PDA

View Full Version : UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin July 3, 2010 Fight Thread

dbreiden83080
06-20-2010, 08:42 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/89/Ufc116-poster_medium.jpg

YLD5IVyQmDA

Main card

Heavyweight Championship bout: Brock Lesnar (c) vs Shane Carwin (ic)
Middleweight bout: Wanderlei Silva vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama
Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Matt Brown
Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Stephan Bonnar
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Preliminary card (Spike TV)
Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer
Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Goran Reljic

Preliminary card

Light Heavyweight bout: Seth Petruzelli vs. Ricardo Romero
Middleweight bout: Gerald Harris vs. Dave Branch
Heavyweight bout: Jon Madsen vs. Karlos Vemola

Everyone has to get in on these picks this is a good event. Not great top to bottom but a great great main event. I have gone back and forth on this one and am 50/50 on the outcome. Brock and Shane are both destroyers, odds of this thing going 5 are basically ZERO!!

mingus
06-20-2010, 10:44 PM
damn, i can't wait for this. Carwin is great fighter in his own right, but athletically and technically Lesnar is too good for him if he's 100%. 9/10 matches i'm going with Lesnar.

Stringer_Bell
06-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Main card

- I'm making my prediction based on the assumption that the Brock we've seen since beating Randy has been compromised by the medical issue he dealt with this year. After 6 months of recovery and focus, I don't see it being a problem for him although I still think he's lost some size in his chest. If Shane can find a way to smother him on the cage and punch through Brock's blocks like he did to Mir, it could be a long night. You know the Jackson camp isn't going to take any chances, they'll look to wear Brock down assuming that he really is the tank everyone thinks he is. Still, I see Brock taking this by the 3rd round but he'll have to earn it while Shane tries to neutralize and pop Brock until he finds an opening (guerilla warcare stlye, kind of like Punch-Out where Shane needs 3 direct hits to daze Brock and try a finishing move lol)

Middleweight bout: Leben vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama
- Footwork confuses Leben, the end.

- This could be a fun fight, when Brown is finishing the match he is getting finished so it's all on Lytle coming in with a killer instinct. I think they've fought before, so I think Brown just needs to not be afraid of the submission attempts. No doubt that is his biggest downfall but he can't focus too much on it or it'll take away from the best shot he's got at winning this (not letting it go to decision).

- Sad to say, but I think Bonnar has turned into a punching bag. I like him, but Soszynski just strikes me as the more serious fighter and he's hungry for the win. I expect a classy post-fight hug afterward.

- Great way to open up the card! These dudes both put on great shows in their last fights and it really is a clash of styles. I'd totally give Sotiropoulos the next shot at BJ Penn (assuming Frankie dodges more punches and keeps the title) if he wins this on his feet because Kurt can throw/take punches and if there's anything I think can put on a great show with BJ it's long limbs and a good striking. Could be Fight of the Night or Submission/Knockout of the night.

Lastly, Seth P. on the prelimary card is pretty interesting, I could see him fighting Duffee or Travis Browne if he gets a win. Too bad they didn't keep Kimbo around for a grudge match, that would have got some ratings on the Free TV card that Dana promised after the Anderson Silva fight :p:

desflood
06-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Main card

Heavyweight Championship bout: Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin
Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

tlongII
06-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Whomever lands the first big shot will win between Lesnar and Carwin. Both of those guys can flatten the other. Should be fun to watch, but it's going to be a short fight.

djohn14
06-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Heavyweight Championship bout: Brock Lesnar (c) vs Shane Carwin (ic)---Cant pick against him....I want to though
Middleweight bout: Wanderlei Silva vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama---Ill probably miss it....going out on a limb.
Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Matt Brown---And this one
Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Stephan Bonnar---Different fight, different result, but same winner
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Kurt Pellegrino---Batman going down

MannyIsGod
06-21-2010, 12:00 PM
No one picking against Brock but I have to. I have too much man love for Carwin.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Wanderlei Silva OUT at UFC 116, Chris Leben IN to Fight Yoshihiro Akiyama

According to reports, former Pride middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva has been forced to withdraw from his UFC 116 scrap with Yoshihiro Akiyama on July 3rd due to fractured ribs he recently suffered in training.

UFC president Dana White confirmed Wandy’s exit from the card earlier today with MMAFighting.com.

MMAJunkie.com immediately followed up Ariel Helwani’s report by stating Chris Leben has agreed to step in on 11 days notice to face Sexyama inside the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Veagas. Although no official announcement has been made, Leben should have his bout agreement signed and submitted shortly.

Leben posted an impressive 2ndRound TKO victory this Saturday over Aaron Simpson at “The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale.” Fortunately for the slugger, he suffered minimal damage in the contest and was not placed on the medical suspension list by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Akiyama was last seen taking a slit decision over Alan Belcher at UFC 100 LAST July. Although he’s been sitting the sidelines, apparently waiting for Wandy’s arrival, his W over Belcher was his 11th consecutive.

It is believed the middleweight clash will still serve as the evening’s co-main event. The 185-pounders will open for the highly anticipated heavyweight title unification bout between champ Brock Lesnar and interim title holder Shane Carwin.

http://www.5thround.com/41253/wanderlei-silva-out-at-ufc-116-chris-leben-in-to-fight-yoshihiro-akiyama/

The TroutBum
06-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Stephan Boner
Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Goran Reljic -- One of my favorite fighters. Left leg, cemetery.
Middleweight bout: Leben vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

dallaskd
06-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Seth Petruzelli is back ladies and gentlemen!

dallaskd
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
My 5...

Carwin
Akiyama
Brown
Petruzelli
Grove

EDIT: july 1st

dbreiden83080
06-24-2010, 01:28 PM
My 5...

Carwin
Silva
Brown
Bonnar
Grove

This is a very close fight but on principle alone you will never pick Brock right Dallas?? :lol

dallaskd
06-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Ill pick Brock in fights he should win, but he's the underdog imo. Carwin is rolling and game, and Brock was out of fighting for a while..

The TroutBum
06-24-2010, 09:12 PM
My 5...

Carwin
Akiyama
Brown
Bonnar
Grove

EDIT: Silva is out..

LOL Bonnar.

tsb2000
06-26-2010, 12:59 AM
it's going to be real interesting to see how these two giants' cardio is if this fight goes 3-5 rounds. IMO, this will be the advantage of whoever has more. All that being said, I've got to go with Brock. His wrestling is impeccable, esp for a guy his size. He moves like he's 170 on the ground.

Veterinarian
06-26-2010, 06:07 AM
Has there ever been an all nude MMA match?

BlackSwordsMan
06-26-2010, 01:06 PM
how did bonnar make the main card?

dbreiden83080
06-26-2010, 04:08 PM
how did bonnar make the main card?

He and Dana are BFF

dbreiden83080
06-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Countdown Show tomorrow night on Spike..

Pre-fight interviews and picks..

BCNhEP6hD0E

benOvY8-Ans

988c85g733k

dbreiden83080
06-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Interesting

http://insidefights.com/2010/06/26/shane-carwin-denies-failing-to-promote-ufc-116/

"Shane Carwin responded to accusations that he wasn’t properly promoting his upcoming Title Unification Fight with Brock Lesnar, writing on his personal site that

Those in the Media that want to chastise me have not even attempted to reach out through proper channels to get an interview. I never said I wasn’t doing interviews or eliminating media. I said I was not taking any direct media request. I just do not have the time to spend “just 15 minutes” on the phone answering the same questions over and over. The time adds up and that time has to come from my other job, family or training. None of which are worth sacrificing more than the need to promote a fight. I have however accepted 100% of the interview request that Zuffa has presented me.

Carwin was responding to comments made by Dave Meltzer on his Wrestling Observer Radio show (as reported by Zach Arnold) where he criticized Carwin for his demeanor during his and Brock Lesnar’s split screen interview during The Ultimate Finale. Meltzer said that Carwin “didn’t say a thing” and looked “annoyed or detached” and was not helping Lesnar in promoting the fight. To be fair to Carwin, these Spike interviews almost never work and the UFC would be well advised to just air pre-recorded interviews in the style of their Countdown specials. Carwin defended himself that he doesn’t want to be “some company guy that says bullsh%t to sell tickets” as he finds such “smack talk” nothing more than “silly kids games.” He denied that unhappiness with his relatively low payment for fighting in such a high-profile main event was behind him limiting his main event appearances although he once again confirmed that he will be paid £40,000 to show and £40,000 if he wins at UFC 116* and that he would prefer to be paid more.

Carwin reacted angrily to the suggestion that his reticence contrasted with the vocal criticism of Lesnar’s behavior after UFC 100 that directly led to being made Number One Contender instead of Cain Velasquez. He denied that he had been given his title shot because he “talked crap or played some hype man you are wrong” as although he had twice being given the title shot against Lesnar, he had earnt his title shot by defeating Frank Mir for the Interim Title. He also disputed Meltzer’s judgment that he hadn’t “done his job in selling this fight, that’s for sure, and I mean all across the board,” saying that his focus was on preparing for the fight against Lesnar.

*What I would be interested in hearing is whether Carwin is claiming that he received no extra-contractual payments from the UFC. The common understanding in the MMA press is that regardless of what fighters receive in their contract almost all receive bonus payments."

The TroutBum
06-28-2010, 01:27 AM
I am a Shane fan. I hope he pounds the living fuck out of Cock.

dbreiden83080
06-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Fedor's loss actually seems to be over-shadowing this fight..

Watching the countdown show which was great BTW, i still don't know who is going to win this fight. Brock has the wrestling and athleticism to control and beat Shane up. But Shane has the power to knock Brock the hell out. The way Shane put Mir on the cage and basically ko'd him with short punches on the fence, dirty boxing that was sick..

This could go either way..

dbreiden83080
06-29-2010, 08:04 PM
GuUTryPppiE

Stringer_Bell
06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
The UFC 116 preview was really good, but you could kind of tell they recycled footage from before Brock got sick and was preparing for his last fight :p

Seeing John Hathway made me want to see him fight Nate Diaz, that kid needs to be stopped (John, not Nate lol, although I hate him too, maybe they'd make each other want to retire?)!

polandprzem
06-30-2010, 02:41 AM
Can I wait for this fight?

NO !!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FIGHT !!!

polandprzem
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I will make a break down later and maybe predictions? Or this time i will wait until weigh-ins?

3fiPMxdYNwk

PX5Eoq3Q7Kk

jKBNHyoCnvw

sEtSvyXu0eQ

Now tell me what's the difference in div I and II?
Is it really the difference? How the selection looks like?

symple19
07-01-2010, 07:42 AM
:lmao
I am a Shane fan. I hope he pounds the living fuck out of Cock.

angelbelow
07-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Very very excited about this event. Its a shame Wandy got injured, that would have been an exciting grudge match between the two. Im predicting Carwin by KO.

BlackSwordsMan
07-01-2010, 04:46 PM
winner fights cyborg
I wouldn't be surprised if lesnar threw the fight

dallaskd
07-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Very very excited about this event. Its a shame Wandy got injured, that would have been an exciting grudge match between the two. Im predicting Carwin by KO.

Leben is going to get destroyed

dbreiden83080
07-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Sigh here we go

Main card

Heavyweight Championship bout: Brock Lesnar (c) vs Shane Carwin
This is as close a fight to call as i can remember. Very few come to mind that come any closer to pick than this. I'll go with Brock because of his athletic ability, size difference (He is the bigger man for sure) and i believe superior wrestling ability. Plus i am a big fan of his, have been rooting for him since day one in the UFC.. Carwin's biggest plus is that he hits like a damn truck. It's scary how much power he has in his hands. To me this fight breaks down in between the takedowns. How hard is it for Brock to get the TD and how effective is Shane with his hands before it comes. Shane could catch Brock with the KO or Brock could control and dominate. Can go either way but i'll take Brock..

Short notice for Leben. Akiyama is a very good fighter. He takes it easy..

Lytle is my boy. I fuckin love this guy. Intelligent picks go out the window for me here. I'll never pick against Lytle. Dude's a warrior, he's got like 5 Fight of the night bonuses in the last 3 years..

Bonnar is done, the UFC needs to just give him some other duties already. We know he will be with the company forever because of his fight with Forrest but the game has passed him bye..

George looks better everytime he fights, he is a real contender for the belt if he gets though Batman handily..

dallaskd
07-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Just rewatched Bonnar-Soszynski from UFC 110. changing up my picks a little.

dallaskd
07-01-2010, 07:17 PM
oh and ill do the standings for this one. i figure i should contribute this year..

dbreiden83080
07-01-2010, 07:42 PM
oh and ill do the standings for this one. i figure i should contribute this year..

:toast

Gotta add the SF card too

dallaskd
07-01-2010, 07:54 PM
:toast

Gotta add the SF card too

Do you really want to count that one? Outside of the Fedor fight, alot of them were scrub matches and not everyone made many picks..

dbreiden83080
07-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Do you really want to count that one? Outside of the Fedor fight, alot of them were scrub matches and not everyone made many picks..

Wins i badly needed :lol

IT's up to you though..

dallaskd
07-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Wins i badly needed :lol

IT's up to you though..

We both went 3-1. We'll see after this UFC :lol

Stringer_Bell
07-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm sticking with Brown over Lytle and switching to Sexy-yama (although I could see an upset happening) since I still had Wandy down :p

cornbread
07-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Brock
Sotiropulous
Leben
Schaub
Soszynski

dbreiden83080
07-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Weigh ins are live on Spike at 7 ET

dbreiden83080
07-02-2010, 09:33 PM
MAIN CARD

•Brock Lesnar (265) vs. Shane Carwin (265)
•Yoshihiro Akiyama (185) vs. Chris Leben (186)
•Stephan Bonnar (205) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (205)
•Kurt Pellegrino (155) vs. George Sotiropoulos (156)
•Matt Brown (171) vs. Chris Lytle (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

•Brendan Schaub (238) vs. Chris Tuchscherer (255)
•Seth Petruzelli (205) vs. Ricardo Romero (206)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-aired)

•Kendall Grove (184) vs. Goran Reljic (186)
•Dave Branch (185) vs. Gerald Harris (185)
•Forrest Petz (170) vs. Daniel Roberts (169)
•Jon Madsen (254) vs. Karlos Vemola (222)

polandprzem
07-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Main card

Heavyweight Championship bout: Brock Lesnar (c) vs Shane Carwin
You just do not need more motivation for Shane Carwin! Everybody talks Brock. How great he is, how athleic he is, how big he is and all. And he earns a lot more money. The guy does not respect his opponents where Shane does.
All in all I don't like Lesnar and Carwin is the guy I'm looking at. He thinks he is as good athlete as Brock is; as strong but with more powerfull standup. Division I vs Division II in wrestling.
Carwin says he will knock Brock out but I would not be surprised if Shane took Brock down as quickly as possible to see how good of the back Lesnar is.

Sexy ya mma. I think it can be brutal though with Leben swinging. Yoshi needs to take this kid on the ground and not test his standup.

Welterweight bout: Chris Lytlevs. Matt Brown
I rewatched latest Lytle's fight and it was impressive win but I'm not as much ipressed. I think Brown wants to prove something and will be hyperconcentrated.
It can be a brawl and a potential to be a fight of the night.
Chris and Matt blood everywhere.

Polish experiment nuff said.

Batman was phenomenal in his last bout, but I think George is really close to a level that will put him ijn contention for a title.
Really important and interesting fight for 155 division.

dallaskd
07-02-2010, 11:24 PM
The key to beating a good wrestler.. put him on his back. Wrestlers HATE to be on their back.

desflood
07-03-2010, 12:16 AM
The key to beating a good wrestler.. put him on his back. Wrestlers HATE to be on their back.
The problem is keeping a guy Lesnar's size on his back. Unless you got a garbage truck loaded down with cinder blocks I'd say it's pretty damn near impossible.

lebomb
07-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Shane Carwin by knockout. He will catch Brock eventually. Book it.

tlongII
07-03-2010, 10:23 AM
The funny thing is that both these guys have to cut weight to meet the 265 lb limit! :lol

polandprzem
07-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Carwin now is a bit bigger then Lesnar.
Brock had to cut like 4-5 punds where Carwin over 10.

Have you seen the weigh-ins?
Brock looked intimidated. :D
It's gonna be fun!!!!

Cleveland Steamer
07-03-2010, 12:36 PM

Brock's getting his come upins tonight.

The TroutBum
07-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Nigga, I can't wait for this shit.

FUCK YOU BROCK!

dbreiden83080
07-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Carwin now is a bit bigger then Lesnar.
Brock had to cut like 4-5 punds where Carwin over 10.

Have you seen the weigh-ins?
Brock looked intimidated. :D
It's gonna be fun!!!!

Brock is bigger than Carwin. Less fat and more muscle mass plus he is about 3 inches taller. Carwin had his shoes on at the weigh ins and Brock was still about an inch taller..

And Brock is way to arrogant to ever be intimidated

polandprzem
07-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Brock is bigger than Carwin. Less fat and more muscle mass plus he is about 3 inches taller. Carwin had his shoes on at the weigh ins and Brock was still about an inch taller..

And Brock is way to arrogant to ever be intimidated

He did not knew what to say. And Carwin being so calm.

Well when I think about this fight it's almost sure Brock will win by my instinct. That there is no way Brock will not be still a champ.

Scary thing is that Carwin likes to exchange and Gonzaga caught him.
I wonder what's Lesnars plan, dirty cage boxing or ground control and pound which he is the best at.

dbreiden83080
07-03-2010, 01:47 PM
He did not knew what to say. And Carwin being so calm.

Well when I think about this fight it's almost sure Brock will win by my instinct. That there is no way Brock will not be still a champ.

Scary thing is that Carwin likes to exchange and Gonzaga caught him.
I wonder what's Lesnars plan, dirty cage boxing or ground control and pound which he is the best at.

This fight is beyond close to call. Carwin is so dangerous anywhere. IF they are clinching he has shown the power to hurt your bad just with short punches in tight (That is fuckin insane)

Brock likely has to stay outside and set up the takedown. I really believe he is the better athlete here.. I expect to see jabs and leg kicks from Brock to keep distance as he is trying to set up TD and GNP. That is how i think he will try to fight Shane..

atxbuttknocker
07-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Wow, when did this forum come around!!?!!

I've found a new home!!

:elephant :elephant

Cant_Be_Faded
07-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I can't see Brock being knocked out but it would be cool to see it happen.

BlairForceDejuan
07-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Can't wait to see this tonight.

dbreiden83080
07-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Wow, when did this forum come around!!?!!

I've found a new home!!

:elephant :elephant

Welcome

Slydragon
07-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Anywhere to watch online? I just got home from work and I work early tomorrow so I don't want to go out and watch it and I don't want to buy it.

I don't want to invite friends because then I will stay up late and my girlfriend gets out at 11pm and goes back to work at 4am. She told me to buy it but I really don't want to spend that much to watch it solo.

newacc
07-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Brock Lesnar. The guy is a beast machine with a desire to win that is masked by his cockiness. Until someone shows me different, I'm going with the champ.

Lesnar Rd 2 Stoppage.

BlackSwordsMan
07-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Anywhere to watch online? I just got home from work and I work early tomorrow so I don't want to go out and watch it and I don't want to buy it.

I don't want to invite friends because then I will stay up late and my girlfriend gets out at 11pm and goes back to work at 4am. She told me to buy it but I really don't want to spend that much to watch it solo.

not really just a really shitty TVU most of the streams are down

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-03-2010, 09:07 PM

This doesn't have what you're looking for. (http://atdhe.net)

MannyIsGod
07-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Wow great fight.

MannyIsGod
Bonnar that is

MannyIsGod
BTW that shit should have been stopped way sooner.

The TroutBum
07-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Fucking Boner.

tlongII
07-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Now the feed is down for me! :madrun

The TroutBum
07-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Ya, my feed crapped out too. Sons of dirty bitches.

MannyIsGod
07-03-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm using the TVU feed from ATDHE

mystargtr34
07-03-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm using the TVU feed from ATDHE

Yours is still working?

resistanze
07-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Damn Leben

ace3g
07-03-2010, 10:49 PM
nice triangle by Leben for the win

MannyIsGod
07-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah my feed is still working - the Veetle one I was using crapped out but the TVU feed is still working.

Damn Ledben is insane. Dude scares me but that was a hell of a submission.

resistanze
07-03-2010, 10:51 PM
What a crackhead.

resistanze
07-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I like how my feed goes to shit the second Carwin starts walking in :lol

slick'81
07-03-2010, 11:12 PM
lesnar is getting ass raped

resistanze
07-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Damn Lesnar survived

slick'81
07-03-2010, 11:17 PM
fear lesnar

resistanze
Brock is a freak.

slick'81
carwin gave it everything he had but couldnt finish brock

mystargtr34
07-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Fight still going? My link has shat itself.

MannyIsGod
Wow man, some great fights tonight. I had a bad feeling once Brock survived the first round because Carwin was kinda gassed and once Brock got the takedown I knew it was over.

Glad to see the respect Brock had for him though. My feed crapped out before the post fight comments but man - both of those men are beasts.

ace3g
finished 9/11 on my predictions!!!!

tlongII
Great fight! Carwin punched himself out I think.

ace3g
07-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Cain vs Lesnar is next

tlongII
07-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Velasquez is next. If he can't take Brock then I think Carwin deserves a rematch.

Johnny_Blaze_47
This was a damn good fight card.

ace3g
Stone Cold Steve Austin was there, lol

Creepn
I don't know how Carwin would've gotten out of that hold even if he wasnt gassed out.

MannyIsGod
07-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I love Cain, but I'm not sure if he'd beat either of those two. I mean fuck, if Brock can do that after a year off and that sickness I just don't know if he's beatable. Carwin NEARLY had it but once Brock gets the takedown you're fucked.

dbreiden83080
07-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Brock lesnar is one bad motherfucker ladies and gentleman..

Thank god Mazzagatti was not reffing that fight because he would have stopped when Brock was getting whaled on in the 1st.. For Brock to survive that onslaught and then dominate Shane in the 2nd and choke him out.. Incredible..

Brock is KING!!!!!

Leben you rock too

dbreiden83080
07-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Folks lets put something else to rest here

Brock has a chin of iron...

Shane is the hardest hitter in the UFC and he nailed Brock with like 15 shots and could not put him to sleep. What heart Brock has..

Stringer_Bell
07-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Stone Cold Steve Austin was there, lol

The Rock, Goldberg, Jim Ross and half the WWE was there :lol

Wow, great fights!

polandprzem
07-03-2010, 11:39 PM
fuck that fuck :pctoss

The wors card for me from prediction stand point 1-4 !

And wtf? I was as nervous as I can remember when those two guys were walking into the cage.

Carwin had Lesnar dammnit but was unable to land a clean shot and was unable to improve his position when being on top.

It was almost sure when Brock had that takedown he will make some damage.
Fuck I'm pissed.
Cain was impressed. He will not stop Brock on the feet. Damn with the control that Lesnar can take I do not know if Velasquez can pull a submission?
What Cain can do>?

Leben was dead walking in the 2nd and still his hands were somwhow swinging ...
Bad day again. My favorites losing time after. Firts Rampage now Carwin.

Ahh and Soszyński lost and for the first time they showed polish flag introducing him.cool. Not cool that he could not finish that psycho.

polandprzem
07-03-2010, 11:40 PM
So true. Do you think Carwin could have won if he was training full time instead of part time?

You never know.
He could win now. But probably he would prepare better training full time

dbreiden83080
07-03-2010, 11:43 PM
So true. Do you think Carwin could have won if he was training full time instead of part time?

Maybe who knows?

What happened in that fight is Shane was shocked Brock was still there and obviously gassed out. He'd have to take his time next fight but Brock gets better every time we see him..

Creepn
07-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Brock lesnar is one bad motherfucker ladies and gentleman..

Thank god Mazzagatti was not reffing that fight because he would have stopped when Brock was getting whaled on in the 1st.. For Brock to survive that onslaught and then dominate Shane in the 2nd and choke him out.. Incredible..

Brock is KING!!!!!

Leben you rock too

Haha yeah. I was screaming "DONT STOP THE FIGHT!" when he was getting whaled.

dbreiden83080
07-03-2010, 11:56 PM
I was still only 3-2 on picks

scott
07-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Sorry I don't follow MMA that closely, but I was rooting for fellow HeadBlade user Shane Carwin... who in their right mind DOESN'T train full-time going into a fight with Brock Lesnar? If he is only training part time, he was setting himself up for defeat.

angelbelow
07-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Brocks got great cardio.

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Brocks got great cardio.

Not too mention chin heart and a ground game

He transitioned to that sub just beautifully

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Just went to sherdog and the haters gonna keep on hating..

"Brock was exposed"

"Cain will kill him"

"Shane only lost because he gassed"

"Fedor would kill him"

:lol

angelbelow
07-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Not too mention chin heart and a ground game

He transitioned to that sub just beautifully

really got to appreciate his work ethic.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-04-2010, 12:31 AM
I only caught the last four fights.

The fight with the jap and that red-haired hispanic was great. I figured the longer it went went to the disadvantage of that yokiama or whatever dude. But what a great second round. Could have gone either way in that round.

Brock reigns supreme. There is noone who can stop this man. The other guy pretty much used every ounce of energy he had in the first three minutes of that first round, and it showed. Brock was ripe for the taking but he is just so damn big, his huge forearms ended up blunting most of the kill-shots the other guy was throwing at him while brock was on the ground. He's just too big.

When it got to the second round it was obvious the other guy was gassed beyond belief, Brock had recomposed himself, and the takedown was the nail.

Go brock. This man can't be faded.

CubanSucks
A few drunk thoughts. I'll be more sensible tomorrow.

1. Carwin IS a absolute beast and pretty damn scary. If he had stayed more composed and didn't throw random worthless punches he would've had far more energy (maybe even avoid the takedown in the 2nd)

2. When he did avoid that first takedown in the 1st round my jaw dropped to the flooor. "Here's a guy who's actually strong enough to avoid a Lesnar takedown when full endurance"

3. Lesnar's gonna kill Cain. Cain's a smaller version of Carwin IMO

4. I haven't had my hopes up so high then smushed since Duncan hit that fade away and Fisher hitting the .04 shot. :depressed

5. Joose is amazing (I didn't spell that wrong)

6. Fuck Lesnar. But with that said I don't see any other HW contenders to Carwin and Lesnar. They're in another league IMO

Cant_Be_Faded
BTW I hope people stop saying Brock can't take a hit because he took some sledgehammers in that first round.

Stringer_Bell
07-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Just went to sherdog and the haters gonna keep on hating..

"Brock was exposed"

"Cain will kill him"

"Shane only lost because he gassed"

"Fedor would kill him"

Brock is awful on his back, just like most wrestlers. He showed he's for real though, he was mauled and caught enough to kill at least TWO men, and he recoverd between rounds to look fast and clean in his movements...almost like he wasn't just beaten to a pulp by Shane's bear claws.

I like Cain, but if Shane couldn't stop him, I dunno what can. He needs to figure out how to stop shelling up so terribly when he's getting cracked on, Shane took advantage of that and if Cain can do it quicker there might be some trouble but I doubt it cuz his hands are lighter. Also, Brock can kick people off with his feet so Cain's basically got tons more shit to watch out for than Brock. :lol

Brock would sit on Fedor. Maybe not 3 years ago, but now.

Brock's post-fight speech was great, he understands what it's about now and he's going to hold the belt for awhile. He bleeds like a mortal man, but he fights through it like a beast.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-04-2010, 12:35 AM
I am not anything close to being a fan of anyone UFC related, but I am interested in Brock because I followed him in the WWF.

Anyone who does not give him credit after getting absolutely worked in that first round is just being a hater. He withstood a fucking pounding.

He is simply too big to be beaten. Even with minimal energy his huge ass forearms blunted so many would-be haymakers to any other fighter. He was on his back and totally vulnerable and yet not totally vulnerable. He's fucking too big.

The only way this guy loses is if a huge up-and-comer comes up and rocks his world, or if he simply gets too old to keep up and ends up slippin.

He's the best fighter right now, no denying.

Xevious
07-04-2010, 12:37 AM
"Fedor would kill him"
I was hoping that shit would stop when Fedor lost. Look... is he the GOAT? Sure. Is he the best in the game today? Hell no. Was Jordan the best in the league when he was on the Wizards?

The best fight the best, and Fedor hasn't fought top competition in years.

CubanSucks
07-04-2010, 12:39 AM
I am not anything close to being a fan of anyone UFC related, but I am interested in Brock because I followed him in the WWF.

Anyone who does not give him credit after getting absolutely worked in that first round is just being a hater. He withstood a fucking pounding.

He is simply too big to be beaten. Even with minimal energy his huge ass forearms blunted so many would-be haymakers to any other fighter. He was on his back and totally vulnerable and yet not totally vulnerable. He's fucking too big.

The only way this guy loses is if a huge up-and-comer comes up and rocks his world, or if he simply gets too old to keep up and ends up slippin.

He's the best fighter right now, no denying.

lol WWF

newacc
07-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Great card tonight from the UFC. I bought the fight for $45 and it was worth every fucking penny.

I love watching Brock Lesnar. He's such a don't give a fuck freak, he's my favorite athlete of any sport.

I was a little worried going into the fight for the reason of exactly what happened. Carwin is bigger and stronger than most heavy weights combined with skills as a great striker.

Carwin was razor close to winning this one and would have won if a lesser ref was on this one. I was so thankful to the ref for letting them fight it out. I had memories of the Liddell/Ortiz fight where Liddell hit the ground twice and grazed Ortiz a few times and the fight was called so I was extra thankful the ref didn't stop this one.

The Lesnar fight spoke to Brock's growing legend. Carwin was by far the most impressive of any of Brock's previous opponents with a 12-0 record, all first round knockouts. The way Lesnar withstood the flurry of hard, hard KO power punches was unreal.

Again, the ref should be thanked as much as anyone for not calling that fight earlier.

Once the second round fighted, Lesnar had weathered the worst of it and got back to his strength on the ground where it became academic.

Great, great win by Brock.

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Love the new posters and thoughts in here guys.. :toast

Cant_Be_Faded
07-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Love the new posters and thoughts in here guys.. :toast

Thank Brock.

I seriously believe had it not been for Brock and his main event status, that the ref would have called the match within the 20 seconds or so brock was first on his back taking alot of punches from carwin. Any other match would have been called. But the ref obviously had instructions to let this one roll, and guess what, like some conspiracy theorists would suspect, the guy rebounded.

newacc
07-04-2010, 01:11 AM
Thank Brock.

I seriously believe had it not been for Brock and his main event status, that the ref would have called the match within the 20 seconds or so brock was first on his back taking alot of punches from carwin. Any other match would have been called. But the ref obviously had instructions to let this one roll, and guess what, like some conspiracy theorists would suspect, the guy rebounded.

You're right about thanking Brock.

I've watched the UFC semi-consistently for about 4 years now but I've never been as hyped up as I have been for Brock's fight. I love watching Brock. The last two fights - Mir and this one - I've been so happy he won I start yelling and jumping around the room.

I was a WWF fan but it was long before Brock got there and I lost interest in wrestling after the mid 90s so I'm not a WWE convert. I did catch a few Brock regular matches (no PPV) but didn't really care besides him being interesting to watch.

I think Brock's polarized personality along with his inhuman athleticism make him a must watch.

I don't see how there can be a conspiracy theory on the match though. It wasn't like the ref helped Brock fight Carwin. Brock just got pounded on more and was able to fight through it. Anybody else in the universe would have been done for, but Brock had tremendous heart and resilience.

Pretty difficult to have a conspiracy theory where a ref doesn't call the fight just because he let someone continue pounding. Everyone knows that you don't stop until the ref steps in. Carwin kept going and going but couldn't finish. Brock get a break in that there wasn't a bad ref to stop the match prematurely but that's far short of a conspiracy theory. Plus, it's for the heavy weight championship of the world, so last thing you want is a feint hearted ref.

One more thing - this win was more impressive than even the incredible match itself. Lesnar miraculously came back from nearly dying less than a year ago. He lost a ton of weight and came back at 100%. For him to do what he did tonight against a legit, legit contender makes him all the more impressive.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-04-2010, 01:17 AM
You're right about thanking Brock.

I've watched the UFC semi-consistently for about 4 years now but I've never been as hyped up as I have been for Brock's fight. I love watching Brock. The last two fights - Mir and this one - I've been so happy he won I start yelling and jumping around the room.

I was a WWF fan but it was long before Brock got there and I lost interest in wrestling after the mid 90s so I'm not a WWE convert. I did catch a few Brock regular matches (no PPV) but didn't really care besides him being interesting to watch.

I think Brock's polarized personality along with his inhuman athleticism make him a must watch.

I don't see how there can be a conspiracy theory on the match though. It wasn't like the ref helped Brock fight Carwin. Brock just got pounded on more and was able to fight through it. Anybody else in the universe would have been done for, but Brock had tremendous heart and resilience.

Pretty difficult to have a conspiracy theory where a ref doesn't call the fight just because he let someone continue pounding. Everyone knows that you don't stop until the ref steps in. Carwin kept going and going but couldn't finish. Brock get a break in that there wasn't a bad ref to stop the match prematurely but that's far short of a conspiracy theory. Plus, it's for the heavy weight championship of the world, so last thing you want is a feint hearted ref.

One more thing - this win was more impressive than even the incredible match itself. Lesnar miraculously came back from nearly dying less than a year ago. He lost a ton of weight and came back at 100%. For him to do what he did tonight against a legit, legit contender makes him all the more impressive.

Point taken, like i said previously I do not follow this sport nearly as close as other posters here so my thoughts are just CBF thoughts alone. You probably are more right than me. But I used to watch original UFC's, I still watch boxing, I mean, I watch fighting matches with a critical eye....

And I really thought that if this were a first or second match-of-the-night kinda thing, the ref would have stopped it within the first forty seconds of Brock being on his back. In fact, I think that's why Carwin kept extending so much energy. He thought he would be the typical aggressor. I was exaggerating about conspiracy theories all I'm saying is that it makes perfect sense to make sure the ref does not fuck the customer out of an awesome match too early.

And we got an Awesome Match. Brock weathered it, realized Carwin blew five of his loads in the first round, and came back and just did his lumbering giant bear act and destroyed him.

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 01:23 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/30birme.jpg

The TroutBum
07-04-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm so sick of this cock sucker.

Why wasn't that fight stopped in the first round? Cock wasn't doing anything to intelligently defend himself, and was turtled up like cum-caked fart box. Gods, I'm so pissed right now.

Fuck you, Cock. I can't wait until you finally fucking lose, you shit eating horse dong. I'll be the happiest man on the planet.

p.s. The Lesner love on this board makes me want to wretch.

CubanSucks
07-04-2010, 01:32 AM
fuck you dbreiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newacc
07-04-2010, 01:34 AM
Point taken, like i said previously I do not follow this sport nearly as close as other posters here so my thoughts are just CBF thoughts alone. You probably are more right than me. But I used to watch original UFC's, I still watch boxing, I mean, I watch fighting matches with a critical eye....

And I really thought that if this were a first or second match-of-the-night kinda thing, the ref would have stopped it within the first forty seconds of Brock being on his back. In fact, I think that's why Carwin kept extending so much energy. He thought he would be the typical aggressor. I was exaggerating about conspiracy theories all I'm saying is that it makes perfect sense to make sure the ref does not fuck the customer out of an awesome match too early.

And we got an Awesome Match. Brock weathered it, realized Carwin blew five of his loads in the first round, and came back and just did his lumbering giant bear act and destroyed him.

I think our opinions are pretty close actually. I definitely agree with you that we were all lucky he didn't stop it early. A lesser ref would have. BTW the ref was Josh Rosenthal. I just didn't know if people in Sherdog or other forums were saying conspiracy theory because the ref didn't stop it. I would definitely agree that Brock got a break because with a lesser ref, he loses the crown tonight.

Dana White has a very good thing going. I just wish there was a UFC stock I could buy. I never, ever buy paper views. The only two times I have were Brock vs. Mir II and this one.

The funny thing was I got my moneys worth both times. I would pay $45 over and over and over again to watch that beast go up against the next best in the world.

Brock does need to watch his ass though. Shane Carwin exposed his stand up pretty bad - not taking anything away from Carwin here because he is a great striker but Brock looked very shaky with his punching and defense. He needs to improve to mediocre in stand up and continue to drive people to the ground. As long as he can get people to the ground, there's no one in the world that can beat him. The man has bull strength and precision wrestling technique.

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 01:35 AM
fuck you dbreiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh okay..

Did i miss something??

CubanSucks
07-04-2010, 01:36 AM

Why wasn't that fight stopped in the first round? Cock wasn't doing anything to intelligently defend himself, and was turtled up like cum-caked fart box. Gods, I'm so pissed right now.

Fuck you, Cock. I can't wait until you finally fucking lose, you shit eating horse dong. I'll be the happiest man on the planet.

Amen brother. I love you!!!!!!!!! Weez gotta stick together!!! But I gotta say, there's at least a little amount of respect for Lesnar. There's no way I'd be saying this a year ago after 100

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 01:36 AM

Dude relax. Brock did not shit talk anyone after the fight he was classy and cool. Brock is not such a bad guy he should warrant this kind of off the charts hate

newacc
07-04-2010, 01:38 AM

The way Brock is, it's understandable some people will love him, some people will hate him. Either way, you've got to respect him for coming all the way back from the brink of death to the top of the world.

CubanSucks
07-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Uh okay..

Did i miss something??

just some Brock "polararity?". I love all you guys. Just bummed (Trout Bummed if you will :lmao) about Brocks win. :bang

BTW, Brink is on!!!!!! Everyone remembers Brink from the Disney channel right? SOUL SKATERS!

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Why wasn't that fight stopped in the first round?

Because Brock was not hurt that bad..

Cock wasn't doing anything to intelligently defend himself, and was turtled up

I watched it again, Shane landed some big ones but a lot of them were off Brock's arms and chest. When Rosenthal asked Brock to move he did every time. He kicked Shane off once and when Shane went for the mount Brock exploded to his feet. Brock survived and a stop would have been wrong..

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 01:47 AM
I'm off to bed

Great night of fights guys..

Later..:toast

The TroutBum
07-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Dude relax. Brock did not shit talk anyone after the fight he was classy and cool. Brock is not such a bad guy he should warrant this kind of off the charts hate

"Frank Mir had a horseshoe up his ass. I told him that a year ago. I pulled it out of him and beat him over the head with it. [Now] I'm going to drink a Coors Light. That's right a Coors. Bud Light don't pay me nothing. I want to say Hi to my family and friends and, hell, I may even get on top of my wife tonight."

Just for starters...

I don't give a shit if he came back from the third circle of Hell, adopted 1,000 Haiti refugee's, donated a kidney, provided shelter for the worlds homeless and gave all his millions to the Mormons -- I'd still wish for him to die in a kitchen fire.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Brock Lesner will be the downfall of MMA. (I should say 'honest' MMA, because MMA will go on with or without him, but the respect, discipline, and integrity of the sport is/will go down the fucking toilet.)

CubanSucks
07-04-2010, 01:56 AM
"Frank Mir had a horseshoe up his ass. I told him that a year ago. I pulled it out of him and beat him over the head with it. [Now] I'm going to drink a Coors Light. That's right a Coors. Bud Light don't pay me nothing. I want to say Hi to my family and friends and, hell, I may even get on top of my wife tonight."

Just for starters...

I don't give a shit if he came back from the third circle of Hell, adopted 1,000 Haiti refugee's, donated a kidney, provided shelter for the worlds homeless and gave all his millions to the Mormons -- I'd still wish for him to die in a kitchen fire.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Brock Lesner will be the downfall of MMA. (I should say 'honest' MMA, because MMA will go on with or without him, but the respect, discipline, and integrity of the sport is/will go down the fucking toilet.)

Take it easy Trout! Gee wizz, you're scaring me!

BTW, I love you dbreiden...seriously.

SOUL SKATERS!!! TEAM X-BLADES!!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
07-04-2010, 02:38 AM
I think our opinions are pretty close actually. I definitely agree with you that we were all lucky he didn't stop it early. A lesser ref would have. BTW the ref was Josh Rosenthal. I just didn't know if people in Sherdog or other forums were saying conspiracy theory because the ref didn't stop it. I would definitely agree that Brock got a break because with a lesser ref, he loses the crown tonight.

Dana White has a very good thing going. I just wish there was a UFC stock I could buy. I never, ever buy paper views. The only two times I have were Brock vs. Mir II and this one.

The funny thing was I got my moneys worth both times. I would pay $45 over and over and over again to watch that beast go up against the next best in the world.

Brock does need to watch his ass though. Shane Carwin exposed his stand up pretty bad - not taking anything away from Carwin here because he is a great striker but Brock looked very shaky with his punching and defense. He needs to improve to mediocre in stand up and continue to drive people to the ground. As long as he can get people to the ground, there's no one in the world that can beat him. The man has bull strength and precision . wrestling technique.

I didn't buy this crap went to a bar but I was seriously thinking the same thing about the health of the UFC. The bar I went to focused their entire three rooms on UFC tonight. They had setup tables like a banquet set up in all three rooms for seating people to watch UFC. I thought back in like 2006 that UFC was a passing craze, but this shit is still attended strong.

anakha
07-04-2010, 07:50 AM
lol Carwin's gas tank
lol Fedor
lol TroutBum
lol Sherdog

BlairForceDejuan
07-04-2010, 08:13 AM
If that had been an unimportant scrub fight, it would have been stopped in the 1st round. I'm glad it wasn't. I wanted to see two titans clash. Once Brock gets on top of you, you are pretty much done. Sucks, but it was still entertaining.

I was amazed at how Carwin made Brock look like just another fighter as far as physicality. Carwin held his own very well.

lebomb
07-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Damn Carwin had his ass. Just ran out of juice trying to hard in the first round. Props to Lesnar..........dude is a beast.

Stringer_Bell
07-04-2010, 10:02 AM
If that had been an unimportant scrub fight, it would have been stopped in the 1st round. I'm glad it wasn't. I wanted to see two titans clash. Once Brock gets on top of you, you are pretty much done. Sucks, but it was still entertaining.

I was amazed at how Carwin made Brock look like just another fighter as far as physicality. Carwin held his own very well.

There was a split second where I thought it was going to be called, which probably would have been called in any other match, but like the Mir/Carwin match the ref gave Brock every chance before he knew he fell asleep for sure.

Brock recovered like it was nothing, that's fucking amazing. We've seen Diego get fucking destroyed and still walk, but Brock has mutant healing.

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Just for starters...

Okay this is where a double standard comes into play. Mir shit-talked Brock like nobodies business before that fight, calling him a "fake WWE wrestler with no real skill" Brock that night should NOT have flipped off the fans that was not right but the rest of it i don't care about, especially when he is disrespecting one of the most disrespectful fighters in the game.. Mir is an A-Hole.. He basically called Cheik Kongo stupid and insulted his language before their fight.. Brock gave Randy nothing but respect before and after their fight to the point where they are now friends and train together. HE said nothing bad about Shane after the fight, all class.... Brock and Mir hate eachother and Brock shit talked him.. Big deal..

Again double standard you base this on what? Brock has charisma, is a huge draw and sometimes runs his mouth, so what? Look at the shit coming out of Chael Sonnens mouth these days about Silva. Shad and Page called eachother every name in the book. Trash talk is part of MMA. You have to sell these fights and Brock knows how to sell a fight.. The PPV buys don't lie..

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 10:31 AM
BTW, I love you dbreiden...seriously.

It's all good.. :toast

MannyIsGod
07-04-2010, 11:22 AM
I know that Brock was amazing last night and I think Shane was pretty damn good too (but how do you fight off that fucking submission, look at his arms, jesus) but no one has anything to say about Leben?

Honestly, I thought that was the best fight of the night but of course Brock and Shane had way more hype. Ledben steps into the ring 2 weeks after fighting in a fight everyone is picking him to lose and is nearly knocked out at times and still manages to pull off a 3rd round submission when he's probably going to lose a decision even though he's been doing dmg from the bottom. I mean fucking wow dude, that fight was incredible for me.

BlackSwordsMan
07-04-2010, 01:09 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/sv6ey0.gif

dallaskd
07-04-2010, 01:17 PM
LOL Bonnar.

lol ?

dallaskd
07-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Ok im still hungover but im gonna give me thought on the fight..

First off, Brock still has no jiu jitsu. He didnt even have the choke in correctly but his arm is so damn big all he had to do was squeeze. Lesnar won this fight on pure cardio and even he was tired as fuck. If shane has any cardio worth a shit then he wins this fight. When Carwin was at full energy, he completely shut down the Brock takedown attempt. He should have let Brock stand up and KTFO of Lesnar. Another thing.. Brock was exposed. His standup will always be below average. And I could care less what he did to a 46 year old, 235 pound Randy on the feet. Couture barely has much of a striking game outside the clinch.

here is a quote from Shane..

The game plan last night was to be patient and let the fight come to you. When I had him in trouble the ref keep saying he was going to stop it and then my body began to seize up. In between rounds I could not move my legs and had what felt like a I had a whole body cramp. My cardio was fine but my body was not. What can you do you have to stand up and face your opponent.

Heading into the second I knew I need to finish the fight or I was going to be in trouble. Much like the Champion he is I am sure Brock was thinking the same thing. I had zero take down defense as my legs were dead to me and the rest is as they say history.

Ok... I can believe that. I wondered how such a good wrestler could gas that quick. Sure makes for an interesting rematch. I think Shane takes the 2nd fight as long as he keeps it on the feet. Brock is no challenge for him in the stand up.

umm...

Leben fight was badass. Sure as hell surprised me. ive always been a big akiyama fan, but props to chris. He walked right in and fought a perfect fight.

Alot of people called me crazy for picking Bonnar. Look at the guy's resume. All of his losses have been to top guys..

Griffin (UFC LHW Champ)
Machida (UFC LHW Champ)
Rashad (UFC LHW Champ, Bonnar won IMO)
Jon Jones (beast)
Coleman (UFC HW Champ)

Bonnar can still be a very servicable fighter for the UFC and a solid gatekeeper.

.. Lytle-Brown didnt have the fireworks I wanted but good fight for Chris. Both will be back and be in the same spot on the totem for the next 2 years..

Havnt had a chance to catch the other ones yet, make sure to check out Soku, Karo, Kang, Filho, and Barnett all fighting this month for Impact FC. peace

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 06:20 PM
The Lesnar hate remains strong

But he is still the champ...

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/brock-lesnar-9.jpg

Haters gonna hate

Cant_Be_Faded
07-04-2010, 07:44 PM
It is quite funny that in the year 2010 people are complaining that a trashtalking fighter is bad for the sport in which he fights.

Talk about retarded.

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 08:27 PM
For anyone saying the fight should have been stopped..

Check out Brock's immediate awareness of the mount coming and explodes to his feet here..

WAR BROCK!!!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2q2k0ih.jpg

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 09:04 PM
The only thing that could make Brock better is to have Bobby "The Brain" Heenan as his manager.

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsH/74512.gif

and the Ultimate Warrior as his trainer..

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images-2/the-Ultimate-Warrior-champion.jpg

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Can't deny that Lesnar is top heayweight

When Brock Lesnar stepped into the octagon Saturday night in Las Vegas he was faced with the toughest opponent of his career. In Shane Carwin he faced somebody who could not only match his size and power, but possessed the most devastating punching power in all of combat sports.

The way that Lesnar handled the threat proved that he’s not only a worthy champion but also the best heavyweight in MMA.

The fight started badly for the heavyweight champion, with Lesnar being overwhelmed in the opening minutes. Carwin swarmed forward, connecting with several hard shots including a vicious uppercut. With Lesnar now on the floor, Carwin unleashed a brutal ground-and-pound attack. To survive such an onslaught not only showed superhuman toughness but the crucial ability to think rationally during a crisis. We must remember none of Carwin's previous opponents survived the first round, so he knows how to close the show.

Lesnar showed superior positional awareness off the bottom, never risking compromising himself but constantly moving and working to ensure that the referee knew he was still in the fight. This calmness when placed in the worst possible situation was eerily reminiscent of Fedor Emelianenko at his peak.

He also had the killer instinct to see that his adversary was beginning to weakening, seizing on the smallest detail to give him the confidence to move forward to victory. Seeing that Carwin was tiring, Lesnar pushed the action in the final minute of the first round, using his wrestling to control Carwin and force him to carry his 270-pound frame for the final minute. Not only did this show superior fight strategy but it again demonstrated the exceptional wrestling ability of the former NCAA champion. In his last fight, Carwin destroyed Mir from the same position. But even after the damage he had taken, Lesnar had the technique and brute force to handle Carwin.

This wrestling ability was displayed again in the second round, with Lesnar quickly securing the takedown after which he showed slick grappling to quickly get the mount. Instead of being predictable and trying to work his brutal ground and pound, Lesnar switched to side mount to successfully apply the arm triangle choke. His submission victory once again showed the unique way that Lesnar’s jiujitsu is based on his brute strength as by turning into the arm triangle he successfully concentrated all of his strength onto Carwin’s neck. For all the emphasis on his wrestling, the fact is that Lesnar is unusual in the variety of methods he uses to secure victory. In his last four fights he has won as a result of his top control, his boxing, his ground and pound and his grappling. There are few fighters that can boast so many options, so many ways to defeat their opponents.

His victory Saturday continues a winning streak that has seen him defeat Heath Herring, Randy Couture, Frank Mir and now Shane Carwin. With each fight he has shown significant improvement, with his fighting technique making better use of his exceptional physical attributes. And the scary thing is that although he’s already the heavyweight champion he’s yet to fulfill his full potential. Unlike other famous outsiders such as Bob Sapp and Kimbo Slice, he’s not content to rest on his laurels and live off his celebrity.

Brock Lesnar may have once been an entertainer but he has the heart and mind of a true competitor. He truly is the baddest man on the planet, the best heavyweight fighter in the world.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/Brock-Lesnar-Shane-Carwin-UFC-116-analysis

dbreiden83080
07-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Report Card

Brock Lesnar: A+

Lesnar’s hype is the real deal. I figured the champion would fold at some point as Shane Carwin slugged away on the prone and bleeding fighter, but pure heart allowed Lesnar a fresh start against a gassed fighter in round two. Lesnar did what he does best and easily took his prey down, but the true surprise was the kata gatame that cemented his status as the sport’s top heavyweight.

Lesnar Stands Up

After losing for the first time in some 10 years, Fedor Emelianenko famously said “The man who doesn’t fall, doesn’t stand up.”

On Saturday night, Brock Lesnar fell and he fell hard. Shane Carwin’s freakish punching power looked like it was too much for the supposedly unstoppable South Dakotan freight train. Both standing and on the mat, Lesnar ate everything Carwin had to offer for nearly five full minutes.

It was near the five minute mark that Lesnar did what no one had done after taking Carwin’s best shot -- he stood up. Now that this most unlikely of UFC heavyweight champions has secured his place atop the division, there is a certain poetic justice to him living up the words of his predecessor.

http://sherdogblog.craveonline.com/blog/2010-07-04

MannyIsGod
07-04-2010, 09:42 PM
So whats up next for Carwin? The winner of Nelso Dos Santos?

CubanSucks
07-04-2010, 11:36 PM
If it weren't for Cain, I'd say this is a definate immediate rematch. So I say don't have Carwin fight again until the winner of Lesnar/Cain.

Lesnar's gonna smother Cain. Carwin gets his rematch. Carwin works on endurance. Doesn't waist so much energy on worthless punches. He dominates on the feet again. Lesnar can't take him down cause he's not dead tired. Carwin finishes what he started. Carwin holds up the belt

dallaskd
07-05-2010, 12:42 AM
The Lesnar hate remains strong

But he is still the champ...

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/brock-lesnar-9.jpg

Haters gonna hate

and bitches will be bitches

dallaskd
07-05-2010, 12:44 AM
It is quite funny that in the year 2010 people are complaining that a trashtalking fighter is bad for the sport in which he fights.

Talk about retarded.

I havnt read through the thread, but who said the trashtalking is bad for the sport? I just think hes a douche bag like Sonnen, Frank Shamrock, and several others.

polandprzem
07-05-2010, 02:40 AM
I'm amazed how many people thought it would be stopped just like that.

I mean Rosenthal is one of the best refs and he lets fighters fight their fight. He does not stand them up much and knows how to interpret(?) rules. he just uses them correctly

As for the fight. When Shane hit Brock and he went down and when Shane stopped that early takedown I was pumped. But when brock falled I hit my left palm with my right fist. GO SHANE !!! Finish him.

gotdamn I saw Carwin had troubles keeping up the pace I was worried about it. At one point I thought he will let Brock stand up. But he didn't. Carwin can say about his cardio as much good things he wants to but he always was breathing kinda heavy in his short fights. That's why when they went to the 2nd round I was worried.

And that Brocksucker won :pctoss

And damn that fight brought the sport of mma to a higher level in america - so many great athletes were there.
And Goldberg made an error. He said cold stone Austin lol

i'm for a quick next fight for Brock as Cain is waiting for a long time and Brock did not fought long time himself.
Cain must to stand up avoid takedown and somewhere in the 4th speed up :)

dbreiden83080
07-05-2010, 10:07 AM
and bitches will be bitches

You stand at 0-4 on Brock picks

You'll come around..:hat

dbreiden83080
07-05-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm amazed how many people thought it would be stopped just like that.

I mean Rosenthal is one of the best refs and he lets fighters fight their fight. He does not stand them up much and knows how to interpret(?) rules. he just uses them correctly

As for the fight. When Shane hit Brock and he went down and when Shane stopped that early takedown I was pumped. But when brock falled I hit my left palm with my right fist. GO SHANE !!! Finish him.

gotdamn I saw Carwin had troubles keeping up the pace I was worried about it. At one point I thought he will let Brock stand up. But he didn't. Carwin can say about his cardio as much good things he wants to but he always was breathing kinda heavy in his short fights. That's why when they went to the 2nd round I was worried.

And that Brocksucker won :pctoss

And damn that fight brought the sport of mma to a higher level in america - so many great athletes were there.
And Goldberg made an error. He said cold stone Austin lol

i'm for a quick next fight for Brock as Cain is waiting for a long time and Brock did not fought long time himself.
Cain must to stand up avoid takedown and somewhere in the 4th speed up :)

Cain is a great fight but the problem is Brock is showing against Mir and now Shane that once he gets the takedown the fight is over.. He's just so strong on the ground..

Stringer_Bell
07-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Cain is a great fight but the problem is Brock is showing against Mir and now Shane that once he gets the takedown the fight is over.. He's just so strong on the ground..

Cain will not tap, he will go out with his lights out. You gotta know Cain and his handlers will be training mostly for worst case scenarios, time to start benching buddy!

BlairForceDejuan
07-05-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't mind the trash-talking. I want the sport to be entertaining as long as it is not rigged. I just assumed Brock was playing up a role for more viewers. Plus, he fought off the Grim Reaper so I can't help but be happy to see him fighting again.

Sonnen is a funny mofo when he talks trash; he doesn't hold back. I will no doubt catch that fight against Andersen. The more trash someone talks the sweeter it is to watch them a) get their ass beat or b) actually back it up against the champ. It's win-win for the viewer.

It was kind of iffy seeing all of those wwf/wwe wrestlers in the crowd, but Austin was probably there more to promote Expendables, and Rock/Goldberg are cool as hell outside of wrestling so it's all good.

dbreiden83080
07-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Cain will not tap, he will go out with his lights out. You gotta know Cain and his handlers will be training mostly for worst case scenarios, time to start benching buddy!

Brown Pride BABY!!!! :lol

Stringer_Bell
07-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Brown Pride BABY!!!! :lol

Exactly, which is why I will sig bet that Cain will NOT TAP for any reason. He will have to be unconscious! :downspin:

MannyIsGod
07-05-2010, 11:15 AM
I love Cain but I have no idea how he wins. Brock's chin is fucking unreal.

dbreiden83080
07-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I love Cain but I have no idea how he wins. Brock's chin is fucking unreal.

I expect the fight to go a while. Cain has speed, good striking and an amazing gas tank but watching Cain's fights with Kongo and Rothwell tell me his ground and pound will not hurt Brock at all. Shane has the most power in the UFC, i don't see how anyone can say otherwise and Brock took as much as Shane could dish out and came back to choke his ass out.. I see Brock getting the takedown and finish around Round 3..

CubanSucks
07-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Exactly, which is why I will sig bet that Cain will NOT TAP for any reason. He will have to be unconscious! :downspin:

So he still loses :wakeup

dallaskd
07-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I dont think cain wins. He does everything Brock does.. just not as well

angelbelow
07-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Talk about retarded.

I think of Mir before I think of Brock.

dbreiden83080
07-05-2010, 04:40 PM
I dont think cain wins. He does everything Brock does.. just not as well

Who the hell are you and what have you done with Dallaskd?? :lol

dbreiden83080
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/390757/LesnarTakedown_medium.gif

http://i47.tinypic.com/334u55l.gif

http://i49.tinypic.com/sv6ey0.gif

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2592/60626708.jpg

AZLouis
07-06-2010, 06:45 PM
That first gif is unbelievable in slo-mo.

Zelophehad
07-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm not a huge MMA fan but Lesnar looked positively amateurish when he backpedaled with his head down and hands in a completely non threatening/coverup position in his standup.

Reminded me of when Rahman stuck his hands out like a zombie/mummy against lewis in their rematch. When your hands are positioned solely for defense like that the other guy can just tee off and not even have to worry about anything coming back at him.

AZLouis
07-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Here I thought it was because Brock was hurt and there wasn't much else he could but hang on and ride the tidal wave of punches through (which he did). The idea that he was amateurish fighter never occurred.

dbreiden83080
07-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm not a huge MMA fan but Lesnar looked positively amateurish when he backpedaled with his head down and hands in a completely non threatening/coverup position in his standup.

Reminded me of when Rahman stuck his hands out like a zombie/mummy against lewis in their rematch. When your hands are positioned solely for defense like that the other guy can just tee off and not even have to worry about anything coming back at him.

Brock's striking is the worst part of his game for sure. His wrestling and ground game from top position has gotten great. When he fought Herring, he struggled with position and landing big shots, Randy same thing. But his last 2 against Mir and Carwin he is finishing guys on the ground fast. But his striking needs a lot of work..

dallaskd
07-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Brock is very immature on the feet. Lets see what happens after the Werdum fight, but Overeem seems to have the size and striking to give Brock a lot of trouble.

dbreiden83080
07-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Brock is very immature on the feet. Lets see what happens after the Werdum fight, but Overeem seems to have the size and striking to give Brock a lot of trouble.

Agreed there..

dallaskd
07-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Alistar is a much bigger man than Brock. 2 inches taller and same weight. Also is a world class Kickboxer and has a great submission game. If he can keep it on the feet, it is probably a bigger mismatch than Carwin was. I'd also like to see what he can do from his guard, which makes his fight with Werdum so interesting. Dont know if he will leap to the UFC. That decision wil be up to him and if he wants to pee in a cup..

Stringer_Bell
07-06-2010, 10:20 PM

I agree, but it's something that's plauged him from the start. He shells up like a turtle, and this time he had good reason to do it because Shane punches pretty damn hard. He does it by habit, but you can imagine the shock to make him back pedal against the fence. Other than striking/strike defence, Brock could run circles around most guys for 5 rounds.

I honestly don't think Overeem has as good a chance against Brock as Shane. Shane vs Overeem would be really exciting tho.

We're not even talking about Fedor anymore :(

PS: To respond a bit to Dallas's points, I just don't think Overeem's explosive enough to pose more than a size threat. Something tells me Brock can take leg kicks too.

desflood
07-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Lesnar looked positively amateurish when he backpedaled with his head down and hands in a completely non threatening/coverup position in his standup.

But his striking needs a lot of work..

Brock is very immature on the feet.
The man has fought a total of 6 fights, remember. Let's give him at least 8 or 9 before we criticize him too harshly.

polandprzem
07-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Alistar is not a bigger man then Lesnar.

The fight will never happen

This was the first time Brock was tested, had to be tested, was forced to fight standing. They need to work with him not on a striking but exchanging punches and moving

Stringer_Bell
07-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Alistar is not a bigger man then Lesnar.

I think he's taller, but Brock fights at a heavier weight.

dallaskd
07-07-2010, 12:36 PM
The man has fought a total of 6 fights, remember. Let's give him at least 8 or 9 before we criticize him too harshly.

Dont care. He's the UFC HW Champ.

dallaskd
07-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Allistar is two inches taller and fights 12 pounds less, but its fair to say Brock's size would not be a factor..

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/alistair_overeem_k-1.jpg

newacc
07-07-2010, 03:03 PM
There are a good amount of guys that can be at or around Brock's size, but none of them have his bull strength or freak athleticism which is what separates them.

Example: Carwin and Brock were almost identical in height/weight but Brock was way stronger and had conditioning to spare.

On the ground, no one is going to beat Brock.

Oh and Cain would tap. Pride or not sometimes you get caught in something and you will tap.

CubanSucks
07-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Example: Carwin and Brock were almost identical in height/weight but Brock was way stronger and had conditioning to spare.

Is that why Carwin completely stuffed Brock's takedown attempt in the first when both were at full endurance? Conditioning is the ONLY thing Brock had on Carwin

dbreiden83080
07-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Is that why Carwin completely stuffed Brock's takedown attempt in the first when both were at full endurance? Conditioning is the ONLY thing Brock had on Carwin

HE didn't stuff it, Brock got it but Carwin got back up. Brock is a better wrestler than Carwin..

LnGrrrR
07-07-2010, 08:40 PM
I rarely watch UFC, but caught this one because I was invited to a friend's house. Brock's a beast, and he came THIS close to getting the fight called, but right when I would've said "call it" he managed to move an arm or his head.