PDA

View Full Version : To all the lame conspiracy theorists

Kamnik
06-20-2010, 07:47 AM
I for one am ready to give the Lakers some credit.

They sorounded their superstar player (many teams have a player of such caliber) with big big frontcourt in Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Furthermore it is obvious to everyone that Fisher is a champion in how he plays and acts. Yes, the guy can be dirty, usless during regular season and flops a lot but you can't deny he is a WINNER.

And to be able to bring Artest in and make him a productive factor and not a locker room disturbance.

Give them credit and stop the bullshit about league conspiracy. If the NBA would really be rigged Lebron would have ring or 2 by now and Spurs would have 0...

Even Vujačič who must be one of the most hated and annoying players did his part with late free throws.

You can hate the Lakers (as most of us do), but you have to give them respect to know how to win...

Fabbs
06-20-2010, 08:01 AM
http://fansided.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/laker_fanlq.jpg

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Poor Fabbs, his worst nightmare come to fruition.

Yet another 12 months ahead of ya, stinkpot. Adding that to the last 12 months makes it a nice chunk of time. Consider it a habit now, Fabbs.

ha, ha.

Fabbs
06-20-2010, 08:15 AM
To the contrary, i have business interests that sell Laker products to Laker fanbois.

Business has never been better, and that's saying a lot considering the perple n golds history both recent and past.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156376&highlight=MultiTroll

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Sure.

cobbler
06-20-2010, 02:38 PM
To the contrary, i have business interests that sell Laker products to Laker fanbois.

Business has never been better, and that's saying a lot considering the perple n golds history both recent and past.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156376&highlight=MultiTroll

No doubt you in the pic hawking the goods! :lol

v2freak
06-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Since 1980, only one NBA finals (2006 which was also very suspect in the way it was refereed) did not involve the Celtics, Bulls, Pistons, Rockets, Lakers or Spurs. I find this to be very interesting. Does it mean that the league is naturally saturated in terms of power balance? Maybe, maybe not.

Also, I find no credence in the argument that 'if the league is fixed, the Spurs would have 0 titles.' Do you think if someone were planning something big, they would make it really obvious? Would the only proof for fixing be the Lakers winning 10 times in a row? Conversely, I also don't buy that the Spurs were "so good" they beat the system if the system is indeed fixed however. Another poster pointed out that in the 2007 finals, San Antonio actually got substantially more free throw attempts than the Cavs. This shouldn't be ignored either.

To sum up, what I'm saying is if Stern or whoever conspired to put the teams he wanted in the Finals, he wouldn't omit solid teams like the Mavericks and Spurs 10 years in a row, he would try to cover his tracks a bit. This could translate to the Spurs getting some help in the playoffs to further cover tracks, even when it was in the league's interest for the series to go longer than 4 games.

Of course, this is all if the NBA is scripted.

cobbler
06-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Do you honestly think Sterns would prefer the Magic vs Lakers matchup last year as opposed to the Cav's vs Lakers Lebron vs Kobe circus?

It's laughable to say the least. The Lakers are fortunate in so many ways. Great ownership who is willing to fork up to win. The best coach in the game at the moment. Local, local, local. History and tradition.