PDA

View Full Version : Say Kobe goes Apeshit Crazy

Smooth Criminal
06-17-2010, 03:33 PM
And scores 40+, 8 Boards, 8 Assists, 1 TO with good efficiency and he hits a buzzer beating, game winning 3...

Where does he rank all time IYO?

Frenzy
06-17-2010, 03:37 PM

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 03:45 PM
And scores 40+, 8 Boards, 8 Assists, 1 TO with good efficiency and he hits a buzzer beating, game winning 3...

At victory the default is on the same stage with MJ, breathing down his neck like their bowed up and doin' the deed.

Roddy Beaubois
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Wont happen.

Killakobe81
06-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Let's just win ... the rest is for the historians to decide later ...

JamStone
06-17-2010, 03:49 PM
People would overreact because it would be in the moment.

But in reality, probably still on the cusp of top 10 all time. Maybe he sneaks into the top 10. But if that happens, it helps his cause to continue to move up since he still has a couple more years to enhance his legacy beyond that.

BRHornet45
06-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Final Stats for Kobe in Game 7 ...

47 points

10-34 FG

2-9 3PT

21-27 FREEBIE LINE

4 Turnovers

Smooth Criminal
06-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Wont happen.
That's why the title of the thread is: Say Kobe goes apeshit crazy

As in IF

Can people read?

z0sa

As in IF

Can people read?

I actually said it. Still won't happen.

Amaso
I don't think it really matters what kind of a game Kobe has, as long as the Lakers win. He'll have 5 titles and will probably move into everyone's top 5, and some people's top 3.

JamStone

47 points

10-34 FG

2-9 3PT

21-27 FREEBIE LINE

4 Turnovers

That adds up to 43 points. How does he get the other 4 points?

Smooth Criminal
06-17-2010, 03:57 PM

47 points

10-34 FG

2-9 3PT

21-27 FREEBIE LINE

4 Turnovers
If people would just answer the thread instead of giving lame predictions that
1. Aren't happening
2. Aren't even the topic of the thread

BRHornet45
06-17-2010, 04:01 PM

Kobe would still rank somewhere between 70-100 of the all time greats. There is absolutely no doubt that Kobe is one of the best role players of all time, but its his selfishness that kills him and his team.

Should we also rank Robert Horry somewhere in the top 25 or 50 as well since he won more rings than Michael Jordan??? Rings don't mean anything whenever it comes down to judging players individually, yet that is the ONLY argument people have with Kobe ... "but but but! he is going to get his 5th ring! he is better than Jordan!". Must be nice to have been a 2nd and 3rd option role player like Kobe was on those Laker teams led by Shaq and then have Pau Gasol come to town and save his ass from being a first round knockout every single season.

Roddy Beaubois
06-17-2010, 04:04 PM

As in IF

Can people read?

Why discuss something that won't happen?
Its like started a thread saying "what if Pierce scores 50 while gettin teh triple double!!!!"

Amaso
06-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Kobe would still rank somewhere between 70-100 of the all time greats. There is absolutely no doubt that Kobe is one of the best role players of all time, but its his selfishness that kills him and his team.

Should we also rank Robert Horry somewhere in the top 25 or 50 as well since he won more rings than Michael Jordan??? Rings don't mean anything whenever it comes down to judging players individually, yet that is the ONLY argument people have with Kobe ... "but but but! he is going to get his 5th ring! he is better than Jordan!". Must be nice to have been a 2nd and 3rd option role player like Kobe was on those Laker teams led by Shaq and then have Pau Gasol come to town and save his ass from being a first round knockout every single season.

You used to be at least a decent troll, sometimes when you want to continue trolling you need to adjust the things you say by certain circumstances. For instance, instead of saying Kobe ranks between 70-100, you should say something like Kobe is on the cusp of breaking the top 30 or something. I don't know, I'm trying to help you out with new material for the offseason because you post here alot.

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't think it really matters what kind of a game Kobe has, as long as the Lakers win.

There is nothing else.

Smooth Criminal
06-17-2010, 04:21 PM
You're either trolling or stupid...

That's why didn't ask "If Kobe wins tonight?" I asked "If Kobe wins while playing an epic performance for the ages..."
That's a HUGE difference.

HarlemHeat37
06-17-2010, 04:33 PM
IMO, he would have absolutely no argument against Jordan or Kareem..his argument would be weak vs. Magic, Wilt or Bird IMO..

It would give him a legit argument vs. Duncan, Shaq and Hakeem, you could make a good argument for him against those guys(you could make the argument for them against him as well though, especially in regards to peak play)..

Kobe's peak is below all 8 of those guys IMO..

I don't rate Russell, he's the most difficult player to rank..

So I would say you could rank Kobe from anywhere to 6 to 10, win or loss..a 3-peat would give him an argument for the top 3 IMO..

The only argument that I've seen for Kobe vs. Magic in Kobe's favor is that Kobe is winning titles in the salary cap era..I find that to be kind of stupid, considering Kobe's owner pays 90 million + $(an amazing amount of luxury tax after the 70 mil), which makes it kind of irrelevant IMO..

Amaso
06-17-2010, 04:48 PM
IMO, he would have absolutely no argument against Jordan or Kareem..his argument would be weak vs. Magic, Wilt or Bird IMO..

It would give him a legit argument vs. Duncan, Shaq and Hakeem, you could make a good argument for him against those guys(you could make the argument for them against him as well though, especially in regards to peak play)..

Kobe's peak is below all 8 of those guys IMO..

I don't rate Russell, he's the most difficult player to rank..

So I would say you could rank Kobe from anywhere to 6 to 10, win or loss..

Pretty good breakdown of it all for the most part, I like how you set it up. I don't think Kareem is on MJ's level, he stands alone for now(MJ). Then there is the tier of Magic, Kareem, Bird(Kobe is better than Bird imo when you consider legacy + accomplishment + skill). I think Hakeem has never gotten the respect he deserves. Anyways, regarding Duncan and Shaq, I think Kobe easily moves up against those guys if he wins tonight. He'd have more titles, the longevity, and is already considered the player of that generation by a majority. The one thing Kobe has going for him so far is he's still in his "prime" for the most part. He's lost a step but he is still getting better in other aspects of his game.

It'd be hard for me to name 4 guys better than Kobe, especially considering he is gonna have a chance to win a couple of more rings. MJ is really the only one who is definitively ahead of Kobe(definitively for now). Most people would say Kobe is the best Laker ever which would at worst put him in Magic and Kareem's company. And he's already regarded higher than Shaq and Duncan. It would be near impossible to keep him out of the top 5 greatest of all time(assuming LA wins tonight), even for Kobe-haters or anti-Laker fans; even if you want to include Wilt and Russell for their accomplishments.

phxspurfan
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Kobe/Gasoft will get as many FTs as is necessary to win. Simple as that.

Baseline
06-17-2010, 05:53 PM
First, it's impossible for him to have a game like that.

Second, he'll be viewed as a guy who won three titles because he was on Shaquille's team, and two more titles because he was on Pau Gasol's team. He will be viewed as the guy who got away with taking more bad shots for more years than any other NBA player, and as someone who was famous for two reasons: 1) he squeaked out of a rape case because the victim chose not to drag herself through the case, and 2) because the NBA shoved him down our throats for 13 straight years.

Bryant was the beneficiary of playing in a marquee city. that's about it. Oh, one more tidbit...there's another guy who would have five rings for the same reasons listed above...Derek Fisher.

JamStone
06-17-2010, 06:10 PM

Second, he'll be viewed as a guy who won three titles because he was on Shaquille's team, and two more titles because he was on Pau Gasol's team. He will be viewed as the guy who got away with taking more bad shots for more years than any other NBA player, and as someone who was famous for two reasons: 1) he squeaked out of a rape case because the victim chose not to drag herself through the case, and 2) because the NBA shoved him down our throats for 13 straight years.

Bryant was the beneficiary of playing in a marquee city. that's about it. Oh, one more tidbit...there's another guy who would have five rings for the same reasons listed above...Derek Fisher.

:lol

:lobt2:

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 06:15 PM

Hope, hope.

TheMACHINE
06-17-2010, 06:22 PM

promise?

IronMexican
06-17-2010, 06:22 PM

:rollin I love posts like these.

phxspurfan
06-17-2010, 06:25 PM

qhmcJ7Zg5ko

VBM
06-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Top 10 for sure (I'd say 7-10 range) with a couple of years to get into the top 5 status. I expect a big-time performance from him tonight...it'll take a 2008-like Pierce performance to keep this game interesting.

BadOdor
06-17-2010, 06:35 PM
As long as the lakers win, it really doesn't matter.

SomeCallMeTim
06-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Why discuss something that won't happen?
Its like started a thread saying "what if Pierce scores 50 while gettin teh triple double!!!!"

I wouldn't put it past either Kobe or Pierce putting up at 40/8/8 game... the buzzer beater is a little melodramatic, but both are fully capable of monster games. At this point, more expected from Kobe but Pierce could do it too.

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 06:38 PM
the buzzer beater is a little melodramatic

I dread that thought like a loose booty hole.

HarlemHeat37
06-17-2010, 07:21 PM
It depends what you're talking about here..if you're talking about the casual fan and the media, then Kobe is going to have an advantage against those guys, he benefits from playing in LA and the aesthetics of his game..

You can make an argument for all those guys against Kobe, just like you can in Kobe's favor against them..just a quick recap without getting too into it..the problem is that the media keeps talking about Kobe being in the top 5, so people get it in their minds, but when you look at his stats/accolades, he doesn't really have a good argument, even if he wins IMO..he'll have years to make it through though, his longevity has been very good so far..

Hakeem?..undoubtedly had a better peak, top 3 defender of all-time, same amount of MVPs, same amount of Finals MVPs, one of 2 players in NBA history to win a title with his #2 option averaging less than 15 PPG, much weaker supporting cast, significantly better advanced stats, better performer in the Finals/playoffs, more efficient as an overall player..

Kobe is the much more memorable player, better scorer, much better volume scorer, more titles by a significant margin, better longevity, more all-NBA teams, fared better in MVP voting, more Finals appearances, better closer..

Duncan?..comparable peak, better defender, 1 more MVP, 1 more Finals MVP, around the same amount of all-NBA teams on both ends, one of the 2 players in NBA history to win a title with his #2 averaging less than 15 PPG, won without team ever spending luxury tax, slightly better advanced stats, #1 option for all his titles, better Finals performer, fared better in MVP voting..

Kobe is the much more memorable player, better scorer by a significant margin, much more explosive scorer, got a repeat which Duncan couldn't do, 1 more title, more Finals appearances, beat Duncan's teams 4-2, better longevity, better closer, much better FT shooter..

Shaq? undoubtedly had a better peak, same amount of MVPs, 1 more Finals MVP, 3 titles as the #1 option, won titles with multiple teams, MVP and Finals MVP in the same season, significantly better advanced stats, significantly better Finals performer, much more efficient, fared better in MVP voting..

Kobe has 1 more title, more explosive scorer, better defensive player, better closer, much better FT shooter, more overall all-NBA teams, better longevity, much better work ethic and determination..

This is just an example, a quick review, nothing in-depth..

Even if Kobe wins tonight, I don't see how anybody can say there's a clear separation between these guys, the only clear advantages that Kobe has is that he has more titles(1 more than Shaq/Duncan), he's a better closer and he's a more explosive scorer..people keep repeating that Kobe is going to be top 5 and all that, but they don't really have a good argument IMO..the only thing they keep pointing to are titles, which is something they were completely dismissing back in 2006 and 2007..

Bryant was a #1 option for 2 titles(assuming they win tonight), the #1a for 2 titles, and the clear #2 for 1 of them..this seems to be forgotten now..

Anyways, I don't mind anybody putting Kobe ahead of Shaq/Duncan/Hakeem, I just don't see how anybody can possibly say he's clearly ahead, it's pretty obvious that you can make a good argument for all of them..

I hate Kobe, but he's probably the most explosive scorer I've ever seen, he makes the most difficult shots I've ever seen anybody make, and he's one of the top 5 most feared players in NBA history..

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 07:25 PM
How's it goin', Har, how is your booty hole, gettin' tight?

phxspurfan
06-17-2010, 08:02 PM
It depends what you're talking about here..if you're talking about the casual fan and the media, then Kobe is going to have an advantage against those guys, he benefits from playing in LA and the aesthetics of his game..

You can make an argument for all those guys against Kobe, just like you can in Kobe's favor against them..just a quick recap without getting too into it..the problem is that the media keeps talking about Kobe being in the top 5, so people get it in their minds, but when you look at his stats/accolades, he doesn't really have a good argument, even if he wins IMO..he'll have years to make it through though, his longevity has been very good so far..

Hakeem?..undoubtedly had a better peak, top 3 defender of all-time, same amount of MVPs, same amount of Finals MVPs, one of 2 players in NBA history to win a title with his #2 option averaging less than 15 PPG, much weaker supporting cast, significantly better advanced stats, better performer in the Finals/playoffs, more efficient as an overall player..

Kobe is the much more memorable player, better scorer, much better volume scorer, more titles by a significant margin, better longevity, more all-NBA teams, fared better in MVP voting, more Finals appearances, better closer..

Duncan?..comparable peak, better defender, 1 more MVP, 1 more Finals MVP, around the same amount of all-NBA teams on both ends, one of the 2 players in NBA history to win a title with his #2 averaging less than 15 PPG, won without team ever spending luxury tax, slightly better advanced stats, #1 option for all his titles, better Finals performer, fared better in MVP voting..

Kobe is the much more memorable player, better scorer by a significant margin, much more explosive scorer, got a repeat which Duncan couldn't do, 1 more title, more Finals appearances, beat Duncan's teams 4-2, better longevity, better closer, much better FT shooter..

Shaq? undoubtedly had a better peak, same amount of MVPs, 1 more Finals MVP, 3 titles as the #1 option, won titles with multiple teams, MVP and Finals MVP in the same season, significantly better advanced stats, significantly better Finals performer, much more efficient, fared better in MVP voting..

Kobe has 1 more title, more explosive scorer, better defensive player, better closer, much better FT shooter, more overall all-NBA teams, better longevity, much better work ethic and determination..

This is just an example, a quick review, nothing in-depth..

Even if Kobe wins tonight, I don't see how anybody can say there's a clear separation between these guys, the only clear advantages that Kobe has is that he has more titles(1 more than Shaq/Duncan), he's a better closer and he's a more explosive scorer..people keep repeating that Kobe is going to be top 5 and all that, but they don't really have a good argument IMO..the only thing they keep pointing to are titles, which is something they were completely dismissing back in 2006 and 2007..

Bryant was a #1 option for 2 titles(assuming they win tonight), the #1a for 2 titles, and the clear #2 for 1 of them..this seems to be forgotten now..

Anyways, I don't mind anybody putting Kobe ahead of Shaq/Duncan/Hakeem, I just don't see how anybody can possibly say he's clearly ahead, it's pretty obvious that you can make a good argument for all of them..

I hate Kobe, but he's probably the most explosive scorer I've ever seen, he makes the most difficult shots I've ever seen anybody make, and he's one of the top 5 most feared players in NBA history..

tl;dr