PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allens trey attempt did draw iron

Fabbs
06-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Any of you techno geeks able to freeze frame capture?
It's on the second replay, also the shortest one.
Also the only one of the 4 replays the Laker Brownozer announcers make NO comment on. :rolleyes

Fabbs
06-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Captain Picard's got his hands full at the moment but hopefully SpursRulez4eVeR or LakerHater will see this and lend a helping hand. I'll send out a distress call and see what I can come up with.

SpursRulez4eVeR or LakerHater are you out there?

lil'mo
06-14-2010, 02:57 PM
i dont think it did

TIMMYD!
06-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Courtesy of Come_On_Now:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2monthu.gif

angelbelow
06-14-2010, 03:18 PM
doesnt really matter now.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Commentators on ABC are pathetic. Especially Mark Jackson and that other guy that ejaculates every time Kobe makes a shot.

DAF86
06-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Courtesy of Come_On_Now:

It clearly hit the rim.

lefty
06-14-2010, 03:46 PM
I think it did

If you look at the replay, carefully, very carefully, you can see that it did

InRareForm
06-14-2010, 03:52 PM
You can notice the change in the spin of the ball on that one gif shown above.

thispego
06-14-2010, 03:54 PM
It clearly hit the rim.

that change of direction you saw was the ball hitting the backboard. it DEFINITELY hit the backboard, so if it hit the rim also, the ball would have had two changes of directions. which it did not. Just another reason to laugh at the lakers :lol

Fabbs
06-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Courtesy of Come_On_Now:

Where did this come from, cause ABC-LakersTV did not even show this angle during the game. Is this a superimposed 'chop?

TJastal
06-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Where did this come from, cause ABC-LakersTV did not even show this angle during the game. Is this a superimposed 'chop?

Ball very clearly hits the back of the cylinder (the metal plate), and it looks like it grazes the side of the rim too... all of which still counts as hitting the rim.

dbestpro
06-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Commentators on ABC are pathetic. Especially Mark Jackson and that other guy that ejaculates every time Kobe makes a shot.

I keep hoping that Van Gundy and Jackson will go into coaching so we can get somebody that makes more sense and is a little easier on the ears.

Shastafarian
06-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Joey Crawford: "Did it hit the rim?"
Derrick Stafford: "I dunno. But it's Ray Allen, one of the best shooters of all time. It must have."

Dex
06-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Ball changes directions twice.

It glances off the rim, then bounces off against the backboard, where the spin really starts to change direction.

Look! Look with your special eyes!

TD 21
06-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Any of you techno geeks able to freeze frame capture?
It's on the second replay, also the shortest one.
Also the only one of the 4 replays the Laker Brownozer announcers make NO comment on. :rolleyes

Yeah, it was obvious by the second replay that the ball grazed the rim. The ball changed trajectory, yet, as you correctly called them, the Laker brown-noser announcers pretended as if it didn't look like it hit the rim.

It's funny how after every 50/50 call that they go to replay on, if it benefited the Lakers, it's "clearly a foul, good call", but if it went against the Lakers , it's "I don't see a foul, bad call". Particularly Jackson, without fail, he'll say this every single time.

I liked how when they were talking about people saying Bryant hadn't had a breakout game in the series, they immediately rushed to his defense, then cam back from the next break with a litany of highlight's that prove his worth as a play maker. Like they were offended at the notion that someone might have called out that puke. Then they continued on as they so often do by slobbering over his every move.

These guys are pathetic. They've been pulling this nonsense since I believe it was game two of the '08 Finals, when Bryant told them after game one how he had watched the game back and heard Van Gundy take him to task on something (I forget what). Since then, they do nothing but kiss his ass, like they're scared that he'll beat them if they don't. Wilbon does this too, like he's scared of Bryant and Johnson, for that matter.

We get that Bryant is a great player, we don't need to hear these broken records go on about the same nonsense every game in a desperate attempt to make him sound greater historically than he actually is. They don't do this for any other player. Not even Jordan received this over the top ass kissing. With Jordan, it was more an admiration of his greatness.

It's incredible how biased and Lakers centric their coverage is. Jackson is in love with Bryant, desperate to pass him off as being as good as any player that's ever played the game. Van Gundy, Wilbon and Scott are Bryant apologists/ass kissers and Breen is almost as in love with Gasol as Jackson is with Bryant. Johnson is inherently biased. The only one who's clearly for the Celtics is Barry.

Barry basically laughs at the fact that the inherently biased Johnson is on the panel. Watch after Johnson picks his player who has to have a big game or a prediction for the game (because at least eight times out of ten, it's Lakers centric), Barry will either smile, laugh, make a sarcastic comment or do all three. Even Wilbon smiles. It's basically an admission that they know that the network and the league looks foolish for having him on the panel.

TJastal
06-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Kobe ass-kissing aside, I thought it was pretty fun how Van Gundy was giving Fisher the business about his flopping all game long, saying stuff like there must be snipers in the arena every time someone grazes Fisher LOL

Even more funny (amazing actually) the refs weren't biting on Fisher's outlandish flops last night for once. After he flopped on Allen's post-up banker, he laid on the ground for a few seconds then realized they didn't call anything and popped right back up like nothing had happened. Funny shit.

Fabbs
06-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Kobe ass-kissing aside, I thought it was pretty fun how Van Gundy was giving Fisher the business about his flopping all game long, saying stuff like there must be snipers in the arena every time someone grazes Fisher LOL

Even more funny (amazing actually) the refs weren't biting on Fisher's outlandish flops last night for once. After he flopped on Allen's post-up banker, he laid on the ground for a few seconds then realized they didn't call anything and popped right back up like nothing had happened. Funny shit.
Xs10 and i think this in a huge way contributed to Bostons win.

How many playoff games have we seen the lil faggot be rewarded for his cheap cowardice? Too many. Why at least some NBA players will not take up ol Cornbread Maxwell of the GOAT Celts team(s) suggestion and fall on Swisher -hard when he pulls this schtick......

Smooth Criminal
06-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Courtesy of Come_On_Now:

Crystal clear. It hit rim

m33p0
06-14-2010, 10:30 PM
of course it did. the trajectory changed... hence... it hit the ring.

pookenstein
06-15-2010, 06:10 AM
It hit the rim. The Ball clearly changed its direction.

stretch
06-15-2010, 07:42 AM
that change of direction you saw was the ball hitting the backboard. it DEFINITELY hit the backboard, so if it hit the rim also, the ball would have had two changes of directions. which it did not. Just another reason to laugh at the lakers :lol

The trajectory did change twice. It hit the gray padding on the bottom of the backboard after hitting the rim. Look more closely at the .gif

silverblk mystix
06-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Yeah, it was obvious by the second replay that the ball grazed the rim. The ball changed trajectory, yet, as you correctly called them, the Laker brown-noser announcers pretended as if it didn't look like it hit the rim.

It's funny how after every 50/50 call that they go to replay on, if it benefited the Lakers, it's "clearly a foul, good call", but if it went against the Lakers , it's "I don't see a foul, bad call". Particularly Jackson, without fail, he'll say this every single time.

I liked how when they were talking about people saying Bryant hadn't had a breakout game in the series, they immediately rushed to his defense, then cam back from the next break with a litany of highlight's that prove his worth as a play maker. Like they were offended at the notion that someone might have called out that puke. Then they continued on as they so often do by slobbering over his every move.

These guys are pathetic. They've been pulling this nonsense since I believe it was game two of the '08 Finals, when Bryant told them after game one how he had watched the game back and heard Van Gundy take him to task on something (I forget what). Since then, they do nothing but kiss his ass, like they're scared that he'll beat them if they don't. Wilbon does this too, like he's scared of Bryant and Johnson, for that matter.

We get that Bryant is a great player, we don't need to hear these broken records go on about the same nonsense every game in a desperate attempt to make him sound greater historically than he actually is. They don't do this for any other player. Not even Jordan received this over the top ass kissing. With Jordan, it was more an admiration of his greatness.

It's incredible how biased and Lakers centric their coverage is. Jackson is in love with Bryant, desperate to pass him off as being as good as any player that's ever played the game. Van Gundy, Wilbon and Scott are Bryant apologists/ass kissers and Breen is almost as in love with Gasol as Jackson is with Bryant. Johnson is inherently biased. The only one who's clearly for the Celtics is Barry.

Barry basically laughs at the fact that the inherently biased Johnson is on the panel. Watch after Johnson picks his player who has to have a big game or a prediction for the game (because at least eight times out of ten, it's Lakers centric), Barry will either smile, laugh, make a sarcastic comment or do all three. Even Wilbon smiles. It's basically an admission that they know that the network and the league looks foolish for having him on the panel.

...couldn't have said it better myself...:toast

also---if anyone noticed....

the whole fuckin' game---it is called in the perspective of;

what do the LAKERS NEED to do...

at halftime: lakers DOWN by six (instead of celtics leading...)

after a close 3rd quarter---of course---it is KOBE highlights,kobe replays,kobe show---even though the celtics scored on ---like 12 OUT OF 13 POSSESSIONS!

questionable calls that look like celtics have a beef----NO REPLAY!

questionable calls that look like the lakers have a beef---MULTIPLE REPLAYS!

etc...

when Kobe knocked down pierce and got called---even though pierce flopped--mark jackson: that's NOT a foul...

on & on

Giuseppe
06-15-2010, 08:41 AM
^ Spoken like a true San Antonio Celtics fan..........& cocksucker.

LakerHater
06-15-2010, 05:40 PM
OF4dRipXg7I

TD 21
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM
...couldn't have said it better myself...:toast

also---if anyone noticed....
the whole fuckin' game---it is called in the perspective of;
what do the LAKERS NEED to do...

at halftime: lakers DOWN by six (instead of celtics leading...)

after a close 3rd quarter---of course---it is KOBE highlights,kobe replays,kobe show---even though the celtics scored on ---like 12 OUT OF 13 POSSESSIONS!

questionable calls that look like celtics have a beef----NO REPLAY!

questionable calls that look like the lakers have a beef---MULTIPLE REPLAYS!

etc...

when Kobe knocked down pierce and got called---even though pierce flopped--mark jackson: that's NOT a foul...

on & on

Excellent post.

TD 21
06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Just to follow up on the announcing/ABC's coverage in general, downright disgusting tonight...

Those three brown-nosers literally ranted for probably close to half a game, talking about Bryant's critics and slobbering over/ass kissing him maybe more than ever, which is obviously saying something. In general, the entire coverage was Lakers-centric.

Flat out, these guys need to be fired and the entire complexion of ABC's NBA broadcasts needs to be changed. They didn't even pretend to care about the Celtics tonight, it was just all Lakers all the time. The network and more importantly the league should be thoroughly embarrassed.

mavsfan1000
06-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Just to follow up on the announcing/ABC's coverage in general, downright disgusting tonight...

Those three brown-nosers literally ranted for probably close to half a game, talking about Bryant's critics and slobbering over/ass kissing him maybe more than ever, which is obviously saying something. In general, the entire coverage was Lakers-centric.

Flat out, these guys need to be fired and the entire complexion of ABC's NBA broadcasts needs to be changed. They didn't even pretend to care about the Celtics tonight, it was just all Lakers all the time. The network and more importantly the league should be thoroughly embarrassed.
+1 Though I didn't stick around past the 1st quarter to see how bad it got.