PDA

View Full Version : Richard jefferson...

robot89
06-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Any word on him is he going to opt out.
If not do u think the spurs will look to move him?
I want him to stay i think he will have a much better season.

Blackjack
06-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Not sure. I'll get on the phone and ask him what he's going to do; I guess I might as well give Pop a call and let him know that ST would like to know his plans on the trade front, as well.

Seems easy enough. :tu

tdunk21
06-19-2010, 11:59 AM

no word on it yet....looks like he is staying....if he doesnt fit well by the trade deadline,i can see the spurs trading him by the deadline....

Leetonidas
06-19-2010, 11:59 AM
He's not opting out, it would hurt him and us too much. That fucker better get his shit together and play better next season. With Tiago coming over, the pressure is off Jeff.

Mel_13
06-19-2010, 12:03 PM

Discussion here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148362

Not sure. I'll get on the phone and ask him what he's going to do; I guess I might as well give Pop a call and let him know that ST would like to know his plans on the trade front, as well.

Saucy and blue.

Blackjack
06-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Blue sauce.

And no ... it doesn't originate from Smurfs.

Ditty
06-19-2010, 12:08 PM
i doubt he does but im giving him to the all star break for next year to come around if not trade his ass

Leetonidas
06-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Plus, he better start playing better. Contract year.

Sense
06-19-2010, 12:22 PM
If you don't see it on the forums, then no... no word on it.

Blackjack
06-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Good, I'm glad this is picking up. I would have thought you seriously knew RJ.

Like I said in the other thread, we got 'lax in using the blue over the last couple years. We failed to remember that new people join here all the time and you can't assume everyone gets you and your sarcasm.

That being said ...

let's sign RJ to an extension ASAP! :hungry:

duhoh
06-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Like I said in the other thread, we got 'lax in using the blue over the last couple years. We failed to remember that new people join here all the time and you can't assume everyone gets you and your sarcasm.

That being said ...

let's sign RJ to an extension ASAP! :hungry:

Do it Buford! :lol

Sigz
06-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Dick sucks.

baseline bum
06-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I think the Spurs are going to keep his sorry ass and let the contract run out next season. No way the franchise can afford to trade his deal for something long-term and thus be stuck with a payroll like this season's for the next 4-5 years.

SenorSpur
06-19-2010, 08:53 PM
I dont think hes opting out.....I think he will play much better next season. That said I would be open to moving him. One deal I have thought about is with NO who is looking to move Okafor and Peja........RJ for Either and thier first rounder could help both teams. It would give us either A a great post defender who can rebound and score a bit inside while allowing us to draft a swingman such as Henry or George and later add another player we can bring along slowly like Orton or Alabi at 20....

Or we get a shooter in Peja and use the first round pick on his future replacement and either add depth at C or SF

Have you watched at Peja the past 2 seasons or so? He's been oft-injured most of the time and ineffective the rest of the time. He's also got a killer contract (like RJ). Still, he'd be a bad option.

ChuckD
06-19-2010, 09:22 PM
I think the Spurs are going to keep his sorry ass and let the contract run out next season. No way the franchise can afford to trade his deal for something long-term and thus be stuck with a payroll like this season's for the next 4-5 years.

Long term? No. I can see them taking on something in the 2-3 year range IF there were a good young player or high draft pick included, though.

Rito3d30
06-19-2010, 09:28 PM

last year was RMJ contract year too:depressed

Mrlunt925
06-20-2010, 11:21 AM
would you give up a $10+ million dollar paycheck?

E-RockWill
06-20-2010, 11:58 AM
would you give up a $10+ million dollar paycheck?

I believe it is more, like,......(gulp)...$15 million. I can see the logic in him opting out, take less money but play more years. I would wonder after the 2nd tier of free agents are gone this year, what offers come up.
I really don't think he will. He better know somebody wants him though.....

SenorSpur
06-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Don't know if this has been posted, but an interesting article on RJ, from Poundtherock:

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/6/19/1526706/rj-waylon-jennings-said-it-best

mingus
06-20-2010, 01:53 PM
i'm hoping to God that Pop hammered it into RJ's brain that he needs to become a better 3-point shooter. the two best players on the team - Manu and Parker - require spacing in order to do what they do best, which is penetrate. if we come back next year a poor 3-point shooting team we'll have the same results as this year. i think of all the needs that this team has - better, lock-down perimiter defender, interior shot-blocking - 3-point shooting is at the top. it might not be that far are from the others, but it's a the top.

Parker2112
06-20-2010, 01:58 PM

As much as it doesnt make sense for him to opt out of his current deal, this is why it does. Does he want to risk career lows in a contract year?

Does he really trust other teams to think he can pull it together in a difft system?

Vito Corleone
06-20-2010, 02:23 PM
One thing to remember is guys in contract years generally play much better. I'm holding out hope one of two things happen, he either has a great season, or he gets traded for a guy like Okafur.

eisfeld
06-20-2010, 03:12 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope he does not opt out.
It would make a lot of sense for him to do so - this is the season teams have a lot of cap space and he might net a 3 year 20 Million deal somewhere.

Still, he is a nice trade asset at the trade deadline for the Spurs. Even more if he manages to play better next season. This way the Spurs can get much more value in return.

robot89
06-20-2010, 04:16 PM

Nicee...Cunt

spursfan1000
06-20-2010, 06:20 PM
I hope he stays, I don't see Spurs getting anyone better then RJ since we are going to sign Splittler. Lets keep him and if he dosen't live up to our expectations next season lets trade him.