PDA

View Full Version : Trevor I'm so sorry

Smooth Criminal
06-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Ron Artest:bang

-Can't play fucking Defense (That's what we got hm for!!!)
-Can't shoot (Could shoot before he was a Laker!:bang)
-Can't make FREE THROWS (You get paid millions to do ONE THING, be good at basketball!!! Make a fucking free throw!!!)
------Also, if he makes those two, Lakers down 3 with a chance to tie next possession. He bricks both, then gives up a layup to Rondo, Lakers down 7. Ball Game

Trevor I wish you were back...I don't even care if Ron averages 60 PPG on 75% shooting the next two games. I hate him, everything about him:

-His awful D on Pierce
-His even worse offense
-The way he moves, has the bitch stretched a day in his life?
-The way he always sounds out of breath
-How the longer he talks, the less sense he makes
-HOW HE CAN'T SHOOT
-HOW HE CAN'T EVEN GUARD THE GUY WE BROUGHT HIM IN TO GUARD
:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

D-Wade #3
06-13-2010, 10:46 PM
4 more years, 4 more years!!!

MKZYUEXexwc

The Franchise
06-13-2010, 11:06 PM
There are just things Trevor can do that Ron can't. The only advantage Ron has is size. That switch is coming back to haunt the Lakers now.

The Third Man
06-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Trevor knew how to get the fuck out of the way.

DaDakota
06-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Trevor wouldn't make any difference in this series either.

You guys are just not playing Orlando this year.

But, we will give him back and toss in Hayes if you guys give us Bynum.

DD

Giuseppe
06-13-2010, 11:17 PM

Yep, yep.

The Franchise
06-13-2010, 11:34 PM

DD

He was a better rebounder, fit into the offense perfectly, just as good a defender, made more hustler plays, was better on the fast break and played above the rim (something Ron can't do anymore). How would that not have been better for the Lakers in this series?

Giuseppe
06-13-2010, 11:36 PM
He was a better rebounder, fit into the offense perfectly, just as good a defender, made more hustler plays, was better on the fast break and played above the rim (something Ron can't do anymore). How would that not have been better for the Lakers in this series?

Because he woulda watched Kobe shoot that air ball in Game 5 Vs. the Suns like the other 9 players watched. Artest just went and got it.

The Franchise
06-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Because he woulda watched Kobe shoot that air ball in Game 5 Vs. the Suns like the other 9 players watched. Artest just went and got it.

They wouldn't have needed a miracle shot had Trevor been playing. They would have already had the game in hand because of all the other things he does that Ron doesn't. Remember, Dinoboy was part of the reason the Suns were able to get back into the game.

Giuseppe
06-13-2010, 11:44 PM
They wouldn't have needed a miracle shot had Trevor been playing. They would have already had the game in hand because of all the other things he does that Ron doesn't. Remember, Dinoboy was part of the reason the Suns were able to get back into the game.

Ok, Chief, you win.

blink
06-14-2010, 12:15 AM
trevor is as shitty as artest.

lakers had a cake walk with the magic last year. you guys are better off with artest because the celtics wouldve broken ariza's fragile little mind already.

LnGrrrR
06-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Artest has defended Pierce well, overall, throughout the series. He definitely didn't defend well this game.

baseline bum
06-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Ron Artest:bang
-His awful D on Pierce

Pierce is averaging 0.7 ppg more and shooting -1% FG% this series compared to his regular season stats.

ChrisRichards
06-14-2010, 01:43 AM
Artest has defended Pierce well in the series, no great defender is going to shut down a great scorer in 6-7 game series. He got into foul trouble and a good amount of Pierce's points were over Luke Walton and Odom. Can't do nothing about Ron's shot though. It is what it is with Ron.

Muser
06-14-2010, 05:50 AM
Artest is shooting 30% :lmao

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Artest is shooting 30% :lmao

Nonetheless, without him we may very well have not beaten the Thunder, or, the Suns.

I know who butter's my bread. I lose to the Suns on this Board I might as well pack my shit and head back to Ohio, Katie-girl screaming: "won't you ever grow up!!, it's just a game."...........but, alas, Artest put the stopper in the bottle on Durant and then rubbed out the Suns, saving the Cubby mucho agony and permitting me to change the particulars to:::O & 42!

JamStone
06-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Paul Pierce would absolutely diarrhea all over Trevor Ariza.

Best thing said in this thread about Ariza being better than Artest is that Ariza knew how to get out of the fucking way. He wouldn't take stupid shots. He wouldn't try to playmake. He wouldn't try to force his way into the offense. Artest has done an admirable job on Pierce. Pierce had a hell of a game yesterday and probably would have dropped 40 on Ariza the way he played last night.

The only way Ariza would help is that instead of putting up games of 1-for-10 or 2-for-9 like Artest has in these playoffs, Ariza would be putting up 1-for-3 types of games. I'm not convinced that changes the fortunes of this series. It might have, but I'm not convinced.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Jammie, earnin' his award of a Monday morning.

Gosh, yer so smart.

Muser
06-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Isn't Artest signed for 4 or 5 years?

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Isn't Artest signed for 4 or 5 years?

Thank, God.

duhoh
06-14-2010, 10:53 AM
both artest and ariza got 5 year deals i thought for a similar price?

no way ariza changes the series right now. he chucks bricks nearly as much as artest, and on D, he gives up too much strength against pierce.

sribb43
06-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Artest is older and a dumbass on the offensive end...advantage Ariza

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Artest is older and a dumbass on the offensive end

Sans when he was the only player of 10 to go get that missed shot by Bryant Vs. the Suns instead of sitting with the sellout crowd to watch.

bus driver
06-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Queensbridge!
:lmao at abc making fun of it when artest flopped against rondo

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 11:10 AM
^ Parker's ass has that beat.

TheManFromAcme
06-14-2010, 11:10 AM
both artest and ariza got 5 year deals i thought for a similar price?

no way ariza changes the series right now. he chucks bricks nearly as much as artest, and on D, he gives up too much strength against pierce.

I see what your saying but it was always about Ariza's "fit". The triangle requires a little cranial aptitude at which Ron-Ron has yet to master full fledged. Sure Artest is a bigger, wider, stronger guy but aside from game1 what else has he done? He's done a decent job on Paul but I'd still rather have Trev here because he had defense and a shot, albiet in the Lakers system.

lil'mo
06-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Artest is older and a dumbass on the offensive end...advantage Ariza

satin lives? :lmao wtf?

sribb43
06-14-2010, 12:12 PM
satin lives? :lmao wtf?

Satin walks amongst us and he goes by the name Bennet Salvatore

lil'mo
06-14-2010, 12:17 PM
satin is a fabric, dumbfuck!

TheManFromAcme
06-14-2010, 12:19 PM
S-A-T-A-N-

aka, el diablo, Lucifer

Muser
06-14-2010, 12:25 PM
:lol

easy7
06-14-2010, 12:34 PM
I am not even sure that Artest can still kick ass in the stands. :hat

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 12:51 PM
I am not even sure that Artest can still kick ass in the stands. :hat

He certainly kicked the Suns fans asses in Game 6.

easy7
06-14-2010, 01:03 PM
He certainly kicked the Suns fans asses in Game 6.

Yeah, but they weren't in the stands. The Artest from yesteryear could kick people's asses in the stands and rap "I like big butts" while doing it.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah, but they weren't in the stands.

They were in the stands, and Artest kicked their ass. Left 'em where he found 'em.

SenorSpur
06-14-2010, 01:07 PM
I previously stated right here in this forum, last summer, that the Ariza/Artest swap was a dangerous one. I mentioned that the Fakers would eventually "rue the day", that deal was made. Many posters tried to make a case on the brilliance of the Fakers FO for the move and how Artest would provide them the physical toughness and defense they sorely lacked in '08. As always with Artest, let the buyer beware.

While we aren't necessarily there yet, the one thing that is clear is that Ron Artest's warts have been glaring and on full display in this NBA Finals series. It's not that Ariza was or is a better player than Artest. He's not. It's just that Ariza was clearly a better fit for the Fakers, than Knuckleheaded Ron-Ron.

easy7
06-14-2010, 01:08 PM
They were in the stands, and Artest kicked their ass. Left 'em where he found 'em.

Just for that your shit sandwich will be a triple stacker without cheese and it might be ready Tuesday night. :lmao

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Just for that your shit sandwich will be a triple stacker without cheese and it might be ready Tuesday night. :lmao

No, it's the exact same shit sandwich the other 28 teams will have consumed.

LnGrrrR
06-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Artest has gotten the Lakers to the Finals again. I don't think you can call the Ariza/Artest trade a "failure" by any means. Might Ariza be slightly more optimal than Artest? It's arguable (though I'd say no). But Artest has already proven he's not a failure. He's performed rather admirably throughout the playoffs, if slightly inconsistent.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2010, 03:33 PM
-The way he moves, has the bitch stretched a day in his life?

:lmao

TJastal
06-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah, but they weren't in the stands. The Artest from yesteryear could kick people's asses in the stands and rap "I like big butts" while doing it.

:lmao

Smooth Criminal
06-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Pierce is averaging 0.7 ppg more and shooting -1% FG% this series compared to his regular season stats.
I couldn't care less about the first 3 games anymore. The past 2 Pierce had his way

Mori Chu
06-14-2010, 08:51 PM
I don't think you can call the Ariza/Artest trade a "failure" by any means.

Wasn't a trade, friend. Just two FAs who happened to sign with opposite teams.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Mori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Can ya help me out here, Tom..........for old time sake?"

tee, hee. An invitational code, Mori. Get one for your old Dad. I promise to watch my Ps & Qs. What say, old horse?

Bob Lanier
06-15-2010, 12:37 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/TBa9Ad-zj7I/AAAAAAAAEOk/IwfkpPzMkAQ/s1600/02.jpg

HarlemHeat37
06-15-2010, 12:52 AM
One of the keys here is that Ariza was never going to replicate his run in the playoffs last year, it was a massive anomaly..he was never going to shoot 48% from 3s again during a playoff run, so nobody had a chance to match that..

With that being said, the reason I feared Ariza a lot more was that he gave the Lakers a different dimension..last year's Lakers were long AND athletic..this year's Laker team is long and slow..

Ariza would always have explosive, demoralizing plays..playing the passing lanes, and-1 dunks, energy plays, timely 3s..he gave the Lakers the athletic aspect to add to their size..

Artest doesn't have the role player mentality, even though he hasn't been a problem when it comes to demanding shots..he's not a good off-ball player and he gets in the way of the offense when he doesn't have the ball in his hands..when he does get the ball, he often doesn't know what to do with it, and a lot of the time, you'll see him taking a horrible shot attempt after overdribbling..

He's still a good player and all, he's had some good games, but I definitely feared the Lakers a lot more when they had Ariza's athleticism and energy..

LnGrrrR
06-15-2010, 12:54 AM

Let me clarify, I just meant in the sense that they were trading one player for another, swapping if you will, not an actual trade between teams.

LnGrrrR
06-15-2010, 12:56 AM

Let me clarify, I just meant in the sense that they were replacing one
player with another, not an actual trade.

dallaskd
06-15-2010, 01:30 AM

DD

you want another skinny, fragile center?