PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 should recruit 2 more teams and stay 12

Amarelooms
06-14-2010, 05:02 PM
what's the big deal? Just add TCU and Houston and be done with it. Try and keep as much of it in Texas as possible...fuck everyone else. If not Htown and and TCU....go get Utah and another team out west.

:elephant

DesignatedT
06-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Word is they could keep the conference without adding anyone. Just roll with the 10 teams they have. ESPN is close to making it happen by giving the Big12 a new TV package where UT will pull in 25mil annually and OU and A&M pull in 20mil annually nearly tripling its money. The rest of the big 12 will get around 12 mil annually which is still a step above what they were getting originally. ESPN saved the conference.

Amarelooms
06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm in favor of expanding....get stronger and make the B-12 a top conference. Get two other solid team in here......

:elephant

vander
06-14-2010, 05:28 PM
nah they should kick a few out and go to 8, about half the teams are just riding the texas gravy train anyways, why have 9 other teams sharing your TV and BCS money when you could have 7?

coyotes_geek
06-14-2010, 05:36 PM
No way TCU or Houston get an invite. DFW and Houston are huge recruiting pools for all the big12 schools and the last thing they want is to do is give DFW/Houston recruits the opportunity to play big12 football in their hometown instead of going to one of their schools. Any expansion of the big12 would be outside of Texas.

mookie2001
06-15-2010, 12:35 PM
1. The deal is keeping the 10 teams they have for a long time

2. Houston is a joke. You're trying to improve the conference right? You want good teams to join. Recruiting wars has nothing to do U Houston never being in the big leagues

Houston and a&m have been inside and much closer to the city and it hasn't worked for them, Texas would still dominate Houston

3. I would totally support TCU joining, but Dallas is a factor in recruiting and I think Texas would never go for it

Dallas is split already Texas OU Ok state, in very recent years it has gotten better for texas, why they would probably never give up a foothold

interestingly fort worth ISD sucks at football, like uniformly. TCU would still recruit exactly like they have been

People want to add teams for the extra game and a better BCS chance- not because anyone thinks this won't be the same big 2 conference it's still going to be Texas and OU... tech too they win a lot of games if you think about it

In the future it would be nice to have TCU in the south and utah or BYU in the north, I just think they'll already have a major con bid by the time the "big 12 could add teams

fyatuk
06-15-2010, 12:49 PM
The only reason they'll add teams in Texas is if Oklahoma wants to move to the North division and meet UT every year for the conference championship.

Otherwise, they'll either stay the same or add teams north of Oklahoma.

lebomb
06-15-2010, 01:24 PM
UofH and TCU would have to split 6 mil. a year if it did happen.

Kermit
06-15-2010, 01:40 PM
1. The deal is keeping the 10 teams they have for a long time

2. Houston is a joke. You're trying to improve the conference right? You want good teams to join. Recruiting wars has nothing to do U Houston never being in the big leagues

Houston and a&m have been inside and much closer to the city and it hasn't worked for them, Texas would still dominate Houston

3. I would totally support TCU joining, but Dallas is a factor in recruiting and I think Texas would never go for it

Dallas is split already Texas OU Ok state, in very recent years it has gotten better for texas, why they would probably never give up a foothold

interestingly fort worth ISD sucks at football, like uniformly. TCU would still recruit exactly like they have been

People want to add teams for the extra game and a better BCS chance- not because anyone thinks this won't be the same big 2 conference it's still going to be Texas and OU... tech too they win a lot of games if you think about it

In the future it would be nice to have TCU in the south and utah or BYU in the north, I just think they'll already have a major con bid by the time the "big 12 could add teams

If they really wanted a championship game, they could have one. The NCAA would allow it with a petition.

Whisky Dog
06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Would you want to bring in two dudes off the street to support and take your money and resources away from the kids you have but they bring absolutely nothing to the table?

The big 12 wouldn't either.

Blake
06-15-2010, 07:16 PM
the only ones I might be good with would be Arkansas and TCU, but that's only if the conference just had to expand.

10 teams > 12 mediocre...

of course, I think the "Big XII" as it is is on shaky ground. Not sure how long it will last.