PDA

View Full Version : Kobe : Kobe: "90% of what I've learned came from (Michael Jordan)"

MiamiHeat
06-18-2010, 06:07 AM
Kobe: "90% of what I've learned came from (Michael Jordan). It's a genuine love that I have for him & what he's done for me."

--------------

OK. Good. Finally he admits it.

Fuck you shitty Laker fans that always hated on me for pointing this out and calling me crazy :)

I respect Kobe a little more now with this comment.

Def Rowe
06-18-2010, 06:09 AM
Dude. Get the fuck over yourself.

Chieflion
06-18-2010, 06:12 AM
He already admitted this way before that. He used to text Jordan for advice.

MiamiHeat
^^^^ lol butthurt

you would think you would be HAPPY for Lakers winning a ring

GUESS NOT LOL

Pero
Kobe is actually just a testament to Jordans greatness. Even a mere copy of him is an all time great.

MiamiHeat
He already admitted this way before that. He used to text Jordan for advice.

not to this extent

BRHornet45
06-18-2010, 06:14 AM
at least Jordan could pull all the white pussy he wanted without having to pull a Kobe and rape them.

SevenX
06-18-2010, 06:16 AM
He already said that you shouldn't compare himself to Jordan since Jordan is the GOAT. You're a little late there dude.

MiamiHeat = Kate Faber.

HOLY SHIT.

BRHornet45
06-18-2010, 06:20 AM
sons its amazing how pathetic and desperate the NBA and media is to create stars now days ... Kobe has done absolutely nothing to deserve this ridiculous hype except shoot 20% in the finals and 70% from the freebie line.

ESPN, ABC, and the NBA have done everything in their power to push this guy, yet he still simply can't deliver and put up half ass decent "star" numbers. piece of shit I hope he dies tonight.

Ghazi
06-18-2010, 06:21 AM
give it up, BR.

Kobe is a better player than CP3.

Ghazi
06-18-2010, 06:21 AM
put CP3 on this team instead of KObe and they lose 2nd round to Utah, considering Deron always makes CP3 his little bitch

BRHornet45
06-18-2010, 06:23 AM
put CP3 on this team instead of KObe and they lose 2nd round to Utah, considering Deron always makes CP3 his little bitch

son at least you admitted they would get to the 2nd round which is far more than Kobe ever did as the leader of his team .... Kobe as the leader of his team = knocked out in the 1st round and not even making the playoffs .... Kobe with a team stacked full of super stars like Shaq and Gasol holding his hand = championships

Ghazi
06-18-2010, 06:25 AM
lol, you think CP3 would be the leader?

Gasol's a better player than CP3 too.

ata
06-18-2010, 06:32 AM
at least Jordan could pull all the white pussy he wanted without having to pull a Kobe and rape them.

This would be missing 10%, I guess ;)

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2010, 06:43 AM
sons its amazing how pathetic and desperate the NBA and media is to create stars now days ... Kobe has done absolutely nothing to deserve this ridiculous hype except shoot 20% in the finals and 70% from the freebie line.

ESPN, ABC, and the NBA have done everything in their power to push this guy, yet he still simply can't deliver and put up half ass decent "star" numbers. piece of shit I hope he dies tonight.

the way I see it he single handedly out rebounded Boston's BIG 3 combined and pretty much tied 2 of them combined in scoring...His numbers in rebounds and in points was better than any single performance of the big 4 while having a shitty offensive night. That makes Bostons case even worse....:lmao

cobbler
06-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Can the OP be anymore butthurt?

Finally admitted it? Really?

MJ mentored Kobe his first few years in the league. It's well documented.

Miami getting his stupid on over and over and over....

redzero
06-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Kobe quoted himself?

On a serious note, MJ's legacy as the greatest is still intact. No need to worry... yet.

Nahtanoj
06-18-2010, 08:36 AM
This thread is weak.

Thomas82
06-18-2010, 08:53 AM

son at least you admitted they would get to the 2nd round which is far more than Kobe ever did as the leader of his team .... Kobe as the leader of his team = knocked out in the 1st round and not even making the playoffs .... Kobe with a team stacked full of super stars like Shaq and Gasol holding his hand = championships

Yeah I might be a little butt-hurt, but you can count me among one of the few people that believe everything Kobe has gotten throughout his career has come to easily for him, and that he hasn't deserved most of it.

Agloco
06-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Kobe: "90% of what I've learned came from (Michael Jordan). It's a genuine love that I have for him & what he's done for me."

--------------

OK. Good. Finally he admits it.

Fuck you shitty Laker fans that always hated on me for pointing this out and calling me crazy :)

I respect Kobe a little more now with this comment.

He went 6-24 in a Game 7 on his home floor....

It's more like 25% of what he learned came from Michael Jordan.

Killakobe81
06-18-2010, 10:27 AM
LOL wont bother posting stats but MJ had a couple of game 6 stinkbomb in the Finals ... but whatever ...

Of course Kobe learned from Jordan he was the greatest teacher of mid 80's ealy 90's

MJ was PS3 back in the 8-bit nintendo era ...

and with all this Kobe/Jordan comparison crap is the fact most people ignore ...

Jordan was so great because he was SOOOOOO aHEAD of his time.

He was like Jesse Owens or Jim Brown ...a gifted athlete ...that perfected his craft so that he made everyone else "LOOK" like they were playng in slow motion ...

Kobe is a great player some could argue he has some skills MJ doesnt have ...

BUt he will NEVER be that ...

Lebron may develop in to that and that is ONe edge Lebron has on Kobe he is that kind of "rare" special gifted athlete.

Kobe is a just baller simple and plain...who also has perfected his craft but Kobe was never that far ahead of pack athletically ...

SomeCallMeTim
06-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Yeah I might be a little butt-hurt, but you can count me among one of the few people that believe everything Kobe has gotten throughout his career has come to easily for him, and that he hasn't deserved most of it.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

Cue shotgun blast.

TheMACHINE
06-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Cp3 isnt even in the top 5 of point guards this season.

Killakobe81
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM

Cue shotgun blast.

Great quote ... love "the wire"

RIP Snoop ...

j.dizzle
06-18-2010, 11:21 AM
LOL he had more rebounds then the big 3 combined..Ill take that shit any day of the week.

TheNextGen
06-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Kobe is a beast. Had a bad game so he did it with defense and rebounds.

stretch
06-18-2010, 11:49 AM
LOL wont bother posting stats but MJ had a couple of game 6 stinkbomb in the Finals ... but whatever ...

Of course Kobe learned from Jordan he was the greatest teacher of mid 80's ealy 90's

MJ was PS3 back in the 8-bit nintendo era ...

and with all this Kobe/Jordan comparison crap is the fact most people ignore ...

Jordan was so great because he was SOOOOOO aHEAD of his time.

He was like Jesse Owens or Jim Brown ...a gifted athlete ...that perfected his craft so that he made everyone else "LOOK" like they were playng in slow motion ...

Kobe is a great player some could argue he has some skills MJ doesnt have ...

BUt he will NEVER be that ...

Lebron may develop in to that and that is ONe edge Lebron has on Kobe he is that kind of "rare" special gifted athlete.

Kobe is a just baller simple and plain...who also has perfected his craft but Kobe was never that far ahead of pack athletically ...

Very very good post, agreed on all aspects.

MJ was WAY ahead of his time. There had never been a player quite like Jordan at that time. Nowadays, we have a lot of players that have skillsets and athleticism on par with Jordan, like Kobe, T-Mac, Vince Carter, Lebron, Wade, and others. None of them obviously are as great or accomplished as him, but they are very comparable in what they are capable of doing on the court. What made MJ so great was his intangibles, his mentality, and his unmatched hatred of losing.

Killakobe81
06-18-2010, 12:25 PM
This from TrueHoop Somtimes people forget the truth:

Take Jordan, for instance. He clinched his first title as a mostly-bystander watching a monstrous fourth quarter from John Paxson … and the second with five reserves leading a 16-point comeback against Portland in Game 6 ... and the third watching Paxson nail the game-winner in Phoenix.

Regardless MJ>Kobe

MiamiHeat
06-18-2010, 01:01 PM
This from TrueHoop Somtimes people forgetthe truth:

Take Jordan, for instance. He clinched his first title as a mostly-bystander watching a monstrous fourth quarter from John Paxson … and the second with five reserves leading a 16-point comeback against Portland in Game 6 ... and the third watching Paxson nail the game-winner in Phoenix.

Regardless MJ>Kobe

Jordan's first title was against Magic's Lakers.

What did he average in that series?

Nothing much,

just 11.4 assists per game
6.8 rpg, 2.8 SPG, 1.4 BPG

and 31 PPG on 55% FG%.

In the "clinching game", where Jordan was a "bystander" in that retarded thing you quoted

30 pts, 10 assists, 4 rebs, 5 steals, 2 blocks, on 52% FG%

where did you get that article? lakersground again?

Killakobe81
06-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Found it on True Hoop vis ESPN

Learn to read ... you swinging harder for MJ than his son ...

SomeCallMeTim
06-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Great quote ... love "the wire"

RIP Snoop ...

:lol Except that ain't from The Wire.

If I were quoting The Wire, I would've gone with:

"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way."

TimDunkem
06-18-2010, 10:05 PM
piece of shit I hope he dies tonight.
Calm down son! :lol

Booharv
06-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Kobe quoted himself?

On a serious note, MJ's legacy as the greatest is still intact. No need to worry... yet.

Kobe could have a better career but he could never be a better player.

resistanze
06-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Jordan was dominant in the Finals during the first three-peat.

But Jordan was a chucker/inefficient on many occasions during the second three-peat. Hell, in the 1998 Finals he averaged 27 shot attempts per game (30 shots if you exclude that game 3 curbstomping where he didn''t shoot much) and he shot 43% for the series. In 1997, he attempted 27 FGA and shot under 46%. In 1996, shot a reasonable 20 shots per game but only made 41% of his FGs. A far cry from his 55% Finals shooting in the first three-peat.

This doesn't mean Kobe will ever surpass MJ (he won't), but it seems absurd to criticize his entire Finals based on one game. Maybe if they ended up losing, his shitting-of-the-bed would've left a bigger stain, but he won.

Killakobe81
06-18-2010, 11:33 PM
:lol Except that ain't from The Wire.

If I were quoting The Wire, I would've gone with:

"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way."

That is a great quote as well ...I thought you were paraphasing Snoop's lecture to Mike ...My bad!

tlongII
06-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Kobe's not MJ, but IS great. No shame in that.

hitmanyr2k
06-19-2010, 03:20 PM

Cue shotgun blast.

:lol:lol Unforgiven is one of my favorite movies of all-time. The last 10-15 minutes of that movie has some of the best dialogue ever.

"All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."

hitmanyr2k
06-19-2010, 03:30 PM
This from TrueHoop Somtimes people forget the truth:

Regardless MJ>Kobe

Yeah, that's garbage :lol

Jordan wasn't "watching" Paxson do anything. He (along with Pippen) kept attacking the defense and feeding a red-hot Paxson the ball. Phil Jackson got in Jordan's ass especially by singling him out in the huddle and basically told him to start feeding Pax who was constantly wide open from the defensive attention Jordan was receiving. Jordan obeyed and the rest is history. There's a difference between watching and actually creating for teammates. And it's not like Jordan wasn't scoring down the stretch.

Pippen and 4 reserves lead the Bulls back from a 15 point deficit in the 4th to cut it to three. Jordan came back in and he and Pippen finished off Portland in the final 5 minutes. I believe Jordan scored 12 points in the final 5 minutes of that game. He was certainly on the bench cheerleading the comeback but he wasn't exactly "watching" in the final minutes either.

And lastly, Jordan had scored all the points in the 4th qtr for the Bulls in Game 6 of the '93 Finals until Paxson hit the game winner in the final seconds.

So there you have it. You would think "True"hoop would know better :lol

Giuseppe
06-19-2010, 03:39 PM
The Suns made Jordan blink in the '93 Finals, especially in Game 6.

If Barkley doesn't crap the bed and jump the shark on the final Chicago inbounds it goes to 7.

namlook
06-19-2010, 05:32 PM
He went 6-24 in a Game 7 on his home floor....

It's more like 25% of what he learned came from Michael Jordan.

Jordan shot 26% in the deciding game of the 1996 NBA finals. So I guess Kobe used 96% of what he learned from Jordan in that game.

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2010, 08:27 PM
did jordan ever loss by 40pts

fevertrees
06-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Kobe is one of the best #2 options in the history of the game...not sure why he always gets so much hate. =/

Booharv
06-20-2010, 07:13 AM
The Suns made Jordan blink in the '93 Finals, especially in Game 6.

If Barkley doesn't crap the bed and jump the shark on the final Chicago inbounds it goes to 7.

Correction, if Jordan doesn't average 40+ ppg in that series it goes to seven.

Booharv
06-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Jordan shot 26% in the deciding game of the 1996 NBA finals. So I guess Kobe used 96% of what he learned from Jordan in that game.

What was their overall record on the year after that game? Oh yeah 87-13.

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Correction, if Jordan doesn't average 40+ ppg in that series it goes to seven.

No. Go back and watch it from the final Chicago inbounds.

It was Barkley that won Game 6 for Chicago, and stopped it from 7.

Not Jordan.

BullsDynasty
06-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Jordan's Points and FG% in all of his series clinching games starting from 1991.

I've highlighted his games where he shot under .500%

1st round
39 Points .500%

2nd round
38 Points .452%

ECF
29 Points 642%

Finals
30 Points .522%

1st round
56 Points .667% << GODLY

2nd round