PDA

View Full Version : moral question about punching

stretch
06-16-2010, 01:39 PM
with the event of the seattle cop punching that stupid girl in the face, i present a question to you spurstalkers

why is it so morally unacceptable for a man to hit a woman, but its okay for a man to hit a man?

Dr. Gonzo
06-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Because women have a vagina.

stretch
06-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Because women have a vagina.

so do lakerfans, but punching them is perfectly fine

clambake
06-16-2010, 01:45 PM
if it were acceptable, palin would be in a world of hurt.

desflood
06-16-2010, 01:46 PM
so do lakerfans, but punching them is perfectly fine
That's awesome :lol

To answer the question, I think it's perfectly acceptable to punch either IF they assaulted you first. Nothing wrong with self-defense. However, if you are going to punch anybody, do it until they can't hit you anymore - if you knock somebody down and let them back up they're going to be pissed. PISSED.

stretch
06-16-2010, 01:51 PM
That's awesome :lol

To answer the question, I think it's perfectly acceptable to punch either IF they assaulted you first. Nothing wrong with self-defense. However, if you are going to punch anybody, do it until they can't hit you anymore - if you knock somebody down and let them back up they're going to be pissed. PISSED.

I agree with this.

Cane
06-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Whether you're a cop, Marine, or bouncer - if your job involves dealing with fights then you should be able to take on women who can't fight without throwing a punch. A punch, especially at the face delivered from a bigger and more experienced person, simply looks really bad. Blows to the head also has a much more chance of serious injury especially if the victim isn't expecting it and is outmatched. Thats why cops, Marines, etc can get into serious trouble if they do some damage in a fight due to their training and whats expected.

Also people don't get anywhere near as pissed of a reaction if you instead grapple the woman and turn her arms against their back, etc. Disarming ftw instead of actually striking the opponent - less paperwork and bad press, the better.

That cop also looked mentally and physically weak but dealing with teenage women isn't as easy as it sounds I suppose.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-16-2010, 02:11 PM
When exactly did it become acceptable to punch a man or a woman? Do you mean taboo? legally acceptable? what?

Jekka
06-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Courtesy of the You're a Grown Man blog found here (http://youareagrownman.com/) (a site that could, incidentally, be constructive reading for many of the men here):

When to swing from the laces
-Any man lays a hand your lady-friend
-Any man lays a hand on his lady-friend
-Any man lays a hand on a kid
-Any man lays a hand on anybody/anything (dogs, turtles, etc.) that’s not a grown man and, therefore, can’t defend itself
-You’ve done all the talking you can do to avoid fighting

When to stand down
-You’re drunk
-They’re drunk
-You’re about to swing on any non-Grown OR non-man
-You haven’t tried to talk
-You’re jumping into a fight that’s not yours
I realize this point may cause some disagreement, but look at every other animal in the world. When they fight, the best “man” wins. All the lions don’t join with their broseph and scream crap like “I got your back bro!” They let them fight and win or lose. We’re men, if we’re dumb enough to fight each other over a crappy look, we’re dumb enough to get a busted lip.

v2freak
06-16-2010, 02:41 PM
^I like your post, especially the part advising for discussion first. Also, I don't know if it's relevant to compare us to animals. We don't really fit in with nature anymore.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-16-2010, 02:42 PM
That cop also looked mentally and physically weak but dealing with teenage women isn't as easy as it sounds I suppose.

When they're properly motivated they're damn near demons. During the course of working for 30 years in high schools my dad had to break up his fair share of fights. He's always said that breaking up fights between two guys was much easier. High school guys usually end up in fights because of macho bullshit where no one wants to really fight but they just don't want to back down even less. When girls start to throw down it's because they want blood.

z0sa
06-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Just another aspect of the mainstream societal psyche. Women, however strong mentally, are almost always represented as weak physically.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Just another aspect of the mainstream societal psyche. Women, however strong mentally, are almost always represented as weak physically.

I agree with everything except for the strong mentally part :lol

mrsmaalox
06-16-2010, 03:07 PM
For me, punching is always morally wrong.

stretch
06-16-2010, 03:12 PM

I agree, unless in defense of yourself, or others who are defenseless.

lebomb
06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
with the event of the seattle cop punching that stupid girl in the face, i present a question to you spurstalkers

why is it so morally unacceptable for a man to hit a woman, but its okay for a man to hit a man?

Do we have to answer this simple assed question for you? Damn you are truly one stupid fuck. :rolleyes

Scola
06-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Because a Man vs a Woman is not a fair fight, 99% of the time the guy will win.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2010, 03:21 PM
^I like your post, especially the part advising for discussion first. Also, I don't know if it's relevant to compare us to animals. We don't really fit in with nature anymore.

You'd like to think so but simply not true.

lebomb
06-16-2010, 03:28 PM

.................there, I guess we did have to answer this simple assed question for Stench. :rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-16-2010, 03:32 PM
lol utsa
lol thinking the nickname stench is creative

lebomb
06-16-2010, 03:35 PM
lol utsa

..................and lol utsa is??? Wow another stupid fuck.

Scola
06-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Forgot to add, I think many times women are more likely to hit guys because they think nothing will happen. Whereas a guy knows if he throws a punch at another guy, a fight is gonna start. I don't approve of fighting in general and if I see two guys fighting I mind my own business and won't step in. The only exception would be for an older gentleman or disabled guy being attacked by a younger thug. A guy punching-out a girl would probably result in lots of people stepping in. I think its a type of primitive social response.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-16-2010, 03:46 PM
lol utsa

:lmao

mrsmaalox
06-16-2010, 04:06 PM

I will qualify that with "unless in fear for my life or my loved ones' lives".

I agree, unless in defense of yourself, or others who are defenseless.

:tu

Mavs_man_41
06-16-2010, 04:14 PM
punching is perfectly fine and is encouraged in certain situations. gotta keep bustas in check. shooting/stabbing on the other hand..

stretch
06-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Do we have to answer this simple assed question for you? Damn you are truly one stupid fuck. :rolleyes

not for me, you fucking idiot. i already have my own viewpoint, as expressed in the thread. im just curious how others view the subject.

im sorry that you were beaten as a little girl, you worthless shit.

stretch
06-16-2010, 04:26 PM

and a lot of the time, the same is true between a trained cop and some scrawny teenage dude who acts antagonistic, helps another person resist arrest, and physically engages the cop twice, which is more than likely going to end up with the kid being punched or physically harmed in some manner. but suddenly most (not all) people view it as being "the stupid kid deserved it for acting like a moron".

no different than this situation, except its a chick instead of a dude. therefore the "fair fight" aspect isnt a very good reason.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-16-2010, 05:00 PM
..................and lol utsa is??? Wow another stupid fuck.

Everytime someone says "lol utsa" you tuck your tail in between your legs and run to Kori saying, "Ban him:cry he making fun of utsa :cry" so as uncreative as it is it always gets a reaction out of your stupid ass.

Scola
06-16-2010, 05:19 PM
and a lot of the time, the same is true between a trained cop and some scrawny teenage dude who acts antagonistic, helps another person resist arrest, and physically engages the cop twice, which is more than likely going to end up with the kid being punched or physically harmed in some manner. but suddenly most (not all) people view it as being "the stupid kid deserved it for acting like a moron".

no different than this situation, except its a chick instead of a dude. therefore the "fair fight" aspect isnt a very good reason.

The "fair fight" concept doesn't apply when it involves a law officer. If a policeman gets attacked, then I think he can punch whomever (man, woman, child, animal, etc). If he can restrain them without punching great, but if necessary he should be able to do so. The same thing applies when a regular person gets attacked by someone intent on killing them especially if the attacker is armed.

The fairness principle I was referring to should mainly be used in other areas. ex: When two drunk guys are fighting each other and neither is in mortal danger. In those type of situations its wrong for guy to fight or punch a woman, but not as wrong for one guy to fight another guy.

stretch
06-16-2010, 05:23 PM
The "fair fight" concept doesn't apply when it involves a law officer. If a policeman gets attacked, then I think he can punch whomever (man, woman, child, animal, etc). The same thing applies when a regular person gets attacked by someone intent on killing them especially if the attacker is armed.

The fairness principle I was referring to should mainly be used in other areas. ex: When two drunk guys are fighting each other and neither is in mortal danger. In those type of situations its wrong for guy to fight or punch a woman, but not as wrong for one guy to fight another guy.

I say if a woman is physically attacking you, and other methods of stopping or disabling her just doesn't seem to stop her, i have no problem with a well placed punch to the face.

i think the officer in this case should have had better discretion since he is in a position of authority. but in an average joes case, i personally see no problem with that. now brutalizing someone who is clearly inferior physically is another story, but just a punch to get them to come to their sense and stop, is perfect acceptable IMO.

monosylab1k
06-16-2010, 05:31 PM
al3CsTL2XDQ

JamStone
06-16-2010, 05:41 PM
I'll leave out law enforcement, security guards, and the like out of the equation since I am none of those.

There is one type of scenario that I feel it is ok for a man to punch a woman. That is when she is attacking you and she is clearly bigger and stronger than you are. If she is a body builder who has you by 50+ pounds and is clearly going to whoop your ass and is trying to, I think all bets are off.

In any other situation where a woman is either about the same size as the man or smaller, even if it's about even, I say the man should not punch a woman even if she attacks him. She has to be clearly bigger and stronger. If she's about the same size or smaller, a man should be able to fend an attacking female without punching. You don't have to punch when you can try to hold her down or shove her away.

That's my own personal way of looking at it. And as I noted at the beginning, it doesn't include situations dealing with law enforcement and the like, as in the Seattle incident.

Pero
06-16-2010, 05:45 PM
In any other situation where a woman is either about the same size as the man or smaller, even if it's about even, I say the man should not punch a woman even if she attacks him. She has to be clearly bigger and stronger. If she's about the same size or smaller, a man should be able to fend an attacking female without punching. You don't have to punch when you can try to hold her down or shove her away.

That's my own personal way of looking at it.

I don't know, women can be crazy. I think safer than trying to hold a crazy person is to just knock them out with the first punch. :lol

Mavs_man_41
06-16-2010, 05:48 PM
I almost hit 4cc once, but she never showed up...

JamStone
06-16-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't know, women can be crazy. I think safer than trying to hold a crazy person is to just knock them out with the first punch. :lol

Well I guess I would make the addendum and add if she is wielding a weapon that could kill or seriously maim the guy. Otherwise, a weaponless woman who is about the same size as you or smaller should not be a problem for 99.99999% of men to restrain or push. I will concede that there may be an extremely rare exception.

I would never hit a woman. Never.

I would shake the shit out of one though.

Chris Rock stand-up, circa 1996?

Pero
06-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Well I guess I would make the addendum and add if she is wielding a weapon that could kill or seriously maim the guy. Otherwise, a weaponless woman who is about the same size as you or smaller should not be a problem for 99.99999% of men to restrain or push. I will concede that there may be an extremely rare exception.

Push sure, but restrain? I don't think it's that easy with women who are about the same size as you if they're acting nuts.

Pero
06-16-2010, 06:03 PM
I mean, you'd think it's really easy to control a child right? Well not so at all when they're going nuts.

Kamala
06-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Only while fucking
providing that's what you're into

xellos88330
06-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Women weren't built to fight men. Women can be strong, but a solid punch from a man will mess up a woman pretty good regardless. Unless they are trained boxers or something, the woman will almost always lose. Why fight a meaningless fight? It will only prove that you are a douche.

Pero
06-17-2010, 03:02 AM
Women weren't built to fight men. Women can be strong, but a solid punch from a man will mess up a woman pretty good regardless. Unless they are trained boxers or something, the woman will almost always lose. Why fight a meaningless fight? It will only prove that you are a douche.

So let youreself be beat up or run away, ey?

Well it's clear that in a fight with a woman it's almost impossible to win. :lol

lebomb
06-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Everytime someone says "lol utsa" you tuck your tail in between your legs and run to Kori saying, "Ban him:cry he making fun of utsa :cry" so as uncreative as it is it always gets a reaction out of your stupid ass.

Wow you really are slow............. Its all a joke cockring. I could care less about your "lol Utsa". Just shows we are on your mind. Thanks for thinking about us. :wakeup

stretch
06-17-2010, 09:15 AM

Then you end up in a lose-lose situation (in the eyes of general public). If you fight the girl, people with the illogical viewpoint that its completely wrong and unacceptable to hit a girl, think you're a douche. If you don't fight the girl, and she keeps mouthing off and trying to hit you even after you try to stop it in a dignified manner, but she just keeps coming back for more, then other people with equally illogical viewpoints (who view it as you getting "punked"), think you're a pussy.

Which is why, fighting is pretty much pointless and dumb. Should only be used for self defense.

http://islampoetry.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/miyagi.jpg

stretch
06-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Wow you really are slow............. Its all a joke cockring. I could care less about your "lol Utsa". Just shows we are on your mind. Thanks for thinking about us. :wakeup

lol utsa

if you respond, you are a faggot