PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about my SPURS association ps3 nba 2k10

spursfan1000
06-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Just about a week ago I started a Spurs association, I made a couple of changes, to make it look like what I would want the Spurs to be.

PG: Parker/Hill
SG: Manu/Mason
SF: Nocioni/Bogans
PF: Duncan/Sean Williams/Reggie Evans
C: Carl Landry/Antonio Mcdyess

I signed Sean Williams for the MLE as soon as I started my association.

At first I traded Richard Jefferson for Hedo and Reggie Evans, but then I realized Hedo is a bum.

Then I traded Hedo and Blair for Tayshaun Prince, he was too slow really so I decided to shop him.

I then traded Prince and Bonner for Carl Landry and Nocioni, which will probably be my last move since Nocioni and Landry are studs.

I'm currently 2nd in west 8-1 behind Lakers 10-1.

Parker: 21 PPG, 8 ASP, 1 RPG
Ginobili: 28 PPG, 6 ASP, 4 RPG (team captain)
Duncan: 21 PPG, 2 ASP, 8 RPG
Hill: 8 PPG, 3 ASP, 1 RPG

If a admin decides to move this I have no problem, but technically this is Spurs related.

TimDunkem
06-18-2010, 05:13 PM
If this was real life it would be terrible, but in 2k Sean Williams is a stud. So, good move. :lol

spursfan1000
06-18-2010, 05:14 PM
If this was real life it would be terrible, but in 2k Sean Williams is a stud. So, good move. :lol

Yeah basically but my big 3 can lead me to a championship :toast

TimDunkem
06-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Did you have trouble rebounding with Blair in 2k? He gets out rebounded by almost everyone even with his rebounding, and hustle numbers maxed out.

2k doesn't account for length. AT ALL. Yao, for example, is God in this game!

spursfan1000
06-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Did you have trouble rebounding with Blair in 2k? He gets out rebounded by almost everyone even with his rebounding, and hustle numbers maxed out.

Yeah he wasnt as good at grabbing boards as I thought he would be, so I shipped his ass for Prince lol. I like Williams alot better, he averages around 1.5 blocks in like 5 min per game.

Seventyniner
06-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Players that do the little things well (Bowen, Prince, etc) seem to always be underrated in these games, while inefficient scorers (Granger!) are overrated. Same with height or lack thereof.

Spursfan092120
06-18-2010, 06:38 PM

Blair's a beast on the boards on Live 10..they take length under consideration.

duhoh
06-18-2010, 09:18 PM
i have no problems grabbing boards with blair.

TimDunkem
06-18-2010, 09:19 PM
i have no problems grabbing boards with blair.
On HOF mode? I'm talking about offensive boards as well.

duhoh
06-18-2010, 09:20 PM
i only play on HoF. but then, i attribute it to playing "My Player" mode and building up a 6' 9" PF from a 40 rating to a 95 rating. you learn how to position and time jumps pretty well when you're in the playoffs :D

but then, i'm a guy that loves to play defense only. don't really care too much on offense.

TimDunkem
06-18-2010, 09:31 PM
i only play on HoF. but then, i attribute it to playing "My Player" mode and building up a 6' 9" PF from a 40 rating to a 95 rating. you learn how to position and time jumps pretty well when you're in the playoffs :D

but then, i'm a guy that loves to play defense only. don't really care too much on offense.

I have my Blair listed at 6'5.

spursfan1000
06-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Well I usually dont control the big men to grab rebounds, I play on ball defense.

duhoh
06-19-2010, 12:36 PM
I have my Blair listed at 6'5.

i know, but using an undersized PF will teach you how to out-rebound everyone in the My Player mode. using my guy as an example.

boxing out is huge. but boxing out with SA isn't the most easiest thing to do though :lol

TimDunkem
06-19-2010, 01:28 PM
i know, but using an undersized PF will teach you how to out-rebound everyone in the My Player mode. using my guy as an example.

boxing out is huge. but boxing out with SA isn't the most easiest thing to do though :lol
One-on-one box outs are easy on the defensive end (although you can have more athletic players jumping over your back without an over the back call. Especially with DeJuan.), but it's the offensive boards I have problem with.

Maybe it's my controller, or the game, but once a ball goes up I can't seem to switch to the big man I select with the RB button. (Really, sometimes the controls are so unresponsive.)

I don't play My Player by the way. There are so many bugs in that mode that ruined it for me. :depressed

007nites
06-19-2010, 03:04 PM
I roll with the Camby and Duncan combo and I get every single block and rebound.

duhoh
06-19-2010, 09:57 PM
One-on-one box outs are easy on the defensive end (although you can have more athletic players jumping over your back without an over the back call. Especially with DeJuan.), but it's the offensive boards I have problem with.

Maybe it's my controller, or the game, but once a ball goes up I can't seem to switch to the big man I select with the RB button. (Really, sometimes the controls are so unresponsive.)

I don't play My Player by the way. There are so many bugs in that mode that ruined it for me. :depressed

yeah, it took me a while to learn the timing for offensive boards. it isn't an instant jump like defensive rebounding is. but it requires earlier positioning, and button pressing. i think it's like that to set up for put-back dunks, which are VERY satisfying to pull off :king

TheChillFactor
06-20-2010, 07:12 AM
Here's mine - not sure if you have to register to read it:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/basketball-dynasties/392699-soft-boring-dirty-old-floppers-san-antonio-spurs.html

I'm 54 games into the season and I've played every game.

And yes, I'm a dork.

spursfan1000
06-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Here's mine - not sure if you have to register to read it:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/basketball-dynasties/392699-soft-boring-dirty-old-floppers-san-antonio-spurs.html

I'm 54 games into the season and I've played every game.

And yes, I'm a dork.

Great job bro, I would do the same thing if I knew how to organize all th graphics together and make tables. It's weird to see how teams are playing so much different in my franchise and in your franchise.

TheChillFactor
06-20-2010, 08:50 PM
if you really want to do it you can just highlight and copy the posts.

spursfan1000
06-20-2010, 09:25 PM
if you really want to do it you can just highlight and copy the posts.

well im already 12 games into the season so its kinda late to start now

spursfan1000
06-21-2010, 06:04 PM
I traded Mason for Morrow. Do you guys think that was a good trade/

8FOR!3
06-22-2010, 11:12 PM
I traded Mason for Morrow. Do you guys think that was a good trade/

In real life, yes. In the game, no. Mason shoots lights out in the game for me most of the time.