PDA

View Full Version : The facts and stats behind game 7

BRHornet45
06-18-2010, 04:22 PM
sons this was a poorly played game by both teams, but the stats simply don't lie. The game looked to be somewhat fairly called through the first 3 quarters, but the moment the 4th quarter started the NBA stepped in and took control. As I said last night, with the way this game was called in the 4th quarter it was damn near mathematically impossible for the Celtics to win. They would have had to shoot the ball at least 85-90% to even have a chance due to the ridiculous free throw disparity in favor of the NBA Lakers. Its amazing that the Celtics were even able to keep the game close and only lose by 4 points. If not for the biased officiating the Celtics would have easily won the game by at least 10 points.

now lets just look at the most notable facts from game 7 ...

4th Quarter Free Throws

Lakers: 21
Celtics: 6

That's a 15 point difference and whenever it was only a 4 point game going into the 4th quarter, mathematically the Celtics simply didn't have a chance.

Kobe Bryant's Free Throws vs Boston Celtics Free Throws

Kobe: 15
Entire Celtics Team: 17

How does this happen? Kobe is a fade away jump shooter and was only intentionally fouled once. Did he really earn almost as many free throws as the ENTIRE CELTICS TEAM??? ... oh wait that's right, he was chucking the ball up and shooting 25% so the NBA had to step in and help their poster boy so that his final points number would look half ass decent. as usual roughly half of Kobe's points came from the freebie line.

Team Free Throws

Lakers: 37
Celtics: 17

20 free throw differential is tough to over come, especially whenever 21 of the Lakers 37 freebies came in the 4th quarter stopping the clock and allowing them to catch up. In the last 20 minutes the Lakers shot 25 free throws. Celtics shot only 8. really???

Team Shooting Percentages

FG%: Celtics 41% - Lakers 32%
3PT%: Celtics 38% - Lakers 20%
FT%: Celtics 88% - Lakers 68%

The Celtics shot the ball FAR BETTER in EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY, yet somehow they still lose the game.

Giuseppe
06-18-2010, 04:25 PM
The Celtics shot the ball FAR BETTER in EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY, yet somehow they still lose the game.

Thank, Christ.

Can you imagine what this place would be like otherwise?

Now a whole year again of us Lording it over The Lakers Board at ST.

It ain't shaved pussy, but, it's the next best thing.

Pelicans78
06-18-2010, 04:28 PM
This game was similar to Butler-Duke. Good defense, poor shooting, but intense drama.

BRHornet45
06-18-2010, 04:29 PM
This game was similar to Butler-Duke. Good defense, poor shooting, but intense drama.

except in college basketball the officials actually allow the players to decide the outcome of the game.

cobbler
06-18-2010, 04:32 PM
And BRHornet bringin up the rear... They are making the turn an heading into the stretch for the butthurt whiner of the year sweepstakes. It's HarletHeat and Tampadick neck and neck... and BRHornet closing fast... We have Harlet in the stretch drive my two cheeks with BRHornets nose up his ass... Tampa is fading down the stretch...

They are looking at the finish line... who is is going to be?

BRHornet45
06-18-2010, 04:34 PM
And BRHornet bringin up the rear... They are making the turn an heading into the stretch for the butthurt whiner of the year sweepstakes. It's HarletHeat and Tampadick neck and neck... and BRHornet closing fast... We have Harlet in the stretch drive my two cheeks with BRHornets nose up his ass... Tampa is fading down the stretch...

son are you from Texas?

spurs10
06-18-2010, 04:37 PM
wow...it was too disgusting to watch....at least the "fans" destroyed a lot of cars and shit in L.A.....something tells me this blatant cheating is going to backfire on the NBA. For 3 qtrs. it was a decent game, then millions of people saw the 21 freebies in the 4th.....makes me want to spend my hard earned money on tickets....

BRHornet45
06-18-2010, 04:39 PM
wow...it was too disgusting to watch....at least the "fans" destroyed a lot of cars and shit in L.A.....something tells me this blatant cheating is going to backfire on the NBA. For 3 qtrs. it was a decent game, then millions of people saw the 21 freebies in the 4th.....makes me want to spend my hard earned money on tickets....

son you may as well spend your money on the WWE next time they come to town. at least they will admit their show is scripted, controlled sports entertainment.

Giuseppe
06-18-2010, 04:39 PM

:lol

spursfan1000
06-18-2010, 04:41 PM
The game is done, over, gone. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DAM FREE THROWS/OFFICIATING. I was rooting for the Celtics but damn people are going to be complaing about this game for months/years. Get your mind on the draft.

Killakobe81
06-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Cry me a river ....Ohhh cry me a river ...

BRHornet45
06-18-2010, 04:45 PM
The game is done, over, gone. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DAM FREE THROWS/OFFICIATING. I was rooting for the Celtics but damn people are going to be complaing about this game for months/years. Get your mind on the draft.

son I don't give a damn about either team, but we as fans deserve better than this. The NBA is controlling the outcome of playoff games and last night was about as blatantly obvious as it will get. Its not about complaining, its about exposing the FACTS so that more people will finally wake up and realize what's really going on here. We are all being robbed of what is branded as a professional basketball league.

cobbler
06-18-2010, 04:48 PM
son I don't give a damn about either team, but we as fans deserve better than this. The NBA is controlling the outcome of playoff games and last night was about as blatantly obvious as it will get. Its not about complaining, its about exposing the FACTS so that more people will finally wake up and realize what's really going on here. We are all being robbed of what is branded as a professional basketball league.

You are not a fan. You are a whiney little bitch.

And in 2 years when Byron takes the Laker coaching job an brings CP3 with him... you are going to be a sucidal whiney little bitch.

spursfan1000
06-18-2010, 04:49 PM

I could tell that yesterdays game was rigged, but damn its been going on for years now. NBA fans should get used to it or find another sport really, there's nothing we can do.

Killakobe81
06-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Cry me a river ....Ohhh cry me a river ...

Part of Pierce wants to cry ...:depressed

...the other half wants to strangle Sasha ... :ihit

spursfan1000
06-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Part of Pierce wants to cry ...:depressed

...the other half wants to strangle Sasha ... :ihit

TampaDude
06-18-2010, 04:51 PM

So, pointing out the facts makes one butthurt? Whatever, dude...you know the Lakers were handed the win last night. It would've been funny, though, to see the Celtics win and watch that cesspool known as LA burn to the ground. :lol

BRHornet45
06-18-2010, 04:53 PM
You are not a fan. You are a whiney little bitch.

And in 2 years when Byron takes the Laker coaching job an brings CP3 with him... you are going to be a sucidal whiney little bitch.

son if you really want Byron Scott then please be my guest lol ...

also its no big secret that Paul will be a free agent in 2 years and may leave N.O. .... and if the organization doesn't make some changes this year or next then I don't blame him. regardless though, answer my question ... where are you from cobbler???

cobbler
06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
So, pointing out the facts makes one butthurt? Whatever, dude...you know the Lakers were handed the win last night. It would've been funny, though, to see the Celtics win and watch that cesspool known as LA burn to the ground. :lol

It's nothing but:

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/sourgrapes.jpg

Plain and simple. Your bandwagons fell apart beneath you and you have nothing left to hold on. Funny how we heard none of this whining prior as the Lakers entered the fianls -99 in free throws all while holding home court.

Go figure...

Haters.... got's to hate.... and when it all goes south... whine.

cobbler
06-18-2010, 04:57 PM
son if you really want Byron Scott then please be my guest lol ...

also its no big secret that Paul will be a free agent in 2 years and may leave N.O. .... and if the organization doesn't make some changes this year or next then I don't blame him. regardless though, answer my question ... where are you from cobbler???

I live in Huntington Beach CA. Born and raised in SoCal.

BRHornet45
06-18-2010, 04:58 PM
I live in Huntington Beach CA. Born and raised in SoCal.

well then son at least I'll give you props for supporting the local team. 90% of the Lakers fan base don't even live remotely close to Los Angeles, yet they hop on the bangwagon.

spursfan1000
06-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Im thinking about jumping on the Nets bandwagon :lol

BadOdor
06-18-2010, 05:02 PM
You have to be a pretty big faggot to still watch the NBA if you think it's rigged.

Cue in "but I'm just watching it for the entertainment, like WWE".

lol butthurt whiner. Go back to the WNBA, faggot.

TampaDude
06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
It's nothing but:

Plain and simple. Your bandwagons fell apart beneath you and you have nothing left to hold on. Funny how we heard none of this whining prior as the Lakers entered the fianls -99 in free throws all while holding home court.

Go figure...

So, if the roles were reversed, and the Celtics got handed an extra 20 FTs and won by 4 points and won the title, you'd just shrink away and say nothing? I seriously doubt it. I don't have a problem with the Lakers winning, because they are clearly the best team in the NBA, talent wise. It's HOW they won last night. The refs took control of the game and guided LA to the win, even though the Lakers might have won anyway.

But, we'll never know...the reffing in the NBA is a...what's that word again...a traveshamockery!

cobbler
06-18-2010, 05:06 PM
well then son at least I'll give you props for supporting the local team. 90% of the Lakers fan base don't even live remotely close to Los Angeles, yet they hop on the bangwagon.

:toast

Laker, Dodgers, Kings, Bruins, Trojans for life.

Never waivered with any of them.

HarlemHeat37
06-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Gobbler attended the first game in LA after the Dodgers moved from Brookyln, he's been around..

cobbler
06-18-2010, 05:07 PM
So, if the roles were reversed, and the Celtics got handed an extra 20 FTs and won by 4 points and won the title, you'd just shrink away and say nothing? I seriously doubt it. I don't have a problem with the Lakers winning, because they are clearly the best team in the NBA, talent wise. It's HOW they won last night. The refs took control of the game and guided LA to the win, even though the Lakers might have won anyway.

But, we'll never know...the reffing in the NBA is a...what's that word again...a traveshamockery!

You will not find a post here or anywhere where I blame the refs for any loss. And you never will. Whining about the refs is and always will be a bitch move.

TheMACHINE
06-18-2010, 05:09 PM
4th Quarter Free Throws

Lakers: 21
Celtics: 6

That's a 15 point difference and whenever it was only a 4 point game going into the 4th quarter, mathematically the Celtics simply didn't have a chance.

Fortunately...those free throws in the 4th were justified and VERY OBVIOUS.

NRHector
06-18-2010, 05:19 PM
testify Br testify

JamStone
06-18-2010, 05:19 PM
At least it wasn't a 28 free throw disparity where a scrub bench player got 13 of them...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=280608002

v2freak
06-18-2010, 05:22 PM
It's nothing but:

Go figure...

-99 freethrows? I have to be honest then, that is damn impressive that they still won against those earlier teams they played.

It's already burning to the ground.

TampaDude
06-18-2010, 05:29 PM
-99 freethrows? I have to be honest then, that is damn impressive that they still won against those earlier teams they played.

It's already burning to the ground.

Well, okay then... :lol

TampaDude
06-18-2010, 05:30 PM
You will not find a post here or anywhere where I blame the refs for any loss. And you never will. Whining about the refs is and always will be a bitch move.

If you don't see how the reffing affects the outcome of games, especially in the playoffs, then you just don't want to see it. Calling it a "bitch move" doesn't change the facts. Then again, you're a Lakers fan, so you have nothing to complain about. :lol

cobbler
06-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Gobbler attended the first game in LA after the Dodgers moved from Brookyln, he's been around..

1965 game 5 loss to the Celts to be exact. :toast
The green hatred burns deep.

Why does my age bother you so? Seems petty... even for you.

TampaDude
06-18-2010, 05:32 PM
1965 game 5 loss to the Celts to be exact. :toast
The green hatred burns deep.

Why does my age bother you so? Seems petty... even for you.

Damn...and I thought I was an old fart... :lol

v2freak
06-18-2010, 05:33 PM
If you don't see how the reffing affects the outcome of games, especially in the playoffs, then you just don't want to see it. Calling it a "bitch move" doesn't change the facts. Then again, you're a Lakers fan, so you have nothing to complain about. :lol

I agree with this. If you bitch about the refereeing for no reason, you're a puss. If you ignore what's right in front of your eyes, you're an idiot. Sometimes there is an in-between however.

cobbler
06-18-2010, 05:39 PM

Look, it's part of the game. Home court advantage is exactly what it says... "advantage". Along with that, if you have ever played any sport, refs are human and can be influenced and they make mistakes. In leagues where you see the same refs over years, there are those who you know don't particularly like you as a person or your team as a whole and vice versa. It's part of the game as a player and a coach to know who you are dealing with in that game and to adjust to the way they are calling it.

The Lakers held home court. They were the aggressors in the 4th. The Celts were back on their heals and playing D by reaching, hacking, and not moving their feet. They were gassed. The Lakers turned up the defensive pressure and the Celts resorted to jumpshots. The Lakers were taking it to the rim.

Were a couple calls missed? Of course. Both ways? YES!

Did the refs determine the outcome of game 7. Absolutely NOT.

And all the whining in the world isn't changing the outcome. It's over... man up and move on.

For God's sake... you are sounding like a Suns fan. :wow

TampaDude
06-18-2010, 05:44 PM

v2freak
06-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Look, it's part of the game. Home court advantage is exactly what it says... "advantage". Along with that, if you have ever played any sport, refs are human and can be influenced and they make mistakes. In leagues where you see the same refs over years, there are those who you know don't particularly like you as a person or your team as a whole and vice versa. It's part of the game as a player and a coach to know who you are dealing with in that game and to adjust to the way they are calling it.

The Lakers held home court. They were the aggressors in the 4th. The Celts were back on their heals and playing D by reaching, hacking, and not moving their feet. They were gassed. The Lakers turned up the defensive pressure and the Celts resorted to jumpshots. The Lakers were taking it to the rim.

And all the whining in the world isn't changing the outcome. It's over... man up and move on.

I thought homecourt advantage was about letting a team rest and not have to travel?

cobbler
06-18-2010, 05:56 PM
I thought homecourt advantage was about letting a team rest and not have to travel?

Both teams travel the same. It about having your crowd behind you. It about the excitement in the air, familarity with your own floor, and repetition. If you don't think refs get caught up in the hoopla and excitement surrouding them then you are not being honest with yourself. Humans are humans.

v2freak
06-18-2010, 06:02 PM
:lol both teams do not travel the same. Ask the Celtics

NRHector
06-18-2010, 06:19 PM
:lol both teams do not travel the same. Ask the Celtics:lol well done

TE
06-18-2010, 06:24 PM
You have to be a pretty big faggot to still watch the NBA if you think it's rigged.

Cue in "but I'm just watching it for the entertainment, like WWE".

lol butthurt whiner. Go back to the WNBA, faggot.

You know its easy for you to say that, big ass hypocrite.

HankChinaski
06-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Boston didn't lose because of free throw disparities. It comes down to these simple facts.

1. Played their starting 5 too long in the second half. I know its a game 7 but those guys especially KG looked gassed at the start of the 4th.

2. The injury of Perkins left the celtics bigs weakened and they just didn't have the size to play aggressive on the boards for a full 48 minutes. Not saying if they had perkins they would instantly win. But his minutes were big just like Bynum healthy is big with his minutes. The boards that LA got really hurt Boston but I don't understand how their guards (boston) can't box out guys off the glass better when you have kobe pulling down 15 boards not too sure of that exact number.

3. Ray Allen having to play aggressive defense on Kobe all game and THEN run around screens and just generally move through out the entire game on offense left him with no legs to lift or elevate to finish a jumper. It was a double edge sword for Boston. His defense was severely hurting Kobe especially with the assist defense from guys like Pierce and co. But coming into the 4th and half way into Allen was getting beat by Kobe into the lane and started drawing fouls from boston. What hurt Allen here was that the Tony Allen didn't contribute squat for boston in this game. He would come in and be ineffective which extend Ray's time on the floor in turn making him look like an old vet.

Overall I think this was a hell of a game 7 Finals. Ugliest one i've seen in a long time but I sat through the entirety of it. Doc Rivers coached a good game and Artest really kept that Lakers team from dropping off and losing this game. Only way I saw lakers winning game 7 was if they got something from either odom or artest.

Fabbs
06-20-2010, 07:40 AM
:lol Nicely done.

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Only way I saw lakers winning game 7 was if they got something from either odom or artest.

You knew Artest would come to it.

Odom did the blood work Thursday night.

He never left his feet on that final Boston possession. He didn't have to...and what's best? He knew it.

silverblk mystix
06-20-2010, 08:44 AM

you conveniently forget---or OVERLOOK--some important things---because you are an entitled lakers fan who has always benefited from the nba refs---when it mattered---in crucial situations...

#1) I will give you the part where the celtics fouls were justified----
but the lakers were hacking just as much---if NOT more---and where were those whistles?---swallowed---that is where

when gasol hacks garnett---you even hear that idiot JVG say--the hand is part of the ball--so no foul---AND they replay it several times to allow JVG to sound convincing....

gasol gets blocked by garnett--same or LESS contact---YES, says JVG that was a foul there was contact...blah...blah..

over and over --Artest practically and literally riding on top of pierce's hip---all while using his arms to re-direct pierce's movement and direction----NO fucking call...

but when the celtics try to play the same way----foul---whistle after whistle

#2) what about the gasol travels ---more than once he blatantly traveled---no whistle....

#3) this is ALWAYS overlooked---because the refs KNOW it won't look out of place....

how the lakers were strategically placed in the penalty as early as possible---

if there are 11 minutes to go in a qtr---and the celtics commit a touch foul---such as a blocking foul---or a reach in---it is properly called a foul---no one raises hell---because there are no free throws---no points lost--no drama--but GUESS WHAT?---- the lakers make those SAME fouls---no whistle--no call--of course---no one notices because there would be no free throws anyway...

until three or more of those and---guess what---the lakers are shooting free throws from the 6 minute mark til the end of the quarter----free points ANYTIME the refs decide gasol or kobe were touched---

and disrupting the flow of the celtics game---their morale---whatever---this goes on all the fucking time

finally---

It is so common to dismiss ---anyone--- pointing out the improprieties of the nba---by calling it a bitch move, calling people idiots for still watching,etc...

and, maybe---it is true---maybe we are ALL wrong--and the nba is legit...

but if you see something with your own eyes---and you see it repeatedly---

and it always seems to happen at crucial times....

you have to be honest and call it out---call for an investigation---something---

because---at the end of the day;

we are ALL fans of the game of basketball ...we would like to think that the GAME itself---is something to enjoy---either watching,playing at some level--or just as a fan of a team---and discussing/debating it among fellow fans...

but why is it automatically dismissed when someone brings up the state of the refs---and the recent history of the nba and officiating integrity?

as much as I dislike the lakers---I CAN give them props and believe they also fought throughout ---and--even though I am NOT a celtics fan---it is wrenching to have to witness something ruined---this was going to be a fierce battle to the end---and BOTH teams would have decided the outcome and eventual champ-----but I honestly believe---that the REFS ended up deciding who the winner was---when they didn't need to---unless there is something illicit going on....therefore...that is why you see a lot of what YOU call ..

butthurt posters....

call it whatever---but SOMETHING SMELLS ROTTEN IN NBA-LAND.

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Please God. Please let it go on like this forever.

cobbler
06-20-2010, 02:14 PM
you conveniently forget---or OVERLOOK--some important things---because you are an entitled lakers fan who has always benefited from the nba refs---when it mattered---in crucial situations...

butthurt posters....

call it whatever---but SOMETHING SMELLS ROTTEN IN NBA-LAND.

Unless the Spurs win... then it's all Kosher!!!

Spurfan morphing into Sunsfan before our eyes!!!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Watch the game! See who the aggressors were in the 2nd half. Look who was dead tired and playing reaching hacking D. Could you not see the Lakers playing great switching D down the the stretch and limiting the Celts to just a couple drives to the rim? If it was the other way around we would be hearing how the Celts were tougher and took it to the Lakers and how the Lakers were soft pussies. But no... this way... it's just crooked.

I love all the, "yeah I really hate the Lakers, but from an unbiased opinion" bullshit. Cry me a fucking river. I got 16 and all the laughs you supply change nothing!!!!

Keep it coming... I can listen to this all off season. It's just... just... beautiful!!!