PDA

View Full Version : Holland - Denmark Game Thread

usdane
06-13-2010, 06:24 PM
We danes are ready to bend over. Without Bendtner up front we have no attack and no chance.

Holland is superior with or without Robben. A draw would be a miracle and I would sell it for a narrow loss.

But then again we had no chance in 92' and somehow won the Euro crown.
However we don't have any Laudrup brothers or Schmeichel anymore.

Spurologist
06-13-2010, 06:39 PM
We danes are ready to bend over. Without Bendtner up front we have no attack and no chance.

Holland is superior with or without Robben. A draw would be a miracle and I would sell it for a narrow loss.

But then again we had no chance in 92' and somehow won the Euro crown.
However we don't have any Laudrup brothers or Schmeichel anymore.

You actually do have Schmeichel. KASPER!

I hope it's a good game though......TBH I want them to lose b/c my Cameroonians are in the group. I want them to be in second place in the group. I'm not underestimating the danes though

usdane
06-13-2010, 08:00 PM
You actually do have Schmeichel. KASPER!

I hope it's a good game though......TBH I want them to lose b/c my Cameroonians are in the group. I want them to be in second place in the group. I'm not underestimating the danes though

We are usually tactically solid and find ways to get results. Look for a young talent Chistian Eriksen 18y and plays for Ajax Amsterdam if he gets some playing time.

We should be able to get out of the group and then who knows.

ElNono
06-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sold on Holland... we'll see after a few games...

DAF86
06-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Holland is second only to Spain right now. They play a beatiful style.

usdane
06-13-2010, 08:29 PM
How they did not win a WC in the 90's is beyond me with Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Bergkamp, Kluivert, Seedorf and Davids.

I see Holland in semi's for sure.

Spurologist
06-13-2010, 10:03 PM
How they did not win a WC in the 90's is beyond me with Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Bergkamp, Kluivert, Seedorf and Davids.

:wow

That lineup is insane....maybe the same story with the Real Madrid team with Beckham, Ronaldo, Zidane, R. Carlos, Figo

DAF86
06-13-2010, 10:11 PM
lol Beckham

Texas_Ranger
06-13-2010, 11:03 PM
I guess Nederland will win with a big goal difference. 4-0.

tlongII
06-13-2010, 11:36 PM
The Dutch are a fun team to watch.

velik_m
06-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Go Oranje!

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2010, 02:18 AM

u forgot de boar brothers, overmars, stam...that team was fkn stacked

Bukefal
06-14-2010, 04:34 AM

:wow

That lineup is insane....maybe the same story with the Real Madrid team with Beckham, Ronaldo, Zidane, R. Carlos, Figo

Yeah, it amazes me how did they not win the WC in 1998. They were so good and such a great team and they all could play together.

Now, I don't know. On paper they have one of the best teams, but they often have a lack of motivation and it doesn't gel between the players, at least that has been an issue in last years. Also, the Dutch play to 'not lose' instead of play 'to win'. Maybe there's a change this time though.

If they didnt win it back then in '98, I don't think they will now. But, maybe they make it into the finals. It would be nice.

This was their best team and their best coach back in 1998;

1 Van der Sar · 2 Reiziger · 3 Stam · 4 F. de Boer · 5 Numan · 6 Jonk · 7 R. de Boer · 8 Bergkamp · 9 Kluivert · 10 Seedorf · 11 Cocu · 12 Zenden · 13 Ooijer · 14 Overmars · 15 Bogarde · 16 Davids · 17 Van Hoojidonk · 18 De Goeij · 19 Van Bronckhorst · 20 Winter · 21 Hasselbaink · 22 Hesp ·

Coach: Hiddink

Bukefal
06-14-2010, 05:16 AM
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/541/65745449.png

Muser
06-14-2010, 05:39 AM
Holland always seem to suck on the big stage, they've had great teams in the past and done nothing. Kinda like England :(

Bukefal
06-14-2010, 06:28 AM
Oranjeeeeeeee!!! :clap :cheer

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2010, 06:43 AM
fuck all thesee wankers with the blow pipes...i wanna hear the crowds sing their anthems and other songs during games....fkn

usdane
06-14-2010, 07:17 AM
0-0 at halftime - I love it.

jack sommerset
06-14-2010, 07:32 AM
That was some shitty luck!

Spurologist
06-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Elia is a balla.......damn

Bukefal
06-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Elia did awesome, he should have scored that one. He changed the game in the second half, he added the needed energy. :tu

usdane
06-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Fuck - well on to the next one.

ElNono
06-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Holland is second only to Spain right now. They play a beatiful style.

Uh? That was pretty ugly until the reserves came in to save the day...
Holland needs to play better. They're not going to get an own-goal handed to them every game.

ElNono
06-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Denmark was way too mild and they looked really tired.

usdane
06-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Denmark was way too mild and they looked really tired.

That own goal just killed us.

DAF86
06-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Uh? That was pretty ugly until the reserves came in to save the day...
Holland needs to play better. They're not going to get an own-goal handed to them every game.

I didn't see the game 'cause I was in class but the fact that they played a not so good game today doesn't change the fact that they usually play really well.

Sense
06-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Holland played well, and had some good chances.... they could've easily scored 2 or 3 more goals.

ElNono
06-14-2010, 09:02 AM
I didn't see the game 'cause I was in class but the fact that they played a not so good game today doesn't change the fact that they usually play really well.

Maybe it's the pressure of winning the first game.

velik_m
06-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Victory! :king

Too bad i missed the whole game (had to work), i don't get why the games are so early, i think this is the first dutch game in WC or EC i missed in the last two decades :depressed.

velik_m
06-14-2010, 09:14 AM

The fucking penalty shootouts, that's how.

mountainballer
06-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Holland was ok, sometimes almost good, but not that impressive, considering Denmark was really bad. but the 1st game is usually very difficult and a win is a win and they obviously need some more time to build chemistry.
their advantage is, they have one of the more easy schedules before they will likely meet Brasil in the Quarterfinals. (I assume they win their group and win the first round against likely Paraguay). so they won't need Robben that bad. if Robben is back healthy (ok, he is never really healthy) for the PO in 2 weeks, they could look pretty good.

Mel_13
06-14-2010, 09:39 AM

:depressed

I've been a Dutch football fan since 1988. So many disappointing results, but the shootouts....92, 96, 98, 00...

Maybe this year.

Muser
06-14-2010, 09:42 AM
How many gifted goals have there been so far? Green/Algerias Goalkeeper/Denmark own goal/Kuzmanovic dumbass handball...

IronMexican
06-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Did this goddamn game start at 3 in the morning?

sefant77
06-14-2010, 12:21 PM

I thought the dutch problem was always more the chemistry inside the team (often beef/disharmony between the black and white players) and their mentality: Quitting too early and too often.

Bukefal
06-14-2010, 12:27 PM
I thought the dutch problem was always more the chemistry inside the team (often beef/disharmony between the black and white players) and their mentality: Quitting too early and too often.

a mix of both. Chemistry, motivation, mentality and always bad luck with penalties. But in 1998 they had the motivation and the chemistry, they just fucked it up with the penalties against Brasil, it was really a shame. They had such a great team. I think if they beat Brasil in that game, they would've been world champions

boston.balla
06-14-2010, 05:30 PM
a mix of both. Chemistry, motivation, mentality and always bad luck with penalties. But in 1998 they had the motivation and the chemistry, they just fucked it up with the penalties against Brasil, it was really a shame. They had such a great team. I think if they beat Brasil in that game, they would've been world champions

LMAO nobody was beating france. You could put the fuckin world team against them and they still would have won. The final referee was from marocco .. go figure, not to mention one of the most stacked teams in the history of the game (lizarazu, desaily, blanc, youri, zidane, henry, thuram, makele)

They had one of the most insane defences and holding midfileds in the history of the game PLUS zidane PLUS finals in paris PLUS referee. Frankly many were so surprised brasil played so bad that they had a hypothesis of how ronaldo was dozed. Nobody looked that they had best holding mf in world at that time. Best cb and rb. World class other CB and RB. World class CMF deschamps. They simply murdered brasil in midfield. And at fix plays .. they had awesome size and heading players.

The dutch team lacked size ( overmars, davids, zenden) or speed( stam, r de boer, cocu). They would have gotten crushed in midfield like they did vs croatia.

Bukefal
06-15-2010, 04:21 AM
A group of the girls I have in my sig were arrested. It's ridiculous. I can somehow see the marketing issues but it does suck! They became part of the Dutch team since the Mexico game :depressed

It started out with a group of good looking girls who were members of a student sorotity. Bavaria all gave them a dress and supposedly paid them to be at the Mexico friendly as publicity stunt, since then it became huge popular. But I dont know if these are the same as the paid sorority girls or just fans who liked this and decided to show up at the stadiums like this, because these dresses are in general very popular in Holland during this WC.

Anyway, it received a lot of attention :king

Women in mini's held by FIFA

Thirty-six sexily dressed Dutch women were forced out of Soccer City and held in a Fifa office for several hours for wearing an outfit designed by a Dutch beer company.

The body-hugging orange mini-dress, known as the Dutchy dress, was part of a gift pack bought with Bavaria beer in Holland as part of the build-up to the World Cup.

Peer Swinkels, from Bavaria beer, told The Star last night that his colleagues in South Africa had told him that 36 Dutch women had been arrested after the match between the Netherlands and Denmark for wearing the dress.

He said there was no branding on what has been described as the first real World Cup dress, but it was well known to be part of Bavaria beer in Holland.

"It's a nice dress. Very fashionable. In my opinion, people should have the right to wear whatever they want," Swinkels said. "We launched the orange item on April 30 on the queen's birthday, which we call Queen's Day. The Dutch people are a little crazy about orange and we wear it on public holidays and events like the World Cup."

But Fifa has said the dress is part of an ambush-marketing campaign it would not allow at matches to protect official WC partner Budweiser.

Dutch tourist Barbara Kastein was a part of a large group who wore the dress, but many women at the stadium wore the outfit.

"We were sitting near the front, making a lot of noise, and the cameras kept focusing on us," Kastein said. "We were singing songs and having a good time."

Kastein said a Fifa official came up to her and told her she was not allowed to wear the dress because it was from Bavaria, and the women had a choice: leave the stadium voluntarily or they would be forced to leave. She told the official she would not leave as she saw nothing wrong with wearing the dress.

"In the second half, about 40 stewards surrounded us and forced us to leave the stadium. They pushed us up the stairs, and one of the girls fell."

Outside the stadium, Kastein said, the group were taken to a Fifa office and interrogated about the dress for several hours.

"The police came and kept on asking us the same questions over and over, asking if we worked for Bavaria. They said we were ambush-marketing and it was against the law in South Africa. They said we would be arrested and would stay in jail for six months. Girls were crying. It was bad."

Kastein said 34 women were held for more than three hours before being let go. She and another women were held for a few more hours.

"A police van took us back to our hotel and they wanted my passport. They made a copy and said they would investigate. They said they would sue me. All of this for wearing an orange dress."

The dress is worn by famous Dutch wag Sylvie van der Vaart, the wife of Real Madrid player Rafael van der Vaart.

It is not the first time the beer brand has been the centre of controversy at a World Cup. Four years ago in Germany, Dutch fans wearing Bavaria-branded orange lederhosen with a tail representing a lion were told to take the pants off at soccer matches. Many of the fans had nothing but their underwear underneath and were forced to go into matches without their pants.

"This time we put no branding on the dress," said Swinkels. "And Fifa don't have a monopoly over orange."

Fifa said no arrests had been made, but added that "several young South African women were used by a large Dutch brewery as an instrument for an ambush-marketing campaign".

They said the company had a long history of trying this marketing technique at sports events.

"The latest target had been the Dutch team itself, and the Dutch FA had already objected to the strategy employed by this brewery for ambush activities around the national team matches using the same promotional objects."

Fifa said ambush marketing was a criminal offence in South Africa and it was looking at legal remedies.

U7Ih7hPTn4w
SrhPjwbQTE4

Slo spurs fan
06-15-2010, 06:42 AM
WTF is wrong sporting orange dress????? Are they suppose to be naked?

Fuck this. Everybody should wear an orange now or ban those stupid vuvuzelas too.

ElNono
06-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Blatter and his band of goons should be proud...

Bukefal
06-16-2010, 07:30 AM
They have been arrested again this morning and they will be taken to court today it seems. Now even the Dutch ministry of foreign affairs and the embassy are mixing in the issue.

They do are hired by Bavaria again and paid for. Turns out, only 3 of the girls were Dutch and the rest were South African models and others, some with Dutch heritage.

All week long they are talking about this in the news, here in the Netherlands. :lol

Bukefal
06-22-2010, 07:50 AM
The Bavaria girls are free btw :lol

They got to an agreement with Bavaria and charges were dropped.