PDA

View Full Version : Rahm: Gop feels bad for bp, not the gulf fishermen

jack sommerset
06-20-2010, 10:56 AM
I am tired of these stupid fucking statements this administration makes and all douchbags alike. Kanye West and trolls should all be proud. It's Obama who is letting BP run the show.

George Gervin's Afro
06-20-2010, 11:00 AM
I am tired of these stupid fucking statements this administration makes and all douchbags alike. Kanye West and trolls should all be proud. It's Obama who is letting BP run the show.

stop crying you f*cking whiner

jack sommerset
06-20-2010, 11:02 AM

Speaking of douchbags

George Gervin's Afro
06-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Speaking of douchbags

what else are you going to complain about you big wuss? Are your feelings hurt AGAIN? I'm tired of your ignorance..

jack sommerset
06-20-2010, 11:06 AM
what else are you going to complain about you big wuss? Are your feelings hurt AGAIN? I'm tired of your ignorance..

George Gervin's Afro
06-20-2010, 11:07 AM

so words make u sad...:lmao

toughen up sissy

jack sommerset
06-20-2010, 11:09 AM
so words make u sad...:lmao

toughen up sissy

How do they make me sad?

jack sommerset
06-20-2010, 11:10 AM
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's chief of staff is warning about what might happen if Republicans -- who have defended BP over the Gulf oil spill -- were to run Congress after the fall election.

Rahm Emanuel says the GOP philosophy is to paint BP as the victim, pointing to Rep. Joe Barton's apology to BP for what the congressman called a White House "shakedown."

"That's not a political gaffe, those are prepared remarks. That is a philosophy. That is an approach to what they see. They see the aggrieved party here as BP, not the fishermen," Emanuel said on ABC's "This Week."

Barton and Kentucky Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul, who recently called Obama's criticism of BP "un-American," are a reflection of the Republican party's governing philosophy, Emanuel said. "They think that the government's the problem."

It would be "dangerous" if the GOP held power in Washington, Emanuel said.

"I think what Joe Barton did was remind the American people, in case they forgot, how the Republicans would govern."

Emanuel says Obama will make clear to voters the fundamental differences in how each party would govern, focusing on energy policy, Wall Street reform and economic recovery

jack sommerset
06-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (3 members and 2 guests)
jack sommerset, boutons_deux, George Gervin's Afro

Whats taking so long? My kid actually likes me. It's fathers day. I don't have all day. You must be really concentrating!

jack sommerset
06-20-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't have time to wait for the next great line from the internet tough guy. Trade some food stamps in and buy your child a toy or something!

George Gervin's Afro
06-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (3 members and 2 guests)
jack sommerset, boutons_deux, George Gervin's Afro

Whats taking so long? My kid actually likes me. It's fathers day. I don't have all day. You must be really concentrating!

there's more of you?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-20-2010, 11:36 AM
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's chief of staff is warning about what might happen if Republicans -- who have defended BP over the Gulf oil spill -- were to run Congress after the fall election.

Rahm Emanuel says the GOP philosophy is to paint BP as the victim, pointing to Rep. Joe Barton's apology to BP for what the congressman called a White House "shakedown."

"That's not a political gaffe, those are prepared remarks. That is a philosophy. That is an approach to what they see. They see the aggrieved party here as BP, not the fishermen," Emanuel said on ABC's "This Week."

Barton and Kentucky Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul, who recently called Obama's criticism of BP "un-American," are a reflection of the Republican party's governing philosophy, Emanuel said. "They think that the government's the problem."

It would be "dangerous" if the GOP held power in Washington, Emanuel said.

"I think what Joe Barton did was remind the American people, in case they forgot, how the Republicans would govern."

Emanuel says Obama will make clear to voters the fundamental differences in how each party would govern, focusing on energy policy, Wall Street reform and economic recovery

Dangerous? Yeah, you liberal fucktards have been such a model of safety - for jobs, industry, taxes, etc. for us since you got in charge. Ass.

balli
06-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Ha ha. Trash Republicans can't run from their deep oil industry and anti environmental ties. No matter how hard they try, the public sees the them for the earth killing, job killing, anti-responsibility, anti-American pieces of shit that they are.

Wild Cobra
06-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Ha ha. Trash Republicans can't run from their deep oil industry and anti environmental ties. No matter how hard they try, the public sees the them for the earth killing, job killing, anti-responsibility, anti-American pieces of shit that they are.
You are proving yourself a liberal retard (libtard.)

George Gervin's Afro
06-20-2010, 12:06 PM
You are proving yourself a liberal retard (libtard.)

and you are the definition of a republican

boutons_deux
06-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Does anybody "serious" still think the Repugs are interested in governing competently, in good faith, after 8 years of their willfully incomptent misgovernance?

ChumpDumper
06-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I am tired of these stupid fucking statements this administration makes and all douchbags alike. Kanye West and trolls should all be proud. It's Obama who is letting BP run the show.It is Republicans who are apologizing to BP in Congress.

Tell me who else knows how to cap a deep water oil well, jack.

clambake
06-20-2010, 03:31 PM
better yet, jack, please grace us with all your knowledge about the oil business.

i could use a good laugh.

jack sommerset
06-20-2010, 04:01 PM
better yet, jack, please grace us with all your knowledge about the oil business.

i could use a good laugh.

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/s/V/3/Obama-Oil-Approval-Rating.gif

clambake
06-20-2010, 06:07 PM
i honestly believe thats the best you can do.

bravo, jack.

boutons_deux
06-20-2010, 06:41 PM
oilman criminal dickhead would have said "deficits and blowouts don't matter"

DMX7
06-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Shakedown! Slush fund! Redistribution of wealth!

I'm sorry, BP, that you have to deal with people who's environment you just clobbered and for having to stop drilling just because a few people died on your money machine.

That's not the America I remember. The America I remember was founded in 1776 by Ronald Reagan... and the communist manifesto wasn't its constitution!

I'm so mad! I may just hop on my Rascal Scooter and write a letter to my congressman.

jack sommerset
06-20-2010, 06:53 PM
i honestly believe thats the best you can do.

bravo, jack.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5vkPiCEjjdg/TB4hh3ug9sI/AAAAAAAAGyk/ndPNl9xpvgo/s1600/20.jpg

fraga
06-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Oooh..posting pictures is fun...

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4989/obamahillaryjoedancing.gif

You mad!!!

Yeah...yeah aw yeah...take it Republicans...take it all in...

jack sommerset
06-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Oooh..posting pictures is fun...

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4989/obamahillaryjoedancing.gif

You mad!!!

Yeah...yeah aw yeah...take it Republicans...take it all in...

You mean "take it america". Im independent and hate the douchbag.

EmptyMan
06-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

Kind of like how the Dems feel bad the unemployed are being denied government benefits while they do little to help the economy for said unemployed persons.

lol feelings

fraga
06-21-2010, 09:22 AM
I thought the Republicans were behind ending Unemployment Benefits...

boutons_deux
06-21-2010, 09:34 AM
"ending Unemployment Benefits"

they are. They voted $1.3T tax cuts for the super wealthy during dubya's Reign of Error, but can't find $100B for pitbull bitch's long-term unemployed Real Americans.

fraga
06-21-2010, 09:39 AM
I heard Republicans hate baby kittens...

boutons_deux
06-21-2010, 09:49 AM
If you heard something bad, even horrible, about Repugs and conservatives, it's true until proven otherwise.

Wild Cobra
06-21-2010, 09:56 AM
and you are the definition of a republican
It's obvious you don't know the differences of not left leaning groups.

Wild Cobra
06-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Shakedown! Slush fund! Redistribution of wealth!

I'm sorry, BP, that you have to deal with people who's environment you just clobbered and for having to stop drilling just because a few people died on your money machine.

That's not the America I remember. The America I remember was founded in 1776 by Ronald Reagan... and the communist manifesto wasn't its constitution!

I'm so mad! I may just hop on my Rascal Scooter and write a letter to my congressman.
The problem is, most of us to the right agree BP is to blame. However, when you guys come up with BS about them, you expect us to defend that, or say we are in their corner. If you guys could just deal in the truth, then we could have agreements.

Why is it wrong to point out that Obama and the left is being completely unfair about this? that in no way means we want to see BP let off the hook.

EmptyMan
06-21-2010, 12:25 PM
I thought the Republicans were behind ending Unemployment Benefits...

They are. That's the point.

The left gets to skullfcuk the economy (w/ the reps blah blah blah) and then cry about how bad they feel for the people when the reps won't just say "screw it" let's just keep dishing out this money while the whole place goes to hell. And the masses of Americants feeeeeel better knowing the left feeeeeeels for them :rollin

Politicians bank on the concept that americants can't put 2 + 2 together until they are down to nothing and realize words of feelings don't really add up to action and reality.

Wild Cobra
06-21-2010, 12:29 PM
I thought the Republicans were behind ending Unemployment Benefits... They are. That's the point.

Not that I'm aware of.

link please.

The left gets to skullfcuk the economy and then cry about how bad they feel for the people when the reps won't just say "screw it" let's just keep dishing out this money while the whole place goes to hell. And the masses of Americants feeeeeel better knowing the left feeeeeeels for them :rollin
Yep...

Libtards will be libtrads.

boutons_deux
06-21-2010, 02:14 PM
"Not that I'm aware of."

Poor Yorick, do you have Internet access?

Congress will not be extending the 99ers', aka long-term unemployed, again because of the bogus fears about the (Dem) deficit. Several 100K families will be foreclosed on and very probably sucked into a permanent underclass due to no unemployment benefits. There aren't enough shitty jobs in fast food or Wal-mart or fruit/veg/garbage-pickin to suck them all up.

Wild Cobra
06-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Idiot.

Not extending unemployment benefits is not the same as ending them.

Winehole23
06-22-2010, 01:07 AM
The result is the same for the erstwhile beneficiary.

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 01:12 AM
The result is the same for the erstwhile beneficiary.
Unemployment compensation is not suppose to be an endless program. It's not a social spending program. It's an insurance with a limited payout time.

What ever happened to Obama's promise of things getting better?

Winehole23
06-22-2010, 01:30 AM
What ever happened to Obama's promise of things getting better?I'm not keeping score, hoss.

Seems to me terminating assistance to the unemployed during a recession could be counterproductive economically and politically.

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm not keeping score, hoss.

Seems to me terminating assistance to the unemployed during a recession could be counterproductive economically and politically.
Hard to say. Any productive citizen will definitely try harder for a job.

I don't have all the answers of what to do during Obama's depression. I'll bet however, if the democrats will continue the bush tax Cuts and make them permanent, the economy seriously improve.

Winehole23
06-22-2010, 01:48 AM
Hard to say. Any productive citizen will definitely try harder for a job.Lotta long term unemployed out there, Hoss. Lot of em ain't give up yet.

Seems like It wouldn't hurt much to throw them a bone every now and then, only, a little birdie told me, it's a sin to feed losers in distress. It only encourages them to survive and reproduce.

Winehole23
06-22-2010, 01:52 AM
I don't have all the answers of what to do during Obama's depression. I'll bet however, if the democrats will continue the bush tax Cuts and make them permanent, the economy seriously improve.Wild Cobra = wild guess?

It'll take more than extending tax breaks for the superrich, to make the economy seriously improve. It didn't work for Bush, did it?

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 01:59 AM
Wild Cobra = wild guess?

It'll take more than extending tax breaks for the superrich, to make the economy seriously improve. It didn't work for Bush, did it?
It doesn't do just that. At the end of the year, the 10% tax rate will expire and the lower wade earners will pay 15% marginal rates instead of 10%. the 25% becomes 28% again, etc, etc, all the way up.

Everyone will be paying higher taxes for the 2011 tax year, and businesses have to plan for this.

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2010, 12:51 AM
The assumption that any politico really gives a damn about those whose livelihood has been erased by BP's negligence, arrogance, and stupidity needs to be re-evaluated.

The only real shock is that a governing elite who had no qualms handing over $700 billion to Wall Street, financed by the Chinese and owed by the "little people" in this country would actually require one of their corporate masters to put any skin in the game. Though setting a concrete number for political restitution such as $20 billion is actually of benefit to BP.

What I really want to know is what will we be celebrating on the Fourth of July? Allegedly, it will be the declaration of independence from the British crown and colonial-era corporations. Of course, that last party rarely gets any mention these days, especially from those erstwhile defenders of the Founding Fathers on the right.

There is nothing conservative about being a toady for a large multinational. Sooner or later you idiots might figure it out.

Winehole23
06-24-2010, 02:38 AM
There is nothing conservative about being a toady for a large multinational. Sooner or later you idiots might figure it out.The power of brands (to wit, rebranded conservatism) is strong. Stronger perhaps than memory. For that reason (among others), brands are maybe even stronger than our real history.

boutons_deux
06-24-2010, 05:19 AM
"Any productive citizen will definitely try harder for a job."

WC sliming all long-term unemployed, many who were making $100K+, because a typically small percentage are scammers,while ignoring there are 5 or 6 job seekers for every job. Unemployed 50+ years old, mortgage + kids in college, are particularly hard hit, house lost and kids drop out of college.

boutons_deux
06-24-2010, 05:19 AM

Wild Cobra
06-24-2010, 10:49 AM
"Any productive citizen will definitely try harder for a job."

WC sliming all long-term unemployed, many who were making $100K+, because a typically small percentage are scammers,while ignoring there are 5 or 6 job seekers for every job. Unemployed 50+ years old, mortgage + kids in college, are particularly hard hit, house lost and kids drop out of college.
Do you have enough comprehension to realize that someone who had a $100k and in unemployed has probably already lost a mortgaged home? The spending and bills they are accustomed too can not be supported on unemployment benefits.

I was averaging $114k annual before I was laid off in 2002. I was never a big credit person, and due to an obvious divorce on it's way from the past, I didn't buy a home when I could have. I was lucky. I only had car payments of $197.68 monthly for my new 2000 Z28, almost paid off, rent, and utilities. I put $19k down and financed almost $7k over 3 years just to establish credit, because I was a credit ghost. If I hadn't been laid off, I would have bought a house. Maybe in the near future, but I still need to save. Went though all my savings when I was laid off.

People need to live within their means. I Sometimes life throws a serious curveball that cannot be stopped, but life does go on. When I bought that Z28, I could have paid cash. I had just sold $36k in stocks. I simply planned to get good credit.

I wonder how many of you understand how taxes eat up money that's not quite in the "rich" class. Try living in the 31% federal marginal tax rate. See if that doesn't piss you off losing almost half your income between state and federal taxation, social security, etc.

boutons_deux
06-24-2010, 10:54 AM
well off people on welfare have been eating up the savings, liquidating their investments, trying to bridge to the next job that doesn't come, living off the other spouse's perhaps much lower income.

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2010, 03:52 PM
The power of brands (to wit, rebranded conservatism) is strong. Stronger perhaps than memory. For that reason (among others), brands are maybe even stronger than our real history.

This country is afflicted with a permanent case of corporate deconstructionism.

Winehole23
06-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Yes. Over time corporate usages and prerogatives overtake individuals, their political system and society at large. We're the effing proof.

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Actual political differences are slight. Not a bad design, I suppose. Far better to have the Yonivores and boutons and Cobra Commanders yelling at each other about nonsense than to have a whiff of a clue.

Winehole23
06-24-2010, 08:24 PM
The process stated in earnest about 100 years ago. Back then, the government busted the trusts. Today energy -- to take just one example from a more general trend -- is consolidating.

Winehole23
06-27-2010, 04:01 AM
Our system used to be a little more willing to kick money in the nuts when it got out of hand. Now, not so much. (My granny would probably say they we lack the gumption.)

Winehole23
06-27-2010, 04:01 AM
(She's probably right.)

PublicOption
06-27-2010, 04:37 AM

this sounds like a desperate neo-con who knows whats coming this fall.:lmao

sook
06-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Whats with the hate for Rahm?

Fucking antisemites.

Wild Cobra
06-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Whats with the hate for Rahm?

Fucking antisemites.
It has nothing to do with his race or religion, but statements like "never let a serious crisis go to waste," and his politics in general.

Determined Not to Make News, Emanuel Speaks of ‘Era of Reform’ (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/11/18/determined-not-to-make-news-emanuel-speaks-of-era-of-reform/)

President-elect Barack Obama’s new chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, spoke of the Era of Reform, offering few details but working to shape the narrative of the next administration.

He said the current economic crisis offers opportunities for change that wouldn’t have otherwise been possible. “Never let a serious crisis go to waste,” he said.

SnakeBoy
06-28-2010, 01:23 AM

They're not trying to terminate unemployment benefits. They're trying to force the dems to pay for them instead of just adding it to the deficit and pass it as a stand alone. Could backfire but I think it's reasonable to bet that people will blame the party in power for their woes instead of the essentially powerless minority party. I think dems will cave and the repubs will win this one just like they did the doc fix.

boutons_deux
06-28-2010, 06:07 AM
"They're trying to force the dems to pay for them"

You Lie

How about forcing Repugs to maintain the safety net in their unregulated Banksters' Great Depression by returing $1.3T of Repug tax cuts for the wealth and corps?

or by forcing fund managers to pay taxes on their fee income as regular income instead of investment income?

or by cutting 100s of $Bs of waste from the defense budget or stopping to useless, Repug-started/botched wars?

Destroying the safety net while enriching the super wealthy and corps has been conservative/Repug strategy for 35 years.

Whining about (Repug-based) deficits now that the Dems are in power is part of the Repug bad-faith, totally dishonest strategy.