PDA

View Full Version : Kobe asking someone to make a stand with him.

Pages : [1] 2

TheNextGen
06-14-2010, 03:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-bryantlakers061410

BOSTON – On his way into the losing locker room, the most angry man in the Garden was heard to bellow a spontaneous stream of curses into the ears of his Los Angeles Lakers. As the door slammed behind them, a witness heard Kobe Bryant(notes) screaming that he needed some-bleeping-one to make a stand with him.

The Lakers have been pushed to the edge and Bryant to the brink. Here it was, the most important night of these NBA Finals, a Game 5 with everything even, and it felt like the post-Shaq Lakers with Bryant left to fend for himself. Bryant had gone for 38 points at the Garden, one tough shot after another, a great Celtics defense daring him to make baskets from one more odd angle, one more contested circumstance.

The loneliest Laker had to be Bryant, watching one breakdown after another, a procession of Celtics getting baskets and rebounds and loose balls when they most needed them. He needed someone to grab a defensive rebound, stop Paul Pierce(notes) and get between Rajon Rondo(notes) and the rim.

A little more than an hour after the 92-86 loss, the surliness was gone, replaced with pursed lips and a glare gone to Game 6 now. Bryant wore unlaced high-tops for an ankle that had been hurt again as he walked to a waiting bus on the loading dock.

“We’ve regressed since Game 1,” Bryant confessed to Yahoo! Sports. “Our defense belongs on milk cartons in the last two games.”

All around him, these Lakers were unraveling. Andrew Bynum(notes) struggled on one knee. Lamar Odom(notes) felt sick. Kevin Garnett(notes) destroyed Pau Gasol(notes), and Paul Pierce obliterated Ron Artest(notes). Rondo made dramatic, defining plays. The Lakers let down everywhere. This looked like 2008 again, looked like the manhandling that doomed the Lakers to a humiliating Finals loss in Boston.

When the game was truly lost, the Celtics scored on 12 of 13 possessions in the third quarter. All too easy, all impossible for Bryant to answer, even with what was the hottest hand in the game. He would go for 19 points in the third, and the degree of difficulty had Celtics coach Doc Rivers turning to his two assistants, Tom Thibodeau and Armond Hill, and saying simply, “Those are tough shots. … He’s making tough shots.”

This was Rivers’ way of saying: What else can we do with him? Rivers could tell his players wanted to change the defense, wanted to start trapping Bryant, but he resisted. “It’s only two points each time he scores. Not 10,” Rivers said. The shots kept falling and Bryant kept burning for someone on the Lakers to start playing with him. The rest of them – save for Andrew Bynum, who’s playing in excruciating pain – can be so bendable on the road. The teeth of the Celtics’ defense can be beastly, and the rest of the Lakers wanted little to do with it.

Here’s what’s delicate now for these Lakers and what they have to fear as the Finals return to Los Angeles for Game 6 and perhaps Game 7. Just how fragile are they as a team? Privately, the Celtics believed a Game 5 victory would have Bryant tearing into his teammates, thrusting them back into shells when they needed to be strong.

The Celtics are playing for each other now, and it’s easy to see in so many ways. Just watch how Rondo reacted when Artest knocked Garnett to the floor with a hard foul. He walked up and shoved Artest back, absorbing a technical foul but letting K.G. – and the Lakers – know that he had his back.

Everyone wonders how Bryant goes about these next hours until Game 6 at the Staples Center. On the eve of Game 1, Bryant told me how the development of these Lakers, their growth, allowed him to channel his aggression, his time, into his own game. Two years ago, Bryant said, the Lakers weren’t good enough to beat the Celtics. He hated losing to them, but he could live with it. This one, he’ll take to his grave. This one, he’ll never get over.

Through the past two years, through the ’09 title over the Orlando Magic, the Lakers had become largely self-sufficient. Bryant no longer needed to rail so hard. Now, falling down to the Celtics 3-2, you wonder how much has changed, how much Bryant must do in Games 6 and 7 to win his fifth championship.

The idea of this moment becoming too enormous for the Lakers troubles him. “Just man up and play,” Bryant sniffed. “What’s the big deal? If I have to say something to them, then we don’t deserve to be champions.”

The big deal is unmistakable: The Lakers need to get tougher, stronger and smarter to beat Boston. Yes, they’ve regressed, Bryant confessed. Milk-carton defense, he called it. For that to happen this deep into the Finals, against this team, it was downright disconcerting to the best player on the planet. He was walking toward the bus Sunday night, on his way out of the Garden and back to L.A. for Game 6, trying to come back on a championship series, on a Celtics franchise that has been the bane of these Lakers for 50 years.

All that screaming in the locker room, all that angst over a Game 5 that felt like ’08 again, and Bryant stopped walking and stood for a moment. He had to start building back these Lakers, building back the fragility of a defending champion on the brink of elimination.

His eyes narrowed now, his lips stiffened, and Kobe Bryant would say late in this chase for a back-to-back championship, “Listen, if you told me at the beginning of the year that we’ve got two games at home to win a championship, yeah, I’ll take that [bleep].”

Two games in Staples Center and two final chances for Bryant’s wrath to deliver these Los Angeles Lakers an epic NBA title. All the cursing, all the screaming, was finally done as Bryant walked calmly, quietly to the purring bus.

His words still hung inside the Garden, though. Still loomed over these Lakers. Someone has to make a stand with Kobe Bryant. Someone has to fight to save a championship season.

--------------------------

Watching this game...it was all bout the Lakers defense. Kobe doing what he is suppose to do, taking over games when it is slipping away. The only problem is that boston matched him point for point in the 3rd.

IronMexican
06-14-2010, 03:18 PM
I've been ripping on Kobe all series. But yesterday was on everybody but him. He played great.

PM5K
06-14-2010, 03:25 PM
This is why people say Gasol is soft, physically and emotionally, no great player puts up a game like that in a pivotal Finals game.

TheMACHINE
06-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Man...after game 1, i thought it was for real. Who knew it was just a fluke.

LnGrrrR
06-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Honestly, I don't think it's a good thing for this Lakers team if Kobe calls them out. I don't know how many of them wold step up to the challenge, instead of sulking/folding. I think Artest would. I think Bynum would. That's about it.

Kobe needs to walk a fine line between admonishing his team and straight up berating them.

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2010, 03:29 PM
nothin beats seeing kobe losing another finals...

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 03:30 PM
nothin beats seeing kobe losing another finals...

Spoken like a true San Antonio Celtic fan.

BUMP
06-14-2010, 03:31 PM
It wouldn't hurt to maybe pass the ball

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Artest is on the verge of a complete player meltdown. I can see his horrendous Finals performance affecting him for the rest of his career.

:rolleyes

LnGrrrR
06-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Artest is on the verge of a complete player meltdown. I can see his horrendous Finals performance affecting him for the rest of his career.

Artest losing it and Artest wanting to back up Kobe are not mutually exclusive. In fact, the two may exacerbate each other.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 03:38 PM
No way you can say Artest is mentally tough enough.

He was the lone mental tough out of 10 to not sit down and watch for free Kobe's last shot Game 5 Vs. Phoenix.

lefty
Honestly, I don't think it's a good thing for this Lakers team if Kobe calls them out. I don't know how many of them wold step up to the challenge, instead of sulking/folding. I think Artest would. I think Bynum would. That's about it.

Kobe needs to walk a fine line between admonishing his team and straight up berating them.
Bird did the same thing

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

But hey, it was Larry Legend and a great Celtic teams

z0sa
Odom: "As a team we gotta make a stand"

mavsfan1000
06-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Kobe looking for another person to rape?

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Has Ron Artest played well in the Finals?

Yes or no.

I got two rules:

Rule Number One: I'll choose the time, place and inquisitor when I decide to take an exam.

Rule Number Two: Obey all rules.

DAF86
06-14-2010, 03:41 PM

I can see his total lack of talent, physical ability and BB IQ affecting him for the rest of his career.

lol 4 more years.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 03:42 PM
I can see his total lack of talent, physical ability and BB IQ affecting him for the rest of his career.

lol 4 more years.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 03:44 PM
lmcontrollinao!

lmemulatedao!

lefty
06-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Bird called out the entire team, including himself.

He didn't do the "you guys need to start helping me" routine that Kobe has made famous for many years now.
Ah, ok

**** Kobe

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 03:46 PM
i still got it!

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

lefty
06-14-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.
Sucking is not a trend

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Sucking is not a trend

Taking a skunker from the Suns you would be an expert.

ha, ha.

lefty
06-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Taking a skunker from the Suns you would be an expert.

ha, ha.
:wow

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Tell that monkey's uncle, sep! Takin guff from a San Antonio Celtics fan aint on yer agenda!

muhahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!

hitmanyr2k
06-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Jesus Christ...did Mark Jackson write this shit article? :lol

LnGrrrR
06-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Bird did the same thing

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

But hey, it was Larry Legend and a great Celtic teams

The dynamic of that Celtics team seemed different. It's probably homerism, but I don't think the majority of Lakers would respond positively to Kobe pretty much saying, "You guys sucked at D" (because, let's face it, he's not calling himself out because he hasn't been sucking).

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 04:07 PM
The dynamic of that Celtics team seemed different. It's probably homerism, but I don't think the majority of Lakers would respond positively to Kobe pretty much saying, "You guys sucked at D" (because, let's face it, he's not calling himself out because he hasn't been sucking).

+ Bryant is black and Bird ain't.

LnGrrrR
06-14-2010, 04:09 PM
+ Bryant is black and Bird ain't.

Let's not start getting testy Culby.

The dynamic of that Celtics team seemed different. It's probably homerism,

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Kobe scores 24 of his team's points in a row, and then wonders why everyone is standing around watching him dribble?

He has never been able to toe the line between scorer and a guy that gets his team involved. Jordan somehow managed it. Magic obviously did.

But with Kobe, it seems that he dominates possessions so thoroughly that he causes other players to be passive.

I guess you can blame his teammates for being too passive, but at the same time, it's pretty hard to do much on offense that's meaningful when one guy has put up 24 in a row. Kobe might have saved them in the 3rd, but he doomed them in the 4th when he wasn't as accurate and the rest of the players were coasting.

You can lay the blame at the feet of Gasol, I guess, but he got 12 rebounds last night to lead everyone, so he was obviously working hard. And he had a good jumpshot.

Kobe just never looks to shred the defense with his passing, IMO. Sure, he has stretches where he can be good at getting assists, but it's never seemed like it's a priority to him to make sure his team is involved, unless he's making the "oh look I can pass the ball" point to Phil and the media.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Kobe scores 24 of his team's points in a row, and then wonders why everyone is standing around watching him dribble?

He has never been able to toe the line between scorer and a guy that gets his team involved. Jordan somehow managed it. Magic obviously did.

But with Kobe, it seems that he dominates possessions so thoroughly that he causes other players to be passive.

I guess you can blame his teammates for being too passive, but at the same time, it's pretty hard to do much on offense that's meaningful when one guy has put up 24 in a row. Kobe might have saved them in the 3rd, but he doomed them in the 4th when he wasn't as accurate and the rest of the players were coasting.

They're all fully grown men, Cry.

Act like somebody and get on with it.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 04:25 PM
They're all fully grown men, Cry.

Act like somebody and get on with it.

You ever played basketball?

You ever played for 20 minutes at a time without getting the ball and then suddenly you're fed the rock and expected to have rhythm for a jumpshot?

This isn't about grown men needing to man up. It's about the simple fact that the human body operates on rhythms and cycles. Take that away from someone and they are going to struggle to perform any task at the highest level.

Soccer, football, baseball, you name it. Remove a player's rhythm, and it's difficult to expect them to step up. It's the same reason that managers hesitate to substitute batters in late in a game in crunch time to get a big hit if they haven't swung the bat all game.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 04:27 PM
This isn't about grown men needing to man up.

Yes, it is. And it's about nothing else.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 04:28 PM

You ever played basketball for 20 minutes at a time without getting the ball and then suddenly you're fed the rock and expected to have rhythm for a jumpshot?

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 04:30 PM

Do real men need to score as much as possible (81 points?) to show the world how much of a man they are?

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Do real men need to score as much as possible (81 points?) to show the world how much of a man they are?

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 04:34 PM
You ever played basketball for 20 minutes at a time without getting the ball and then suddenly you're fed the rock and expected to have rhythm for a jumpshot?

I'm not a professional basketball player, Cry. They are. Act like it.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm not a professional basketball player, Cry. They are. Act like it.

So despite the fact that Gasol got 12 rebounds and had a solid jumper, and none of Boston's bigs could handle Odom (who shot 4-6) off the pick n roll last night, it's their fault for not stepping up?

The only Laker I saw last night that flat out sucked was Artest, and he can't be taken out for long stretches because the Lakers need his defense, but wow, that guy is Antione Walker incarnate on offense right now.

Kobe's the leader of this team, and he's had several horrible outings himself in the Finals. I don't see why the blame shifts to his teammates because he got hot in one quarter. He's a professional basketball player and wants to be the leader, has patterned his game after the GoaT. Why does he need to scream at his team after the game to step up?

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Why does he need to scream at his team after the game to step up?

Because they're not performing their jobs.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Because they're not performing their jobs.

Does that mean Kobe's teammates should have been screaming at him after games 2, 3, and 4? How do you think he would have handled Derek Fisher yelling at him to man up? Not well, would be my guess.

Also: Isn't it the responsibility of a leader to, you know, LEAD the team? Scoring a lot doesn't equal leading. You can talk to Allen Iverson about that.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Does that mean Kobe's teammates should have been screaming at him after games 2, 3, and 4? How do you think he would have handled Derek Fisher yelling at him to man up? Not well, would be my guess.

Also: Isn't it the responsibility of a leader to, you know, LEAD the team? Scoring a lot doesn't equal leading. You can talk to Allen Iverson about that.

There is yelling and screaming back and forth on every team, Cry, even your Spurs.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 04:48 PM
There is yelling and screaming back and forth on every team, Cry, even your Spurs.

And yet, even in Duncan's most dominant years, you never saw players and the media en masse come out and wonder aloud why he didn't get his teammates more involved. You never saw another teammate in a dispute with him about touches or points scored.

Leaders lead, and they take the blame if their team doesn't follow. If Kobe isn't a leader, that's fine, but that's the standard that all of the NBA greats are held to. Kobe has earned the reputation of a player who wants the spotlight on him over the past decade in this league. Now the spotlight is on him, and if his team loses, guess what? History isn't going to remember Derek Fisher or Ron Artest as the player that was on the Lakers the two years they lost to the Celtics.

06-14-2010, 04:55 PM
to make things short, not kobe's fault the lakers lost game 5, but it is his fault that the lakers are down 3-2.

Phillip
06-14-2010, 05:02 PM

It's because Kobe takes bad shots in doing so. Sometimes he gets on fire like he was last night and makes them, but he consistently tries to take over by taking dumb, low percentage shots, hoping his talent and athleticism will allow him to keep making them. If he was trying to score in a more efficient, high percentage manner, the way Jordan would do, it's probably a different story, and his teammates would still feel more involved.

Phillip
06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Also, Jordan's teammates had more respect for him than Kobe's teammates do. They most likely thought Jordan was a dick, just like Kobe's teammates obviously think he's a dick, but Jordan's teammates feared displeasing Jordan, because he commanded their respect in a much different way than Kobe does.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 05:12 PM
to make things short, not kobe's fault the lakers lost game 5, but it is his fault that the lakers are down 3-2.

I just think it's way more than a coincidence that Kobe has been very lackluster in this series, and in the one game where he goes off, the rest of the Lakers play very poorly on offense. I think it's fairly obvious why that is.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 05:15 PM
And yet, even in Duncan's most dominant years, you never saw players and the media en masse come out and wonder aloud why he didn't get his teammates more involved. You never saw another teammate in a dispute with him about touches or points scored.

Leaders lead, and they take the blame if their team doesn't follow. If Kobe isn't a leader, that's fine, but that's the standard that all of the NBA greats are held to. Kobe has earned the reputation of a player who wants the spotlight on him over the past decade in this league. Now the spotlight is on him, and if his team loses, guess what? History isn't going to remember Derek Fisher or Ron Artest as the player that was on the Lakers the two years they lost to the Celtics.

Nevertheless their is screaming and yelling in every locker room. Even the Spurs, Cry.

baseline bum
06-14-2010, 05:42 PM
I would have loved to have seen the rest of the Lakers call Kobe out when he was doing his typical 41% Finals shooting performance in the first four games.

Baseline
06-14-2010, 05:43 PM
The Lakers problem is on offense, and if Bryant can't figure out how to make his guys better, then he deserves to lose. All he can do is score. If he was a tenth as good as he thinks he is, the Lakers would beat everybody like a drum.

Seriously, who picked Boston to beat LA? Maybe 10% of the population outside Massachusetts.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Nevertheless their is screaming and yelling in every locker room. Even the Spurs, Cry.

And you're delusional if you think any other Laker player besides maybe Gasol can EVER yell at or talk shit to Kobe at any point of any game in the season.

DJ Mbenga
06-14-2010, 05:57 PM
wouldnt you be mad if its was 1 on 5, and you still had a shot to win

TheMACHINE
06-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Cry Havoc just wants Kobe to pass the ball so Artest can shoot a three pointer and mss with his 27% shooting and he wants gasol to shoot that sweet jumper he kept talking about in his posts. Then he can come in here and say "what happen to the leader of the team, you know, the Kobe with the Killer Instict who take over games".

Kobe shoots practically 50% last night, but he is selfish. Maybe one would think his teammates would grow some balls and assert themselves.

Same old same old.

Stringer_Bell
06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Kobe is right, if it takes him saying something to get his team fired up...they probably don't deserve it. The Lakers are the more talented team, but the Celtics have bunker mentality and play better as a unit. There's been a few times when the Lakers are handling the ball in tough situations looking for Kobe and was time fudging it up (Fisher and Artest in particular, 2 veterans in crucial situations scared and wanting to defer to Kobe). The Celtics haven't seemed to struggle with that as much.

I can see LA coming back, but I hope for the sake of the children that they don't.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Cry Havoc just wants Kobe to pass the ball so Artest can shoot a three pointer and mss with his 27% shooting and he wants gasol to shoot that sweet jumper he kept talking about in his posts. Then he can come in here and say "what happen to the leader of the team, you know, the Kobe with the Killer Instict who take over games".

Kobe shoots practically 50% last night, but he is selfish. Maybe one would think his teammates would grow some balls and assert themselves.

Same old same old.

Exactly, Cry is being intellectually dishonest. ESPN/Media told him to hate Kobe and he's following the marching orders to a >t<.

easy7
06-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Koby is getting ready to start throwing mofos under the train come Tuesday night after the game. I see shit starting to get cold and see a Silver Bullet in the horizon.

Obstructed_View
06-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Kobe making a few long jumpers over and through double teams is fool's gold. Always has been, always will be. You can't count on that to continue any more than a jump shooting team can count on it. Kobe Bryant should be the ultimate weapon in the NBA for breaking down defenses, but he's happy to just chuck and chuck. That's why so many people laugh when his fans try to compare him to Michael Jordan. He's barely a tall version of Allen Iverson.

PM5K
06-14-2010, 07:20 PM
At the end of the day these guys might have an excuse on offense, but what was their excuse on defense? They were too busy thinking about all the sweet shots Kobe was making?

4>0rings
06-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Don't worry Kobe, the refs will stand with ya!

TheMACHINE
06-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Don't worry Kobe, the refs will stand with ya!

you promise?

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Exactly, Cry is being intellectually dishonest. ESPN/Media told him to hate Kobe and he's following the marching orders to a >t<.

:lol

You're right. That hateful media that hates him so much they listed him as the MJ for the better part of this decade.

sabar
06-14-2010, 07:44 PM

Surely this is a joke. All playoffs long ESPN has been ramming down our throats that Kobe is equal to or better than MJ, that he is by far the best player in the league, even when he is shooting 40% to a loss.

Exhibit A: Marc Jackson says that an ill-advised heave over a double team that miraculously bounces in is good offense from Kobe.

TD 21
06-14-2010, 08:00 PM
If Bryant drop kicked the ball from mid court and it went in Jackson would tell us that it was good offense. If he strangled someone unprovoked, Jackson would tell us that that person deserved it. If he told Jackson to jump off a bridge, without thinking twice Jackson would oblige.

This guy is on a bizarre crusade to convince people that Bryant is at worst Jordan's equal, at best greater than him. I don't get it. Is he friends with Bryant and/or does he have something against Jordan? He's not from L.A. (though he lives their now) and didn't to my knowledge grow up a Lakers fan, so why is he madly in love with Bryant? Does ESPN just tell all of their on-air basketball people to build this guy up? And if so, did Jackson take that too far? I can't figure out his obsession with Bryant for the life of me. Particularly coming from a guy who played in the league. Most ex-players aren't in awe of anyone, but not Jackson, he's like a kid in a candy store watching Bryant.

Typical Bryant, putting it all on his teammates. No other all-time great would pull that, they'd talk about how it starts with them or about how they need to do more. Look at a guy like Duncan, he could have thrown up 30/20/5/5 and if his team lost, he'd put it on himself. Not this punk. He wants all of the accolades when it's going good and none of the criticism when it's going bad.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:02 PM
You ever played basketball?

You ever played for 20 minutes at a time without getting the ball and then suddenly you're fed the rock and expected to have rhythm for a jumpshot?

This isn't about grown men needing to man up. It's about the simple fact that the human body operates on rhythms and cycles. Take that away from someone and they are going to struggle to perform any task at the highest level.

Soccer, football, baseball, you name it. Remove a player's rhythm, and it's difficult to expect them to step up. It's the same reason that managers hesitate to substitute batters in late in a game in crunch time to get a big hit if they haven't swung the bat all game.

20 mins? It was 8. You ever play ball? Where I come from, if someone is hot on your team you feed him until he isnt, be it 2 mins or 20, and you do the other things that get you the victory be it D or rebounding. Standing around and balming the hot guy for your inablility to step up both BEFORE AND AFTER the hot streak is anything but TEAM BALL. Maybe they need to look in the mirror first before placing blame.

You cannot be serious with the baseball anology. Pitch hitters are used EXACTLY for the purpose of getting big crunch time hits many times after not seeing the field for weeks. Geeeeeeeeeeez.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 08:03 PM
I don't have to say anything. NBA fans in this thread just saying the truth.

+10000000

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:04 PM

If TD had Shaq in his team he would have heard it.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:07 PM
The Lakers problem is on offense, and if Bryant can't figure out how to make his guys better, then he deserves to lose. All he can do is score. If he was a tenth as good as he thinks he is, the Lakers would beat everybody like a drum.

Seriously, who picked Boston to beat LA? Maybe 10% of the population outside Massachusetts.

Who picked them to beat the Cavs? The Magic?

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 08:08 PM
20 mins? It was 8.

You must have missed that entire halftime segment. So actually it was probably more like 30 minutes. I was being generous. Unless you think the pre-2nd half shootaround counts as getting your men involved in the game?

You ever play ball? Where I come from, if someone is hot on your team you feed him until he isnt, be it 2 mins or 20, and you do the other things that get you the victory be it D or rebounding.

Most of the time when I play ball and a guy shoots every shot for his team, it's not because he's good. It's for entirely different reasons. And a pickup game to 15 is a far cry from a 48 minute battle between the best players in the world. A hot player can win the game for you by himself in a rec league... it's not going to happen in the NBA.

Standing around and balming the hot guy for your inablility to step up both BEFORE AND AFTER the hot streak is anything but TEAM BALL. Maybe they need to look in the mirror first before placing blame.

You're right. Kobe should have shot MORE shots. Because if there's one thing that's team ball, it's a guy who's double covered chucking a 26 footer while fading away.

You cannot be serious with the baseball anology. Pitch hitters are used EXACTLY for the purpose of getting big crunch time hits many times after not seeing the field for weeks. Geeeeeeeeeeez.

Which is precisely why managers routinely put their hitters in throughout different games and different situations, to keep them in the rhythm so that they can see a lot of pitches. My initial point stands and is nicely illustrated by you taking issue with it. Thanks. :tu

Capt Bringdown
06-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Sounds like Kobe's setting the stage to throw his teammates under the bus should the Lakers lose the series.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 08:09 PM
I picked the Celtics to beat LA

and I made a post after Game 3 saying the Celtics are the better team and I got laughed at

who's laughing now :lol

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 08:09 PM
If TD had Shaq in his team he would have heard it.

I seriously doubt Shaq would have had a problem with Duncan if they were teammates, considering that would have guaranteed the Spurs or the Lakers about 8 titles in a row. :lol

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Sounds like Kobe's setting the stage to throw his teammates under the bus should the Lakers lose the series.

co-signed.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:11 PM
And you're delusional if you think any other Laker player besides maybe Gasol can EVER yell at or talk shit to Kobe at any point of any game in the season.

Wrong. Fish has gotten in Kobes grill many times and is probably the only one Kobe would actually listen to.

Ghazi
06-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Interesting Hollinger article today on Kobe maybe being the finals MVP even if the Lakers lose.

Wouldn't that be interesting :lol, But I think it'd be lame.

Individually Kobe has been the best player in this series.

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:13 PM

:lol yeah that was pretty bad. The whole point of pinch hitters is to be able to come through with a big hit regardless of the situation. Other than starting pitchers, there's really nobody that has to "get in a rhythm" in baseball.

ElNono
06-14-2010, 08:14 PM

Basically. The preemptive 'not my fault' in case shit hits the fan in the next two games...

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Kobe making a few long jumpers over and through double teams is fool's gold. Always has been, always will be. You can't count on that to continue any more than a jump shooting team can count on it. Kobe Bryant should be the ultimate weapon in the NBA for breaking down defenses, but he's happy to just chuck and chuck. That's why so many people laugh when his fans try to compare him to Michael Jordan. He's barely a tall version of Allen Iverson.

Complete loss of any credibility you might have had right there.

What an absurd comment.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:16 PM
At the end of the day these guys might have an excuse on offense, but what was their excuse on defense? They were too busy thinking about all the sweet shots Kobe was making?

Touchee!

It's all about desire and will to win. The team that has had it in this series has won that particular game.

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Which is precisely why managers routinely put their hitters in throughout different games and different situations, to keep them in the rhythm so that they can see a lot of pitches. My initial point stands and is nicely illustrated by you taking issue with it. Thanks. :tu

You're seriously going with this? This completely contradicts the baseball analogy you came up with originally.

Just admit you fucked this one up and move on. You're right about the Kobe thing, only a Laker homer thinks Kobe's ballhogging is a good thing.

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Basically. The preemptive 'not my fault' in case shit hits the fan in the next two games...

Kobe's most desired scenario right now might be to lose the Finals and win Finals MVP. That's the ultimate "I did everything I could but my teammates suck" trump card. Kobe knobslobbers would probably use the Finals MVP in a loss as evidence that Kobe > Jordan.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Kobe's most desired scenario right now might be to lose the Finals and win Finals MVP. That's the ultimate "I did everything I could but my teammates suck" trump card.

Mono, gettin' his stupid on.

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:23 PM

Cully, gettin his homer on.

You'd think even the biggest Kobe homer would be able to admit that Kobe is all about Kobe. He wants to win only because winning props up his own legacy. If he could lose but still keep his legacy intact, in fact maybe even propping it up even more despite a loss, he'd do that in a heartbeat.

Being so good that you win Finals MVP in a losing effort not only is incredibly rare, but it's actually a fairly significant accomplishment. If Kobe can't win a title, he wouldn't be one bit disappointed with this consolation prize.

Ghazi
06-14-2010, 08:23 PM

gooo Dallas Celtics go go :clap :clap :clap!!

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Cully, gettin his homer on.

You'd think even the biggest Kobe homer would be able to admit that Kobe is all about Kobe. He wants to win only because winning props up his own legacy. If he could lose but still keep his legacy intact, in fact maybe even propping it up even more despite a loss, he'd do that in a heartbeat.

Being so good that you win Finals MVP in a losing effort not only is incredibly rare, but it's actually a fairly significant accomplishment. If Kobe can't win a title, he wouldn't be one bit disappointed with this consolation prize.

Mono, gettin' his idiot on.

ElNono
06-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Kobe's most desired scenario right now might be to lose the Finals and win Finals MVP. That's the ultimate "I did everything I could but my teammates suck" trump card. Kobe knobslobbers would probably use the Finals MVP in a loss as evidence that Kobe > Jordan.

It would be interesting to see Stern's reaction if the Lakers manage to lose the Finals. I would expect some kind of 'one-time trade super-exception' that would allow them to move Bynum and land Bosh, probably followed by Bynum announcing his retirement from basketball 3 months later because his vulva moved down to his knee and he can't play basketball anymore...

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 08:25 PM
It would be interesting to see Stern's reaction if the Lakers manage to lose the Finals. I would expect some kind of 'one-time trade super-exception' that would allow them to move Bynum and land Bosh, probably followed by Bynum announcing his retirement from basketball 3 months later because his vulva moved down to his knee and he can't play basketball anymore...

El, gettin' his imbecile on.

MiamiHeat
Team chemistry leaks into all aspects of play.

If you're bored and out of rhythm on offense, you will lack confidence on defense.

No momentum. Good defense can ignite player confidence and play better on offense, and vice versa.

Why do I have to explain this to you cock gobbler?

You're a fucking nerd who has never played basketball I am pretty sure.

ElNono
Not to mention that if Boston wins the ship, I think Rondo is deserving of MVP honors...

ElNono
06-14-2010, 08:26 PM
http://www.meh.ro/original/2010_03/meh.ro2509.jpg

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Think about it:

Finals MVP's in a winning effort - long list of 26 different names. already includes Kobe.

Finals MVP's in a losing effort - just 2. Jerry West, Kobe Bryant

If Kobe wins MVP and loses the series, he won't be pissed off one bit about this season.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 08:27 PM
and there is 0% chance of Kobe winning any finals mvp

He shot 41% in the first 4 games. He sucked cock.

and we don't do that anymore. It happened once I think with Jerry West, but policy has changed. Only winning team players now win the award.

ElNono
06-14-2010, 08:27 PM
If Kobe wins MVP and loses the series, he won't be pissed off one bit about this season.

He would be. He needs to get to 6 quick....

Ghazi
06-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Lakers chemistry issues are on the offensive end because Fisher/Artest are flawed offensive players... Odom/Bynum are inconsistent. They were one of the 5 worst 3-PT shooting teams in the league this year

They've had offensive issues all year. They have lost the points in the paint battle for Games 2-5. Also Boston is the best defensive team in the league...

Ain't Kobe's fault. Weak stuff. IMHFO

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:29 PM
He would be. He needs to get to 6 quick....

He'll still have his chances after this season. Boston's getting too old to compete after this season. This is their final shot, Kobe's got probably 3 or 4 more shots.

Spursfan092120
06-14-2010, 08:30 PM
This is the Kobe they need to win...too bad he doesn't have the help.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:31 PM
You must have missed that entire halftime segment. So actually it was probably more like 30 minutes. I was being generous. Unless you think the pre-2nd half shootaround counts as getting your men involved in the game?

Huh? No clue what you are trying to say here.

Most of the time when I play ball and a guy shoots every shot for his team, it's not because he's good. It's for entirely different reasons. And a pickup game to 15 is a far cry from a 48 minute battle between the best players in the world. A hot player can win the game for you by himself in a rec league... it's not going to happen in the NBA.

I'm not talking about some peon pick up game. I'm talking playing at a high level. Kobe didnt take every shot. He took 34% of the shots and scored 44% of the teams points. Nice try.

You're right. Kobe should have shot MORE shots. Because if there's one thing that's team ball, it's a guy who's double covered chucking a 26 footer while fading away.

Nobody else was making the shots they did take. Yeah, I'm shooting 50% and keeping my team in the game and its tight at the end of the 3rd qtr. Let me pass to the guy doing nothing and who is 1-10 because I don't want to bruise his fragile ego. :lol

No, you said "managers hesitate to substitute batters in late in a game in crunch time to get a big hit if they haven't swung the bat all game" and that is pure rubbish. Pitch hitters enter the games in the latter innings and have not touched the field prior. That is why they are pitch hitters.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 08:32 PM
This is the Kobe they need to win...too bad he doesn't have the help.

What do you call what Fisher did in Game 3?

Kobe has ONE good quarter out of 5 games, and bam...

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:34 PM

i've already forgotten about that.

damn, this series would be over already if not for Fisher in Game 3.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Team chemistry leaks into all aspects of play.

If you're bored and out of rhythm on offense, you will lack confidence on defense.

No momentum. Good defense can ignite player confidence and play better on offense, and vice versa.

Why do I have to explain this to you cock gobbler?

You're a fucking nerd who has never played basketball I am pretty sure.

My 27 years in the game, multiple national championships, Paralympic Bronze medal (yes we choked that one), representing the USA in numeroous international competitions, oval office visit, and picture & name in the Basketball Hall of Fame would beg to differ.

If you are on my team and you say you can't play defense because you haven't got touches on offense... your gone! What a lame fucking excuse.

Ghazi
06-14-2010, 08:36 PM

Kobe has ONE good quarter out of 5 games, and bam...

Shut the fuck up.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 08:37 PM
My 27 years in the game, multiple national championships, Paralympic Bronze medal (yes we choked that one), representing the USA in numeroous international competitions, oval office visit, and picture & name in the Basketball Hall of Fame would beg to differ.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:39 PM

If you are on my team and you say you can't play defense because you haven't got touches on offense... your gone! What a lame fucking excuse.

:lol this might be the most hilarious post ever on ST.

dirk4mvp
06-14-2010, 08:39 PM

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:40 PM
My 30 years in the game, NBA titles, Finals MVP trophy, Dad of the Year hat, and Purple Heart tell me I'm more qualified than you.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:40 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao

Care to make a wager? I'll bet you $10,000 right now that everything I stated is the truth.

Put up or STFU hater boy.

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Care to make a wager? I'll bet you $10,000 right now that everything I stated is the truth.

Put up or STFU hater boy.

Okay I take that bet.

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Cobbler, you didn't. You went that far just to get post of the year?

ElNono
06-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Okay I take that bet.

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Cobbler, you didn't. You went that far just to get post of the year?

I have post of the year locked up. This Nobel Prize sitting on my shelf is evidence of that.

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 08:43 PM

I will take the bet because there is no way you were in numeroous international competitions.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:45 PM
:lol this might be the most hilarious post ever on ST.

Why?

I was hurt in an auto accident when I was 21. I played competitive wheelchair ball. I was fortunate to excell at it. My team won 8 national championships in a 12 year span. I have represented the USA in numerous international competitons and Paralympic games. We got to visit the White House and meet Clinton. My pic and name are on a wall in the Hall of Fame.

All facts.... Laugh all you want.

4>0rings
06-14-2010, 08:46 PM
What's sad is if all that is true, he still has shitty basketball takes.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 08:47 PM
gobbler about to dunk that shit

http://media.hamiltonspectator.topscms.com/images/e2/bb/bf1a73bc4d3893cced02d142e5fa.jpeg

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 08:47 PM
What's sad is if all that is true, he still has shitty basketball takes.

nonoo

WHATS SAD IS COCK GOBBLER STILL HAS THE NERVE TO MAKE FUN OF PAUL PIERCE IN A WHEELCHAIR

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Using a tragedy and disability as a way to make me feel like shit for laughing at his post. Not buying it.

Prove it's all true. Do that and I swear I'll send you $10,000 of monopoly money.

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Cobbler, you didn't. They are not poking fun because they don't believe it, they are poking fun for you going there.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Going to show your true colors now Miami? Is this where you diss the disabled?

Pathetic!

Mavs_man_41
06-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Why?

I was hurt in an auto accident when I was 21. I played competitive wheelchair ball. I was fortunate to excell at it. My team won 8 national championships in a 12 year span. I have represented the USA in numerous international competitons and Paralympic games. We got to visit the White House and meet Clinton. My pic and name are on a wall in the Hall of Fame.

so stick to discussing wheelchair basketball then, which is nothing like the sport played in the NBA

MiamiHeat
Going to show your true colors now Miami? Is this where you diss the disabled?

Pathetic!

you mean like the way you cheer for a rapist or make fun of Paul Pierce or Dwyane Wade when he had to be on a wheelchair ??

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

ElNono
Is the disability mental?

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 08:51 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

fucking epic thread now

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Cobbler, you didn't. They are not poking fun because they don't believe it, they are poking fun for you going there.

The comment was made that im a nerd that has never played. I stated otherwise.

I am proud of my bball career and you guys can laugh all you want. I have traveled the world playing the game and have no regrets.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:53 PM
so stick to discussing wheelchair basketball then, which is nothing like the sport played in the NBA

basketball is basketball.

monosylab1k

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/tmbs/daa2fbb07b/fullsize_2.jpg
I am so paralyzed!

cobbler
Class acts one and all...

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Class acts one and all...

I call bullshit until you prove it.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:55 PM
I call bullshit until you prove it.

would you like to see the paralympic medal?

pic of me with Clinton?

Mavs_man_41
06-14-2010, 08:56 PM

I am proud of my bball career and you guys can laugh all you want. I have traveled the world playing the game and have no regrets.

that's pretty neat and impressive and all, but it doesn't mean your opinion > everyone's when it comes to real basketball

ElNono
06-14-2010, 08:56 PM
mono, tell him about the time you lost a hand to a python in the Brazilian jungle, yet that freakishly kick-started your successful basketball career, which automatically make you a supreme authority in basketball related conversation and a sensation with lactose-intolerant women in general...

4>0rings
06-14-2010, 08:57 PM
pic of me with Clinton?Are you wearing the blue dress?

monosylab1k
would you like to see the paralympic medal?

pic of me with Clinton?

yes to both.

and then a shot of you with a hand made sign that says "I'm cobbler on SpursTalk"

Do that and I'll keep my end of the bet.

monosylab1k
mono, tell him about the time you lost a hand to a python in the Brazilian jungle, yet that freakishly kick-started your successful basketball career, which automatically make you a supreme authority in basketball related conversation and a sensation with lactose-intolerant women in general...

I would but I'm too busy polishing my collection of Oscars.

cobbler
that's pretty neat and impressive and all, but it doesn't mean your opinion > everyone's when it comes to real basketball

Never said it did...

I was told I never played... i responded.

ElNono
06-14-2010, 08:58 PM
http://www.sargeworld.com/images/foley/monica.png

cobbler
06-14-2010, 08:58 PM
yes to both.

and then a shot of you with a hand made sign that says "I'm cobbler on SpursTalk"

hang on then

give me 20

Mavs_man_41
06-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Never said it did...

I was told I never played... i responded.

cool, but what everyone is saying about kobe in this thread is true. he ballhogs his teammates right out of games and then blames them for not saving the day when his shot stops falling, in a nutshell.

ElNono
06-14-2010, 09:00 PM
cool, but what everyone is saying about kobe in this thread is true. he ballhogs his teammates right out of games and then blames them for not saving the day when his shot stops falling, in a nutshell.

Yeah, but Kobe didn't have to hit 3's from a wheelchair... :td

ElNono
06-14-2010, 09:01 PM
yes to both.

LOL... I can sense new sig coming...

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah, but Kobe didn't have to hit 3's from a wheelchair... :td

My speciality! :wow

ElNono
06-14-2010, 09:02 PM
My speciality! :wow

Come on, get going with the Photoshop... you said 20 mins..

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:04 PM
batteries

photoshop not needed... I have no reason to BS here.

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 09:12 PM

and for real, if he's telling the truth I fully intend to man up and honor every word of this post -

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4419437&postcount=121

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:13 PM

Now I am more inclined to just send proof to Kori and have her validate to you sad sacks... I find ot very distasteful that you would want to poke fun of something I am very proud of and worked hard to achieve.

I know we all talk trash here and have a lot of fun with our basketball bantar... but making fun of the disabled. Really guys?

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 09:13 PM
:lol at cobbler thinking that playing the game suddenly means he knows basketball.

As if Ron Artest doesn't play in the NBA and yet has one of the lowest BBIQs in the history of the league.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 09:14 PM

and for real, if he's telling the truth I fully intend to man up and honor every word of this post -

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4419437&postcount=121

That's an expensive post, man.

Hope you've got plenty of monopoly money lying around.

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Now I am more inclined to just send proof to Kori and have her validate to you sad sacks... I find ot very distasteful that you would want to poke fun of something I am very proud of and worked hard to achieve.

I know we all talk trash here and have a lot of fun with our basketball bantar... but making fun of the disabled. Really guys?

Dude if you're really some world champion wheelchair basketball player nobody's gonna make fun of you for it.

tbh it seems like you're stalling at the moment.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 09:16 PM

LOL YOU MADE FUN OF INJURED NBA PLAYERS WHO NEEDED WHEELCHAIRS FOR MEDICAL PRECAUTIONS

fucking shitty sad laker fan

where's your multiple championships and hall of fame career at bro?

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Dude if you're really some world champion wheelchair basketball player nobody's gonna make fun of you for it.

tbh it seems like you're stalling at the moment.

waiting for camera batteries to charge

its not a problem to show you

patience

and you can tell me to put something in the pic last second

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 09:17 PM
LOL YOU MADE FUN OF INJURED NBA PLAYERS WHO NEEDED WHEELCHAIRS FOR MEDICAL PRECAUTIONS

Do you have the quote from the post where he was laughing at Wade (it was Wade, right?) for needing a wheelchair?

Because that would be classless on his part if you could find it.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:18 PM

where's your multiple championships and hall of fame career at bro?

I made fun of an abled body guy using a wheelchair

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Do you have the quote from the post where he was laughing at Wade (it was Wade, right?) for needing a wheelchair?

Because that would be classless on his part if you could find it.

Never happened

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 09:19 PM

fucking hypocrite

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 09:20 PM

Are you serious? You insulted someone because they temporarily needed something that your life depends on?

And then you call other people classless. Unbelievable. That's like a guy on a respirator talking trash to a player who comes over to the sideline to get oxygen.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 09:21 PM

Never happened

Wat

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 09:23 PM

That's fine. But if you let this get to you so much where you have to throw out life accomplishments to defend yourself, you will get poked at.

You call people fat beaners and that is not tasteful. People are poking fun because you feel the need to justify and throw out these things to defend yourself. It is a little over the top.

If you would have said this in a different context or normal conversation, no big deal. But throwing out in some random Kobe argument is kind of strange.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 09:24 PM
But throwing out in some random Kobe argument is kind of strange.

Clearly you don't understand how fragile Laker fan's ego is.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:28 PM
its not a secret... I have talked with many posters on here about my bball career.

ElNono
06-14-2010, 09:30 PM
its not a secret... I have talked with many posters on here about my bball career.

Coincidentally, a lot of posters on here have talked back to you about your posting career...

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:31 PM
That's fine. But if you let this get to you so much where you have to throw out life accomplishments to defend yourself, you will get poked at.

You call people fat beaners and that is not tasteful. People are poking fun because you feel the need to justify and throw out these things to defend yourself. It is a little over the top.

If you would have said this in a different context or normal conversation, no big deal. But throwing out in some random Kobe argument is kind of strange.

The texas beaner thing you are totally taking out of context and you know it.

I am proud of my bball career... and I have no problems talking about it... especially when some idiot say I probably have never played the game.

Get over it.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Coincidentally, a lot of posters on here have talked back to you about your posting career...

...and I could care less

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Wait.....you are telling me..to.get.over.it.

I am confused.

In what context where you using Beaner?

monosylab1k
alright i got some shit to do so I'm done waiting.

if cobbler ever posts the pics, then all I need for proof one pic of him with the handmade sign to prove it's him. also, put shoe on head. thanx.

TinTin
How long do batteries take to charge?

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Wat

The dwade comment never happend. Get a grip. I did make fun of Paulina and all his theatrics... yes. As did everyone else.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Get a grip.

Geez, it's so tempting to fire off with a sharp retort.

ElNono
I have 5 SOLID years of playing NBA2K5 to NBA2K10... I update my rosters regularly, and attended a few REAL NBA games (in expensive seats too).

So now you all know it's perfectly okay to bow at my feet...

cobbler
Wait.....you are telling me..to.get.over.it.

I am confused.

In what context where you using Beaner?

THe poster called all LA fans coke snorting hollywood wanna be's

And I said that would be like me calling all spur fans teaxs beaners.

Apparently you don't read the posts where I state I have nothing but respect for the Spurs and their org.

cobbler
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/pres2b.jpg

ElNono
Geez, it's so tempting to fire off with a sharp retort.

:rollin

ElNono
06-14-2010, 09:37 PM
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/w2.jpg

Is that your new wheelchair?

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Stay classy ElNono!!

ElNono
06-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Stay classy ElNono!!

Is it or not? It's in your photo album and I didn't put it there...

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:47 PM
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/zzz.jpg

cobbler
06-14-2010, 09:56 PM
~crickets chirping~

ElNono
06-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Is it or not? It's in your photo album and I didn't put it there...

~crickets chirping~

Stringer_Bell
06-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Great achievement Cobbler! Your hand writing looks fucking retarded though. :king

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 10:00 PM
THe poster called all LA fans coke snorting hollywood wanna be's

And I said that would be like me calling all spur fans teaxs beaners.

Apparently you don't read the posts where I state I have nothing but respect for the Spurs and their org.

This is not true and it appears you have deleted your post.

Also, you say things that are not classy, then say others have no class.

Then you insult people, then cry about people "throwing out third grade insults".

Then you say anyone who calls you out is a hypocrite, while you constantly defend Laker fans/players and call out HH all the time.

Then you try and act smarter than everyone and take things so serious you feel the need to edit posts, post pictures and throw out life stats. We are all proud of things, but we don't use that in an argument to justify ourselves on ST.

You seem to forget you are a Laker fan on a Spurs board.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Great achievement Cobbler! Your hand writing looks fucking retarded though. :king

Pathetic penmanship I must admit.

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 10:03 PM
fail :td

identify yourself with Clinton, then include your face in the shot w/homemade sign. then put shoe on head.

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 10:05 PM

No. Cobby is a Laker fan on the the Lakers Board at ST.

Luva told me to keep a sharp watch on assholes in his absence, and I have every intention of honoring my Luva.

Let us proceed...

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:06 PM
This is not true and it appears you have deleted your post.

Also, you say things that are not classy, then say others have no class.

Then you insult people, then cry about people "throwing out third grade insults".

Then you say anyone who calls you out is a hypocrite, while you constantly defend Laker fans/players and call out HH all the time.

Then you try and act smarter than everyone and take things so serious you feel the need to edit posts, post pictures and throw out life stats. We are all proud of things, but we don't use that in an argument to justify ourselves on ST.

Never deleted anything. Wrong again.

Now go back and cuddle with your boy HH.

I don't have to justify anything. I am proud of my bball acomplishments and when people tell me I have obviously never played the game, I have no problem showing I have.

NBA forum on a Spurs board. you could probably count the times I have posted upstairs on your hands.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:07 PM
fail :td

identify yourself with Clinton, then include your face in the shot w/homemade sign. then put shoe on head.

not happening

I have shown you I spoke the truth. I have no need to give you fuel to mock me.

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Never deleted anything. Wrong again.

Now go back and cuddle with your boy HH.

I don't have to justify anything. I am proud of my bball acomplishments and when people tell me I have obviously never played the game, I have no problem showing I have.

NBA forum on a Spurs board. you could probably count the times I have posted upstairs on your hands.

Well your beaner post was certainly not as you described it and I can't find it any longer.

:lmao at your "cuddle your cuddle with HH" comment. I could easily say "go cuddle with Culby" to you. Do you realize how lame you sound. You are a human contradiction.

Cue the "I am proud to be a contradiction and I will wear it on my sleeve" comment....

You are a Laker fan on a Spurs board. Don't get it twisted. What are you expecting with your hypersensitivity and constant defending of all things Lakers even when you look lame as hell.

Cue the "I don't care what you think and I am proud to defend the Lakers" comment....

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:11 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Here is me with Clinton and Brad Pitt (no not the little black girl guys...)

http://www.kalaweitfm.com/web/images/news/bill-clinton-brad-pitt.jpg

But I won't post any proof because I can't handle being made fun of on the Internets even though I constantly claim I don't care what people think.

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Cobbler, I did not know you were in a band!

pl-rroTmyRM

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:17 PM

But I won't post any proof because I can't handle being made fun of on the Internets even though I constantly claim I don't care what people think.

See the jackets? give me a few words to write... and I'll show ya.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Cobbler, I did not know you were in a band!

pl-rroTmyRM

Did HH not spoon you last night? Is this why you are so cranky? :lol

ElNono
06-14-2010, 10:19 PM

Dude, he's on a wheelchair.

If you're not going to feel sorry for him, at least show some respect...

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:19 PM
and I am in a band.. wanna see my guitars? hehehehehe

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Dude, he's on a wheelchair.

If you're not going to feel sorry for him, at least show some respect...

Feel sorry? Really? :wow:lol

ElNono
06-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Here's my equestrian gold medal:

http://uvazu.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/atlanta-olympic-gold-medal.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Tbh this isn't the first thread where cobbler has talked about playing wheelchair ball, I'm pretty sure he's even posted his pic before.

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Did HH not spoon you last night? Is this why you are so cranky? :lol

Does Cully not prop you up enough and call you pretty while you put the lotion on the skin? Is this why you are so self conscious?

ElNono
06-14-2010, 10:22 PM
But what I really treasure is this Coca Cola cap:

http://cdn3.ioffer.com/img/item/493/303/11/cocacola_bottle_opener.jpg

which was given to me by Mohammed Ali

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Tbh this isn't the first thread where cobbler has talked about playing wheelchair ball, I'm pretty sure he's even posted his pic before.

Exactly. I don't doubt what he says is true. I just think he is one really insecure dude.

"You think I care what you think :lmao :lmao" ..."But I won't post my pic because I don't want to give you ammo to make fun of me".

monosylab1k
06-14-2010, 10:24 PM
not happening

I have shown you I spoke the truth. I have no need to give you fuel to mock me.

all you've proven is that you have a 96 atlanta paralympics medal. good job :tu

put shoe on head or the deal is off.

ElNono
06-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Set of used Pamela Anderson undies in my collection:

http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2007/december/GGA/102407_figleaves_a.jpg

Who knows more about basketball now, uh?

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Cobbler has no reason to lie about this, and he has said it before when he has felt the need to establish himself to SpursTalker's.

The reason is why, if he does not care what people think, does he feel the need to justify himself to people he does not care about?

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:27 PM
all you've proven is that you have a 96 atlanta paralympics medal. good job :tu

put shoe on head or the deal is off.

there is no deal anyway... nice try

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Cobbler has no reason to lie about this, and he has said it before when he has felt the need to establish himself to SpursTalker's.

The reason is why, if he does not care what people think, does he feel the need to justify himself to people he does not care about?

I'll spell it out for you real simply.

I could care less if you think I am a shitty poster, have no basketball knowledge, you get butthurt over my not liking another poster, etc etc

I do care about my basketball career and am proud of my accomplishments with it. And I certainly don't mind showing a fool like Miami that when he says I have never played... that he is again, like you are very often, wrong.

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 10:34 PM
I'll spell it out for you real simply.

I could care less if you think I am a shitty poster, have no basketball knowledge, you get butthurt over my not liking another poster, etc etc

I do care about my basketball career and am proud of my accomplishments with it. And I certainly don't mind showing a fool like Miami that when he says I have never played... that he is again, like you are very often, wrong.

So you do care if they think you are a shitty poster (which you very often, are) because you can't help but try to justify and prove yourself to everyone. You use the "you played" argument to prove yourself.

How you don't see that is beyond me.

Link to me being wrong? I can show you plenty of you being wrong. "Fans are a part of the Lakers" lol.

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I have no problem admitting I am wrong at times. I have stated many many times I am a Laker homer and I support my boys to a fault.

If you have a problem with that... oh well.

Proving I played the game at a high level has absolutely nothing to do with the quality or lack of of my posts.

Speaking of contradictions... you call me out for having my little fued with HH and yet everytime I do... and now even when I don't... you come running whenever I post. It's kinda cute... your little HH buddy buddy thing. :toast

hmmmmmmm

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Yes, because it is plastered all over the place. Now you have sucked me into it with your suckiness and I am miserable for it :lol

cobbler
06-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Yes, because it is plastered all over the place. Now you have sucked me into it with your suckiness and I am miserable for it :lol

You are quite correct... Harlem/Chris/Miami post the same BS ad naseum about the rapist, snitch, racist comments....

and I reply.

And now they have the never wrong DPG watching the fort. Very cute!

ducks
06-14-2010, 11:00 PM
lakers are bigger then boston
they should not be getting outrebounded
kobe wants them to man up and rebound

jag
06-14-2010, 11:04 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.

DPG21920
06-14-2010, 11:05 PM
I have been wrong before. Just to see what it was like. Not for me.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2010, 11:15 PM

ducks has spoken

ducks
06-14-2010, 11:22 PM
maybe kobe will get mad and have one of their bigs traded
when they lose
gasol

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 11:29 PM

Game 5 :

Celtics total rebounds = 35
Lakers total rebounds = 34

1 rebound difference. GOod job ducks.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 11:30 PM
when they lose
gasol

Highest rebounder in Game 5 =

Pau Gasol, with 12 rebounds.

Good job ducks.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 11:31 PM
ducks has spoken

Total Offensive Rebounds in Game 5 =

Lakers - 16
Celtics - 7

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Total Offensive Rebounds in Game 5 =

Lakers - 16
Celtics - 7

If you couldn't sense the sarcasm in my post then you should really check to see if all the microwaves from the reheated pizza have caused brain damage.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 11:36 PM
If you couldn't sense the sarcasm in my post then you should really check to see if all the microwaves from the reheated pizza have caused brain damage.

I so used to your laker cocksucking that I can't tell the difference anymore.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2010, 11:39 PM
I so used to your laker cocksucking that I can't tell the difference anymore.

tbh all the Kobe hate has made me a fan of his, plus I'm not bothered by some Lakers fans on this site like a lot of people are. Now, when it comes to the really stupid Lakers fans (namlook, DazedAndConfused) I'll talk as much shit about LA as you do.

LnGrrrR
06-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Why?

Cobbler, I'll give you some props. Many men would let an accident like that screwuo their life, but you found a way to still had fun doing what you love and being successful at it. Congrats. :toast

Giuseppe
06-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Cobbler, I'll give you some props. Many men would let an accident like that screwuo their life, but you found a way to still had fun doing what you love and being successful at it. Congrats. :toast

And I shouldn't a waited till the coast was clear and Ln had paved the way, Cobby.

Bowin' at the waist, till O' the Tam, Cobby.

HarlemHeat37
06-15-2010, 12:21 AM
I'll show Gobbler some love for overcoming tragedy in his life, very commendable and I have a lot of respect for that..but what the fuck does playing wheelchair basketball have to do with actual basketball?..it's a much different game, no?..

I made the St. John's team last year(I couldn't stay on the team though), as I posted in the Spurs section at the time(I can show "proof" if people think I would lie about it), but that doesn't make me any more knowledgeable about basketball..most of the guys on the team have low basketball IQ(I played ball with a few of them all through HS), even the starters, it doesn't really mean anything..

As for Kobe, I don't think he deserves the blame for the loss..I've never been big on blaming him for shooting too much, but when I do, it's usually because he doesn't throw it inside enough..I thought Gasol and Odom were underwhelming in regards to their aggressiveness last night, and Kobe was just in an unbelievable zone..credit Boston for matching his output..

The series is still a toss-up, but if the Lakers don't win the title, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of controversy with the team during the off-season..

LnGrrrR
06-15-2010, 12:22 AM
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/zzz.jpg

:lol ok that's pretty funny right there.

TheMACHINE
06-15-2010, 12:25 AM
I'll show Gobbler some love for overcoming tragedy in his life, very commendable and I have a lot of respect for that..but what the fuck does playing wheelchair basketball have to do with actual basketball?..it's a much different game, no?..

I made the St. John's team last year(I couldn't stay on the team though), as I posted in the Spurs section at the time(I can show "proof" if people think I would lie about it), but that doesn't make me any more knowledgeable about basketball..most of the guys on the team have low basketball IQ(I played ball with a few of them all through HS), even the starters, it doesn't really mean anything..

As for Kobe, I don't think he deserves the blame for the loss..I've never been big on blaming him for shooting too much, but when I do, it's usually because he doesn't throw it inside enough..I thought Gasol and Odom were underwhelming in regards to their aggressiveness last night, and Kobe was just in an unbelievable zone..credit Boston for matching his output..

The series is still a toss-up, but if the Lakers don't win the title, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of controversy with the team during the off-season..

wtf? Your post actually makes sense. im confused.

cobbler
06-15-2010, 12:29 AM

Thanks LnGrrr! :toast

cobbler
06-15-2010, 12:29 AM
And I shouldn't a waited till the coast was clear and Ln had paved the way, Cobby.

Bowin' at the waist, till O' the Tam, Cobby.

:toast

cobbler
06-15-2010, 12:43 AM

The game is the same. Rules are the same. Height plays a much bigger role though since you cannot overcome it with leaping ability. Same plays... same defenses... Pick and role is huge since you can really keep a guy from recovering to his man a lot easier by blocking out. In essesne, we have to be more disiplined and fundemental in our plays and execution because it's not an above the rim game.

But again, this is where my problem with YOU is. You throw out a compliment which is much appreciated...and then follow it up with a "but what does that have to do with real basketball" ignorant comment. Just like your, as an unbiased fan here, let me give you my biased take bs.

In reality, it's much tougher than the able bodied game. Not only do you have to be in great shape, but you have to have skills with the chair as well. Add to that the fact that you dont have the legs for lift when shooting and it's more difficult than you might imagine. Park a chair on the 3pt line and see how well you shoot.

TheMACHINE
06-15-2010, 12:44 AM
damn cobbler..nice achievments. hmmm..i havent really done much in my life come to think of it. haha

cobbler
06-15-2010, 12:51 AM
damn cobbler..nice achievments. hmmm..i havent really done much in my life come to think of it. haha

It's just a game... I just happend to be a good shot and was able to excell. Was able to travel the world playing so I have no regrets.

Thanks Machine!:toast

dirk4mvp
06-15-2010, 01:44 AM

when they lose
gasol

dammit ducks, it's 5-7-5

Cry Havoc
06-15-2010, 01:50 AM
It's just a game... I just happend to be a good shot and was able to excell. Was able to travel the world playing so I have no regrets.

That's pretty spiffy, dude.

How old were you when the accident happened?

LnGrrrR
06-15-2010, 01:51 AM
dammit ducks, it's 5-7-5

Kobe will get mad
Somebody will get traded
if they lose finals

dirk4mvp
06-15-2010, 02:00 AM

cobbler
06-15-2010, 02:03 AM
That's pretty spiffy, dude.

How old were you when the accident happened?

21. Hit and run on the freeway in socal.

cobbler
06-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Kobe will get mad
Somebody will get traded
if they lose finals

PJ and the Lakers have already gone on record saying there will be quite a few players that wont be returning next year. When I say that, I am not meaning because of anything in the post season. Was mid season when I read it. Then again. knowiing PJ... could have just been a motivational ploy.

TheMACHINE
06-15-2010, 02:08 AM
21. Hit and run on the freeway in socal.

did the police catch the guy?

LnGrrrR
06-15-2010, 02:09 AM
PJ and the Lakers have already gone on record saying there will be quite a few players that wont be returning next year. When I say that, I am not meaning because of anything in the post season. Was mid season when I read it. Then again. knowiing PJ... could have just been a motivational ploy.

If you were gm, cobbs, who would you get rid of?

HarlemHeat37
06-15-2010, 02:10 AM
I honestly don't understand how somebody can commit a hit and run, it's just disgusting..

It happened to one of my boys when we were younger, except nobody was hurt..the idiot was driving, dropped his phone, went to reach for it while the car was still driving, crashed it into a parked car and completely totaled the parked car(fucked his own car up too, but not as bad)..he drove away and tried to hide..

We made him go and admit to it..if you fuck up, you should take full responsibility, have some balls..luckily, he didn't get in trouble, but still stupid..

cobbler
06-15-2010, 02:16 AM
did the police catch the guy?

Sadly, no or I wouldn't have had to work so damn hard my whole life. :lol

He sideswiped me and my truck rolled. I flew out the windshield and did 3 70 mph cartwheels and landed hanging on the center divider like clothes on a clothesline. I got 9.3's for the cartwheels and a disapointing 4.2 for the landing.

I was actually lucky though as a CHP was like 2 miles behind on the freeway and was right on the scene. At the very next offramp was a trama center and paramedics were actually on the onramp. They did a U turn and were on the spot. I had to be zapped on the spot to bring me back from the dead. I did not see the white light!

Back then there was no seatbelt law and lucky for me there wasn't. I was one who beat the odds in that the roof of the truck was smashed to about 3 inches above seat level. I wouldnt have survived had I been belted in.

LnGrrrR
06-15-2010, 02:19 AM
Wow, crazy story Cobbs. This board is full of interesting people. :) :lol glad to see you've overcome the crappy hand you got dealt that day.

cobbler
06-15-2010, 02:20 AM
If you were gm, cobbs, who would you get rid of?

I keep the core intact. Without regards to contracts and all the complexities that come with them I have Farmar, Sasha, Walton, and Morrison as expendable.

I keep Powell and Mbenga as they cost little (so yes that is with regards to contracts) and provide bigs in practice.

Lakers need a quality speedy PG as their first priority. And some bionic knees.

cobbler
06-15-2010, 02:26 AM
Wow, crazy story Cobbs. This board is full of interesting people. :) :lol glad to see you've overcome the crappy hand you got dealt that day.

You play the cards you're dealt. I've never been one to fold. I actually met my future wife because of it as she was one of the rehab nurses and I got a free ride to college from some very helpful organizations. At college a guy in a chair saw me and asked if I wanted to play ball. I showed up and couldn't make a simple free throw. I left that day saying, I will conquer this sport. 8 years later i made my first USA team and never looked back.

TheMACHINE
06-15-2010, 02:31 AM
no seat belt laws?!

you must be 50! :p:

cobbler
06-15-2010, 02:33 AM
no seat belt laws?!

53 :toast

Hurt at 21... 27 year bball stint should have been a hint! :wow :toast

LnGrrrR
06-15-2010, 02:34 AM
no seat belt laws?!

New Hampshire still doesn't have them. Live free or die, baby!

cobbler
06-15-2010, 02:36 AM
New Hampshire still doesn't have them. Live free or die, baby!

I have a bit of a hard time chastising people for not wearing em... but of course the odds if you don't are not with you. I got lucky... so to speak.

TheMACHINE
06-15-2010, 02:37 AM
53 :toast

Hurt at 21... 27 year bball stint should have been a hint! :wow

man..and here i am whining about a tendon tear. :p:

cobbler
06-15-2010, 02:41 AM
I'm out... Go Lakers!!!!

Good luck LnGrrr and may your team wilt and play a turd of a game tomorrow! :toast

LnGrrrR
06-15-2010, 02:45 AM
I'm out... Go Lakers!!!!

Good luck LnGrrr and may your team wilt and play a turd of a game tomorrow! :toast

Ha! Good luck to you too, and may Kobe jack up 40 shots and only make 12 :)

Cry Havoc
06-15-2010, 03:45 AM
I'm out... Go Lakers!!!!

I see wut u did thar.

manufan10
06-15-2010, 09:34 AM
This thread was actually entertaining until it got all lovey dovey in here. :p:

cobbler (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12536), those are some great accomplishments. Not a lot of people would have had the courage to fight like that. I've heard plenty stories where that happens to people and they just give up. They don't want to fight or work hard. Thanks for sharing your story. :toast

ChrisRichards
06-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Kobe had the right to call his teammates out after Game 5. It was very reminiscent of 2008 for them. A lot of them really let him and the Lakers fans down that night. He was great in that game minus the turnovers.

What I dont get is this, Gasol, Odom particularly shared their story 2 years ago when they lost the series in Boston. They said their bus was pelted with rocks, Boston fans were calling them horrible names, while the team bus was leaving the Garden yada yada. Odom also said he was hit by a Vodka bottle in Game 5, and I could imagine KG using the most profanity laced insults on Gasol the same night, and despite all of that, none of these guys tapped into their inner fire to retaliate and at least show some intensity and pride. Or at the very leastm one of the other. They just wilted once again in Boston.

And watching Artest was comical too, though I feel bad for him because he's such a great guy and you can tell his effort is out there. But here's the guy who went to Kobe in the shower room in 2008 and said "I could help you win a championship" now FF into the present and he was missing critical wide open shots and Pierce is having his way on him. Ultimately, someone in LA needs to show up, preferably Gasol. Kobe can have a bad shooting night but as long as Gasol shows up, the rest of the offense runs better and their chances of winning multiplies by two.

Giuseppe
06-15-2010, 09:51 AM
But again, I can't put this on Artest, the loss is more on Gasol and Odom in Game 5.

and the vodka bottle.

EHL
06-18-2010, 02:08 AM
and there is 0% chance of Kobe winning any finals mvp

He shot 41% in the first 4 games. He sucked cock.

and we don't do that anymore. It happened once I think with Jerry West, but policy has changed. Only winning team players now win the award.

lmao bump.

cobbler
06-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Nooooooo Miami wrong again? Go figure.