PDA

View Full Version : Flopping

Dre_7
05-13-2005, 09:04 PM
You know, all Ive been hearing about Manu is that he is a flopper!! "Oh hes dirty cuz he flops!" "He flails around and draws contact!" "He exagerates everything" Waaa waaa waaa! But watching the playoffs, it is completely obvious that EVERYONE flops!!!! Everyone tries to make a call go there way!!! So why is Manu the only one that gets called dirty? Acting and flopping, to me, is just part of the game. Trying to get an advantage.

Stop bitching and whining about Manu!!!! Cuz I guarntee you, there is someon on your team who flops!!!!!!!!

SouthernFried
05-13-2005, 09:15 PM
The difference between Manu's "flops," and others is...Manu is actually getting fouled when he does it. He does "exaggerate" the foul to make sure it is noticed, but...he is actually getting fouled.

I saw a couple of Sonics last night doing the flop, and getting called for offensive fouls when they did it. It was so obvious they WEREN'T fouled when they flopped that it was almost a joke, and the refs noticed it too.

Manu is an artist at making sure a foul is noticed, I don't think anyone is better at it in the league. He's not trying to create a foul out of thin air, just making sure the foul is seen. That's the difference between him and the "floppers" Seattle had last night... and why he's so effective. He's not crying wolf.

johnny00
05-13-2005, 09:31 PM
No one and I mean NO ONE will ever be better than Vlade Divac at the art of the flop.

FromWayDowntown
05-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Complaining about flopping from the State of Washington would be somewhat ironic, since Fortson's only real contribution in this series so far has been a couple of flops that have drawn fouls on Spurs bigs, including Tim.

timvp
05-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Manu flops more than a fish out of water. So does Bowen for that matter.

But flopping is an essential part of the game.

SequSpur
05-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Flopping is bullshit, whether we do it or they do it.

The NBA should review tape and fine the bullshitness within the game.

The integrity of a true NBA game is lessened everyday.

Fuck the Flopper.

My weiner is flopping right now though. :jack

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-13-2005, 11:50 PM
They should give people a yellow card for flopping ;)

Gatita
05-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Flopping = BS w/o the oscar

Cant_Be_Faded
05-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Flopping became really really huge during the Laker Dynasty I think.

It was the only way teams could hold their own against them. Then it caught on like an Inez brushfire.