PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of Celtics winning Game 7?

Amuseddaysleeper
06-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Considering they lost Perk, and the fact that the refs will heavily favor the home team I can't see the Celtics having more than a 30% chance to win this game.

Muser
06-16-2010, 03:55 PM
There are a lot of "ifs" relating to Bostons chances of winning.

JamStone
06-16-2010, 03:56 PM
I'd say about 1:2 odds, so a 1 in 3 shot, or 33.33%, right about where you think as well.

Pretty much hinges on them shooting the basketball well, which they really haven't done most of the series, and an unexpected contributor like Glen Davis was for that one game or Rasheed hitting multiple threes and rebounding decently, or Nate Robinson going off for a 12 point surge. Something like that has to happen.

Not impossible, but I think it's obvious things favor the Lakers right now.

Giuseppe
06-16-2010, 03:59 PM
40%-60%.....perhaps moving to 45%-55% by tomorrow afternoon.

Killakobe81
06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
40%-60%.....perhaps moving to 45%-55% by tomorrow afternoon.

Im with Cully I give them a 40 - 45% shot ...

InRareForm
06-16-2010, 04:09 PM
vegas says 30%

SomeCallMeTim
06-16-2010, 04:10 PM
I'd say about 1:2 odds, so a 1 in 3 shot, or 33.33%, right about where you think as well.

Pretty much hinges on them shooting the basketball well, which they really haven't done most of the series, and an unexpected contributor like Glen Davis was for that one game or Rasheed hitting multiple threes and rebounding decently, or Nate Robinson going off for a 12 point surge. Something like that has to happen.

Not impossible, but I think it's obvious things favor the Lakers right now.

you pretty much nailed what I was thinking.

ChrisRichards
06-16-2010, 04:11 PM
70%

Boston has always shown they are the better team. It was actually funny seeing the Lakers all laughs and smiles yesterday as if they already won the title. Its going to be a rude awakening for Laker fans...

Killakobe81
06-16-2010, 04:14 PM
70%

Boston has always shown they are the better team. It was actually funny seeing the Lakers all laughs and smiles yesterday as if they already won the title. Its going to be a rude awakening for Laker fans...

Really?

Please enlighten us.

Celts play well they barely win. Lakers play well we stomp them bitches out.

dont get me wrong we need to finish this ...

but Really the Celts are only the more consistent defensive team ... Lakers are better at most everything else EXCEPT shooting 3's

I fail to see how they are better ...

baseline bum
06-16-2010, 04:25 PM
I'd give them 25%.

LnGrrrR
06-16-2010, 04:33 PM
I'll agree with the majority and say 40/60.

JamStone
06-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Boston has always shown they are the better team.

Always, except in games 1, 3, and 6?

You think Boston showed it last night? Always?

I think Boston has proven they are perhaps the more resilient team when their backs are against the wall. I think this series hasn't really proven which is the better team and that's why it's 3-3 going to a game 7.

Muser
06-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Much of it is the play of Sheed, if he can light it up from 3 and play good D on Gasol then the Celtics are in with a shot. If he lays a turd then L.A should blow Boston out.

ChrisRichards
06-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Really?

Please enlighten us.

Celts play well they barely win. Lakers play well we stomp them bitches out.

dont get me wrong we need to finish this ...

but Really the Celts are only the more consistent defensive team ... Lakers are better at most everything else EXCEPT shooting 3's

I fail to see how they are better ...

This all depends on how the game is officiated of course. If the refs let both teams play, I see Boston winning Game 7. They are the master of physical play and dirty tactics, whether its KG's illegal screening or Tony Allen's constant grabbing of Kobe's arm and jersey or simply outhustling the entire Lakers frontline. Everytime this happens, the Lakers lose poise and focus with their game plan. Instead of retaliating by employing the same physical play they seem to get pre occupied with how the Celtics are getting away with rough play. The team then reverts to their 2008 form and wilt under pressure. After this they become very predictable. Kobe goes into "Ill carry the team" mode and the Celtics simply shuts the other 4 players on the court.

Once the officiating is geared towards entertainment, meaning offense oriented then the Lakers are guaranteed to win it, they have the best offensive player in the planet and the most versatile PF in the league. The problem with LA is they are full of millionaire playboys, class acts and european softies. Boston are just a bunch of niggas who does'nt care about looking pretty as long as they win the game. Im not discrediting the Lakers. I just think that if the game is called the way they are supposed to be in the playoffs, the Celtics brand of basketball typically wins games (hustle, defense and collective offensive effort)

ChrisRichards
06-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Always, except in games 1, 3, and 6?

You think Boston showed it last night? Always?

I think Boston has proven they are perhaps the more resilient team when their backs are against the wall. I think this series hasn't really proven which is the better team and that's why it's 3-3 going to a game 7.
By my count, the Celtics are 7-5 with a + 1 advantage in Championship since 2008. By always, I mean when push comes to shove, Boston has shown they are a cut above Los Angeles.

Muser
06-16-2010, 04:50 PM
The past doesn't mean shit.

Killakobe81
06-16-2010, 04:51 PM
This all depends on how the game is officiated of course. If the refs let both teams play, I see Boston winning Game 7. They are the master of physical play and dirty tactics, whether its KG's illegal screening or Tony Allen's constant grabbing of Kobe's arm and jersey or simply outhustling the entire Lakers frontline. Everytime this happens, the Lakers lose poise and focus with their game plan. Instead of retaliating by employing the same physical play they seem to get pre occupied with how the Celtics are getting away with rough play. The team then reverts to their 2008 form and wilt under pressure. After this they become very predictable. Kobe goes into "Ill carry the team" mode and the Celtics simply shuts the other 4 players on the court.

Once the officiating is geared towards entertainment, meaning offense oriented then the Lakers are guaranteed to win it, they have the best offensive player in the planet and the most versatile PF in the league. The problem with LA is they are full of millionaire playboys, class acts and european softies. Boston are just a bunch of niggas who does'nt care about looking pretty as long as they win the game. Im not discrediting the Lakers. I just think that if the game is called the way they are supposed to be in the playoffs, the Celtics brand of basketball typically wins games (hustle, defense and collective offensive effort)

I appreciate the time and thought here ...CR.

At least you gave solid reasons. Normally I dont like ref based analysis usually because I think it always evens out over a series ...

I also dont know if you can say that one way of calling a game is right vs. another ....you yourself said the stuff the Celts do are illegal and dirty.

But I expect a good game Lakers pull away in the 3rd end up winning by 8 points ...

TD 21
06-16-2010, 04:52 PM
The Lakers are not only going to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if they run away with the game. I can't see the Celtics psychologically overcoming the loss of Perkins and knowing that, even though it's just one game, there's very little chance of winning it. They'll convince themselves they're over it, but they won't be. They know they needed him to anchor their defense and to be able to matchup with the Lakers size.

This isn't game 42 of the regular season or even game 2 of a series, where maybe a team takes you lightly (particularly the Lakers, it's not like it would be uncommon for them to do that), this is game 7 of the Finals, which means there's no chance that the Lakers take them lightly or let up at any point.

The officiating, which would normally favor the Lakers in this situation, will probably be more partial to the Celtics. They know what a massive loss Perkins is for them and they know what a big game this is for the league (will be most hyped since '98 Finals), which means they won't want it to turn into a blowout at any point, but particularly not before the 4th quarter. They also know the Celtics are thin on the front line and Wallace is a foul machine to begin with, so don't be surprised if he and they get more of the benefit of the doubt than usual. That is, unless they surprisingly control the game and have a decent lead (say, more than five points), then you can be sure that the Lakers will be getting a favorable whistle.

Rivers, barring foul trouble to Garnett, Wallace or Davis, shouldn't give Williams or Scalabrine a second of playing time. Garnett's got to give them roughly 40 minutes, Wallace 30 minutes and Davis 25 minutes.

ChrisRichards
06-16-2010, 04:56 PM
I appreciate the time and thought here ...CR.

At least you gave solid reasons. Normally I dont like ref based analysis usually because I think it always evens out over a series ...

I also dont know if you can say that one way of calling a game is right vs. another ....you yourself said the stuff the Celts do are illegal and dirty.

But I expect a good game Lakers pull away in the 3rd end up winning by 8 points ...
Thanks brah.

Officiating has been better after Game 2. I agree with you, things eventually evens out, at least in this series. So the loser Thursday night really cant complain about officiating after Game 7.

Killakobe81
06-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Here is my thoughts:

BEFORE the series started I questioned the Celts ability to score enough to win this series. But out of respect to teh big 3 I said lakers in 7.

Rondo and Allen are two of the worst shooters in the playoffs but two of the better defenders. If they play them together that is their best defensive team

BUT

That is TWO players that do not need to be guarded away from the paint ...

I also thought our size mattered but Bynum got hurt and Pau sucked in Bostton ...

That is WHY this series has been soo tight IMHO plus the celts played GREAT defnse in Boston.

Celts stole game 2 with a HISTORIC performace from Ray ...without it I think Lakers would of won in 6 and I would of been wrong.

Ron is limiting PP even if he does not admit it ...

And even though TAllen is a better defneder than Posey ...that guy hit daggers ...same with House and Powe killed us ...

Celts miss those guys ...

Ghazi
06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
40-45%... evenly matched teams, slight edge to LA because of home court.

The Perkins injury has potential to be devastating if any of the bigs are in foul trouble. Shelden Williams has no business seeing the court in a Game 7 of the NBA Finals and even 3 minutes of him could end up swinging as game.

Every key member from each team should play 40+ minutes tommorow night... KG for example has average like 31 MPG this series... needs to be 40+ for a game 7.

Killakobe81
06-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks brah.

Officiating has been better after Game 2. I agree with you, things eventually evens out, at least in this series. So the loser Thursday night really cant complain about officiating after Game 7.

Agreed.

And i think your analysis is VERY good when you are not baiting Kobe fans ...

But sometimes inbetween those posts ...I can tell you know and love ball and that is why we are all here.

Dont get me wrong Ill be a prick if we win tomorrow night ...but Ill still respect ya the next day! LOL :toast

TheMACHINE
06-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks ChrisRichards for choosing the celtics...that must mean the Lakers will win.

NRHector
06-16-2010, 05:06 PM
If Phil Jackson opens his mouth again during a timeout then the C's have a good chance

bostonguy
06-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Not very good. Lakers have the momentum. Destiny/Matchups just favors them at this point. Fate isn't going to side with a team that will become average to lottery bound next season and beyond. Fate is going to side with the team on the midst of a dynasty. The Perkins injury only solidified that. Too add to it, these playoffs have been about revenge. It will conclude with that tomorrow night.

TheMACHINE
06-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Not very good. Lakers have the momentum. Destiny/Matchups just favors them at this point. Fate isn't going to side with a team that will become average to lottery bound next season and beyond. Fate is going to side with the team on the midst of a dynasty. The Perkins injury only solidified that. Too add to it, these playoffs have been about revenge. It will conclude with that tomorrow night.

after watching this series, i dont believe in momentum.

bostonguy
06-16-2010, 05:17 PM
after watching this series, i dont believe in momentum.

Then believe in fate because it is siding with you tomorrow night. The script has been written. Lakers beat the celts and not only get revenge and repeat, but they send Boston back into mediocrity for a long ass time. I honestly expect this tomorrow night.

BUMP
06-16-2010, 05:19 PM
I think the Celtics have a shot but they can't fall behind early. The Lakers are maybe the most efficient offensive team i've ever seen, and they are nearly impossible to come back against because they protect the paint very well limiting easy shots and they will just keep pouring it on by taking quality shots

And Perkins is gonna be out fyi

easy7
06-16-2010, 05:29 PM
According to the NBA script 100%, and I didn't write the m-fer so don't get on me.

Giuseppe
06-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Then believe in fate because it is siding with you tomorrow night. The script has been written. Lakers beat the celts and not only get revenge and repeat, but they send Boston back into mediocrity for a long ass time. I honestly expect this tomorrow night.

You're just immature, Guy. You can't face the possibility of loss so you insulate yourself with preemptive delusions of misery. It's pussy, but, each of us deals with win & loss in a variety of processes.

Hey, buddy, it(losing) ain't the end of your world. You'll understand that some day when the margins in the cancer are not tenable.

bostonguy
06-16-2010, 05:51 PM
You're just immature, Guy. You can't face the possibility of loss so you insulate yourself with preemptive delusions of misery. It's pussy, but, each of us deals with win & loss in a variety of processes.

Hey, buddy, it(losing) ain't the end of your world. You'll understand that some day when the margins in the cancer are not tenable.

Where did I ever say losing game 7 is the end of my world? Before I even watched any of my teams(sox,celts,patriots) get to glory, I watched them come up short time and time again. It sucked but it didn't ruin my life. It didn't make me stop being a fan then and it won't now. There is much more to life than sports.

TheMACHINE
06-16-2010, 06:13 PM

fate, homecourt advantage...same thang

Mel_13
06-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Much of it is the play of Sheed, if he can light it up from 3 and play good D on Gasol then the Celtics are in with a shot. If he lays a turd then L.A should blow Boston out.

Yeah, they'll need a great game from Sheed and they'll also need to exploit the presumed advantage they have in the Rondo/Fish matchup. Game 2 Rondo would help.

I don't buy into the conspiracy theories, but how the game is called will have an effect. Game 7 will almost certainly see Bennett Salvatore on the court and weird stuff seems to happen in games called by Salvatore.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-16-2010, 07:12 PM
I wanna see the Celtics push the pace and get out on the break. They did a superb job of that in Game 2, but if Rondo is just gonna walk up the ball up the court the C's could be in for a long night.

resistanze
06-16-2010, 07:27 PM
30% at most.

cobbler
06-16-2010, 07:27 PM
70%

70% :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ohhhh.... and since you never replied in the other thread... I'll trpeat it here.

-------

And just so you know... cause I have no doubts you are going to tuck tail and welch come Thursday....

I contacted Kori after game four to see if she takes donations to help support the awesome board they work so hard to give us.

I will be at the game so when you bail and never show again know... that I told her I am going to have you donate the bet to her and I would also match it for her having to put up with our sorry asses.

So you will not only be welching on me, but also Kori and all ST posters.

Well see if you man up should the Lakers take this. (wondering what those odds are?)

Capt Bringdown
06-16-2010, 07:59 PM
When your chances depend on a headcase like Sheed, you don't have much chance at all. No tears, Celtics fans, your best chance to beat the Lakers were flushed down the toilet in Ray Allen's game 3 brickfest.

MiamiHeat
06-16-2010, 08:00 PM
beforre perkins got injured, I guaranteed Celtic victory.

now that he's injured.... it is still very possible Pierce/KG/Allen pull this off and still win without perk, in LA.....but...not as likely anymore.

i'd say celtics have a 40% chance. not lookin good anymore. Perkins injury changed everythin

although, I am hoping Bynum can't do shit either and is limited in minutes.....so it can even out

An Unbiased Fan
06-16-2010, 08:02 PM
0.0000001%

Basically, they have two chances...slim & none. :toast

ChrisRichards
06-16-2010, 08:59 PM
70% :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ohhhh.... and since you never replied in the other thread... I'll trpeat it here.

-------

And just so you know... cause I have no doubts you are going to tuck tail and welch come Thursday....

I contacted Kori after game four to see if she takes donations to help support the awesome board they work so hard to give us.

I will be at the game so when you bail and never show again know... that I told her I am going to have you donate the bet to her and I would also match it for her having to put up with our sorry asses.

So you will not only be welching on me, but also Kori and all ST posters.

Well see if you man up should the Lakers take this. (wondering what those odds are?)

You're a creepy old man. All you do is follow me or Harlem. You need to get a life, your obsession is really dipping into an all time low. You would think at 53 years of age you would have some sort of wisdom on you. Sad life you got there.

IByoutelltherestofSpurstalkthatyouhaveadegreelollm arofl

mavsfan1000
06-16-2010, 10:05 PM
About the chances of me getting laid tonight.

LOL@MavsFan
06-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I hope they both lose

DazedAndConfused
06-16-2010, 10:09 PM
The fact that neither team has been in an NBA Final's Game 7 before is a pretty big wild card IMHO.

cobbler
06-16-2010, 10:10 PM
You're a creepy old man. All you do is follow me or Harlem. You need to get a life, your obsession is really dipping into an all time low. You would think at 53 years of age you would have some sort of wisdom on you. Sad life you got there.

IByoutelltherestofSpurstalkthatyouhaveadegreelollm arofl

Follow you around? :lmao You guys post your Laker and Kobe obsession if every friggen thread. I just point out your stupidity and very much enjoy doing so.

And my previous post was a direct reply to your:

Did you guys know the Lakers are 0-3 when Mauer officiates the game?

He was the referee in Game 2 between the Lakers-Celtics hwere Leon Powe had more FT's than the whole Lakers team and in game 2 this year hwere Kobe got into early foul trouble!!!

Cobblah! Pay Up old man!!!

Sounds to me like your setting up the welch as we speak. Should I bring up all your posts to me just like the above where you are telling me to pay up or be prepared to?

Your hyprocrisy has no limits! Classic!!! I feel for ya though... it's got to be so painful to watch your 6th bandwagon team going down. :lol:lol:lol

Edward
06-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I hope they both lose

lol fat utsa beaner

ezau
06-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Things are against the Celtics right now. Well, looks like the 10-2 ecstasy won't happen anytime soon.

Giuseppe
06-16-2010, 10:38 PM
And Perkins never did get his [free pass game] after all.

No Powe. No House. No Perkins. No Posey. No Brown.

The Lakers will have to keep an eye peeled for Scalabrine. He ain't no shrinking violet.

MiamiHeat
06-16-2010, 11:41 PM
The fact that neither team has been in an NBA Final's Game 7 before is a pretty big wild card IMHO.

Getting your facts on Lakersground again?

Not only is that statement false, it's not even the first time there's been a Game 7 between Boston-LA in the Finals.

Just off my memory, Boston Celtics defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in the 1984 NBA Finals in 7 games.

MiamiHeat
06-16-2010, 11:50 PM
LOL HEAT FAN KNOWS MORE ABOUT LAKER / BOSTON HISTORY THAN LAKER FAN

go watch some kobe games, DazedNCockfused

Giuseppe
06-16-2010, 11:53 PM
LOL HEAT FAN KNOWS MORE ABOUT LAKER / BOSTON HISTORY THAN LAKER FAN

go watch some kobe games, DazedNCockfused

Another Miami Celtics fan.

HarlemHeat37
06-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Jeff quit on the Lakers during the 1st round..he said that the Lakers weren't going to win the title, he even made a thread and went on a rant about it..not surprising that he doesn't know anything about his own team..

Killakobe doesn't even know when Kobe was drafted..

RedsLakers(I don't know this guy, but he made that thread) isn't watching game 7..

Cobbler is 53, he'll probably be in bed before the game begins..

LOL @ these fans..

Giuseppe
06-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Spoken like the San Antonio Celtics fan you are.

Will Hunting
06-16-2010, 11:56 PM

:lmao you stupid fuck

N4th4n
06-16-2010, 11:57 PM

Is this guy fucking retarded?

TimDunkem
06-16-2010, 11:58 PM
This is just awful. I really hope you meant the players within the team.

Giuseppe
06-16-2010, 11:59 PM
^Artest gettin' JRich to his knees, puttin a round right behind his left ear.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!! Left him, dead in the ground.

HarlemHeat37
06-16-2010, 11:59 PM
He's going to claim that he meant this group of players, but Jeff has a history of stupidity..quitting on your own team when they're the favorites to win the title is ridiculous and pathetic..

Will Hunting
06-17-2010, 12:00 AM
lol Jeff
lol neither team has been in a game 7 in the finals
lol buffalo wild wings

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Will, gettin' his petty on.

Will Hunting
06-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Cubby, gettin' his pedophile on

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 12:02 AM
lmcontrollinao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Hunting
06-17-2010, 12:03 AM
I still got it!

Giuseppe
lmemulatedao!

MiamiHeat
will, gettin' his petty on.

do you like apples

TimDunkem
^Artest gettin' JRich to his knees, puttin a round right behind his left ear.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!! Left him, dead in the ground.
Too slow old man. I'm sure if he was a child with his pants down you'd be a little quicker on the draw to check his asshole.

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Too slow old man. I'm sure if he was a child with his pants down you'd be a little quicker on the draw to check his asshole.

Uh, uh, they'd skunked you before we took 'em.

Stuck 'em, head first straight into the deserts.

Just like that.

Will Hunting
06-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Uh, uh, they'd skunked you before we took 'em.

Stuck 'em, head first straight into the deserts.

Just like that.

Hey fuckstick remember me, we went to kindagarden together?

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 12:06 AM
do you like apples

Yep, I like dem apples........the ones where everybody takes an expensive seat to watch Bryant go to work, and then Artest comes along with a Savage Over & Under, and takes their life.

Just like that.

N4th4n
06-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Yep, I like dem apples........the ones where everybody takes an expensive seat to watch Bryant go to work, and then Artest comes along with a Savage Over & Under, and takes their life.

Just like that.

You almost gotta give this old fucker credit. He is sticking around when the rest of the bandwagon kiddies have been chased away like the ignorant fucks they are.

lol 15 & 63!

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 12:11 AM
You almost gotta give this old fucker credit. He is sticking around when the rest of the bandwagon kiddies have been chased away like the ignorant fucks they are.

lol 15 & 63!

Please. I ain't ever been beat. I built, I say I built Sose Joint...then made that fucker go the Depot, Home style and buy a padlock to keep me outside.

LMVICTORIOUSAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LakerLanny
06-17-2010, 12:45 AM
The Celtics are a bunch of flopping faggots.

They have about a 2% chance of winning tomorrow's game, that 2% only being in play if Kobe gets called for 3 phantom fouls and is in "foul trouble" like Game 2.

Otherwise, they play their role to perfection and get blown out by double digits and head back to Boston in bodybags.

You can quote me, there is a 98% chance the Lakers not only win....but blow them out (again) :lobt:

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Knock, knock.

Who's there?

The LOB, I'm looking for the Laker's locker room and a guy in a white kabooshka and afghan.

He ain't here.

Amarelooms
06-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Celtics have exactly a 15% chance of winning....basically slim to none

:elephant

ChrisRichards
06-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Follow you around? :lmao You guys post your Laker and Kobe obsession if every friggen thread. I just point out your stupidity and very much enjoy doing so.

And my previous post was a direct reply to your:

Sounds to me like your setting up the welch as we speak. Should I bring up all your posts to me just like the above where you are telling me to pay up or be prepared to?

Your hyprocrisy has no limits! Classic!!! I feel for ya though... it's got to be so painful to watch your 6th bandwagon team going down. :lol:lol:lol
Some people actually have lives, you know us young guys :rolleyes. Yours apparently revolves around trying to prove a point in the internet with people less than twice your age. Really old man, you have a sad life. Maybe your kids dont care about you? Erectile dysfunction bothering you? Your wife is not giving you some? Stress at your job? I dont give a fuck really, just tone it down a little bit with your incessant obsession following people who does'nt see basketball your way.

Most of the people here posts for fun. You seem to take things way too seriously for your own good. You think I give damn if the Lakers win or the Celtics lose? jeez. You're really an uptight bastard.

Chillen
06-17-2010, 01:10 AM
I believe this game is the Lakers to lose, the Celtics have a shot but this game totally favors the home team. People forget the Lakers are the defending NBA champions, no one has unseated them yet, they are not going to just let Boston waltz in and win a game 7 for the NBA title that easily. Boston will have to play a perfect game to win this one, Lakers are on the verge of another repeat in the Kobe era and the Celtics have to prove they can unseat the defending NBA champion Lakers. The Celtics have to play out of their minds to win this game, it's for the NBA title and the Lakers are still the defending NBA champs. The Celtics have a shot but if they play like they did in game 6 forget about it.

SomeCallMeTim
06-17-2010, 01:28 AM
Getting your facts on Lakersground again?

Not only is that statement false, it's not even the first time there's been a Game 7 between Boston-LA in the Finals.

Just off my memory, Boston Celtics defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in the 1984 NBA Finals in 7 games.

Yes, the fact that 26 years ago some guys who are now AARP members faced off in a Finals Game 7 wearing Celtic/Laker laundry has tremendous significance to this present Finals.

How do you get through life completely missing context?

cobbler
06-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Jeff quit on the Lakers during the 1st round..he said that the Lakers weren't going to win the title, he even made a thread and went on a rant about it..not surprising that he doesn't know anything about his own team..

Killakobe doesn't even know when Kobe was drafted..

RedsLakers(I don't know this guy, but he made that thread) isn't watching game 7..

Cobbler is 53, he'll probably be in bed before the game begins..

LOL @ these fans..

:lmao:lmao

I'll be at the game watching my team rip your bandwagoning hearts out and then come home to read every little excuse you all come up with explain how the Lakers were gifted the title.

And then I will arrange the transfer of funds from CR to Kori.

cobbler
06-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Some people actually have lives, you know us young guys :rolleyes. Yours apparently revolves around trying to prove a point in the internet with people less than twice your age. Really old man, you have a sad life. Maybe your kids dont care about you? Erectile dysfunction bothering you? Your wife is not giving you some? Stress at your job? I dont give a fuck really, just tone it down a little bit with your incessant obsession following people who does'nt see basketball your way.

Most of the people here posts for fun. You seem to take things way too seriously for your own good. You think I give damn if the Lakers win or the Celtics lose? jeez. You're really an uptight bastard.

Ohhhh... so you just act like a retard and post moronic comments just to bother people? And you call me out for not having a life?

Take things way to seriously? :lol I post purely for fun. I'm a Laker homer and my team is taking home a title tomorrow. You are a bandwagoning buffoon who lives to post anything anti Laker and anti Kobe ad nauseum. My fun is pointing out your stupidity and obsession. I'm having a blast!!!! It's extremely enjoyable at the moment.

You should care if the Celtics lose... It's going to cost you 100 bucks moron.

LnGrrrR
06-17-2010, 03:09 AM
If Celtics don't get a 3 early to help out spacing, it will be a long night... Problem is, only Rayray, Nare and Sheed can seemingly hit threes.

MiamiHeat
06-17-2010, 05:29 AM
pierce hits 3's though

watcha talkin bout willis

ChrisRichards
06-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Ohhhh... so you just act like a retard and post moronic comments just to bother people? And you call me out for not having a life?

Take things way to seriously? :lol I post purely for fun. I'm a Laker homer and my team is taking home a title tomorrow. You are a bandwagoning buffoon who lives to post anything anti Laker and anti Kobe ad nauseum. My fun is pointing out your stupidity and obsession. I'm having a blast!!!! It's extremely enjoyable at the moment.

You should care if the Celtics lose... It's going to cost you 100 bucks moron.

No. You dont post for fun. You have way too much animosity towards people who does'nt see basketball your way. Like I said, it most likely has something to do with your personal life. I bet its a pretty harsh reality out there for you. Either that or you realized that you're 53 and still has'nt accomplished much out there. So, yeah its the bitter old man syndrome.

Everyone here posts moronic statements, but everyone is just yanking everyone's chain, they post not to "bother" people, but to get a laugh out of it :lol I dont know how you old folks born in the 60's do it, but its 2010, loosen up a bit. The fact you used the word "bother" is pretty telling on how non essential statements here affect your personal life.

pauls931
06-17-2010, 08:35 AM
0 ever since they lost game 3.

florige
06-17-2010, 08:39 AM
Even though I hate LA and hope they lose with every fiber of my being, I just hope that the refs let them play tonight and not let this championship game come down to bullcrap calls.

LnGrrrR
06-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Pierce can hit threes, but I want him driving to the hoop.

Chieflion
06-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Depends on whether Perkins is out or not.

cobbler
06-17-2010, 10:42 AM

No. You dont post for fun. You have way too much animosity towards people who does'nt see basketball your way. Like I said, it most likely has something to do with your personal life. I bet its a pretty harsh reality out there for you. Either that or you realized that you're 53 and still has'nt accomplished much out there. So, yeah its the bitter old man syndrome.

Everyone here posts moronic statements, but everyone is just yanking everyone's chain, they post not to "bother" people, but to get a laugh out of it :lol I dont know how you old folks born in the 60's do it, but its 2010, loosen up a bit. The fact you used the word "bother" is pretty telling on how non essential statements here affect your personal life.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

It just gets better and better.

Why are you so bitter CR? For someone who is so care free you sure seem preoccupied with my life and accomplishments! You are here chastiing me because I show "internet animosity" yet you feel the need to attack me on a personal basis with regards to my age?

You and your hypocrisy are just absolutely precious!!!!

All your lame ass predictions and bandwagoning going down the tubes. The Lakers on the brink of another title like we said all along. Kobe on the verge of playoff MVP as well. It simply couldn't get any better for me. Knowing that it's eating you up is pure icing baby!!!!!! :toast

TheMACHINE
06-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Pierce can hit threes, but I want him driving to the hoop.

pierce has been very efficient driving to the hoop.

SomeCallMeTim
06-17-2010, 10:55 AM
pierce has been very efficient driving to the hoop.

Lakers D really countered that in Game 6 though.

What's Doc's counter to the counter? You know they'll come up with something.

redzero
06-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Well, according to the bullshit statistics I just pulled out of my ass, the Celtics have a 37.7% chance of winning game 7.

LnGrrrR
06-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Lakers D really countered that in Game 6 though.

What's Doc's counter to the counter? You know they'll come up with something.

I'm glad we get the last counterpunch. It seems the Lakers watched some video, as they were all over our passes from the wings to the top of the key (lazy as they were).

Not sure what Doc will come up with... should be interesting. I'm hoping Bynum gets into early foul trouble... he's managed to avoid it so far. If he gets 2 quick, that opens up Rondo to drive, which spaces our offense.

florige
06-17-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm glad we get the last counterpunch. It seems the Lakers watched some video, as they were all over our passes from the wings to the top of the key (lazy as they were).

Not sure what Doc will come up with... should be interesting. I'm hoping Bynum gets into early foul trouble... he's managed to avoid it so far. If he gets 2 quick, that opens up Rondo to drive, which spaces our offense.

Rondo is sooooo key for you guys it isn't even funny.

ChrisRichards
06-17-2010, 12:34 PM
You and your hypocrisy are just absolutely precious!!!!

All your lame ass predictions and bandwagoning going down the tubes. The Lakers on the brink of another title like we said all along. Kobe on the verge of playoff MVP as well. It simply couldn't get any better for me. Knowing that it's eating you up is pure icing baby!!!!!! :toast

Im just putting your old ass to its proper place. And, Im not the one pouring his personal life and accomplishment in the internet to gain some sympathy or respect.

You're 53 years old and you're gushing over Kobe winning a Finals MVP trophy? You make it sound like this is such a huge personal recognition coming your way. Admiration is one thing but genuine obsession over Kobe's achievement is disturbing. You're a few years away from retirement. Go out, enjoy the sun once in a while, travel, buy your wife a lingerie, if you''ve been single or divorced for a while now, try to go out and just talk to people anyway, have a positive outlook in life and everything will follow. Dont get bent up over someone elses opinion over the internet. :toast

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 12:37 PM
If nothing else, Cobby has sobered your ass up, Chris. Has you walkin' the straight & narrow, like Kori always wanted.

tee, hee.

Indazone
06-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Celtics have NEVER lost a game 7 in a championship

ChrisRichards
06-17-2010, 12:44 PM
If nothing else, Cobby has sobered your ass up, Chris. Has you walkin' the straight & narrow, like Kori always wanted.

tee, hee.
You should know talking about asses and all, you child molester you.

TheManFromAcme
06-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Advantage Lakers in this game for many reasons. However;

Kevin, Paul and Ray know this game may be their swan song and are fast approaching the closing of their contention (allegedly) window. The "we have nothing to lose" emmotion will be playing strong with these 3 not to mention Sheed probably playing the most physical game of his career knowing also his window is almost closed and probably getting a cue from Doc to not worry about any "T"'s this game for what does he have to lose?

These 3-4 "older" men are not going out without the fight of their careers. Make no mistake about that. Lakers better match their intensity. Yeah, this game is all about "the talent" but rest assured, these guys will be carrying their hearts on their sleeves tonight.
I hate the Celts but if you paid attention to all their playoff series, this team is more than capable of pulling it out just as well. They are not to be taken lightly.

With that said...........Go Lakeshow!!

No doubt Boston comes out with strong intensity and play rough.

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 01:16 PM
You should know talking about asses and all, you child molester you.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaa aaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Chris just stepped on a pop top, blew out his flip flop.

Cobby civilized Chris. muhahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisRichards
06-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Advantage Lakers in this game for many reasons. However;

Kevin, Paul and Ray know this game may be their swan song and are fast approaching the closing of their contention (allegedly) window. The "we have nothing to lose" emmotion will be playing strong with these 3 not to mention Sheed probably playing the most physical game of his career knowing also his window is almost closed and probably getting a cue from Doc to not worry about any "T"'s this game for what does he have to lose?

These 3-4 "older" men are not going out without the fight of their careers. Make no mistake about that. Lakers better match their intensity. Yeah, this game is all about "the talent" but rest assured, these guys will be carrying their hearts on their sleeves tonight.
I hate the Celts but if you paid attention to all their playoff series, this team is more than capable of pulling it out just as well. They are not to be taken lightly.

With that said...........Go Lakeshow!!

No doubt Boston comes out with strong intensity and play rough.

Basically. Its he who wants it more. It all boils down to that. I give the Celtics edge, because so far Boston has shown that when the game is on the line, they know how to outhustle the Lakers.

ChrisRichards
06-17-2010, 01:17 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaa aaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Chris just stepped on a pop top, blew out his flip flop.

Cobby civilized Chris. muhahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You prefer little boys or little girls? Actually please dont answer that....

tee, hee

TheManFromAcme
06-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Basically. Its he who wants it more. It all boils down to that. I give the Celtics edge, because so far Boston has shown that when the game is on the line, they know how to outhustle the Lakers.

Fair.

Although we must agree that the Lakers were in a tough spot going into game 6 with the entire series on the line and responded quite well establishing the fact that they are more than capable of playing just as well and with that much urgency.

But I agree, it's a game of who wants it more. :tu

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 01:26 PM
You prefer little boys or little girls? Actually please dont answer that....

tee, hee

lmcontrollinao!

First Cobby hobbled ya/Kori style, then I rubbed your nose in it/Cubby style.

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Knock, knock.

Who's there, and why did you throw a brick on my front door?

You don't have wheelchair access, Chris, you asshole.

Fuck you, Cobby!

Sisk
06-17-2010, 01:39 PM
I said C's in 7 games so might as well stick with it.. C's win by 4

Roddy Beaubois
06-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Depends on whether Perkins is out or not.

Dont worry hes not.

bostonguy
06-17-2010, 02:37 PM
The big 4 obviously have to play well but the biggest x-factors will be both Sheed and Baby. If either one of them gets into foul trouble early, that means Scalabrine or Sheldon Williams get playing time which makes the Celts inside D even weaker.

mavsfan1000
06-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Celtics had a big 5 imo. Perkins is their only true center. No one on that team can be as efficient at that position. You got 3 PF's that all have problems playing the 5. Rasheed's rebounding is exposed more, Garnett getting overpowered, and Glen Davis is too small.

ChrisRichards
06-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Fair.

Although we must agree that the Lakers were in a tough spot going into game 6 with the entire series on the line and responded quite well establishing the fact that they are more than capable of playing just as well and with that much urgency.

But I agree, it's a game of who wants it more. :tu
They were. TD Garden was a tough place for any opponent in 2008. Celtics fans are really a passionate bunch no matter how classless some of them are (In comparison to Staples crowd).

Right now, if you're going to ask me to make an obective choice between Gasol, Bynum and Odom, as talented as they are I would pick KG, Big Baby and even maybe Sheed's resolve to win the game. I'm not even going to include the perimeter players since IMO its going to be another battle of the boards.

TheManFromAcme
06-17-2010, 04:03 PM
They were. TD Garden was a tough place for any opponent in 2008. Celtics fans are really a passionate bunch no matter how classless some of them are (In comparison to Staples crowd).

Right now, if you're going to ask me to make an obective choice between Gasol, Bynum and Odom, as talented as they are I would pick KG, Big Baby and even maybe Sheed's resolve to win the game. I'm not even going to include the perimeter players since IMO its going to be another battle of the boards.

Resolve.

Pretty underrated intangible I will add.
I guess that's my only concern with the Lakers going into game 7.
I think they (Lakers) get the edge in boards but I am quickly reminded about the series last season with Houston and letting that team with that much resolve and guts out muscle us and push us around. This Celtic line-up is not midget city either.

You make a good point Chris.
We shall see.

ChrisRichards
06-17-2010, 04:10 PM
See we shall TMFA. Its going to be a great game brah.

TheManFromAcme
06-17-2010, 04:13 PM
See we shall TMFA. Its going to be a great game brah.

:toast

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 04:13 PM
^A humble & civilized Chris ain't shaved pussy that's for sure.

tee, hee.

pauls931
06-17-2010, 05:18 PM
did I say 0 yet?