PDA

View Full Version : Any non-Laker fans believed this game was NOT rigged?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Seriously.

I want to hear from non-laker fans and hear if you thought this game was legit.

I'm convinced no other team fan could believe this is legit.

Tim Donaghey is right, it's all a sham.

Mavs_man_41
06-17-2010, 11:21 PM
no, it was definitely rigged.

Girasuck
06-17-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm proud to say that I didn't watch a damn minute of any game in the Finals this year. I could care less if it was rigged or not.

sefant77
Boston choked their asses off but it was just weak ass calls and Lakers still just won close.

Kind of like 2006, Mavs playing horrible at the end of games but just lose for a few points because of a gazillion FT

hitmanyr2k
I can't call it rigged. Yeah, the Lakers got some favorable calls in the 4th (as expected) but the Celtics had their chances and they choked. Pierce didn't show up in the 4th. KG didn't show up in the 4th. Everyone kept handing the ball to Ray Allen (who was ICE COLD) and ran as fast as they could. Boston choked plain and simple. I think that Fisher three with 6 minutes to go took their heart. And Sheed fouling out hurt them a lot.

Andrew Bynum
totally rigid hahahahahahaha

Just like game 2 in 08

easy7
06-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Of course it was rigged. The WWE dosen't have shit on the NBA. :lmao

adidas11
06-17-2010, 11:24 PM
It is what the Celtics get for playing a point guard who can't shoot beyond 15 ft.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-17-2010, 11:24 PM
national basketball entertainment

DPG21920
06-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Boston had plenty of chances, but failed.

MiamiHeat
This game was rigged.

Lakers +20 FT's in a 4 pt game.

and the type of calls is what really stands out.

"Kobe dribbles, throws himself into paint, foul"

"Pau catches pass, throws up a wild shot and flails his arms, foul"

then on the other end, Celtics couldn't buy a foul.

TE
Rigged.

D2Procon
06-17-2010, 11:26 PM
rigged

scottspurs
The game was legit. Anyone saying it was rigged is butthurt. It makes me sick, but once it gets to a game seven I don't think the league cares who wins because the $$$ has already been made.

sribb43
Rigged since 2001

hitmanyr2k
06-17-2010, 11:27 PM
This game was rigged.

Lakers +20 FT's in a 4 pt game.

and the type of calls is what really stands out.

"Kobe dribbles, throws himself into paint, foul"

"Pau catches pass, throws up a wild shot and flails his arms, foul"

then on the other end, Celtics couldn't buy a foul.

Yeah, that foul was obvious bullshit :lol What made it even worse was Pau didn't even look at the basket, closed his eyes, SCREAMED like a bitch, threw the ball straight in the air and got the whistle. KG barely touched his ass :lol In fact KG was falling backwards trying to move out of the way.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-17-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm noticing some sort of trend here....

silverblk mystix
06-17-2010, 11:30 PM
rigged....anyone surprised?

florige
06-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Boston had plenty of chances, but failed.

Yeah this is what I think. You have to expect the calls to favor LA at home. Boston just couldn't buy a bucket for anything.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2010, 11:32 PM
what stern wants, what stern gets...

lol nba playoffs is like a script...as long lakers is still in it, stern

TampaDude
06-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Tonight's game wasn't just rigged, it was fucking WWE rigged. :lol

Still, congrats to the Lakers...2010 NBA Champions*

mavsfan1000
06-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Tonight's game wasn't just rigged, it was fucking WWE rigged. :lol

Still, congrats to the Lakers...2010 NBA Champions*
Exactly. I was looking a piledriver. :lol

RsxPiimp
06-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Its not rigged, but there were obvious home cooking calls, absolutely. Its expected playing at home.

The Franchise
06-17-2010, 11:36 PM
It is what the Celtics get for playing a point guard who can't shoot beyond 15 ft.

Don't you mean ten?

ffadicted
06-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Rigged as faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawk lmao

JamStone
06-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Definitely rigged.

Celtics players helped sell it by playing like a bunch of fucking idiots. Good acting job by the Celts.

RsxPiimp
wrong.

Boston wins and Kobe's legacy takes a huge hit, meaning all the Euros and Chinese who slob Kobe's knob suddenly will have no hero in the NBA. Meaning Fuehrer Stern's ultimate plan of global domination takes a step backwards.

Like I said before, Kobe is beloved by the foreign fans because he loves soccer and lived in Italy. He is the major link Fuehrer Stern needs to bring in even more foreign fans.

Is this why Lebron James, the leagues golden boy and undeniably the face of the future keeps losing in the East? Never thought Duncan has a strong following internationally, yet he hoisted 4 titles in a decade. Get a grip man.

Cant_Be_Faded
Even stupid asians have to be smart enough to realize the second half did not have a rhythm and kobe did nothing memorable whatsoever.

TheMACHINE
All those fouls in the 4th by the celtics were so fucking obvious...but who cares! time to celebrate!

spurs_in_7
06-17-2010, 11:38 PM
rigged !!!

greyforest
06-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Its not rigged, but there were obvious home cooking calls.

I think you've been watching the NBA too long if you say something like this with a straight face.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Noticing a trend...

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
The funny thing is that fans would be saying the same thing regardless of who won.

God love the NBA.

The Franchise
The Celtics stunk up the court, but the refs did start calling weak shit that they hadn't called all game, so if it wasn't rigged it's hard to tell.

HarlemHeat37
It wasn't rigged, but it was heavily biased, as usual..

The Gasol non-travel call will go down in history..

Jacob1983
06-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Stern has taken it upon himself to preserve Kobe's legacy and reputation. A game 7 at home for Kobe would have probably heavily damaged his legacy and reputation. It's sad that the whole rape thing didn't do that much damage to his legacy and reputation.

kamikazi_player
06-17-2010, 11:42 PM
I didn't think this game was rigged, both defenses played hard and it was a nail biter in the end. THe refs did not rig the rim so that allen goes 3-13 or something like that

NZ Spurs
06-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Stop watching if your think it is rigged you irrational babies.

mavsfan1000
06-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Stop watching if your think it is rigged you irrational babies.
I can't. Too hard to give up.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-17-2010, 11:48 PM
The funny thing is that fans would be saying the same thing regardless of who won.

God love the NBA.

If the Celtics had survived that second half theres no way any non-Celtic fans would be saying this about the Celtics.

Anyone who rationally watched this game saw every thing called close in favor of the lakers FOR THE ENTIRE HALF!

JMarkJohns
06-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Not rigged. Not at all.

My thoughts.

1. Garnett needs to hang 'em up RIGHT NOW if he can manage just three defensive rebounds in a game where the Lakers attempted 83 shots and made just 23 of them.
2. Allen is so damn inconsistent from game to game. He was worthless from shot 2-through-13 (1-12 during the stretch). One of the best shooters in NBA history wouldn't miss that many open shots.
3. The Celtic defense got mentally lazy down the stretch, getting careless (Allen's hand-in-face foul on Kobe from range) and sloppy (biting on pump/up-fake after pump/up-fake) when all game (if not all series), they did the exact opposite. Credit the Lakers for taking full advantage.
4. If Kobe Bryant shoots 25% on 20+ shots in a game 7, you, as a team should win, no doubt about it.
5. I have never seen a game in which Kobe's teammates carried him like this.
6. Which includes Artest. In the preseason I said the Lakers would lose to the Celtics. I liked the addition of Wallace (see tonight for reasons why), and I liked what Davis and T.Allen could bring off the bench. I said Artest was a liability. I said Artest was good for at least one loss. Not only was Artest never good for a loss in the series, Artest won them the game tonight with his 20 points and unbelievable defense (5 steals).

JMarkJohns
06-17-2010, 11:50 PM
As for the officiating, I didn't like the way the refs called the game, but that had nothing to do with anything. Refs called a piss poor game early which benefited Boston, and awarded Pierce two FTs late when he had clearly shoved Artest out of the way. These FTs kept the Celtics in the game at a time when they couldn't score a bucket otherwise. Refs didn't cost Boston. Boston's sloppy focus, and lack of intensity/timing cost them the game.

If you can't beat a Lakers team that shoots 33% total, with its best player shooting 25% and second-best player shooting sub-40%, then you have NO excuses.

RsxPiimp
06-17-2010, 11:53 PM
I think you've been watching the NBA too long if you say something like this with a straight face.

blaming losses on officials is for pussies.

mavsfan1000
06-17-2010, 11:53 PM
As for the officiating, I didn't like the way the refs called the game, but that had nothing to do with anything. Refs called a piss poor game early which benefited Boston, and awarded Pierce two FTs late when he had clearly shoved Artest out of the way. These FTs kept the Celtics in the game at a time when they couldn't score a bucket otherwise. Refs didn't cost Boston. Boston's sloppy focus, and lack of intensity/timing cost them the game.

If you can't beat a Lakers team that shoots 33% total, with its best player shooting 25% and second-best player shooting sub-40%, then you have NO excuses.
You obviously weren't paying attention to how much the Lakers were getting away defensively.

jag
06-17-2010, 11:56 PM
If youre convinced these games are rigged and continue to watch then youre a fuckin moron. It's like watching the wwe and then calling them liars and cheats when John Cena wins.

Trainwreck2100
06-17-2010, 11:59 PM
RIGGED or not, it doesn't matter the annals of history will always say laker 2010 champs. 100 years from now that's all anyone will know

JMarkJohns
06-18-2010, 12:05 AM
You obviously weren't paying attention to how much the Lakers were getting away defensively.

As much as the Celtics got away with in the 1st? Don't cry because the scale balanced out. Were there bad calls? Sure. But the bad calls were pretty much equal. Sure, the timing makes the late ones more memorable, but early/late = same impact. Had the Celtics not been able to body up on defense in the first half to the extent they got away with, I doubt their lead approaches/reaches double figures so many times.

Bad calls are part of the game. Celtics want to blame people, they should pass around a mirror. They got out-hustled. It wasn't simply out-bigged, because Bynum was hardly on the floor during the Lakers' multiple/late runs. Gasol grabbed 18 rebounds, Garnett grabbed 3.

Them's the culprit right there.

baseline bum
06-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Seeing Kobe repeat is like seeing Bush get re-elected, but calling it rigged is ridiculous.

v2freak
06-18-2010, 12:12 AM
I don't know if it's rigged or not. I only watched about 50 mins of the Finals overall so I don't think I'm at all fit to conclude anything. But, I would like to alert fellow posters to this:

it doesn't have to be either a.) the Celtics just sucked or b.) the game was fixed. That's an either/or fallacy. It could possibly be either one, or neither.

SomeCallMeTim
06-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah this is what I think. You have to expect the calls to favor LA at home. Boston just couldn't buy a bucket for anything.

There have been a lot of studies on this and it does seem that refs favor home teams... makes sense, they are human and can get caught up in the emotion of the crowd.

It is a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem though as teams when home tend to play more aggressively and therefore -- as conventional wisdom says -- as aggressors get more calls.

So it's not entirely clear which is cause and which is effect.

The exact opposite happened in 2008 where FT diff was enormous in favor of Boston.

dbestpro
06-18-2010, 12:14 AM
I hate both teams and wish they both lost. Having said that I saw two teams hack and foul the shit out of each other for 4 quarters. The Lakers got called on their fouls for only three quarters. Rigged or not the officials affected the outcome plain and simple. Because its the Lakers and Celtics most of America could care less. Its like bitching that Trump lost a million dollars.

BeeGee
06-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Rig these nuts.

Mission accomplished, you punk muthafuckas. Back to back, title defended.

SomeCallMeTim
06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Seeing Kobe repeat is like seeing Bush get re-elected, but calling it rigged is ridiculous.

:lol

Good analogy actually.

I'm well aware that there are few likable guys on this LA team. Actually, the league is short of likable guys... how many likable dudes are there on Cleveland and Boston? I think people would've been happy to see Howard win it all but then they'd have to live with Carter grabbing a title, too.

In the end, I'm just glad to see most people are happy for Artest. He's a likable guy on this team... and completely nuts.

LongtimeSpursFan
06-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Dont know if it is rigged but this was not a very well played game. Poor shooting, turnovers, too many whistles stopping the game. Unfortunately the NBA has become an isolation or pick and roll game with the offensive player driving to the basket and screaming for a foul. It is painful to watch and the beautiful game of basketball is but a memory that is fading quickly.

peteee
06-18-2010, 03:19 AM
wrong.

Boston wins and Kobe's legacy takes a huge hit, meaning all the Euros and Chinese who slob Kobe's knob suddenly will have no hero in the NBA. Meaning Fuehrer Stern's ultimate plan of global domination takes a step backwards.

Like I said before, Kobe is beloved by the foreign fans because he loves soccer and lived in Italy. He is the major link Fuehrer Stern needs to bring in even more foreign fans.
wrong. everyone loves soccer so loving soccer doesn't give one any more popularity than he already has. at least soccer is more of a sport than the National Basketball Exhibition, and I've got a reason why you should prefer soccer to basketball...

chinese loved bball better than any sport back in the years when Mr. Shite was still playing but that's gone already with Shite done. Soccer is the most popular sport for koreans because they have the BEST asian soccer player in Ji-Sung and that their team has been doing well in South Africa under Ji-Sung's lead. It's just some normally retarded logic for Asian morons, nothing special.

Killakobe81
06-18-2010, 03:26 AM
Rig these nuts.

Mission accomplished, you punk muthafuckas. Back to back, title defended.

All you waiting for Artest for to implode LOL

AND

Those thatwere STILL saying we missed Ariza were foolish we lose this title WITHOUT ron ....period.

Roddy Beaubois
06-18-2010, 03:29 AM
rigged for sure.

Killakobe81
06-18-2010, 03:37 AM
Cry me a river ...ohh cry me a river ....

LnGrrrR
06-18-2010, 03:38 AM
I don't think it was rigged, but I sure am tired watching players on both sides flopping. Pierce/rondo for he celtics and fisher/pau for the Lakers. I do think that fisher and pau were much more blatant, with arrests flop after the Rondo shove just pathetic.

As long as refs reward that kind of shitty behavior, it will happen.

Kamnik
06-18-2010, 03:50 AM
Seriously.

If you believe NBA is rigged and you still follow it then YOU ARE FUCKING RETARDED.

BadOdor
06-18-2010, 03:55 AM
Hi guys, hows it going?

noob cake
06-18-2010, 04:45 AM
I feel asleep. Snooze fest playoff this year.

boutons_deux
06-18-2010, 05:15 AM
"Celtics stunk up the court"

The Lakers shot 32% FG in a Championship game at home, 9% less than Celts.

Giuseppe
06-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Hi guys, hows it going?

:lol

jmard5
06-18-2010, 09:45 AM
The Celtics had their chances.

... also 20+ offensive rebounds by the Lakers on a game 7. Wow.

Giuseppe
06-18-2010, 09:47 AM

Yep.

They dared Artest to beat them. And Artest obliged.

Goran Dragic
06-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Seriously.

No, I don't think it was rigged. I might not be happy LA won, but it wasn't rigged, the better team won.

Spurminator
06-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Wouldn't know, didn't watch it.

TheMACHINE
06-18-2010, 10:14 AM
I don't think it was rigged, but I sure am tired watching players on both sides flopping. Pierce/rondo for he celtics and fisher/pau for the Lakers. I do think that fisher and pau were much more blatant, with arrests flop after the Rondo shove just pathetic.

As long as refs reward that kind of shitty behavior, it will happen.

I watched the last 6 minutes again, and you gotta admit all those fouls were legitamate obvious fouls. The most ticky tack one was actually the Ron Artest foul on paul pierce. The rest were like celtic players literally landing on top of Laker players. lol

Spurminator
06-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Anyway congrats to Chris Wallace for building an NBA juggernaut.

bostonguy
06-18-2010, 11:45 AM
No I don't call it being rigged. The refs didn't lose that 13 point lead for Boston. Celts had a chance to make this game get out of hand and couldn't extend that lead. Props to the Lakers D for that. Also the refs didnt make that 3 for Artest or get that offensive board for Gasol. The refs didn't injure Perkins. Bad calls or not, if you were in position to win the game you can't use that as an excuse.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I can't call it rigged. Yeah, the Lakers got some favorable calls in the 4th (as expected)

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting expected favorable calls is rigged.

TheMACHINE
06-18-2010, 11:48 AM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting expected favorable calls is rigged.

i expect calls when people get fouled. hard to fathom?

mavsfan1000
06-18-2010, 11:57 AM

... also 20+ offensive rebounds by the Lakers on a game 7. Wow.
Rasheed has to be the worst rebounding big man out there.

Goran Dragic
06-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Because its the Lakers and Celtics most of America could care less.

Yeah, I'm sure America cared more about San Antonio vs. Cleveland in 2007 :lmao

FuzzyLumpkins
06-18-2010, 12:00 PM
i expect calls when people get fouled. hard to fathom?

Hacking calls and pretty much everything else are at the discretion of the officials.

In the NFL pass interference calls used to be problematic but at least the NFL simplified it and said no contact. The NBA just pretends like nothing is wrong.

Do you disagree that the game was called differently down the stretch?

MarCowMar
06-18-2010, 12:01 PM
"Unfortunately the NBA has become an isolation or pick and roll game with the offensive player driving to the basket and screaming for a foul."

^ This

I don't think the game was rigged, but the Lakers were getting most of the close calls from what I saw. The Celtics looked exhausted.

TheMACHINE
06-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Hacking calls and pretty much everything else are at the discretion of the officials.

and they called it right.

JamStone
06-18-2010, 12:06 PM

After KG maybe.

Rasheed 8 boards
KG 3 boards

If they told you Sheed would give you 8 boards last night in place of Perkins, I bet you Doc and the rest of the coaching staff would take it and be tickled pink about it. Glen Davis also had 9 boards. Sheed and Baby did quite fine in Perk's stead. Their overall team defense was not good. And KG got worked on the glass.

Killakobe81
06-18-2010, 12:29 PM
After KG maybe.

Rasheed 8 boards
KG 3 boards

If they told you Sheed would give you 8 boards last night in place of Perkins, I bet you Doc and the rest of the coaching staff would take it and be tickled pink about it. Glen Davis also had 9 boards. Sheed and Baby did quite fine in Perk's stead. Their overall team defense was not good. And KG got worked on the glass.

Wow didnt catch that last night ...

I think KG is not 100% no way a healthy even older healthy KG let's that happen.

And the Lakers MISSED a LOT!!!!

jdev82
06-18-2010, 12:33 PM

FUCK you asshole. sheed is only celtic who was productive and didnt give up out there. eat a dick.

jdev82
06-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I hate both teams and wish they both lost. Having said that I saw two teams hack and foul the shit out of each other for 4 quarters. The Lakers got called on their fouls for only three quarters. Rigged or not the officials affected the outcome plain and simple. Because its the Lakers and Celtics most of America could care less. Its like bitching that Trump lost a million dollars.

this

DenDen
06-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Lakers is the reason why NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA

BeeGee
06-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Danny Ainge bought Boston their one title. Time for 'em to fuck off for another 20+ seasons. Back 2 Back, bitch.