PDA

View Full Version : Pritchard up to his old tricks...again.

SenorSpur
06-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Despite having his job in jeopardy, and being publically branded as a lame-duck GM, our old friend, Portland GM Kevin Pritchard, is still trying to "one-up" San Antonio. This from Chad Ford, courtesy of ESPN's TrueHoop:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16755/kevin-pritchard-going-out-in-a-blaze-of-glory

"Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Blazers (who pick at No. 22) have been very active in trade discussions. Specifically, the team has been hunting for a pick in the mid-first round -- somewhere between 16 and 19. They appear to be trying to move ahead of the San Antonio Spurs, who pick 20. Who is their target? According to sources, the Blazers like several players including Damion James, Daniel Orton and Solomon Alabi. They also like international big man Kevin Seraphin from France. The concern in Portland is that the players they're targeting might all be gone before the 22nd pick ... Sources say that Pritchard is expecting to be fired after the draft is over, but has decided that if he's going to be let go, he wants to leave with a bang."

ChumpDumper
06-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Why fire a GM after the draft?

Blackjack
06-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah, Bruno pointed it out in the draft thread. Same ol', same ol'. :lol

DPG21920
06-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Why would you wait until after the draft when you are just giving a guy a chance to screw you and spend your money. He will be drafting for someone else without caring what they think.

ChuckD
06-15-2010, 10:55 PM
What a little bitch. Did RC beat him up and take his lunch money? I also don't get why he's busting ass trying to get the best player for a team that is going to immediately shit can him after the draft. My move would be to sit tight, draft whoever falls to you, and tell Paul Allen to fuck off.

TD 21
06-15-2010, 11:11 PM
I don't get this guy. Did I miss something? What is this retards obsession with the Spurs? He has some major hate-on for them and for what? I'm glad this arrogant punk is about to be fired.

Mr Bones
06-15-2010, 11:35 PM
They "appear to be trying" to move ahead of the Spurs... that's not exactly a source reporting a story-- that's someone making a guess about something they've heard. Portland's trying to move up in the draft, just like a lot of teams are... the rest is just baseless speculation. The Spurs are trying to move up too-- that's how you get better players.

admiralsnackbar
06-16-2010, 05:02 AM
They "appear to be trying" to move ahead of the Spurs... that's not exactly a source reporting a story-- that's someone making a guess about something they've heard. Portland's trying to move up in the draft, just like a lot of teams are... the rest is just baseless speculation. The Spurs are trying to move up too-- that's how you get better players.

Words of wisdom.

Muser
06-16-2010, 05:34 AM
The guy wants to move up in the draft, I don't get why that's so bad.