PDA

View Full Version : Sixers/ Kings trade

MaNu4Tres
06-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Sixers trade Samuel Dalembert to the Kings for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67249/20100617/sixers_send_dalembert_to_kings_for_nocioni_hawes/

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Man, Nocioni, what promise gone sour.

Hawes could only produce Vs. us. Otherwise, he was comatose.

N4th4n
06-17-2010, 01:44 PM
How do Hawes and Spieghts function together on the floor? They both operate in the same space, and have similar weakness (defense).

tdunk21
06-17-2010, 02:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5297829

The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to swap Samuel Dalembert to the Sacramento Kings for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes, two league sources told ESPN.com.

The deal was agreed to on Tuesday night and the two teams have been working out details Thursday morning. Barring some last-minute hitch the trade should be completed as early as Thursday afternoon, according to the sources.

The deal will give the Kings a player they've long coveted in Dalembert. The Kings tried to make several deals with the Sixers last year for Dalembert but couldn't make it happen.

Sacramento has been unhappy with its rebounding and shotblocking in the post. Dalembert makes a lot of money ($12.9 million next year) but he's in the last year of his deal.

The trade gives the Sixers a physical combo forward in Nocioni and an up-and-coming big man in Hawes.

But the real ramifications may come during the draft. The Sixers have been deciding between Evan Turner and Derrick Favors with the No. 2 pick. While Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski is a Turner fan, new coach Doug Collins is high on Favors. With Dalembert gone and Nocioni in, it could push them in the direction of Favors.

For the Kings, this could also change their draft equation. The team has been looking at drafting DeMarcus Cousins and Greg Monroe, both centers. With this deal, it could allow them to address another need at the three. The Kings have been high on both Al-Farouq Aminu and Gordon Hayward.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

N4th4n
06-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Makes no sense. What the hell Philly front office, we finally catch a break and you do this shit.

Hawes has a solid amount of potential, but it does not make any sense given the assets Philly already possess. How does Noccioni fit in with a team that already has Young and Iguadala? I can't see Hawes and Speights coexisting, plus you still have Brand.

redzero
06-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Good trade for Philadelphia.

Nocioni was the reason the Spurs won the championship.

TD 21
06-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Hawes is not that bad. He's not a building block for a franchise, but he is 7-0 with a decent skill level. The 76ers lack shooting (and that's not going to change whether they draft Turner or Favors) and Hawes can help them some in that area.

Nocioni has a terrible contract and has fallen off the face of the earth the past few seasons.

They're probably going to play center by committee next season. If they draft Favors, he could start in the middle, Hawkes could start in the middle, Brand could start in the middle, Speights is probably guaranteed to come off the bench, but he'll see time in the middle.

I'm beginning to think they may go with Favors, though. You know Collins has to have a fair bit of pull and he supposedly wants Favors and prefers Young at the four and Iguodala at the three. Maybe he see's Favors as a five in this uptempo outfit, with Holiday at the point.

For the Kings, this is an excellent trade. Hawes was not a good fit on a front line with Landry, Thompson and soon to be (likely) either Cousins or Monroe. They needed a better shot blocker/rebounder with more mobility. That Dalembert's an expiring contract only makes this all the better for them and considering he's 29, he's playing for his final lucrative contract most likely, so you know he'll be highly motivated. A Dalembert, Landry, Thompson, Cousins/Monroe front line should be fairly solid.

JamStone
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Not a bad trade for either team. Perhaps Philly really thinks they can get something out of Hawes and that's fine if Dalembert's time with Philly had run its course. His contract is up and he was probably gone anyway. They got a young talent for him.

Nocioni's contract only has one more year on it after next season with a team option for another. Not a really cumbersome contract at all, especially since it's relatively small by NBA standards. After next year, it can be used in another trade.

Seems like Sacramento wanted Dalembert for a while so it's a solid trade for them as well. And they don't give much to get him.

Wouldn't say it's a huge deal for either team to put them over the top, but I think it's an ok deal for both teams.

tdunk21
06-17-2010, 04:04 PM
this is the 1st trade of the offseason right?

Ghazi
06-17-2010, 04:10 PM
lol sixers/spurs fan

Indazone
06-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Kings now have a pretty solid frontcourt. Backcourt is pretty good too with Beno and Tyreke Evans.

HarlemHeat37
06-17-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't see it for Philly..

Hawes' potential is overrated, just like all White big men(David Lee, Kaman)..Nocioni is a mediocre player at this point..

I'm not a big Dalembert guy, but he's clearly better than either guy, AND he's an expiring..this seems like a desperation move to get rid of Dalembert, it looks like they just fell for the first offer to take him off their hands..

Indazone
06-17-2010, 04:25 PM
They are going to be good in the frontcourt with Cassipi, Landry and Dalembert. Backcourt of Udrih and Evans is one of the NBA's best. They will be able to compete with anyone.

Indazone
06-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Nocioni never got playing time and he's a defensive player. That's good for Philly. Hawes may or may not be better with the Sixers. Who knows. Dalembert is better than Hawes though.

dbestpro
06-17-2010, 04:32 PM
I really think the Kings got the worse of this trade. Dalembert is the one center in the league who can disrupt the offense for both teams. Hawes is young and a very capable scorer. He really makes opposing centers struggle to stat near the basket. The Philly fan will love Nocioni's toughness. Doug Collins is the kind of coach that will make this work for Philly.

TD 21
06-17-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't see it for Philly..

Hawes' potential is overrated, just like all White big men(David Lee, Kaman)..Nocioni is a mediocre player at this point..

I'm not a big Dalembert guy, but he's clearly better than either guy, AND he's an expiring..this seems like a desperation move to get rid of Dalembert, it looks like they just fell for the first offer to take him off their hands..

I agree that Hawes' potential is overrated if you're looking at him to be a building block, which the Kings were (at least until they acquired Landry). But he can still be a useful player, as a 7-0 guy with decent skill and touch.

I don't think it was desperation to dump Dalembert. He's expiring anyway, so at the very latest they could have moved him by the '11 trade deadline. I think the 76ers saw this as an opportunity to get a decent prospect, who's affordable and might be able to be their center of the future AND in the process dump Dalembert's contract but I don't buy that that was the sole motivation. Not when they took back Nocioni's contract.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2010, 04:43 PM
at leasts the kings got something out of noc who they werent using, and spurs continue to stick with the smuck

TE
06-17-2010, 05:01 PM
two scrubs being exchanged. nothing good or spectacular here.

Kamnik
06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't know... trading a young center with upside for an older center that might not be with you after 1 season.

I would understand if this trade would be made by a team that wants to contend right now like SAS or DAL but not SAC...

SomeCallMeTim
06-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Great trade for the Kings. They have been stockpiling great role players for a while now -- Casspi, Landry, now Dalembert. These guys do things that help win games. If Evans can continue to develop into a special player, they've got something there.

Hawes and Nocioni are below average players and they tend to do things to help you lose games. Hawes is a poor rebounder and defender and scores less efficiently than the average C. I think Nocioni's flaws are pretty well-known at this point.

Kings win this trade -- by a mile.

SomeCallMeTim
06-17-2010, 05:40 PM
This team is trying to win now. If Sammy didn't have only 1 year left on his contract I'd be fine with this, but this 76ers team is not built to win now.

What I would do is trade away Iggy for a early first rounder and a nice young prospect. Off the top of my head I like this deal:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2a9dvor

Throw in the 13th pick to the 76ers.

Brand's contract isn't moving so let him expire and be a mentor for younger players. So now, a lot of money will be cleared, use the 2nd pick to draft Favors, the 13th pick to draft best on the board and let those young guys play together like the Thunder did.

The 76ers need to think long term, this isn't a long term move. If only they had gotten Tyreke Evans. That would have been nice. Get someone local.

Philly's front office has been making terrible moves for a while now. What is going on with them?

Mrlunt925
06-17-2010, 05:59 PM
and now philly needs a big man. favors anyone?

Chieflion
06-17-2010, 06:41 PM
I think I know what is going through the 76ers' front office's mind. They know they are not going to get rid of Brand. No one will take him. So it really doesn't matter whether Dalembert is expiring after this season cause they will still be over the cap. This trade gets them Hawes, a player who they think still has the potential to improve, although I disagree. It also opens up playing time for a guy like Speights and Collins has been saying Thaddeus Young can play the 4 in his lineup. Now, when you factor in all of that, Dalembert is useless and they don't need him. They trade him for Nocioni, who is a good shooter. This also means they are not going to trade Iggy, cause it is pointless to do that now, and we will see their draft process is more complicated now.

Oh, Phila, don't give your game away here.

The Franchise
06-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Well, at least it clears up a roster slot for the Kings. I don't really see any other bonus for either team.

SomeCallMeTim
06-17-2010, 07:49 PM
I think I know what is going through the 76ers' front office's mind. They know they are not going to get rid of Brand. No one will take him. So it really doesn't matter whether Dalembert is expiring after this season cause they will still be over the cap. This trade gets them Hawes, a player who they think still has the potential to improve, although I disagree. It also opens up playing time for a guy like Speights and Collins has been saying Thaddeus Young can play the 4 in his lineup. Now, when you factor in all of that, Dalembert is useless and they don't need him. They trade him for Nocioni, who is a good shooter. This also means they are not going to trade Iggy, cause it is pointless to do that now, and we will see their draft process is more complicated now.

Oh, Phila, don't give your game away here.

I don't understand why people would actually think a valuable player like Dalembert is superfluous. The #1 place where depth is handy is up front. It's what I've been saying about Bynum all along... Lakers are where they are because of the incredible depth that even a hurt Bynum affords them.

If you're going to trade away Dalembert, get valuable players in return. They got below average players who will hurt the team instead.

Horry For 3!
06-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Pretty interesting, I guess Kings don't think Hawes will be consistent. He has a lot of potential but needs to play consistently which he hasn't done yet.