PDA

View Full Version : Who's position would you rather be in?

Mikesatx
06-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Lakers down 3-2 with both at home or the Celts up 3-2 having to win a road game?

If the Spurs were in this position I'd take home court.

angrydude
06-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Lakers haven't won 2 in a row all series.

Mikesatx
06-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Neither had the Celts until tonight.

LnGrrrR
06-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Celtics, because they're up 3-2. Having to win one game > having to win two games.

spursfaninla
06-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Celtics, because they're up 3-2. Having to win one game > having to win two games.

This is correct

Mikesatx
06-14-2010, 12:34 AM
This is correct

Is it win 1 versus 2 or does it all come down to game 6. When was the last time a road team won game 7 in the finals?

Juanobili
06-14-2010, 12:35 AM
Celtics duh

Mikesatx
06-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Celtics duh

When?

Shastafarian
06-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Is it win 1 versus 2 or does it all come down to game 6. When was the last time a road team won game 7 in the finals?

1978 Bullets over SuperSonics

LnGrrrR
06-14-2010, 12:45 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_game_sevens?wasRedirected=true

Bullets over Sonics was the last road team to win a game 7 in the Finals.

It's only been done two other times in the Finals. Boston over the Bucks, and Boston over the Lakers.

Pelicans78
06-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Rather be the Lakers right now.

TD 21
06-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Doubt the Celtics at your own peril. I predicted the Lakers would win beforehand and am not changing now, but I'm not about to say the Celtics can't win a game seven on the road.

Who cares about past history? That has no bearing on these two teams. I always hate when people bring up stats that have no relevance such as "the winner of game five goes on to win the series whatever % of the time". Road or not, it's the Celtics series to lose at this point.

For either of these teams, beating the other two straight is a tall task. If the Celtics could do it, then the Lakers can too (at least theoretically), but the odds of it happening aren't great.

It's easy to over think these types of things, but look at it logically: one has to win one before the other wins two. The one that has to win one is the deeper team and has less external pressure (there's never a way to quantify the impact this has obviously, but still, it's probably better to be in that position than not, though if you're truly worthy of being champions you overcome that).

Mr. Body
06-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Be interesting to see if the Lakers have the balls to get this done.

Lakers still have a big advantage. Celtics won't win 3 in a row - will lose Game 6. Then momentum wins it all for LAL.

Mikesatx
06-14-2010, 12:58 AM
Doubt the Celtics at your own peril. I predicted the Lakers would win beforehand and am not changing now, but I'm not about to say the Celtics can't win a game seven on the road.

Who cares about past history? That has no bearing on these two teams. I always hate when people bring up stats that have no relevance such as "the winner of game five goes on to win the series whatever % of the time". Road or not, it's the Celtics series to lose at this point.

For either of these teams, beating the other two straight is a tall task. If the Celtics could do it, then the Lakers can too (at least theoretically), but the odds of it happening aren't great.

It's easy to over think these types of things, but look at it logically: one has to win one before the other wins two. The one that has to win one is the deeper team and has less external pressure (there's never a way to quantify the impact this has obviously, but still, it's probably better to be in that position than not, though if you're truly worthy of being champions you overcome that).

So if you had to bet the mortgage where would your money be?

LnGrrrR
06-14-2010, 12:59 AM
The Celtics have played well on the road this postseason. My mortgage
money would be on the Cs.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 12:59 AM
Not on the San Antionio Celtics that's for sure.