PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Lakers reward Chris Wallace with multiyear contract extension.

Fabbs
06-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Just days after the refs awarded Pao Gasol and the Lakers 21 4th qtr free throws to bail out Kobes "6 for 24" Bean Bryant with the WWEs prestigious *MVP* award, Chris Wallace, the main puppet in the Gasol for Kwame Brown deal was rewarded for his work with a multiyear extension. Terms weren't immediately available.

SenorSpur
06-20-2010, 01:47 PM
One question. Why?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-20-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm sure Wallace getting that extension has nothing to do with the fact he's the GM of a team that won 40 games and is well position for the future with a young core and 3 draft picks this year when a few years ago (the time he was hired) they won 22 games and were the worst team in basketball.

cobbler
06-20-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm sure Wallace getting that extension has nothing to do with the fact he's the GM of a team that won 40 games and is well position for the future with a young core and 3 draft picks this year when a few years ago (the time he was hired) they won 22 games and were the worst team in basketball.

:wow

Come on... you can't honeslty sit there and say that Heisley rewarded Wallace for ACTUAL accomplishments as opposed to firing him over speculated bullshit conspiricy theories. What sense would that make? :lol

Giuseppe
06-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Just days after the refs awarded Pao Gasol and the Lakers 21 4th qtr free throws to bail out Kobes "6 for 24" Bean Bryant with the WWEs prestigious *MVP* award, Chris Wallace, the main puppet in the Gasol for Kwame Brown deal was rewarded for his work with a multiyear extension. Terms weren't immediately available.

Don't you have oodles of 'Made in Taiwan' Laker's wampum to hawk, Fabbs?

cobbler
06-20-2010, 02:47 PM

It's all good for him. He increases the prices 10% if you choose the items dipped in butthurt bandwagon tears. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-20-2010, 02:58 PM
:wow

Come on... you can't honeslty sit there and say that Heisley rewarded Wallace for ACTUAL accomplishments as opposed to firing him over speculated bullshit conspiricy theories. What sense would that make? :lol

:lol Chris Wallace really doesn't get enough credit for Memphis considering the limited budget he has to work with and how much Heisley meddles when he shouldn't. From what I heard Heisley more or less forced Wallace to draft Thabeet last year when Wallace wanted to go PG, imagine if Memphis drafted Curry, Jennings or Evans, they would have gotten a lot closer to winning 50 games.

dbestpro
06-20-2010, 03:22 PM
It's all good for him. He increases the prices 10% if you choose the items dipped in butthurt bandwagon tears. :lol

I have come to the conclusion that most of the Laker fans in this forum must be prisoners who have accessed the prison libary computer as a result of their constant references to hurt butts.

namlook
06-20-2010, 03:24 PM
The Grizz got Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph for Pau Gasol. Marc is one of the best young centers in the league and Zach was an all-star. They contributed 35 PPG and 21 RPG. I think the Grizz are more than pleased with the trade.

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2010, 03:34 PM
The Grizzlies were heavily criticized by everybody for the Randolph trade..they got lucky with that, unless you believe Chris Wallace is some kind of great GM, even though he had a bad reputation as a GM even before coming to Memphis..

Randolph was luckily a model citizen in Memphis, which shocked everybody, since the majority of people were against the trade..Randolph is in a controversy surrounding drugs right now IIRC, so we'll see how it plays out..

Marc Gasol was the 50th pick or whatever, and he wasn't even the most hyped acquisition of the trade, Crittenton was..

dirk4mvp
06-20-2010, 03:38 PM
:lol Chris Wallace really doesn't get enough credit for Memphis considering the limited budget he has to work with and how much Heisley meddles when he shouldn't. From what I heard Heisley more or less forced Wallace to draft Thabeet last year when Wallace wanted to go PG, imagine if Memphis drafted Curry, Jennings or Evans, they would have gotten a lot closer to winning 50 games.

The Grizzlies need a PG?

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0211/fantasy_g_conley_200.jpg

Fabbs
06-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Yes. One of them is called "Gobbler".
A small troll doll is said to be inserted in the...ah....a "sphincter" of Kobme.
In reality it's rolled in a cattle field full of droppings. Took a while to get FDA approval due to the biohazard but now it's flying off the assembly line with a Huntington beach boi being the #1 buyer.

More on a MultiTroll product later.

Fabbs
06-20-2010, 03:45 PM
The Grizzlies were heavily criticized by everybody for the Randolph trade..they got lucky with that, unless you believe Chris Wallace is some kind of great GM, even though he had a bad reputation as a GM even before coming to Memphis..

Randolph was luckily a model citizen in Memphis, which shocked everybody, since the majority of people were against the trade..Randolph is in a controversy surrounding drugs right now IIRC, so we'll see how it plays out..

Marc Gasol was the 50th pick or whatever, and he wasn't even the most hyped acquisition of the trade, Crittenton was..
Hey, they won 40 games almost 3 seasons later. The trade was a success.
:lmao

cobbler
06-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Yes. One of them is called "Gobbler".
A small troll doll is said to be inserted in the...ah....a "sphincter" of Kobme.
In reality it's rolled in a cattle field full of droppings. Took a while to get FDA approval due to the biohazard but now it's flying off the assembly line with a Huntington beach boi being the #1 buyer.

More on a MultiTroll product later.

Send one my way, I'll hang it next to my swept by 0&42 bannar.

:rollin

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Hey, they won 40 games almost 3 seasons later. The trade was a success.
:lmao

yeah, because they were such a good team when they traded Gasol.

cobbler
06-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Hey, give me the link to your store. I might buy something.

Ditto... Let's have it. Can never have too much memorabilia.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-20-2010, 04:34 PM
It turned out to be a good trade, the fact it was criticized when it happened does nothing to change that. The Richard Jefferson trade was terrible, does the fact Spurfan thought at the time it would lead them to "5 rings, faggot" make it so it was a good trade?

The reward outweighed the risk on that Randolph trade. He was a guy who could always put up 20 10 games consistently, who could be a great player if he ever grew up. It obviously wasn't a sure thing he'd be a model citizen, but he turned 28 around when the trade happened, and 28 is the age area where a lot of players clean up their act and start being professionals. The worst that could happen is, Randolph would still be immature, Memphis would suck like they did before Randolph, and they'd have a giant expiring contract next season.

C'mon, we both know Gasol was considered one of the top Euro NBA prospects at the time of the trade. Call it what you will, but Wallace refused to do that trade unless Gasol was involved. You can only label something Wallace does as luck so many times, eventually it's someone who knows what he's doing.

Like it or not, the way the Grizzlies' future and team looks right now compared to the way it looked 3 years ago is something that makes Wallace worthy of an extension. Any unbiased perspective would think its obvious that Wallace has earned the extension.

InRareForm
06-20-2010, 04:59 PM
spin it anyway you want, i don't give a fuck about marc gasol, you don't give up top 15-20 players just like that to a franchise with Kobe Bryant. INexcusable.

fuck chris wallace

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-20-2010, 05:31 PM
spin it anyway you want, i don't give a fuck about marc gasol, you don't give up top 15-20 players just like that to a franchise with Kobe Bryant. INexcusable.

fuck chris wallace

lol thinking Pau Gasol was considered by anyone to be a top 15-20 player at the time he was traded. He had never made an all NBA 1st, 2nd or 3rd team prior to the trade, and made 1 all star game in 2006. Chris Wallace's job is to do what's best for the Grizzlies, not what's worst for the Lakers. If what's best for the Grizzlies happens to align with what's best for the Lakers, then so be it.

DPG21920
06-20-2010, 05:43 PM
LOL Isn't Randolph in trouble for trafficking drugs are being in some way shape or form involved?

InRareForm
06-20-2010, 05:58 PM
lol thinking Pau Gasol was considered by anyone to be a top 15-20 player at the time he was traded. He had never made an all NBA 1st, 2nd or 3rd team prior to the trade, and made 1 all star game in 2006. Chris Wallace's job is to do what's best for the Grizzlies, not what's worst for the Lakers. If what's best for the Grizzlies happens to align with what's best for the Lakers, then so be it.

He was top 20. who cares about 1st,2nd,3rd. that's only 15 players. Hence I put 15-20. He proved to carry his team to the playoffs in a tough, rugged western conference.

Who the fuck are you? Wallace's PR? lol

Booharv
06-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Like it or not, the way the Grizzlies' future and team looks right now compared to the way it looked 3 years ago is something that makes Wallace worthy of an extension. Any unbiased perspective would think its obvious that Wallace has earned the extension.

The best thing Wallace actually did was accurately predict that Marc Gasol would lose 30 pounds before last season. The fact that he knew that was going to happen is awesome. I mean his predictive abilities could be used by any team that's thinking of acquiring a great, big old fat person to play for them. We could have saved some time with the Jackie Butler experiment if we had Wallace's Nostramadamus like weight loss predictive skills.

Maybe if this GM thing doesn't work out he can get a job at a circus, except instead of guessing people's weights right now, he could predict their weights two to three years from now.

namlook
06-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Chris Wallace knew something. Marc Gasol wasn't a throw in. Wallace told the Lakers he wouldn't do the trade unless Marc Gasol was involved. It's too bad. Gasol would have been a nice piece for the Lakers to keep.

spursfan1000
06-20-2010, 06:23 PM
This is a great trade for the Girzzlies if you look at it, but it was a bad trade for the West no doubt. Grizzlies were a 20 win team when they had Gasol and now look 3 years later they are showing a lot of potential in the west winning 40 games.

Veterinarian
06-20-2010, 06:36 PM
The best thing Wallace actually did was accurately predict that Marc Gasol would lose 30 pounds before last season. The fact that he knew that was going to happen is awesome. I mean his predictive abilities could be used by any team that's thinking of acquiring a great, big old fat person to play for them. We could have saved some time with the Jackie Butler experiment if we had Wallace's Nostramadamus like weight loss predictive skills.

Maybe if this GM thing doesn't work out he can get a job at a circus, except instead of guessing people's weights right now, he could predict their weights two to three years from now.

This. By far.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-20-2010, 07:15 PM

:lmao right, there's no possible way they traded for him and then put him on a diet to make sure he lost weight.

EDIT: This is assuming you're talking about Randolph and Marc Gasol was a typo.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-20-2010, 07:20 PM
He proved to carry his team to the playoffs in a tough, rugged western conference.

He "carried" his team to the playoffs last in 2006 when only 3 teams in the West won 50 games. The 2006 Western conference was anything but tough or rugged, but nice try with the revisionist history :tu.

The following season, Memphis had the worst record in basketball, and when they traded him they were nowhere near the playoff hunt. What the Grizzlies did in 2006 was ancient history by the time they traded Gasol.

Booharv
06-20-2010, 07:23 PM
:lmao right, there's no possible way they traded for him and then put him on a diet to make sure he lost weight.

:lmao, right like none of the other teams with fat people tried putting them on diets. It never occurred to them. No one in their organizations ever said "I know! We'll tell player x to eat less food and thereby he'll lose weight." You know this happened a million times with fat guys to no effect, so don't bs me and deny it.

Do I really have to list all of the NBA players who ate themselves out of the league or just always stayed below their potential because of inadequate conditioning?

:lmao they put him on a diet.

InRareForm
06-20-2010, 07:47 PM
He "carried" his team to the playoffs last in 2006 when only 3 teams in the West won 50 games. The 2006 Western conference was anything but tough or rugged, but nice try with the revisionist history :tu.

nice cherry picking there. I meant for the span of time that he did.

Name the players better than him so that he wasn't top 20? i'm waiting.

Booharv
06-20-2010, 07:50 PM
:lmao they put him on a diet. Why didn't Oliver Miller's teams think of that?

http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/oliver.jpg

or Sean May's?

http://jerseychaser.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/blmay.jpg

or Kevin Duckworth's?

http://cwardhenninger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/kevin-duckworth.jpg

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/CardImages/Cards/002/830/01F.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/tools/med/2007/04/ipt/1177994683.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pMsB2ZndR44/SzutfsVYwiI/AAAAAAAAAGA/LrcHekg2gbY/s320/jerome_james_250.jpg

http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/2/22/Act_jackie_butler.jpg

http://tonysports.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/eddie-curry-keivon-news.jpg

http://www.unlikelywords.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/big-baby.jpg

Aaaaaaand finally a non photoshopped photo of Michael Sweetney:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8881/91533749.jpg

Man that Wallace is a real genius. He told one of his players to get in shape and eat right. Hopefully no one in the NBA finds out this secret strategy of his.

Booharv
06-20-2010, 07:52 PM

EDIT: This is assuming you're talking about Randolph and Marc Gasol was a typo.

Nah, Gasol: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/oct/01/in-peak-condition/ tbh Gasol was never as fat as some of those guys but he admits he was overweight for years.

InRareForm
06-20-2010, 07:53 PM
I just said "put myself on a diet" and I just lost 25 pounds instantly. It really works GUYS!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin

J_Paco
06-20-2010, 08:04 PM

The following season, Memphis had the worst record in basketball, and when they traded him they were nowhere near the playoff hunt. What the Grizzlies did in 2006 was ancient history by the time they traded Gasol.

He still made it to the playoffs 3 straight seasons, although they weren't good enough to win an actual game. Gasol has always been a talented, multidimensional player, he's just showing it now to the novice who never noticed how good he was in Memphis.

Anyway, the fact that Memphis fell apart had much to do with the fact that Gasol broke his leg in the 2006 World Championships. If you gave Gasol teammates like Rudy Gay, Mike Conley and O.J. Mayo I'm certain they would once again to playoff contenders. Shit, they probably would've contended a season earlier with Gasol.

Booharv
06-20-2010, 08:08 PM
The fact is Wallace got lucky that two guys who had conditioning issues for years suddenly dropped those issues and came in in great shape. And their games massively improved. There's no way he could have predicted this would happen given there are tons of NBA players who never get themselves in great shape unless he was "Weight Loss Nostradamus" like I said earlier.

Bob Lanier
06-20-2010, 08:56 PM
He still made it to the playoffs 3 straight seasons, although they weren't good enough to win an actual game. Gasol has always been a talented, multidimensional player, he's just showing it now to the novice who never noticed how good he was in Memphis.He's also worked to improve his game in Los Angeles. He's now a very good defender and rebounder, which no one would have said in Memphis.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Name the players better than him so that he wasn't top 20? i'm waiting.

At the time of the trade (so February 2008):

Allen Iverson
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Brandon Roy
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobili
Kobe Bryant
Tracy McGrady
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Pierce
Antwan Jamison
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Amare Stoudemire
Chris Bosh
Carlos Boozer
Dwight Howard
Yao Ming

When the trade happened, all 20 of those guys were considered better players than Gasol.

sabar
06-21-2010, 01:15 AM

Too bad their immediate future involves the Lakers that they helped create. Memphis isnt' doing anything until Kobe retires now.