+ years, had close to a 20 year period of success, and have mostly been dominated ever since.

interesting...

stretch
09-21-2011, 04:55 PM

rofl

Blake
09-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Stupid.

djohn2oo8
09-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Bill_Brasky
09-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't mind you literally explaining how the SEC adding Tech cuts off Texas from something. Is it TV markets? Recruiting? Conference expansion options?

Or is some tech fan just looking at a map and making a geographic observation that the longhorns would have an SEC team inside state borders to the east and another to the west of them and then deciding for his techie self that's just too fascinating a phenomenon to not have any significance?

Actually a good question. I think they mean recruiting-wise, and it also means that Texas would be 2/3 SEC--you'd have to think recruiting would become stronger if this happens. Tubbs has been doing well in that department as it is, imagine if he had some SEC pull.

"Son, you don't wanna go to Texas, they don't play anybody. If you wanna get noticed, come to the SEC and play against some real competition" or some such bullshit would probably work on an 18 year old.

stretch
09-21-2011, 05:03 PM
"Son, you don't wanna go to Texas, they don't play anybody. If you wanna get noticed, come to the SEC and play against some real competition" or some such bullshit would probably work on an 18 year old.

it may work on a few, but most people arent stupid, and knows how much the eyes of the nation are always on UT no matter who they play.

ultimately, UT will still pretty much have 1st 2nd and 3rd dibs on the vast majority of State of Texas recruiting.

Blake
09-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Post from raiderpower:

The SEC is very much after Mizz, and would like to add Tech and KU as well... They would really, really like to add Tech b/c Tech would expand them clear across Texas and would cut UT off to an extent.

I don't which is funnier......the Pac wanting Rice or the SEC really, really wanting Tech.

Sisk
09-21-2011, 05:17 PM

They wanted the Aggies for $. Boat loads of money. hth

stretch
09-21-2011, 05:26 PM

I don't which is funnier......the Pac wanting Rice or the SEC really, really wanting Tech.

Blake
09-21-2011, 05:28 PM

How much $ will the Aggies bring to the SEC?

Sisk
09-21-2011, 05:32 PM
How much $ will the Aggies bring to the SEC?

$1,000,000,000/year

Blake
09-21-2011, 05:34 PM
$1,000,000,000/year

will they have to apply for a loan again from the university?

Sisk
09-21-2011, 06:14 PM
will they have to apply for a loan again from the university?

No we'll spend just $900,000,000.

pkbpkb81
09-21-2011, 06:33 PM
$1,000,000,000/year

I have read in more than one place a&m dose not add any money to sec

darren rovel wrote about it a few times

benefactor
09-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Wow...I bet the other Aggie fans on this board are wishing Sisk and DT were shot on the sheet instead of being conceived. This is embarrassing even by Aggie's standards.

djohn2oo8
09-21-2011, 06:48 PM

Is that why they want Tech too? :lmao

Sisk
09-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Wow...I bet the other Aggie fans on this board are wishing Sisk and DT were shot on the sheet instead of being conceived. This is embarrassing even by Aggie's standards.

Have we been proved wrong on anything? We're still going to the SEC. Texas and OU are staying in the big 12. The home schedule in Austin next year:

Wyoming
Iowa State
Missouri
Baylor

We're coming out pretty damn good. The SEC wants Texas A&M, primarily, for money. If you think the SEC presidents would vote in a school so their schools would get less, then I feel sorry for you.

Sisk
09-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Is that why they want Tech too? :lmao

I'd bet the ranch that Tech doesn't go to the SEC.