PDA

View Full Version : "Ray Allen was despondent..."

Dim Tuncan
06-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Ray Allen was despondent as he answered questions following the Celtics' 83-79 Game 7 defeat.

Does it get any better than that? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/06/18/allen__1276837142_7650.gif

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/gallery/06_17_10_game7/?camp=misc%3Aon%3Ashare%3Agallery

sook
06-18-2010, 12:46 AM
his career is over. Great player, age just caught up.

EIC
06-18-2010, 12:51 AM
He was close to worthless in the last four games. It's like the elation from his first-half performance in Game 2 fried his circuits. How do you go 7-7 from behind the arc and follow that up with something like 1-22? Just nuts.

DJ Mbenga
06-18-2010, 12:52 AM
after googling despondent. looks like allen's age caught up with him

sook
06-18-2010, 12:53 AM
after googling despondent. looks like allen's age caught up with him

lmfao. I love the honesty :lol

SomeCallMeTim
06-18-2010, 12:54 AM
He was close to worthless in the last four games. It's like the elation from his first-half performance in Game 2 fried his circuits. How do you go 7-7 from behind the arc and follow that up with something like 1-22? Just nuts.

He really Manu'd it up for Boston. That's what it reminded me of, Manu 2008.

Course Manu was hurt back then and has turned back into a beast, Allen just seems to be over the hill.

Father Time wins every battle.

JamStone
06-18-2010, 12:54 AM
lakaluva will be fucking a poster of Ray Allen with his mouth cut out tonight.

namlook
06-18-2010, 12:56 AM
Ray Allen has always been jealous of Kobe. This one must have really hurt him. He used to tell the media he got drafted higher than Kobe so that means he was better. LOL. Nevermind that Kobe was a teenager at the time.

spurs10
06-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Any of you laughable Lakers and the rapist fans that think you'll ever be good enough to shine his shoes...step right up!!! He's actually well respected throughout the world. The fact Kobe isn't in prison is all down to $$$$$$.

Giuseppe
06-18-2010, 01:01 AM
lakaluva will be fucking a poster of Ray Allen with his mouth cut out tonight.

Jammie turned his Award to the wall before typing this one.

:lmao

sook
06-18-2010, 01:04 AM

shutup.

Jam > You

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2010, 01:05 AM

I think posts like that are how you win awards Cully.

hitmanyr2k
06-18-2010, 01:06 AM
Ray Allen and Pierce may have blown their shots at the HOF tonight. Before this series I had both as 4th or 5th ballot HOFers AT BEST. If they had given a decent showing I would have bumped them up to maybe 3rd ballot HOFers. Pierce with a 2nd Finals MVP probably would have been bumped up further than that.

IronMexican
06-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Ray Allen and Pierce may have blown their shots at the HOF tonight. Before this series I had both as 4th or 5th ballot HOFers AT BEST. If they had given a decent showing I would have bumped them up to maybe 3rd ballot HOFers. Pierce with a 2nd Finals MVP probably would have been bumped up further than that.

KG would probably have won the award.

florige
06-18-2010, 01:12 AM

Man if the Celts had won that MVP would had been one of the more difficult to choose. Nobody really stood out consistently on this team during this series.

JamStone
06-18-2010, 01:13 AM
Lol I was actually giving lakaluva props for his Ray Allen bashing. He was pretty much right on in his assessment.

That's why he's mouth-fucking that Ray Allen poster tonight.

Cheers!

hitmanyr2k
06-18-2010, 01:13 AM

Maybe. I think Pierce would have taken it home with his Game 5 performance and a good showing tonight.

hitmanyr2k
06-18-2010, 01:16 AM
PP is going to retire the all time leading scorer for the Celtics.

Yeah, but a lot of those were empty points on horrid Celtic teams. Pierce went through a big playoff drought and also a good amount of years where he couldn't even scratch All-NBA third team. His legacy has to be built on these playoff games because his individual accolades don't say much. A great showing in a Game 7 against the Lakers on the road would have boosted him quite a bit.

JamStone
06-18-2010, 01:17 AM
Dude. I was giving you credit for being right.

WTF are you trying to spark more discussion about it?

Are you dense?

SomeCallMeTim
06-18-2010, 01:26 AM

Both will make the HOF. Pierce probably first ballot. Allen may have to wait a while.

hitmanyr2k
06-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Both will make the HOF. Pierce probably first ballot. Allen may have to wait a while.

No way he makes it in first ballot, or second, probably not even third. He doesn't have the individual accolades that makes him a lock. I think he has a few All-NBA third teams, no All-Defensive teams. That's simply not enough. His career really mirrors Ray Allen's (not many individual accolades, missed the playoffs a ton in his career) except Ray doesn't have a Finals MVP.

SomeCallMeTim
06-18-2010, 01:52 AM
No way he makes it in first ballot, or second, probably not even third. He doesn't have the individual accolades that makes him a lock. I think he has a few All-NBA third teams, no All-Defensive teams. That's simply not enough. His career really mirrors Ray Allen's (not many individual accolades, missed the playoffs a ton in his career) except Ray doesn't have a Finals MVP.

databasebasketball has Pierce at 128, Allen at 123 on their HOF monitor. Their standard says likely HOFer > 135. So they're both close. Maybe not quite bus test yet but my gut says if the Boston bus ran em both over tonight they both get in.

Capt Bringdown
06-18-2010, 02:34 AM
3 for 27 in games 3 & 7. He has a lot to be despondent over, one could make a case that he cost the Celtics a title. Was it the Lakers defense, or did he just choke?

HarlemHeat37
06-18-2010, 02:35 AM
The Lakers D certainly deserves some credit, but he missed a lot of shots he's supposed to make..

I've always disliked Ray Allen as much as any non-Laker player, but I dislike him even more after this series..he's like Ladanian Tomlinson for me, everybody talks about how classy he is, but I don't see it..

Bruce Bowen always knew how to pick on the mentally weak guys, he spots them very well..part of the reason I love him..Ray Allen, Vince Carter, Carmelo Anthony, others of that nature..he never picked on Kobe for instance..he always picked on soft, mentally weak players like these guys, he knew what he was doing..

TampaDude
06-18-2010, 02:53 AM
3 for 27 in games 3 & 7. He has a lot to be despondent over, one could make a case that he cost the Celtics a title. Was it the Lakers defense, or did he just choke?

RayRay bears a lot of the weight for blowing this series, a series the Celtics should have won in 5 games.