PDA

View Full Version : Going into next season, who is the top ranked NBA player?

RsxPiimp
06-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Kobe led his team a back to back championship. Lebron had a back to back phenomenal MVP run. Lebron is the best player in the regular season while Kobe had an extra gear in the playoffs. In terms of popularity among fans, Kobe I believe has the slight advantage, the Lakers just covers a wider scope of basketball fans even more now that he just won another championship, but in terms of overall marketing power (endorsements) Lebron is still the top money maker in the NBA.

Statistically, Lebron is the best player, while Kobe is still the better skilled athlete so really its a unique situation. I think the comparison of these two are more similar to the Magic-Bird era, it was a constant tug of war in terms of who is considered as the best/top/most popular player in the 80's.

So, if you have to pick, do you put emphasis on Kobe's great playoff run (who had more help than Lebron) or value Lebron's overall contribution and dominance with the Cavaliers?

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 09:05 AM
James was exposed in these playoffs. He couldn't find big time if his life depended on it.

James is a marketing tool, like that Flo chick for Progressive.

Ashy Larry
06-20-2010, 09:20 AM
James was exposed in these playoffs. He couldn't find big time if his life depended on it.

James is a marketing tool, like that Flo chick for Progressive.

She'd better get some insurance for that cooch after I'm done with her. Damn, I'd hit that.

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 09:25 AM
She'd better get some insurance for that cooch after I'm done with her. Damn, I'd hit that.

Yep. Getting her to be quiet and holt still would be a problem, but, she is the goods.

Nahtanoj
06-20-2010, 09:34 AM
I think the comparison of these two are more similar to the Magic-Bird era, it was a constant tug of war in terms of who is considered as the best/top/most popular player in the 80's.

Larry Bird and Magic Johnson won Championships and met in the Finals many times so this isn't even a good example. Would be better if you went with Magic/Larry-Jordan in the 80s.

Ashy Larry
06-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Yep. Getting her to be quiet and holt still would be a problem, but, she is the goods.

naw, wouldn't hafta hold her still. I like a chick that move. Nothing is worse than a dead lay. Might get free insurance out the deal too.

Back to the thread.....

LeBron is more productive but when it comes to money time and playoffs is money time, I'll always go with Kobe.

easy7
06-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Maybe you should have asked who it was this year. There is no telling what will happen next year. If it was this year Kobe will win hands down.

silverblk mystix
06-20-2010, 09:48 AM
what is the purpose of a designated kobe thread...

when every other thread in the nba forum is about kobe also?

JamStone
06-20-2010, 10:22 AM
LeBron is the better, more talented, more dominant individual player. He has been for a while now. I don't think his playoff flame out changes that. LeBron dominates the game more and in more aspects of the game. He's the single best individual talent in the league.

His losing to the Celtics and the manner in which he lost and Kobe and the Lakers winning the title didn't really change that or change the distinction between the two. Where Kobe has the edge are skill, mental toughness, and clutchness (despite his game 7 choke of a performance). Kobe is once again a champion and I think he'd rather have that than some media driven title of "best player in the world."

LeBron is the better player.

MiamiHeat
06-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Wade, LeBron, and Durant are all better players than Bryant right now

ffadicted
06-20-2010, 10:49 AM
lol only an ubber homer or ubber hater would vote for Kobe

Leetonidas
06-20-2010, 10:52 AM
It's LeBron. And it has been for awhile. And I hate that fucker more than Kobe, but c'mon, it's easy to see who the best talent in the NBA is. Bryant has a way better team and coach anyway, you put LeBron on the Lakers and they probably assrape everyone on their way to the Finals.

TheMACHINE
06-20-2010, 11:00 AM
I'd pick Lebron if i wanted the #1 seed in the NBA.

TheNextGen
06-20-2010, 11:03 AM
It's LeBron. And it has been for awhile. And I hate that fucker more than Kobe, but c'mon, it's easy to see who the best talent in the NBA is. Bryant has a way better team and coach anyway, you put LeBron on the Lakers and they probably assrape everyone on their way to the Finals.

Yah Lebron's team was so horrible that they got the best record two times in a row. :rolleyes

TheGreatest23
06-20-2010, 11:05 AM

If I was on the Spurs instead of Duncan, I'd ass rape everyone on my way to the Finals, instead of laying an egg against the Suns.

Kevin Durant 35
06-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Yah Lebron's team was so horrible that they got the best record two times in a row. :rolleyes

LeBrons team just dont know how to play in the playoffs.

baseline bum
06-20-2010, 12:00 PM
LeBron easily. Kobe having the teammates to make up for his pedestrian series against Boston doesn't change that. People arguing Kobe>LeBron are acting like the same morons who said Jordan was a loser who would never win a ring (and there were tons of them) in the 80s.

Pelicans78
06-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Julian Wrong

j.dizzle
06-20-2010, 12:10 PM
During the regular season- "The Cavs are clearly the best team in the league. Deepest & best defensive team." Just look at how close they are, they're not gonna let anybody get in their way to the title this year."

After the season- "Lebron doesn't have enough help" LMAO same excuses year after year.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2010, 12:33 PM
if lebron wins mvp then ima stop

baseline bum
06-20-2010, 12:37 PM
During the regular season- "The Cavs are clearly the best team in the league. Deepest & best defensive team." Just look at how close they are, they're not gonna let anybody get in their way to the title this year."

After the season- "Lebron doesn't have enough help" LMAO same excuses year after year.

So would you trade Gasol for Mo Williams? Bynum for Varejao? Odom for Jamison? Artest for Shaq? Fisher for West or Ilguaskas?

j.dizzle
06-20-2010, 01:08 PM
So would you trade Gasol for Mo Williams? Bynum for Varejao? Odom for Jamison? Artest for Shaq? Fisher for West or Ilguaskas?
Well according to ppl on this forum..Gasol is soft, Bynum is an avg center , Artest is gonna blow up any minute & Odom is an airhead lmao.

A team that wins 60+ games two years straight has no excuses. Cant even get to the finals :lmao

Fabbs
06-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Well according to ppl on this forum..Gasol is soft, Bynum is an avg center , Artest is gonna blow up any minute & Odom is an airhead lmao.

A team that wins 60+ games two years straight has no excuses. Cant even get to the finals :lmao
Yes but Joey Crawford has their back. :lmao

baseline bum
06-20-2010, 03:16 PM

Nice dodge of the question. I wouldn't answer it either if I was trying to make your argument.

silverblk mystix
06-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Stern.

Muser
06-20-2010, 03:45 PM
LeBron. Top ranked player in the clutch is a different outcome though.

dirk4mvp
06-20-2010, 03:47 PM
LeBron. Top ranked player in the clutch is a different outcome though.

That wouldn't be Kobe either, tbh.

IronMexican
06-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Andrew Bynum is the only answer. Player of the year every year.

namlook
06-20-2010, 04:02 PM
That wouldn't be Kobe either, tbh.

Top ranked winner in the NBA is Kobe. The game is played to win, not for stats.

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Kobe fans weren't saying that when we were saying Duncan and Lebron were the best in 2007..the criteria all changed once Kobe started winning again..

Ghazi
06-20-2010, 05:13 PM
If there was a debate it would be Wade v Lebron, not Kobe v Lebron.

Also, Durant is not better than Kobe yet. I don't like the fact that a wing player averages more turnovers than assists..

Ghazi
06-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Remember, after the refs gifted the Heat a title in '06 a poll on ESPN had more people thinking Whistle was the best player in the world than any other player.

It's amazing sometimes how refs, luck, and supporting casts can influence the perception of a player, or his legacy, etc.

sribb43
06-20-2010, 05:20 PM
6-24

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 05:21 PM
luck

Testify, Ghazi, testify. That late inbounds on the sideline that went off Kobe, hit Rondo, bounced on the sideline stripe and out of bounds.

Andrew Bynum
06-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Lebron, it's quite obvious by now..

Lakers will win the title again though.

namlook
06-20-2010, 05:56 PM
6-24

What's your point? Jordan shot 26% in the deciding game of the 1996 finals. It happens to everyone.

Cleveland Steamer
06-20-2010, 09:48 PM
uh, i think it's Lebron.

Mr Bones
06-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Lebron by far. If Kobe's best teammates were named Anderson and Mo instead of Pau and Ron, he would've been knocked out in the first round, if he made the playoffs at all.