PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think It Would Be a Great Idea To...

Kevin Durant 35
06-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Remove Freethrows from NBA?
Would it improve NBA?

TE
06-20-2010, 06:29 PM
prison rules.

spursfan1000
06-20-2010, 06:31 PM
what do you mean? like you get the ball back instead of FT's?

Kevin Durant 35
06-20-2010, 06:33 PM
what do you mean? like you get the ball back instead of FT's?

Yeah

BadOdor
06-20-2010, 06:34 PM
That's how you make most of your points, bitch.

Kevin Durant 35
06-20-2010, 06:34 PM

lol Laker fan already mad

Veterinarian
06-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah

Tbh it couldn't hurt. When watching any NBA game on Tivo or DVR free throws are the perfect oppurtunity for a couple clicks of the five second skip ahead button.

TE
06-20-2010, 06:35 PM

Well that's how the Lakers win don't they?

BadOdor
06-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Well that's how the Lakers win don't they?

IF they spurs shot better than 60% from the line as a team, maybe they could win again too.

lol spurs.

Veterinarian
06-20-2010, 06:39 PM
IF they spurs shot better than 60% from the line as a team, maybe they could win again too.

lol spurs.

How about thinking about the question for a second, and dropping your Lakers every millisecond mindset for thirty seconds. Wouldn't it be more entertaining? Imagine if the NFL had players throwing the ball through tires after a couple of penalties, or kicking extra points how boring would that be.

balli
06-20-2010, 06:40 PM
That's the dumbest idea ever. (If it's a serious suggestion as opposed to tongue in cheek Laker bashing.)

There would be no penalty for committing fouls other than a side out. If a team didn't like their defensive results on a given play, what would stop them from fouling right before someone was about to score? It would basically allow teams to spend a foul on a re-do play if they were about to get beat defensively. It would ruin the NBA. Destroy it.

IronMexican
06-20-2010, 06:41 PM
So when it's the end of the game, the other team can just continue to foul? It would be pretty dumb. I think making the penalty harder to get into be better. And remove free-throws after an over the back foul(If you are in the penalty).

Veterinarian
06-20-2010, 06:42 PM
That's the dumbest idea ever. (If it's a serious suggestion as opposed to tongue in cheek Laker bashing.)

There would be no penalty for committing fouls other than a side out. If a team didn't like their defensive results on a given play, what would stop them from fouling right before someone was about to score? It would basically allow teams to spend a foul on a re-do play if they were about to get beat defensively. It would ruin the NBA.

Except players would still get in foul trouble. Maybe lower the personal foul limit to five.

Kevin Durant 35
06-20-2010, 06:42 PM
How about thinking about the question for a second, and dropping your Lakers every millisecond mindset for thirty seconds. Wouldn't it be more entertaining? Imagine if the NFL had players throwing the ball through tires after a couple of penalties, or kicking extra points how boring would that be.

Exactly if theres no freethrows players will try harder to score instead of getting fouled. imo

Veterinarian
06-20-2010, 06:44 PM
The world revolves me and my team. Every question is a veiled attack or reference to my team. I am the epicenter of all creation.

balli
06-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Except players would still get in foul trouble. Maybe lower the personal foul limit to five.

This is ridiculous. NBA rosters are comprised of 12-15 players who each have 6 fouls. Fine give them 5. That's 75 times per game that a team could foul just to stop the action, without having to fear that the opposition gets shots at free points as a result.

There is no merit to this idea whatsoever. Nobody should even consider this as even barely reasonable. It would break the entire game.

TE
Damn, Kobe so good yall want to remove free throws...:lmao:rollin:lobt::rollin

uh yeah... :rolleyes

mavs>spurs2
no because free throws keep the defense honest, making them pay for their mistakes rather than just fouling every time they get beat. the refs just need to be more competent, and make the right calls. good luck with that as long as Fuhrer Stern is in power.

Veterinarian
06-20-2010, 06:48 PM
This is ridiculous. NBA rosters are comprised of 12-15 players who each have 6 fouls. Fine give them 5. That's 75 times per game that a team could foul just to stop the action, without having to fear that the opposition gets shots at free points as a result.

There is no merit to this idea whatsoever. Nobody should even consider this as even barely reasonable. It would break the entire game.

Would a team win playing its crappy players just so they could fail and pick up fouls? You think the best players would foul out and then they'd just put in the scrubs to foul? There would still be incentive to keep your best players on the foul and out of foul trouble. Plus there would still be flagrant fouls.

I just hate games that turn into free throw contests. I'd honestly rather go to a power play type scenario after a while than watch teams shoot free throws all day.

mavs>spurs2
06-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Plus couldn't the NBA still just cheat by calling foul after foul after foul and keep giving Kobe the ball back until he finally scored?

Veterinarian
06-20-2010, 06:54 PM
no because free throws keep the defense honest, making them pay for their mistakes rather than just fouling every time they get beat. the refs just need to be more competent, and make the right calls. good luck with that as long as Fuhrer Stern is in power.

Aren't free throws boring as shit in general though? I just click ahead through them unless it's the end of the game, then check the score tbh. Occasionally I miss an offensive board but mostly I miss guys standing around for 15 seconds doing their gay little rituals then either missing or making the shots. Zzzzzzz...

Is this really how we want to see games competed? Plus offensive flopping would disappear and players would try to score instead of doing faggot moves to draw fouls.

Plus couldn't the NBA still just cheat by calling foul after foul after foul and keep giving Kobe the ball back until he finally scored?

Yeah, but it would be hilarious and more transparent to see Kobe hit the game winning shot on his ninth try after eight whistle bail outs.

Kevin Durant 35
06-20-2010, 06:55 PM

Then you have to remove shooting fouls too?

Veterinarian
06-20-2010, 06:58 PM
The end of any and all Lakers games would be USA v. Moscow 1972 all over again in this hypothetical scenario tbh.

But I still think free throws make the game way more boring.

23LeBronJames23
06-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah. No more cheating in nba hell yeah

Smooth Criminal
06-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Would it improve NBA?
Your PPG would drop Significantly:nope

eyeh8u
06-20-2010, 11:58 PM
The end of any and all Lakers games would be USA v. Moscow 1972 all over again in this hypothetical scenario tbh.

But I still think free throws make the game way more boring.

the usa played the city of moscow?

mystargtr34
06-21-2010, 12:06 AM
I think there should be some sort of challenge rule implemented into the NBA. Say, each coach gets 1 (maybe 2) challenges every half, and say maybe an extra one in the last quarter, If a guy gets awarded two free-throws on a bogus call, they challenge it and the refs review it, if the call is over ruled the team which originally had possession gets the ball on a sideout and that team keeps its challenge, and if the correct call was originally made, that team loses that challenge and the free-throws are taken as per usual.

There are too many shitty calls in the NBA in crucial moments, something should probably be brought in.

sabar
06-21-2010, 01:20 AM
Lower the time to shoot a free throw. 3 second rule or something. Players take forever with their little rituals. Put it up and get on with the game.

tdunk21
06-21-2010, 01:24 AM
oh no...if its that way, lakers would have lost every game this post season...

Giuseppe
06-21-2010, 07:45 AM
You fellows can chase your asses round your elbows till that cow there jumps over the moon.

We're at 16-17, and we'll be there soon.

Chieflion
06-21-2010, 08:42 AM
You fellows can chase your asses round your elbows till that cow there jumps over the moon.

We're at 16-17, and we'll be there soon.

Again, Culby, you were so terrified when the Celtics led 3-2. Don't talk shit. Now, you sound like a bandwagon Lakers fan.

Giuseppe
06-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Again, Culby, you were so terrified when the Celtics led 3-2. Don't talk shit. Now, you sound like a bandwagon Lakers fan.

GD you, Chief. Can't I talk tough for just a little while without you reminding me of my terrifieds every two minutes?:toast

Chieflion
06-21-2010, 09:36 AM
GD you, Chief. Can't I talk tough for just a little while without you reminding me of my terrifieds every two minutes?:toast

Says Culby, guy who checks others' assholes.

Tee hee.

lotr1trekkie
06-21-2010, 09:59 AM
A better idea would be to change how refs are chosen for the finals. Do it like jury selection. Each team gets to exclude refs until they have a pool of refs for the finals. Refs would be selected for each game by lot.

BUMP
06-21-2010, 10:05 AM
:lmao of the amount of people butthurt in this thread.

Let's face it, everybody is pissed that the Lakers one and they want rule changes. Was everybody this pissed when they had a 3peat earlier?

:lol at Spurfan just can't acknowledge the better team.

If anybody else but LA won, we wouldn't be having any discussion about these crazy rule changes

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 10:13 AM
How about shooting the free throws from behind the three point line and a shot behind the half court line is worth 4 points.

Chieflion
06-21-2010, 10:15 AM
How about shooting the free throws from behind the three point line and a shot behind the half court line is worth 4 points.

Antoine Walker, is that you?

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 10:16 AM

Let's face it, everybody is pissed that the Lakers one and they want rule changes. Was everybody this pissed when they had a 3peat earlier?

:lol at Spurfan just can't acknowledge the better team.

If anybody else but LA won, we wouldn't be having any discussion about these crazy rule changes

Warden letting you use the library computer again, eh?

MiamiHeat
06-21-2010, 10:16 AM

There would be no penalty for committing fouls other than a side out. If a team didn't like their defensive results on a given play, what would stop them from fouling right before someone was about to score? It would basically allow teams to spend a foul on a re-do play if they were about to get beat defensively. It would ruin the NBA. Destroy it.

Nobody mentioned removing fouls from the game. 6 fouls, you are still out.

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Antoine Walker, is that you?

More like World B. Free.

BUMP
06-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Warden letting you use the library computer again, eh?

Don't even act like anything i said isn't 100% true

Luva is right to a certain extent. The Lakers winning really does bother you Spur fans

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Don't even act like anything i said isn't 100% true

Luva is right to a certain extent. The Lakers winning really does bother you Spur fans

That is because we have a championship pedigree. Maybe one day you will know what that is like........ If you stop rooting for the Mavs.

BUMP
06-21-2010, 10:28 AM
My Spurs have to win every year!!!! :madrun:madrun It's not fair that the Lakers won!! Change the rules :cry:cry:cry

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 10:31 AM
You are starting to sound like Mark Cuban.

DeadlyDynasty
06-21-2010, 10:31 AM
:lol

DeadlyDynasty
06-21-2010, 10:32 AM

This isn't the Globetrotters vs the Sentinels.....

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 10:36 AM
This isn't the Globetrotters vs the Sentinels.....

Are you sure? I mean the outcome is predetermined for both.

BUMP
06-21-2010, 10:38 AM

Let's face it, everybody is pissed that the Lakers one and they want rule changes.

I mean the outcome is predetermined for both.

Thanks for proving my point only minutes later :tu

It was too easy :lmao

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks for proving my point only minutes later :tu

It was too easy :lmao

Color Blue........ Checkmate.

:king

TheMACHINE
06-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Would it improve NBA?

Kevin Durant dont want Free Throws? Blasphemy.

tdunk21
06-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Says Culby, guy who checks others' assholes.

Tee hee.

thats gross.....:lmao

Giuseppe
06-21-2010, 12:27 PM
I smell skunk.

mindcrime
06-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Damn, Kobe so good yall want to remove free throws...:lmao:rollin:lobt::rollin

6 out of 24. Damn, I'm impressed.

eisfeld
06-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Nah, just take away And1's... Shot - Foul - Still going in = 2 points, no FT's.