PDA

View Full Version : HCA matters

DazedAndConfused
06-14-2010, 10:51 AM
And you will all realize that come Game 6.

The Lakers will be fired up and ready to play, the calls will go their way, and they will come out victorious in Game 6.

The Celtics feed off the emotion of their crowd, and without that they won't stand a chance. Their role players don't show up on the road, and unless Ray Allen plays like he did in Game 2 they simply don't have a chance.

I don't even have to watch tomorrow's game to know the outcome. Onto Game 7.

Phillip
06-14-2010, 10:53 AM
hi jeff

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 10:54 AM

The Lakers will be fired up and ready to play, the calls will go their way, and they will come out victorious in Game 6.

The Celtics feed off the emotion of their crowd, and without that they won't stand a chance. Their role players don't show up on the road, and unless Ray Allen plays like he did in Game 2 they simply don't have a chance.

Bomb diggity!

Lead us, Dazed, in the absence of our diety Luva, lead us, lead us on to the light.

TheManFromAcme
06-14-2010, 11:00 AM

:toast Here's to ya being right.

Although the Shamrock boys will be wanting to close it out hardcore, this next game will be fueled entirely by emmotions and a little talent but mostly the former.

Mr. Testicular Fortitude is at the Staples ticket line. Will he be granted a pass?

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
:toast Here's to ya being right.

Although the Shamrock & Skunked boys will be wanting to close it out hardcore, this next game will be fueled entirely by emmotions and a little talent but mostly the former.

Mr. Testicular Fortitude is at the Staples ticket line. Will he be granted a pass?

Fixed it.

TheManFromAcme
06-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Fixed it.

:lol

Muser
06-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Considering Boston have won one in L.A it wouldn't be a stretch to say they can win another.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Considering Boston have won one in L.A it wouldn't be a stretch to say we can win another.

Fixed it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Boston was 2-1 against Cle in Boston, and 2-1 against Cle in Cle
Boston was 2-1 against Orl in Boston, and 2-1 against Orl in Orl

HCA means absolutely nothing to Boston. It makes a difference for LA, but Boston could care less.

TheManFromAcme
06-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Fixed it.

Gutter92
06-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Haha, dont worry guys the Celtics have blown the most 4th quarter leads this year. They'll show you how they lose tomorrow right ;)?

TheManFromAcme
06-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Boston was 2-1 against Cle in Boston, and 2-1 against Cle in Cle
Boston was 2-1 against Orl in Boston, and 2-1 against Orl in Orl

HCA means absolutely nothing to Boston. It makes a difference for LA, but Boston could care less.

Can 't argue that....The weight of the world is on the Lakers this next game. Different story if LA. pulls out a win.

dbreiden83080
06-14-2010, 11:32 AM
They already beat you in LA

2 chances to get one. Odds are very good they will..

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 11:34 AM
We already beat you in LA

2 chances to get one. Odds are very good we will..

Fixed it.

Chillen
06-14-2010, 11:36 AM
The Lakers are still the defending NBA champs and Boston has to win 1 game in LA. Game 6 is Tuesday night and if the Celtics don't close it out in Game 6, I think the Lakers will probably have the edge going into game 7. Still Boston has won in LA in this series and they will be fired up because if they aren't they need to check their pulse. Boston needs to win game 6 in LA, a must win, a game 7 could go either way but it probably favors the Lakers.

manufan10
06-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I've been saying Lakers in 7 since the series started. It's been a fun series to watch.

Chillen
06-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I've been saying Lakers in 7 since the series started. It's been a fun series to watch.

Yes it has but the Celtics have to win game 6, a game 7 in LA would be very tough to win.

Muser
06-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Fixed it.

Hey that's great logic considering I want you fuckers to win.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Hey that's great logic considering I want you fuckers to win.

Oh, sorry, Muse, I was checkin' assholes and got yours mixed up with the other Boston Spurs assholes.

Fpoonsie
06-14-2010, 12:43 PM
All I know is you fuckers BETTER win. If KG and Michael fucking Finley ring again on your watch, I'm gonna start rioting in LA, assuming there'll be one either way, regardless of the outcome.

FtC.

Fpoonsie
06-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Dp

easy7
06-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Dp

You go Fpoonsie!!! Dales en la madre, jajajaja/

Fpoonsie
06-14-2010, 01:15 PM
You go Fpoonsie!!! Dales en la madre, jajajaja/

kamikazi_player
06-14-2010, 01:40 PM
umm..sorry but I don't think the Celtics will be rattled by HCA. They are 6-4 in the road this PLAYOFF season. They beat the Cavs and Magic TWICE at their homecourt. I doubt the Lakers will win both.

TheMACHINE
06-14-2010, 01:41 PM
umm..sorry but I don't think the Celtics will be rattled by HCA. They are 6-4 in the road this PLAYOFF season. They beat the Cavs and Magic TWICE at their homecourt. I doubt the Lakers will win both.

6-4 is a pretty good road record...

whats the Lakers home record in the playoffs this season?

Höfner
06-14-2010, 01:42 PM
It's over. Let the LeBron sweepstakes truly commence.

kamikazi_player
06-14-2010, 01:46 PM
6-4 is a pretty good road record...

whats the Lakers home record in the playoffs this season?
:lol..smart ass 9-1. But I'm just saying the Celts won't get rattled when facing the Lakers in their hometown. They are playing well and their bench is coming up big. I just don't see them winning the next two games. Maybe game 6, but if Bynum starts getting injured again, they have no chance.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Nope, the Celtics aren't going rattle. We've been rattled.

We're going to have to earn this, there is no way around it. There just isn't. I wish there were, I have no problem goosin the ring count further on shaved pussy. This isn't Orlando, nor Philly, nor Indy, nor Jersey.

bostonguy
06-14-2010, 02:04 PM
To an extent it matters. That being said, Boston's season is also on the line tomorrow. Win and banner #18 becomes a reality. Lose and the Lakers have life again and a game 7 at home in which they will win.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 02:06 PM
The proposition that Game 7 falls to the Lakers is without an ounce of merit.

bostonguy
06-14-2010, 02:13 PM
You NEVER want to give a team like LA life especially in this situation (with games 6 and 7 being at home). I know Boston has 2 chances to close it out but tomorrow nights game is literally their best chance. They have to win this game.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2010, 02:14 PM
You NEVER want to give a team like LA life especially in this situation (with games 6 and 7 being at home). I know Boston has 2 chances to close it out but tomorrow nights game is literally their best chance. They have to win this game.
They got life knowing they don't have to play again in Boston's arena.

bostonguy
06-14-2010, 02:22 PM
They got life knowing they don't have to play again in Boston's arena.

At the moment, it doesn't look good for LA. I said "at the moment". Playing at Staples does help but to what extent? Gasol is gonna have to bring it. Same for Odom,Fisher,Bynum, Artest etc etc. A victory in game 6 tips the scale right back in the Lakers favor. This isn't going to be easy by any means. Lakers haven't been closed out at Staples since 2003 (which was the only time in that stadium).

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 02:24 PM

Based on what empirical evidence, Guy? There's no paper trail that lends itself to your hypothesis.

boutons_deux
06-14-2010, 02:27 PM
the Celts see the Lakers' blood in the water, with two chances to make the kill.

I don't see how the Lakers will be any more fired up than the Celts.

The Celts are by far the more physical, aggressive, intimidating blue-collar team with all the momentum now.

F T L

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 02:28 PM
[quote=boutons_deux;4418569]blue-collar team/quote]

That's just ass wipe materiel there.

DazedAndConfused
06-14-2010, 03:17 PM
I hate to say it's all about the refs, but it's really all about the refs.

IF the Celtics are allowed to hack, push, shove, and manhandle the Lakers in the paint they will win most games. They weren't allowed to do this in Games 1, 2, or 3 and it affected their play severely. In Boston, after Doc's tirade, they were given a lot more latitude and the end result was something that looked eerily similar to 2008.

Don't expect the Celtics to get the same kind of ref treatment in LA. It won't happen, if the refs even try to do that there will literally be rioting in the arena and massive chaos. The Celtics will have to play solid defense WITHOUT fouling, their role players must come up big, AND they need their Big 3 to play good games.

I'm confident LA will win Game 6. It's Game 7 that worries me.

z0sa
06-14-2010, 03:23 PM
:lmao Lakerfan complaining about refs may be the most pathetic event that can occur in the realm of sports fandom.

LnGrrrR
06-14-2010, 03:27 PM
To say that the refs allowed the Celtics to manhandle the Lakers in Games 4 and 5 is REALLY stretching it. If they call the games like they did in 1, 2 and 3, I'll be mightily pissed. D&C, did you think the reffing during those games was fun to watch? The ridiculous amount of fouls? Shoot, why not make them wear helmets and shoulderpads while they're out there? We wouldn't want people getting hurt!

kamikazi_player
06-14-2010, 03:29 PM
:lmao Lakerfan complaining about refs may be the most pathetic event that can occur in the realm of sports fandom.
+10000000
Seriously, here in LA that all the Lakerfans talk about. It's so annoying.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
+10000000
Seriously, here in LA that all the Lakerfans talk about. It's so annoying.

Switch it around, if the San Antonio Celtics were losing 3-2 your fans would be doing likewise. It's the nature of the beast.

kamikazi_player
06-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I never complained about the Spurs losing, maybe other spurs fans. But I gave credit, hell I EVEN SAID the Suns will in in 6 games. I thought they were the better team.

z0sa
06-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Switch it around, if the San Antonio Celtics were losing 3-2 your fans would be doing likewise. It's the nature of the beast.

Many called Celtics in 6. It's no surprise they'll once again prevail over the Lakers.

Being second best is still ok.

kamikazi_player
06-14-2010, 03:43 PM
I think realistically. I'm not a blind homer, here I even quote myself

I think the Suns will win tonight game. I actually predicted that the Suns are going to win this series in 6 games. I just think this Suns team has a better chance at dethroning the Spurs this year than years past. However, I'll keep cheering for my boys in silver and black and hope they prove me wrong.:flag::flag::flag::flag:
I never complained about Manu's nose injury or another excuse some Spur fans make. I just simply give them props and give no excuses, thus also meaning NOT BLAMING the refs.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Many called Celtics in 6. It's no surprise they'll once again prevail over the Lakers.

Being second best is still ok.

Nope. The Spisak Manifesto is quite clear on this point:

1. Make the playoffs.

2. Win the last game you play.

There is nothing else.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I hate to say it's all about the refs, but it's really all about the refs.

IF the Celtics are allowed to hack, push, shove, and manhandle the Lakers in the paint they will win most games. They weren't allowed to do this in Games 1, 2, or 3 and it affected their play severely. In Boston, after Doc's tirade, they were given a lot more latitude and the end result was something that looked eerily similar to 2008.

Don't expect the Celtics to get the same kind of ref treatment in LA. It won't happen, if the refs even try to do that there will literally be rioting in the arena and massive chaos. The Celtics will have to play solid defense WITHOUT fouling, their role players must come up big, AND they need their Big 3 to play good games.

I'm confident LA will win Game 6. It's Game 7 that worries me.
If it's all about the refs, the Lakers will win the series.