View Full Version : President of Caja Laboral sees as normal as possible going to the NBA Splitter

nbaman99
06-16-2010, 05:30 PM
The President of the Caja Laboral, Josean Querejeta, classified as "something normal" trip to the Brazilian Tiago Splitter to the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA next season of U.S. competition.

The most representative of the Spanish club said during the ceremony of the clock is the champions of the Caja Laboral Splitter progression and growth as an athlete is to "compete in the best league in the world" and this is the "intent and desire" of Brazilian player .

The president is "aware" of the wishes of the player to undertake the adventure the U.S., although "there is still no confirmation" of the transaction.

Even before becoming official Querejeta now assumed the absence of Brazil next year to consider how a player Splitter "Irreplaceable" that since his arrival, the team became the "dominant pivot" on the European scene.

It is taken for granted the departure of Tiago Splitter with the contract clause that deals with the transfer to the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA, which has rights to play in the best league in the world.

http://esporte.uol.com.br/basquete/ultimas-noticias/2010/06/16/presidente-do-caja-laboral-ve-como-normal-possivel-ida-de-splitter-a-nba.jhtm

4lifecowboy
06-16-2010, 05:42 PM
I think that is the most positive news we heard thus far on the Splitter front.

nbaman99
06-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Is this means he is coming?

Ginobilly
06-16-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm crossing my fingers and praying tonight, that hopefully Master Splitter comes to the Spurs next season. It's now or never for the silver and black and Splitter. The big three only have a 2 year window of elite play.

silverblackfan
06-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Does sound encouraging. Why not play on a team missing that one major piece to get back to the finals? A chance at getting a ring in your first 2 years, doesn't hurt. How often does that line up for a player?
If the Spurs get a decent draft pick and get back to dominant D from the start of the season, they will be fine.

rayray2k8
06-16-2010, 07:57 PM
If Splitter really wants to know how good he is, then he should jump to the NBA next season.
I would love to see him try and box out Blair. :lol

TIMMYD!
06-16-2010, 09:01 PM
If Splitter really wants to know how good he is, then he should jump to the NBA next season.

The only problem would be that Splitter would have to play for us with one arm only.

Rito3d30
06-16-2010, 10:49 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/Socrguy8/fingers-cross.jpg

manu the best
06-16-2010, 11:45 PM
.. a little sign of relief ..

jag
06-16-2010, 11:57 PM

He's got a solid 6 inches on Blair, so I think he'd manage.

rayray2k8
06-17-2010, 12:28 AM
He's got a solid 6 inches on Blair, so I think he'd manage.

tell that to Thabeet.. XD

The only problem would be that Splitter would have to play for us with one arm only.

uTnDkOAuwYs

Ya Vez
06-17-2010, 09:40 AM
This was on Yahoo NBA News Today..

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:10 am EDT

Brazilian Splitter coming to NBA?
By Mark J. Miller

Brazilian basketball star Tiago Splitter(notes) wants to play in the NBA next season, according to Hoops Market.
Splitter's rights are owned by the San Antonio Spurs, which drafted him with the 28th pick of the 2007 NBA draft. He had been considered a possible higher pick the previous year, but the expensive buyout of his contact with a Spanish League team scared teams off. The 6-11 center has stayed in the Spanish League since, winning the Spanish Supercup MVP in both 2006 and 2007 as well as league MVP and Spanish League Finals MVP this year .
But now Hoops Market is reporting that the 25-year-old would like to make the move to the NBA next season.

Source: Hoops Market

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Brazilian-Splitter-coming-to-NBA-;_ylt=AisWLA7Npk4iNFDo8fGckZS8vLYF?urn=nba,249126

TIMMYD!
06-17-2010, 09:41 AM

By Mark J. Miller

Brazilian basketball star Tiago Splitter(notes) wants to play in the NBA next season, according to Hoops Market.
Splitter's rights are owned by the San Antonio Spurs, which drafted him with the 28th pick of the 2007 NBA draft. He had been considered a possible higher pick the previous year, but the expensive buyout of his contact with a Spanish League team scared teams off. The 6-11 center has stayed in the Spanish League since, winning the Spanish Supercup MVP in both 2006 and 2007 as well as league MVP and Spanish League Finals MVP this year .
But now Hoops Market is reporting that the 25-year-old would like to make the move to the NBA next season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Brazilian-Splitter-coming-to-NBA-;_ylt=AisWLA7Npk4iNFDo8fGckZS8vLYF?urn=nba,249126

It's starting to seem more and more likely that he comes over.

TimmehC
06-17-2010, 09:44 AM

By Mark J. Miller

This had better not be an unfounded rumor, followed by an echo chamber.

Mel_13
06-17-2010, 09:46 AM
It's starting to seem more and more likely that he comes over.

This had better not be an unfounded rumor, followed by an echo chamber.

It's just yesterday's story picked up second hand by Yahoo.

nbaman99
06-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Asked about his future after winning the Spanish title in basketball, last Tuesday, the pivot Brazilian Tiago Splitter claimed that still did not know what to do next season. The President of the Caja Laboral, however, indicated that the fate of Santa Catarina to be even the NBA.

"I think this summer (northern hemisphere), Splitter will go to the United States. It is his desire for some time," admitted Josean Querejeta. His contract with the Spanish club is valid for two years, but the newspaper As, a fine of approximately $ 1 million (about U.S. $ 1.8 million) would solve the problem.

http://www.abril.com.br/noticias/esportes/presidente-caja-diz-splitter-deve-ir-nba-1113928.shtml

manufan10
06-17-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't want to get all excited about him coming over, and then come to find out the Spurs traded him to the Houston Rockets. I don't need another huge let down like that. :depressed

:king