PDA

View Full Version : God Loves Kobe

timvp
06-17-2010, 11:18 PM
It's the only explanation. He goes full blown Karl Malone in Game 7 of the NBA Finals and he gets bailed out by his teammates to keep his legacy intact. Amazing.

Props to Kobe for another championship. Props to the Lakers for another championship. Props to the Celtics for putting up an inspired fight.

Oh and cue Kobe blaming some sort of injury for his performance in 3 ... 2 ...

Blackjack
06-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Seems a familiar username but I can't quite put a finger on it . . .

peteee
06-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Kobe isn't too old after all, though he is black and... male.

Blackjack
06-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Oh, and the easier explanation would be: There is no God.

But I digress. :downspin:

Medvedenko
06-17-2010, 11:24 PM
It's the only explanation. He goes full blown Karl Malone in Game 7 of the NBA Finals and he gets bailed out by his teammates to keep his legacy intact. Amazing.

Props to Kobe for another championship. Props to the Lakers for another championship. Props to the Celtics for putting up an inspired fight.

He played like hell all game but rebounded well and had key assists and a jumper at the end, plus the FT's bring driving hard to the hole and taking the constant contact all game. It was a MVP performance, but yes he was bailed out by Fish and Artest not to mention Gasol.

06-17-2010, 11:24 PM
gasol and artest had to drag kobe's dead carcass across the finish line.

Fpoonsie
06-17-2010, 11:25 PM
I was pullin for the Lakers in this one, but was hoping for a legendary performance from Kobe to close this series out. Instead, I've got Fish and Artest hitting big 3s, while Sasha fucking Vujacic is icing the game at the line.

Ah, well. Atleast Fin didn't ring again.

ffadicted
Forget Shaq, Kobe wouldn't even be top 15 without Derek Fisher

phxspurfan

Seriously. I want to see someone with photoshop skills take snaps of every crucial shot and put Kobe's face on the shooter.

jag
06-17-2010, 11:26 PM
He played like hell all game but rebounded well and had key assists and a jumper at the end, plus the FT's bring driving hard to the hole and taking the constant contact all game. It was a MVP performance, but yes he was bailed out by Fish and Artest not to mention Gasol.

wow

AnthonyM
I wonder how Kobe would have reacted if he didn't win the MVP.

Would have been hilarious IMO

baseline bum
Any other superstar does that and he's an enormous goat. Of course, any other superstar doing that in game 7 guarantees a double digit loss.

easy7
06-17-2010, 11:27 PM
I was pullin for the Lakers in this one, but was hoping for a legendary performance from Kobe to close this series out. Instead, I've got Fish and Artest hitting big 3s, while Sasha fucking Vujacic is icing the game at the line.

Ah, well. Atleast Fin didn't ring again.

I really didn't care who won but they should stop fixing the NBA.

Medvedenko
Forget Shaq, Kobe wouldn't even be top 15 without Derek Fisher

You wouldn't know dfish if he didn't play with Kobe. Please stop posting garbage.

Cant_Be_Faded
god jacks off to the purple and gold lakers

ffadicted
06-17-2010, 11:28 PM
You wouldn't know dfish if he didn't play with Kobe. Please stop posting garbage.

Kobe can't win without Fisher

jag
06-17-2010, 11:29 PM

You just said he had an MVP performance.

Blackjack
06-17-2010, 11:29 PM
God has nothing to do with genetic engineering, tbh.

http://www.indyprize.org/uploadedImages/Ostrich%20head%20shot-Kerrie%20Best.jpg

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/82982424.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548D9D2CCABDF5BF32B D009C48218C343E5A78228EE34ABBA4BE30A760B0D811297

timvp
06-17-2010, 11:30 PM
I've never seen anything like it. Even with the best coach of all-time and a cast of damn good teammates, God's love is the only answer.

Props to Kobe. You win again.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2010, 11:30 PM

Kobe played less than spectacular nothing more nothing less...He played great for 5 games of this series and subpar in 2....He deserves all the praise and accolades...Get off the man's back...stop hating for a second and celebrate with us...we invite you to do so....

HarlemHeat37
06-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Kobe is a top 10 player of all-time, but he's arguably the most overrated of them all..the media has implanted the idea that Kobe is even argued in the top 5, when he clearly isn't..he lacks the accolades and statistics by a good margin..

Also, he lacks heavily when it comes to the Finals and big game performances..as Baseline Bum(I think it was him) pointed out in another thread, Kobe is extremely underwhelming in key games of this nature, he shoots less than 37% from the field in these situations, which is pathetic..

It's amazing how media hype, casual fans and Al-Quobe can prop somebody up so much..

If there was a God, guys like Jordan and Kobe wouldn't have their stature..lol @ God..

Cant_Be_Faded
Kobe misses every crucial shot of the OKC and PHX series and gets easy tip-in bailouts

Perkins goes out in game 6

He plays like complete ass and misses more FT's in one game than entire playoffs combined

He did nothing spectacular or memorable this entire game. Not one Laker fan will remember one solid thing he did tonight in 20 years. Kobe is a joke, god just loves Jackin him off

InK

Lol

Giuseppe
06-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Hey, Har, you like apples, fartface, huh?

timvp
06-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Kobe's rebounding was impressive ... although having Perkins' knee snap last game and eliminate the most physical and tough player in the series had to help. That said, props to Kobe.

HarlemHeat37
06-17-2010, 11:33 PM
:lol @ Kobe's rebounding..I didn't hear anybody talk about Lebron's rebounding, all I heard was that he lacks killer instinct and a post-up game..

Lebron and Wade don't lack any of that, they lack a Gasol, Fisher, Artest, Bynum, Odom and Phil Jackson..

TampaDude
06-17-2010, 11:34 PM

No...Kobe winning the Finals MVP is definitive proof that there is no God. :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Make a thread for unified celebration of the Lakers title and I'll join in.

nahhh I'm enjoying this ass kicking we delivered you guys tonite....Hey guy I hope you sleep well....:toast

Cant_Be_Faded
06-17-2010, 11:35 PM
I've never seen a luckier player in the entire NBA than Kobe.

Shaq. Fisher. Stealing Gasol. All the shit the refs have pulled in their favor against the Kings, Spurs, Celtics. He's so babied its a travesty.

jag
06-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Regardless of what ESPN says, this game did a job on Kobe's legacy. Everyone who saw it, knows it. Except for medvedenko...he thought Kobe had an MVP performance.

TampaDude
06-17-2010, 11:37 PM

:lmao

InK
06-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Its so utterly silly that MvP is the guy who is more then willing to throw his team under the bus after his one good game while talking shit like "make a **** stand with me" and then laying one of the biggest eggs ever layed in game 7 no less.

AnthonyM
06-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Regardless of what ESPN says, this game did a job on Kobe's legacy. Everyone who saw it, knows it. Except for medvedenko...he thought Kobe had an MVP performance.

Well said.

Kobe is a great player and one of the greatest in the game today. But he is extremely overrated by the media. And the most fake player in the league.

Everyone who watched tonight's game realized that Kobe wanted to win, but he wants to win the way he wants to, meaning leaving a stamp on the game/being "the man". And he failed miserably when he was trying.

He could not have a teammate upstage/outplay him in this game and it was obvious. And he made himself look like a selfish idiot out there tonight.

But he's as good as MJ.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Kobe fucking disgusts me man I hope this guy's knee ruptures in game 1 of next regular season

DAF86
06-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Kobe is probably a top 20 player of all-time, congrats Lakers fans.

dastrey
06-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Well said.

Kobe is a great player and probably one of the greatest in the game today. But he is extremely overrated by the media. And the most fake player in the league.

Everyone who watched tonight's game realized that Kobe wanted to win, but he wants to win the way he wants to, meaning leaving a stamp on the game/being "the man". And he failed miserably when he was trying.

He could not have a teammate upstage/outplay him in this game and it was obvious. And he made himself look like a selfish idiot out there tonight.

But he's as good as MJ.

Couldn't agree more. In a post-game interview he was trying to justify his terrible play by saying he wanted it so much that it affected his play. Kobe wanted the title, but he also wanted to be hero of the game.

AnthonyM
06-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Well, it's not an injury he's blaming, just fatigue.

And he's talking about it every chance he gets.

I've never heard him say he's tired/gassed so much. But it's his excuse.

baseline bum
06-17-2010, 11:57 PM

He just blamed his play this playoffs on his injuries in the press conference.

jag
06-17-2010, 11:58 PM

Well that didn't take long

SomeCallMeTim
06-17-2010, 11:58 PM

Sounded to me like he admitted he was too geeked up. Too much adrenaline, not enough brains.

that's pretty much what it looked like to me.

Terrible, terrible shooting and decision making. Great rebounding and defense. He played great in the 4th.

Wasn't pretty but it all worked out in the end.

AnthonyM
06-17-2010, 11:59 PM

Yeah, I just heard that after I posted it.

Before that thought he was complaining how he was so tired and gassed. Then started talking about injuries.

I just find it funny how a guy who always claims to be a "no excuses" type guy, who's only response to the media is usually just "Just win games" and all this bull, he sure is making a lot of excuses tonight.

HarlemHeat37
06-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Kobe has made excuses for his play multiple times during the playoffs, this isn't the first time..he blamed his injuries for his poor series vs. OKC after he was asked why he was playing so poorly in the playoffs..

I've never seen somebody make more excuses than him..

Cant_Be_Faded
06-18-2010, 12:00 AM
All the espntalking heads sticking up for kobe and his many injuries.

What a fucking JOKE

Capt Bringdown
06-18-2010, 12:08 AM
I guess it all started when pouted his way out playing for Charlotte.

06-18-2010, 12:13 AM
kobe has been injured since 2005. everyone knows that.

TD 21
06-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Great defense? If you're an all-time great, with a heavily favored team in game seven of the finals on your home floor, I don't want to hear about "great defense". You've got to find a way to get the job done. Even though his team won and his rebounding total looks impressive, he didn't.

It wasn't about shooting a great percentage as much as it was about leaving his mark/imprint on the game. In '05 in game 7, Duncan shot the ball poorly, but he came up big when he had to in that game and had he not, the Spurs would have lost. But Bryant has more talent around him, so he can get away with playing like shit, yet still win AND get more credit in the end. Where's the justice?

He got bailed out by his teammates and by the officiating and because of it, his legacy undeservedly will continue to grow. That puke Jackson thinks he's ahead of Johnson now.

newacc
06-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Kobe played less than spectacular nothing more nothing less.

Uh no - it was less. 6-24 fgs, 11-15 fts, and 4 TOs. That's one hell of a choke job. At least the cameras got some good angles of him fist pumping every time one of his teammates bailed his ass out.

The calls were lopsided in the fourth quarter, but the C's were playing stupid/scared and looked prime to choke this one away anyways. Why they kept running plays for Ray Allen was beyond me. Another stupid thing was having Paul Pierce dribble up the ball into Ron Artest and then get stuck.

Yet another choke move by the Celtics was letting Rondo get away with being scared of taking an open 15 footer. He's hit that shot at a decent rate all playoffs and now he's too scared to shoot? Celtics deserved that loss. If Rondo doesn't take that shot, Lakers just play 5-4 and become impossible to score on.

Kobe is wearing down and wearing down fast. He doesn't have much left. He gets very little lift nowadays and has me wondering if he can even be a true #1 on the Lakers next year. I think he's about to find himself transitioning into that non-glorious Duncan type of role.

Mikesatx
06-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Agree the Lakers are Satan's team and the entire organization will burn in hell one day but Kobe was clearly the best player and probably should have been MVP even if the C's pulled it out. His shooting was garbage but 15 rebs from a small forward in a game 7 of the finals was huge. He also ripped the nuts off Ray Allen and shoved them down his throat.

crc21209
06-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Eh...I think his tank is runnin' on E right about now...he better enjoy it..because next year he will only be 1 year older...

cobbler
06-18-2010, 12:50 AM
LOL @ the haters that have nothing left but to... well...

HATE

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:
:lobt2:

AnthonyM
06-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Meh, I'm a Kobe hater.

But he still deserves props where he deserves 'em.