PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Durant recruiting FA's

PGDynasty24
06-18-2010, 06:14 PM
They have cap room. And they are going to continue to improve,but the one thing holding them back from being a contender is a Low Post Presence. Nick Collison and that one bald euro guy aren't going to work

Goran Dragic
06-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Durant plays in Methlahoma City, deep down he knows no sane free agent will wanna sign in that pisshole.

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Does Laker fan not know you can't do that until July 1?

PGDynasty24
06-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Does Laker fan not know you can't do that until July 1?

Wade is doing it. Lebron did it last offseason

Kevin Durant 35
06-18-2010, 07:48 PM
OKC is leaving space for 2011 they will need to give Durant a big contract.

HarlemHeat37
06-18-2010, 07:58 PM
OKC is going nowhere with Jeff Green on the roster..

MavDynasty
06-18-2010, 08:28 PM
durants bolting that shithole once his contract is over unless something significant happens (finals appearance, big name FA, WCF appearance etc)

Findog
06-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Durant will resign with the ex-Sonics unfortunately. Hate the uniforms, the city they play in and the guy that owns them, but Presti has done a terrific job putting that team together.

Sisk
06-18-2010, 11:23 PM
He's said himself he wants to stay in OKC.. He wants to build that franchise, and I hope he stays.

tdunk21
06-19-2010, 12:04 AM
that team could be scary with one of these big name free agents.....but i doubt anyone would want to sign with oklahoma....

Bob Lanier
06-19-2010, 01:40 AM
How would you know what Kevin Durant is or isn't doing?

tomtom
06-19-2010, 02:45 AM
They'll need to space to secure westbrook durant and green. Honestly all they need is a dominant center and develop the rest of the guys

MiamiHeat
06-19-2010, 04:49 AM
The city he plays in.

mingus
06-19-2010, 06:04 AM
OKC is going nowhere with Jeff Green on the roster..

On the roster? C'mon.

I think ideally Jeff Green is a 6th man. it's not his fault he's being asked to play over his head.

this team needs a true power forward. Bosh, Amare, Boozer will be sought after by OKC. OKC would be stupid not to make a play for them.

as far as guys not wanting to sign there because of the city...Boozer signed with Utah. he's a guy that's showed some love for small market cities, so he might be the frontrunner there. all you know is that one of these guys isn't going to be with either Wade or Lebron, assumming Lebron leaves. I would say the next best thing for whichever guy if is has got to take a serious look at OKC if winning is a priority for him.

pauls931
06-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Because he hates OKC and plans to bail at the first opportunity.

JamStone
06-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Carlos Boozer signed with Utah because he was getting paid on a second round contract by Cleveland, tricked the Cavs into letting him out of it, and Utah came in with a huge contract offer he wasn't going to get from any other team that summer. He didn't show love to a small market team. He showed love for a fat paycheck. Boozer wants to be in Miami anyway. He doesn't really want to stay in Utah unless that's where the most money is.

mingus
06-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Carlos Boozer signed with Utah because he was getting paid on a second round contract by Cleveland, tricked the Cavs into letting him out of it, and Utah came in with a huge contract offer he wasn't going to get from any other team that summer. He didn't show love to a small market team. He showed love for a fat paycheck. Boozer wants to be in Miami anyway. He doesn't really want to stay in Utah unless that's where the most money is.

I meant he is willing to sign with a small market team when I said he showed love. Even if it's for the right price.

mingus
06-19-2010, 11:33 AM
I personally think he will be the odd man out. bosh I think will wind up with Wade while Amare goes with lebron. okc will go after boozer hard if that is the case

Goran Dragic
06-19-2010, 11:57 AM

Thank you. Boozer is the anti-Christ, he isn't some feel good story who loves small market teams.

duhoh
06-19-2010, 12:44 PM
OKC is leaving space for 2011 they will need to give Durant a big contract.

ditto. they're leaving that for the fatty contracts.

mingus
06-19-2010, 12:53 PM
guys, i don't think Boozer expecially likes small market teams. he's willing, though, for the money. where as guys like Bosh and Amare i think are pretty set on signing with big market teams. i'm just refuting the claims that have been made that OKC is too shitty a city for a FA to sign. for Boozer, there are other motives, as he showed by signing with the Jazz.

they would be an instant contender if the can sign him.

mingus
06-19-2010, 12:57 PM
i think OKC should go over the luxury to sign Boozer. i realize that's a lot of money, but for the next 5 or so years they would be contenders with Boozer/Durant/Westbrook. plus, the owner is a billionaire.