PDA

View Full Version : FRANCE: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home

Dinamita
06-19-2010, 11:42 AM
France striker Nicolas Anelka has been sent home from the World Cup, the French Football Federation have confirmed.

Anelka was reportedly embroiled in war of words with Raymond Domenech at half-time in the 2-0 defeat to Mexico, in which was alleged to have told the much-maligned Les Bleus' coach "go screw yourself, dirty son of a whore".

And after refusing to apologise to Domenech for the exchange, the Chelsea striker has been told he must leave South Africa before France's must-win final group game against South Africa.

Anelka was absent from training on Saturday after the bust-up, which saw him substituted at the interval. He was asked to apologise by French Football Federation (FFF) president Jean-Pierre Escalettes and, upon refusing to do so, was asked to leave the squad.

"He will leave the Team France camp this evening,'' said a statement onthe FFF's official website.

The incident invokes memories of the 2002 World Cup, when former Manchester United captain Roy Keane was sent home from the Ireland squad before the tournament in Japan and South Korea began, following a training ground spat with coach Mick McCarthy.

And at the 1996 European Championships, Netherlands star Edgar Davids was sent home by boss Guus Hiddink, after saying in a radio interview that "Hiddink must take his head out of players' asses, so he can see better".

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/798962/ce/uk/?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5901&ver=us

:lol:lmao:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2010, 11:49 AM
lol cockcoaches...

Bukefal
06-19-2010, 11:50 AM
:wow :lol

Anyway, Domenech should be going home, and not waiting until after the WC, but now. Make a statement, take the blame and quit today.

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2010, 11:59 AM
:wow :lol

Anyway, Domenech should be going home, and not waiting until after the WC, but now. Make a statement, take the blame and quit today.

i think theres a few coaches will be losing their jobs...u can tell by the shit the teams are playing atm, aka england...australia...who else?

ElNono
06-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Might aswell ship the whole team...

IronMexican
06-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Nobody wants to play for Domenech right now anyways.

boston.balla
06-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Nobody wants to play for Domenech right now anyways.

with france's roster even lakaluva would qualify to the knockout stage ... that's how bad Domenech is :lmao

sonic21
06-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Too much egos on the team. But according to many sources Ribery and Gallas are worst teamnates than anelka.

Oh and fuck Domenech.

Muser
06-19-2010, 04:02 PM
You gotta feel sorry for Ireland to be replace by this shambles of a team.

ffadicted
06-19-2010, 04:19 PM
You gotta feel sorry for Ireland to be replace by this shambles of a team.

Actually I'm pretty sure if I was Irish I would be so happy with all that's happening to France now lol

boston.balla
06-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure if I was Irish I would be so happy with all that's happening to France now lol

nobody is happy to be left at home. especially that people will consider that you've got eliminated from the finals by a nothing team like france

Libri
06-19-2010, 05:18 PM
BREAKING NEWS: France Striker Nicolas Anelka To Retire From International Football After Being Sent Home From World Cup 2010 - Report

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/19/1985328/breaking-news-france-striker-nicolas-anelka-to-retire-from

ElNono
06-19-2010, 07:05 PM
BREAKING NEWS: France Striker Nicolas Anelka To Retire From International Football After Being Sent Home From World Cup 2010 - Report

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/19/1985328/breaking-news-france-striker-nicolas-anelka-to-retire-from

This is good news for the next coach...

Whisky Dog
06-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Two thousand dimes and a nickle says he changes his mind once Domenech is gone and the emotional feelings over this has blown over. He'll be there for Euro 2012.

Bukefal
06-20-2010, 04:14 AM
Two thousand dimes and a nickle says he changes his mind once Domenech is gone and the emotional feelings over this has blown over. He'll be there for Euro 2012.

He can change his mind all that he wants. But I don't think another coach would even call him up for the team. It was with Domenech who did so. Anelka always had issues.

Whisky Dog
06-20-2010, 09:51 AM
He can change his mind all that he wants. But I don't think another coach would even call him up for the team. It was with Domenech who did so. Anelka always had issues.

It all depends on how he plays. If he starts lighting it up on club level they'll take him back.

Pistons < Spurs
06-20-2010, 10:14 AM
France director resigns amid disarray

A day after a player was sent home for insulting the coach, France team director Jean-Louis Valentin said the World Cup team is refusing to train following a dispute on the practice field.

Valentin also said he has resigned from the French football federation, saying he was fed up.

"It's a scandal for the French, for the young people here. It's a scandal for the federation and the French team," Valentin said. "They don't want to train. It's unacceptable.

France's team page
For more about Les Bleus and their chances in South Africa this summer, click here.

"As for me, it's over. I'm leaving the federation. I'm sickened and disgusted," said Valentin, who walked away from the training field, got into a car and drove off.

The latest chaotic scene follows Saturday's trouble when striker Nicolas Anelka was banished for insulting coach Raymond Domenech, whose tactics and management skills have been called into question.

The team arrived at training Sunday, but a few minutes after taking the field, fitness coach Robert Duverne stormed away following an argument with Domenech. Duverne threw his accreditation badge to the ground after a heated discussion and walked away.

The players then boarded the team bus.

Domenech said he gave Anelka the chance to apologize for his profanity-laced outburst, and that his refusal to do so justified his expulsion from the French World Cup team.

Anelka was sent home Saturday, hours after revelations of his angry tirade was revealed by sports daily L'Equipe.

Domenech said on the French television show Telefoot on Sunday that "I gave him the chance to come and talk and to say sorry" but that "he didn't want to and that's why I went along" with the French soccer federation's decision to throw Anelka out.

Domenech added it was not "a personal problem between the coach and the player," but "a problem concerning the federation and the image of the French team."

France is in third place in Group A with 1 point, thanks to a scoreless draw with surprising Uruguay and a 2-0 loss to Mexico. The team is scheduled to complete group play against hosts South Africa on Tuesday.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/5307299/ce/us/france-team-director-jean-louis-valentin-resigns-says-team-refused-practice?cc=5901&ver=us

Kobayagi
06-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Patrice Evra got into a fight with one of the assistant coaches during today's practice.

Bukefal
06-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Unbelievable.

As ive said above. Domenech should go. He just needs to leave. Take the blame and get out of there. He should just quit now.

Spurologist
06-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Patrice Evra got into a fight with one of the assistant coaches during today's practice.

AND he's the captain :lmao

link?

Bukefal
06-20-2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.totalfootballmadness.com/2010/06/20/patrice-evra-and-fitness-coach-robert-duverne-fight-video/

aODrSmKUCUE

ElNono
06-20-2010, 11:21 AM
LMAO

Exploding from within... The French federation is to blame though

sefant77
06-20-2010, 01:04 PM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/108/1277045503819.png

Bukefal
06-20-2010, 04:01 PM
lJh_6s0B_Ms

ElNono
06-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Merde! :lol

Bukefal
06-20-2010, 04:07 PM
:lol

Spurologist
06-20-2010, 09:42 PM
lJh_6s0B_Ms

Je suis desole pour les supporteurs francais. C'est dommage.

The French team was already looked upon in a negative light after the handball incident....then this happens. C'est pas croyable.

ElNono
06-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Je suis desole pour les supporteurs francais. C'est dommage.

The French team was already looked upon in a negative light after the handball incident....then this happens. C'est pas croyable.

Incroyable, en effet !!

DesignatedT
06-20-2010, 11:39 PM
france is a joke.

Bukefal
07-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Anelka can't play for the national team ever again. Not that his chances for playing would be so great under a new coach I think, but he is banned.

ffadicted
07-03-2010, 12:51 PM
lol Italia

Brazil
07-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Anelka can't play for the national team ever again. Not that his chances for playing would be so great under a new coach I think, but he is banned.

it's over anyway for him, he will be remembered as one the most wasted talent in France.
it's also over for IMO henry gallas govou maybe ribery malouda abidal...

time to build something around lloris, diaby, gourcuff, benzema