PDA

View Full Version : "I wanna thank my psychiatrist"

Solid D
06-17-2010, 11:00 PM
lol Artest

rayray2k8
06-17-2010, 11:01 PM
:lmao

He earned it. That was a big 3 in the final 2 minutes.

benefactor
:lol

DesignatedT
The guy's an animal

Solid D
06-17-2010, 11:02 PM
:lmao

He earned it. That was a big 3 in the final 2 minutes.

She. He said she really helped me to relax.

Yeah, great D and it was a big three, that's true. So was Fisher's to tie... but Pau Gasol was the difference in the last quarter.

adidas11
06-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Artest was the biggest reason why we won this series.

gospursgojas
06-17-2010, 11:04 PM
LOL Ron ron is a craaaazy crazy rich black man. Kinda happy for him

angelbelow
06-17-2010, 11:24 PM
dudes hilarious

wildbill2u
06-17-2010, 11:30 PM
lol Artest

I was one of those who thought Artest was bound to blow and so was Sheed.

Spurs fans always say that if we brought a bad boy into SA he would reform. Now that I think of it, we weren't successful with most of the bad boys we have had like Dennis Rodman

Seems like going to Boston and LA is more likely to tame a bad boy. They are in the BB capitals of the country and are afraid they'll get shipped out.

baseline bum
06-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Artest should have told the media to go fuck themselves for not voting him Finals MVP.

Mr Bones
06-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Artest was the best player on the floor in game 7. I think it's pretty cool that he thanked his psychiatrist-- he realizes that he's a little crazy and is very honest about it. The real LOL goes to all the posters on spurstalk who said he sucked, couldn't play D anymore, and wouldn't help the Lakers win a championship. Talk about living in a dream world...

slick'81
06-18-2010, 12:26 AM
funniest shit ever he was pippen tonight lol

crc21209
06-18-2010, 12:34 AM
He's a nut..whats new? :lol

carina_gino20
06-18-2010, 01:43 AM
vMCeZK3OiKM

:lol

Kamala
06-18-2010, 02:04 AM
LOL Ron ron is a craaaazy crazy rich black man. Kinda happy for him

He'll be broke in ten years. I'm happy for him too though.

Kamnik
06-18-2010, 03:39 AM
lol Artest

I thought that was as honest as you can be, he really was calm throught the playoffs...

Don't think it is all that funny-everyone knew he was seeing a doctor about it.

Solid D
06-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Yep, although he never got around to answering the question, there is no doubt he was being honest and grateful....and enterprising, as well (new recording single called "Champions"coming out).

My first thought when I heard the interview live was "lol, of all of the NBA championship post-game interviews I've heard over the past 5 decades or so, that's the first one I've heard giving props and gratitude to a psychiatrist."

cantthinkofanything
06-18-2010, 01:32 PM
It's soccer time bitches! Come on Algeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manu the best
06-18-2010, 05:07 PM
.. his hilarious ..

Amuseddaysleeper
06-18-2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqLQMqyksmU

Best post game conference in years

baseline bum
06-18-2010, 06:30 PM

I think so too. With the way he was all over Pierce, forcing him to give up the ball all the time, forcing the Celtics to burn time on the shot clock whenever Pierce touched it, forcing him to shoot long jumpers, and generally stagnating their halfcourt sets, I think Artest really set the tone for the series. It was the best perimeter effort I have seen by a Laker since Fox in '01, and it was a carbon-copy of the way Ron completely took Manu out of the series when the Spurs and Kings met up the first round in 06. I didn't know he still had it in him after some disappointing years in Houston, but props to him.

mookie2001
06-18-2010, 06:52 PM
solid D this is the worst thread youve ever started

i tried to find some redeeming qualities to it but i cant

this thread is pathetic

Solid D
06-19-2010, 01:36 PM
I think you are right, mookie. It doesn't really have redeeming qualities at all.

Trimble87
06-19-2010, 03:24 PM
"He passed me the ball! He never passes me the ball and he passed me the ball... And I could hear Phil, you know cause hes the zen master... he was saying Don't shoot it Ron, Don't shoot it. And I was like Whatever Man BOOM THREEEEEEE!."

Best post game press conference ever.

mookie2001
06-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Ohhhhh ronnie you're so crazy winning championships and being honest

Those crazy lakers....

LakerLanny
06-19-2010, 05:33 PM
I think so too. With the way he was all over Pierce, forcing him to give up the ball all the time, forcing the Celtics to burn time on the shot clock whenever Pierce touched it, forcing him to shoot long jumpers, and generally stagnating their halfcourt sets, I think Artest really set the tone for the series. It was the best perimeter effort I have seen by a Laker since Fox in '01, and it was a carbon-copy of the way Ron completely took Manu out of the series when the Spurs and Kings met up the first round in 06. I didn't know he still had it in him after some disappointing years in Houston, but props to him.

Good post.

I thought Artest's D was the key to the series. Pierce has killed the Lakers over the years, particularly in the 2008 Finals.

Ariza was a great player for us last year, but no way does he guard PP as well as Ron did.

Ron also was the only guy on the Lakers to be able to relax enough to play his game in the critical Game 7. I was impressed with his composure all season and especially in (arguably) the biggest game in franchise history.

He has written his name into Laker lore with that performance and no matter what happens from here...no one can ever take that away from him. :lobt:

Solid D
06-20-2010, 03:59 PM
This is for mookie and anyone else who is defending Ron Artest for what some may think was a slam in this thread.

I think Ron is funny. He is entertaining and totally unpredictable. He's a loose cannon a la Dennis Rodman but with different issues. He makes the game more interesting, to be sure. Ron is a terrific defender and offensively he can be very difficult to stop once he gets the ball in his hands. Ron has admitted to making some poor choices over the years, as we all know. That doesn't fit into the equation here.

Ron's post game comments, including his press conference appearance were a "happening". A stream of consciousness flow of pure, honest Ron. It was hilarious and very entertaining! Unique and one-of-a-kind. That's all...no more and no less.

This thread is NOT intended to hate on Ron Ron. It is not meant to make fun of him, so don't try to turn the "lol" into that, please. The NBA is entertainment and that's one thing Ron always delivers on.

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 05:01 PM
The gravity of Artest post game Thursday night was this press conference and his confession to cowardice in front of the steeled gaze of his wife, and the downcast eyes of his mother & father. I'm sure his Doctor advised this public confession to cowardice as a means to still the rampage that Artest carries within him. He'd brought us to the end Thursday night, but minutes later on that podium was his greatest victory.

A man need not bury his mistakes, his failures as a man. Yes, even his cowardice can hold life. He only need acknowledge these regrets and do penance for them. They can coexist in his soul forever, right alongside all his goodness and success.

Ron Artest is living proof, and has provided a true lesson wherever man dwells.

Solid D
06-20-2010, 08:31 PM
The gravity of Artest post game Thursday night was this press conference and his confession to cowardice in front of the steeled gaze of his wife, and the downcast eyes of his mother & father. I'm sure his Doctor advised this public confession to cowardice as a means to still the rampage that Artest carries within him. He'd brought us to the end Thursday night, but minutes later on that podium was his greatest victory.

A man need not bury his mistakes, his failures as a man. Yes, even his cowardice can hold life. He only need acknowledge these regrets and do penance for them. They can coexist in his soul forever, right alongside all his goodness and success.

Ron Artest is living proof, and has provided a true lesson wherever man dwells.

Yes, that was a great moment for Ron and his fans. It was a brief glimpse at repentance and a large step toward restitution. It was certainly a declaration of a personal victory in his life. It was likely quite therapudic, as you mentioned.

duhoh
06-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Yes, that was a great moment for Ron and his fans. It was a brief glimpse at repentance and a large step toward restitution. It was certainly a declaration of a personal victory in his life. It was likely quite therapudic, as you mentioned.

:tu

ditto. ron's, no the nba's quote of the season for sure :lol

spurs10
06-20-2010, 10:48 PM
21 freethrows in the 4th quarter to their 6 was the reason you won.

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 11:10 PM
The Celtics gambled that the officiating would not hold them accountable for the fouls that led to the 21 fts. It was a foolhardy strategy, as they could have won straight up. This inexplicable strategy bailed the Lakers out, not the officiating.