PDA

View Full Version : Props to Ron Artest

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2010, 01:22 AM
He took a paycut to play with a contender, stopped being the chemistry problem he's known to be, made adjustments to his game to help in certain ways as a role player, and he got rewarded for it. Of all the guys on LA you can hate, he's not one of them, he deserves the ring he won because of the sacrifices he made. Good to see it worked out well for him, he earned it.

TheMACHINE
06-18-2010, 01:25 AM
Props to Artest!

kamikazi_player
06-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Yep, major props to this guy. I was sure he would be worth round 8-10 mil, but he settled for MLE, maybe some guys should learn to take less money if it benefits the organization to grab some other guys to build around.

cobbler
06-18-2010, 01:30 AM
He most definetly earned his ring and proved all the doubters wrong.

Speaking of... where is that bitch ChrisR?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Yep, major props to this guy. I was sure he would be worth round 8-10 mil, but he settled for MLE, maybe some guys should learn to take less money if it benefits the organization to grab some other guys to build around.

Yeah, or in Artest's case, learn to take less money and a reduced role if it means going to a contender. Artest probably knew he wasn't gonna win a title as one of the top players on a team, so he found a situation where he could fit in as a role player and contribute in other ways. Not very many players do this, so I give Artest credit for being one of the few who did.

HarlemHeat37
06-18-2010, 01:39 AM
I give him credit for wanting to win and taking less money..I didn't think he could be a role player, but he was..he was horrible during the playoffs, but he came up big in game 7..

cobbler
06-18-2010, 01:40 AM
I give him credit for wanting to win and taking less money..I didn't think he could be a role player, but he was..he was horrible during the playoffs, but he came up big in game 7..

Yeah... if your a moron and only look at stat sheets and offense as being the whole game.

SomeCallMeTim
06-18-2010, 01:42 AM
Yeah, or in Artest's case, learn to take less money and a reduced role if it means going to a contender. Artest probably knew he wasn't gonna win a title as one of the top players on a team, so he found a situation where he could fit in as a role player and contribute in other ways. Not very many players do this, so I give Artest credit for being one of the few who did.

Despite him totally losing his shot -- which almost cost him his offensive game -- I am shocked at how well he fit in this year.

Absolute model citizen all season long. Zero drama. Probably drew 3 techs all season long. Total team player. Hustle, defense, heart.

cobbler
06-18-2010, 01:43 AM
HarlemHo still going. It's over man. We won, you lost. We are the Champions, and you are the losers.

He's really stepping up for most butt hurt of the year!

And he had no horse in the race.... just 100% butt hurt cause it's the Lakers and Kobe!!!!

This just doesn't get any better. :lol

TheMACHINE
06-18-2010, 01:46 AM
did i hear butthurt?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/spurssun2.jpg