PDA

View Full Version : Lakers on the precipice of disaster

tlongII
06-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Now that Boston leads 3-2 it's looking pretty grim for the Lakers. Can they win game 6? Or will they go meekly into the night?

MiamiHeat
06-13-2010, 08:54 PM
LA will win game 6, Bynum will hurt his body trying to give it his all and push that knee to help the team

then Bynum will have to play less minutes, Boston will come out with the final push and execute a great game and Boston will close them out in game 7 and beat LA again for another ring.

in the post game, kobe will talk about drinking a lot more wine

lefty
06-13-2010, 08:58 PM
dont jinx it

tlongII
06-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Not looking good for the Lakers...

06-13-2010, 09:56 PM
refs will rig it for the lakers. no way stern passes up a chance for a lakers-boston game 7 finals game.

silverblk mystix
06-13-2010, 09:56 PM
PRECIPICE?...PRECIPICE?...

goddammit for tlong---it is a pretty impressive use of vocabulary----

NO---it is UNBEAVABLE! :lol:lol:lol

lil'mo
06-13-2010, 09:57 PM
I lov it I lov it it lov it. I lov it

TampaDude
06-13-2010, 09:57 PM
refs will rig it for the lakers. no way stern passes up a chance for a lakers-boston game 7 finals game.

Stern Refs >>> Gambling Refs :D

lefty
06-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Lakers have HCA

Plus Stern wants a game 7 for major audience

tlongII
06-13-2010, 11:51 PM
The Lakers will have a tough time winning game 6 imo. We'll see if Stern does anything about it.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 12:00 AM
It's no more a "disaster" if we can't end the Celtics than it is for the other 28 teams already waiting.

tlongII
06-14-2010, 12:12 AM
It's no more a "disaster" if we can't end the Celtics than it is for the other 28 teams already waiting.

Nope. The is the end of the line for Kobe. He won't recover from this if he doesn't succeed. You're aware of this I'm sure Cubby.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Nope. The is the end of the line for Kobe. He won't recover from this if he doesn't succeed. You're aware of this I'm sure Cubby.

Poppycock. We're still the cream of the crop. If it ends badly, we'll be back.

They said Magic was all washed up in the Summer of '84. 12 months later, he commanded the the Celtics, the Boston Celtics, not the San Antonio Celtics to their knees and put one right behind their ear.

Just like that.

If we lose here, that will be Kobe's calling.

Finish it.

ezau
06-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Poppycock. We're still the cream of the crop. If it ends badly, we'll be back.

They said Magic was all washed up in the Summer of '84. 12 months later, he commanded the the Celtics, the Boston Celtics, not the San Antonio Celtics to their knees and put one right behind their ear.

Just like that.

If we lose here, that will be Kobe's calling.

Finish it.

You seriously comparing that Lakers team to this Lakers team? Magic>>>>>>>>>>Kobe and you know it Culby.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 12:54 AM
You seriously comparing that Lakers team to this Lakers team? Magic>>>>>>>>>>Kobe and you know it Culby.

I'm comparing this Lakers team (if they lose) to the '84 team, yes. And I'm contrasting what Magic did after the '84 catastrophe to attone in the '85 Campaign, with the opportunity that Bryant will have.

If the Lakers lose here, the plate will be set for such a challenge to Bryant and these Lakers contrasting to the '84 situation.

Can ya stay with me here, Easy, or, is it impossible for you to have a conversation and ball bust in the same evening?

ezau
06-14-2010, 01:15 AM
I'm comparing this Lakers team (if they lose) to the '84 team, yes. And I'm contrasting what Magic did after the '84 catastrophe to attone in the '85 Campaign, with the opportunity that Bryant will have.

If the Lakers lose here, the plate will be set for such a challenge to Bryant and these Lakers contrasting to the '84 situation.

Can ya stay with me here, Easy, or, is it impossible for you to have a conversation and ball bust in the same evening?

Oh ok. Didn't get that first. Anyways, I know it's been a long night for all Laker fans. Still, I expect them to take game 6 and game 7 will be up for grabs. Trash talking aside, no team should feel ashamed losing this series. It's been well-played so far and surely one for the ages:toast

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Oh ok. Didn't get that first. Anyways, I know it's been a long night for all Laker fans. Still, I expect them to take game 6 and game 7 will be up for grabs. Trash talking aside, no team should feel ashamed losing this series. It's been well-played so far and surely one for the ages:toast

Sniff me down low.

ezau
06-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Sniff me down low.
:rolleyes

LnGrrrR
06-14-2010, 01:20 AM

But Kobe had his redemption last year. The only problem was KGs knees didn't get the script, so fate intervened and gave Kobe another shot.

If he doesn't make it here, I don't think the Celts make it back to give him a third shot. And 0-2 against your biggest rivals will ensure he'll never beat Magic as the Greatest Laker.

namlook
06-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Now that Boston leads 3-2 it's looking pretty grim for the Lakers. Can they win game 6? Or will they go meekly into the night?

The Lakers are 47-8 at home. That looks grim?

baseline bum
06-14-2010, 01:30 AM
I think LA will win the two home games, but then again, I thought they'd win the series in 5. :lol

Man In Black
06-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Although several Lakers legends never beat the Celtics in the Finals, Bryant is surrounded by those who did: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar tutors the Los Angeles big men, Magic Johnson is a part owner, James Worthy hosts pre- and postgame TV shows, and Michael Cooper coaches the women's team down the road at USC. They are constant reminders that Bryant probably has at least one more hurdle to clear to become the Greatest Laker Ever. "It's not about beating the Celtics in the regular season," Cooper says. "You have to beat them in the playoffs. That's when you become part of the club."
If he hasn't...then how has he redeemed himself? If he NEVER Beats the Celtics in the Finals, is that considered failure? A Laker Great has defined what it takes, and Bean has NEVER done it. He has a chance but what if he fails?
Tale of 2 stats.
PhiJax is 47-0 for playoff series when his teams win Game 1. LAL won game 1.
Celtics are 11-0 in Finals History when going up 3-2. They're up 3-2.
Something's gotta give.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 01:48 AM
What, because Cooper says it, it's so. Please.

Man In Black
06-14-2010, 01:55 AM
What, because Cooper says it, it's so. Please.
And where in your resume' does it say that YOU played in the league and have Championship rings as a Laker?

Hey...It doesn't. Thanks for playing.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 02:07 AM
And where in your resume' does it say that YOU played in the league and have Championship rings as a Laker?

Hey...It doesn't. Thanks for playing.

I got 15 NBA World Championship rings. So sue me.

You got 3, 3 and a half.

DJ Mbenga
06-14-2010, 02:08 AM
lets all remember scrubs play well at home. that should prevent a 1 vs 5 game like tonight. this series is set for a game 7 like many predicted it. most evenly matched finals since 05 which went 7 too

namlook
06-14-2010, 02:08 AM
If he hasn't...then how has he redeemed himself? If he NEVER Beats the Celtics in the Finals, is that considered failure? A Laker Great has defined what it takes, and Bean has NEVER done it. He has a chance but what if he fails?
Tale of 2 stats.
PhiJax is 47-0 for playoff series when his teams win Game 1. LAL won game 1.
Celtics are 11-0 in Finals History when going up 3-2. They're up 3-2.
Something's gotta give.

47-0 is a more reliable measure than 11-0. Phil was with the team all 47 times. No one on this Celtics team was with the Celtics 10 of the 11 times.

Man In Black
06-14-2010, 02:16 AM
47-0 is a more reliable measure than 11-0. Phil was with the team all 47 times. No one on this Celtics team was with the Celtics 10 of the 11 times.
One could just say that in current history, Phil lost to the Celtics the last time he was down 2-3. One could also say that Phil Jackson coached team has the worst beatdown in NBA Finals History. Should he lose, yet again to Doc Rivers, is it possible that Phil is being out coached? Those Puerto Rico PJax vids...funny.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Those Puerto Rico PJax vids...funny.

The Pjax vid of the X Cap decimating.

Baseline
06-14-2010, 02:18 AM
We'll see if Bryant can singlehandedly win Games 6 and 7.

I say that not because he's so good, but because that's the way he'll play. It's obvious that he trusts no one on his team, and it's further obvious that his teammates hate his guts.

What you Laker fans aren't realizing is that he got hot for a few minutes tonight, but it was fool's gold. He still finished the game at less than 50%, and he alienated the rest of the team during that stretch, so their "triangle offense" became a period. Believe me, he'll shoot just as much in Game 6, but he probably won't make as many. Then where will your team be?

I swear if the guy loses, he'll kill somebody. I just can't figure out who'll get it first.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 02:21 AM
As usual Base off on a tangent.

Man In Black
06-14-2010, 02:28 AM
WGAF? World Cup is here.

TheManFromAcme
06-14-2010, 05:45 AM
But Kobe had his redemption last year. The only problem was KGs knees didn't get the script, so fate intervened and gave Kobe another shot.

If he doesn't make it here, I don't think the Celts make it back to give him a third shot. And 0-2 against your biggest rivals will ensure he'll never beat Magic as the Greatest Laker.

Exactly.
Even if Kobe still leads this Laker squad past the Celts, surpassing Magic as the GOAT Laker was going to be controversial.

BTW Ln, :toast to your boys.
See ya in L.A.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 07:57 AM
funny thing about this...Magic could probably just go out there and say "Coach, Bynum is injured. Put me at Center"

Phil would rest Bynum, and Magic could probably go out there and throw up some hookshots and post moves and grab more rebounds than Bynum can anyway.

42 points, 15 rebounds, seven assists, and three steals when Magic played at Center for the Lakers when kareem was injured in that Finals.

15 fucking boards.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 08:10 AM
funny thing about this...Magic could probably just go out there and say "Coach, Bynum is injured. Put me at Center"

Phil would rest Bynum, and Magic could probably go out there and throw up some hookshots and post moves and grab more rebounds than Bynum can anyway.

42 points, 15 rebounds, seven assists, and three steals when Magic played at Center for the Lakers when kareem was injured in that Finals.

15 fucking boards.

Yeah, I remember it was on tape delay in those days. They didn't want to cancel Gilligan's Island and The Wild Wild West to show it live.

tee, hee.

ezau
06-14-2010, 08:16 AM
It's amazing how people compare Jordan and Kobe when the latter isn't even the greatest player of his franchise. Before Kobe tries to compared himself to MJ, he should beat Magic first.

Magic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 08:23 AM
It's amazing how people compare Jordan and Kobe when the latter isn't even the greatest player of his franchise. Before Kobe tries to compared himself to MJ, he should beat Magic first.

He's trying, he's trying. He rings here, he's even with Magic, and directly behind MJ....

The Princess grants on Luva, he & I renew our vows, check out of Ceasar's Palace and proceed to tear this whole town down.

TheManFromAcme
06-14-2010, 08:46 AM

15 fucking boards.

:tu

A splendid display of character I may add on Buck's end.
MAGIC = Will always be my boy :king