PDA

View Full Version : Nba=wwe

Walton Buys Off Me
06-18-2010, 08:56 AM
No difference.

On a night where the world was watching and the league had a chance to regain some much needed credibility, it turns into a Wrestlemania bout for the title.

Lakers win by 4 points; finish +20 in free throw attempts.

Kobe Bryant is awarded the same amount of free throws as the entire Boston Celtics team….

Did you expect anything different? Honestly? Watching poor Doc last night was like analyzing a lab specimen's last movements before the pimply faced high school kid starts dissecting it. He had no chance under the bright lights of Staples. The NBA wouldn't dare disappoint their Hollywood a-list buddies.

Whenever the Celtics pushed back, whistle blown, free throw line for the purple and gold.

Kudos to the Celtics for keeping is so close but when you're competing against a pre-determined outcome, how do you win?

The Lakers title means about as much to a a pure sports fan as John Cena winning the WWE title.

The questions this morning should not be centered around Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers 'legacy', they should be about who is the better sports entertainment promoter; David Stern or Vince McMahon?

I say Vince- his outcomes are at least less predictable.

Obstructed_View
06-18-2010, 09:16 AM
The Lakers sure got the benefit of the officiating, especially in the 4th quarter.

The Truth #6
06-18-2010, 09:21 AM
I thought the Celtics got worn out from playing defense and stagnated on offense. They couldn't score for long stretches and let the Lakers back in the game. But I'll admit, seeing Joey Crawford out there always suggests the possibility of an agenda by someone, and usually him.

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2010, 09:28 AM
well what u expect when ur playing at staples the most lopsided arena in all sports officiating...this is just like the 3peat lakers years

DPG21920
06-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Stop watching then.

EmptyMan
06-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Basketball is a great game, but the schematics of it just give refs too much power over momentum, etc. Especially when they pull a GD 180* in the middle of a game....conveniently.

lol @ being able to solve the ref situation so easily (turn into Hitler and rule with iron first) and still using refs who have fcking proven they are biased in the past.

Dr. Gonzo
06-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Stop watching then.

I pretty much have stopped watching. It's a joke now.

hsxvvd
06-18-2010, 10:06 AM
If only Sheed could get his hands on a steel chair

silverblk mystix
06-18-2010, 10:07 AM
this is not a surprise---i rewatched the 2nd half---and it is blatantly obvious--

the celtics had a 13 point lead and their defense was dominating---

then all of a sudden---call after call after call---first to put the lakers in the penalty---

and it almost didn't work---because the lakers kept missing free throws---

but eventually the celtics got worn down---

garnett drives---gasol hits his hand/wrist---no call---

on the other end---gasol gets the same amount of contact----actually less contact---it is a foul...

on & on

4th qtr---lakers in the penalty---shooting free throws---from the 6:45 mark til the end---

gasol traveled---no replay review ---nothing---basket counts

rondo gettting hacked, pierce getting hacked,garnett, baby---all of them getting hacked repeatedly----no calls

lakers---any minor contact---foul-foul-foul....

in the last 20 minutes of the game---lakers shot 25 FREE THROWS

20 MINUTES----25 FREE THROWS---20 MINUTES----25 FREE THROWS---

FOR ONE TEAM---25 FREE THROWS

2002 VS. SACRAMENTO KINGS---27 FREE THROWS IN THE 4TH QTR ALONE

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF

Something has to be done---it is us the fans that are being robbed---i say it is time to plan some kind of an action against the NBA=WWE

SpurCharger
06-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Agree With Everybodys Posts...... Refs Control this Game way to much..... Game 7, the world is watching..... We are Watching the Players, not the refs.... The NBA Should do something about this..... its Terrible

Warlord23
06-18-2010, 10:37 AM
It's sad. Kobe shoots 6-24 FG, the Lakers as a team shoot below 33% and are still handed the game. That was one of the worst performances (both by a team and an individual "Finals MVP") in NBA Finals history. Joey Crawford is now in Salvatore / Bavetta territory with this abomination.

At this point it's just a disgrace to sports in general. Can't wait for the NFL season to begin.

temujin
06-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Two games of the finals were officiated by Joey Crawford.

Enough said.

You gotta be pretty stupid to watch this kind of stuff.

TwoHandJam
06-18-2010, 11:23 AM
There was a game last night?

widowmaker
06-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Two games of the finals were officiated by Joey Crawford.

Enough said.

You gotta be pretty stupid to watch this kind of stuff.

It's like I've said before Joey Crawford is David Sterns hitman, this man is always surrounded by controversy. I called it during the game, I told my boys watch Boston is up right now but somehow LA is gonna get back in it. It's all part of the scrpit LOL.

easy7
06-18-2010, 12:37 PM
They should at least allowed for John Cena to run the Laker's point, and given the Big Show to play center for the Celtics.

tdunk21
06-18-2010, 12:38 PM
except wwe is sometimes unpredictable.....

mudyez
06-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Stop watching then.

done 3 years ago!

mudyez
06-18-2010, 01:20 PM
btw.: I was pretty clever this time...knowing what will go on, I bet some money on LA!

you just have to know, how to beat the system! :toast

mudyez
06-18-2010, 01:27 PM
no further comment

http://blog.themavenreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/wwe_nba_600.jpghttp://yepyep.gibbs12.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/cena-mvp.jpg
http://ajmski1988.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/rwallace_295_041102.jpg.w180h220.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/magazine/new/ben_wallace_belt.jpg
http://www.espn.go.com/media/nba/2004/1120/photo/g_brawl_i.jpghttp://www.camelclutchblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/shaq.jpg

cantthinkofanything
06-18-2010, 01:30 PM
It's soccer time bitches. Come on Algeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cantthinkofanything
06-18-2010, 01:31 PM
It's soccer time bitches! Come on Algeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mudyez
06-18-2010, 01:32 PM
here are your World Champs, the LA-Lakers!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QNxeYp76RHk/Sh1B3N9saWI/AAAAAAAAAF4/9UryNMg8T4g/s400/mvp-cena-lawler.jpg

mudyez
06-18-2010, 01:33 PM
It's soccer time bitches. Come on Algeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its WWE too!

I'm from germany ;-)

greyforest
06-18-2010, 04:03 PM
this game was fucking awful and epitomizes everything that's wrong with the nba

EVAY
06-18-2010, 06:52 PM
this game was fucking awful and epitomizes everything that's wrong with the nba

+10000.

Cane
06-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Boston basically dug their own graves when it comes to getting bad calls from the officials. Still, the NBA and most of its fans would always love to see the marquee match up LA vs Boston especially since neither have really been healthy.

Doc Rivers, Sheed, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Nate Robinson, Perkins, and even a minority owner (after the Game with three overturned calls he called out Stern and said he should be ashamed at the refs).....all have bad tendencies and/or histories with officials. The New England area was basically calling out for blood for all the extra physical contact that Dwight Howard got away with since the Celtics were up in the series, and again, jacking up their technicals and whining.

Never made much sense to me to try and stir up shit with refs and league in general - too much of a gamble especially if your entire team/organization gives 'em shit. A lot of the Celtics lose their cool way too easily and you don't need the extra pressure of potentially being suspended for stupid technical foul bullshit.

Seventyniner
06-18-2010, 07:35 PM
There was a game last night?

BadMotorscooter
06-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Things like this make me pissed off at my fellow Spurs fans. When they act like little girls and cry about something they dont like. Like the Lakers winning. Here you go, OP and the other posters who agreed....Do you remember the last time we won a championship? It was in '07. We played Cleveland. In the closeout game...game 4...we had 36 free throw attempts....they had 16. And we won by 1 point. I dont care if it was a game 7 or a game 4 for a sweep....we clearly got the calls right? So stop your bitchin'. Or should we say that our title in 07 was a WWe product as well.?

mavsfan1000
06-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Tennis is my sport. The only things that can be rigged are draws. The winner is the actual winner.

greyforest
06-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Or should we say that our title in 07 was a WWe product as well.?

I think the league has been steering outcomes of games with referees for a lot longer than that

BadMotorscooter
06-19-2010, 08:25 PM
I think the league has been steering outcomes of games with referees for a lot longer than that

I agree. So when I see some Spurs fans thinking it is fixed for the Lakers....it makes me laugh.

MavDynasty
06-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Fuck the NBA and their bullshit...celtics got hosed just like the 02 kings and the 06 mavs.

dastrey
06-19-2010, 09:13 PM
The refs let them play the first 3 quarters, then decided to make it a finesse game in the 4th. It was almost as bad as Spurs-Mavs in '06 the way the Lakers were paraded to the line.

dbestpro
06-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Stop watching then.

I did. Many others have too. Ratings where at 11.2 the highest in 12 years, which would have been the lowest rating from 82 to 98. The point is some people didi come to watch looking for a return to the pure game of basketball. There a lot of basketball fans that are just turned off by the poor presentation of a game. In football and baseball you can put any team in the finals and the fans will show up. The same should be the case for basketball if they would just call a clean game. The finals did nothing to reverse the trend of low ratings and the poor presentation that continues in the NBA.

Fabbs
06-19-2010, 10:05 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2009-3/1336749/joeycrawford1.jpg

bobby4germany
06-19-2010, 11:10 PM
^^^^^^^ :lol :lol :lol

Whisky Dog
06-20-2010, 01:21 AM
It's not scripted, but the NBA pattern does seem to be help out the marquee team early in 4th to get them a lead in a close game, then let them play from ahead the rest of the way and hope they don't royally fuck it up.

I'm not sure how the Spurs won 4 titles, there's absolutely no reason why the NBA would want them in the finals.

v2freak
06-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Stop watching then.

Around 2005 I was probably at the top of my game in terms of NBA knowledge. I knew the rosters of all the teams and followed it religiously. When I was bored and saw an NBA game between any two teams, I would watch it.

Nowadays I'm caught off guard that Nate Robinson is on the Celtics. It's tough to quit cold turkey, you know?

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Things like this make me pissed off at my fellow Spurs fans. When they act like little girls and cry about something they dont like. Like the Lakers winning. Here you go, OP and the other posters who agreed....Do you remember the last time we won a championship? It was in '07. We played Cleveland. In the closeout game...game 4...we had 36 free throw attempts....they had 16. And we won by 1 point. I dont care if it was a game 7 or a game 4 for a sweep....we clearly got the calls right? So stop your bitchin'. Or should we say that our title in 07 was a WWe product as well.?

Testify, Bad, testify!

temujin
06-21-2010, 03:32 AM
It's not scripted, but the NBA pattern does seem to be help out the marquee team early in 4th to get them a lead in a close game, then let them play from ahead the rest of the way and hope they don't royally fuck it up.

I'm not sure how the Spurs won 4 titles, there's absolutely no reason why the NBA would want them in the finals.

One word.

Pop.

ynh
06-21-2010, 05:20 AM
If the NBA is scripted they suck pretty bad at it. Unless you really want to think they wanted a Nets/ Spurs final.. Spurs to beat the cavs.. Pistons to beat the lakers.. Pistons/ Spurs final... Hell they even fuck up with the draft if that is supposed to be rigged.. Spurs beat out the Celtics for Duncan.. Seatle and Portland the two top picks in the Oden Durant draft.. Washington getting Wall.

NBA isn't rigged.. The plays throughout the game are being judged by a human.. errors will be made.

Brings me to another thing. Why exactly is it that most fans believe that free throws must be even or close? Free throws are awarded for committing an infraction against the rules, correct? Why is it so hard to believe that one team can commit more than the other or that one team, or player, can put the other team in more positions to make those infractions.

If each team is supposed to have even free throws.. then fuck.. at the start of the game before tip off just have each team select 5 players to shoot 5 free throws a piece then start the game and don't call any fouls.

And to mention a point made in this thread.. if you have the slightest thought it was rigged.. Why the hell are you on an nba basketball board.. why are you wasting your time with it at all?

temujin
06-21-2010, 07:03 AM
If the NBA is scripted they suck pretty bad at it. Unless you really want to think they wanted a Nets/ Spurs final.. Spurs to beat the cavs.. Pistons to beat the lakers.. Pistons/ Spurs final... Hell they even fuck up with the draft if that is supposed to be rigged.. Spurs beat out the Celtics for Duncan.. Seatle and Portland the two top picks in the Oden Durant draft.. Washington getting Wall.

NBA isn't rigged.. The plays throughout the game are being judged by a human.. errors will be made.

Brings me to another thing. Why exactly is it that most fans believe that free throws must be even or close? Free throws are awarded for committing an infraction against the rules, correct? Why is it so hard to believe that one team can commit more than the other or that one team, or player, can put the other team in more positions to make those infractions.

If each team is supposed to have even free throws.. then fuck.. at the start of the game before tip off just have each team select 5 players to shoot 5 free throws a piece then start the game and don't call any fouls.

And to mention a point made in this thread.. if you have the slightest thought it was rigged.. Why the hell are you on an nba basketball board.. why are you wasting your time with it at all?

To make money, what else?

TIMMYD!
06-21-2010, 10:41 AM

That's what's hard to believe, if the NBA doesn't want us to win titles we still managed to get 4 which is hard even for a team with help from the refs.

manufan10
06-21-2010, 10:49 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2009-3/1336749/joeycrawford1.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

spurs10
06-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Sorry to have started a similar thread last night " Help me Spurs fans"...it should be bumped. Good takes here...Badmotorscooter..good point@ 07, but having watched game 4 of that sweep I don't remember us holding, slapping the hell out of the Cavs and getting no-calls. This thread addresses my concerns about fair play and, believe me, my team was long gone by game 7 of the Finals. I'm sure we all don't care how our teams win in the end, but I still don't want to be blinded by my homerism.
I also don't doubt the greatness of Duncan, Gasol, KB, etc. They don't need any one's help to win.....which is why the WWEish vibe of the 4th qtr. of game 7 was unneccesary.

spurs10
06-21-2010, 12:47 PM

Because I'm a big fan and I'm looking for reasons to believe....so far human error is the best I've heard....no bullshit, I want to believe that. Either I will or I'll have to stop watching...

lefty
06-21-2010, 02:22 PM
I<ve been watching 80's and 90's games exclusively

spurs10
06-21-2010, 03:12 PM
I<ve been watching 80's and 90's games exclusively
This!:lol