PDA

View Full Version : Help me Spurs fans...

spurs10
06-21-2010, 01:05 AM
though I'm a diehard fan and have cherished the great accomplishments of our team, I have to say my faith in the NBA was deeply rattled in the 4th quarter of game 7 in the Finals this year. As I watched the Lakers, who admittedly I detest, go over and over again to the freethrow line I couldn't help but feel the illegitimancy of what I was witnessing. I still very much remember the urgency of game 7 in 2005 when TD, Manu, and company fought with everything they had for the championship. I know what I saw was real. So, I'm having trouble feeling that if the fix was in, how can I continue to take my family to games if it's all bullshit?
Perhaps my disdain for the Lakers has clouded my vision....I actually hope so.

Ditty
06-21-2010, 01:10 AM
well there is something called watching on tv then brah

spurs10
06-21-2010, 01:15 AM
well there is something called watching on tv then brah
as in tv is deceptive?

spurs10
06-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Oh, as opposed to going to the game....yeah, but that is a drag...

BadOdor
06-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Sorry, spur fan, it's all true: The NBA is fixed. David Stern makes sure every year that only big market teams like the lakers/celtics play in the finals.

However, the spurs were THAT good, that they manage to overcome the conspiracy in 1999,2003,2005 and 2007.

spurs10
06-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Sorry, spur fan, it's all true: The NBA is fixed. David Stern makes sure every year that only big market teams like the lakers/celtics play in the finals.

However, the spurs were THAT good, that they manage to overcome the conspiracy in 1999,2003,2005 and 2007.I've never felt there was a conspiracy..... your boys have won it fair and square many a time....Celtics haven't been there a lot recently, only 08 and 10....I'm talking about the 4th quarter of game 7 this year alone....it looked like bullshit.....21 to 6 at the line in a game 7??? wtf???

UnWantedTheory
06-21-2010, 02:16 AM
Many people feel the same way.

spurs10
06-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Many people feel the same way.
I would imagine.:depressed

MavDynasty
06-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I dont really give a shit because its all over now and there is nothing you can do about it but I just dont see why the refs let them play for 3 quarters then they have a change of heart and start calling every ticky tack push.

lol 37-17 free throw advantage for the lakers to bail out kobes 6 of 24 shooting
lol 21-6 in the fourth quarter

eisfeld
06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
*sigh* I'm sick and tired of this ... yes Lakers got some calls they should not have gotten but Boston fouled a lot and a couple of fouls they picked up where intentional fouls. Even if there has been a fix - that's no excuse that Boston chocked big time in game 6 where they had a chance to close out the series.

I wonder why many Spurs fans are talking about this now when they cheered for the same situation in 2006. Mavs just choked but Boston didn't? That's hypocrisy. Lakers were by far not as dominant as last season and were very well beatable. Boston had a great run in beating the Magic and Cavs but sometime this run had to be over. They were on the same level as the Lakers but lost. Big deal...

Yes, the NBA is fixed to certain extend - still teams have it in their own hands. A better game six - no shooting slump in game 7 and Boston would have won. The same could have happened to the Lakers too. So get over it, enjoy the off-season, participate in the Think Tank and have fun. After all, it's just a game.

Spurfan
06-21-2010, 01:11 PM
though I'm a diehard fan and have cherished the great accomplishments of our team, I have to say my faith in the NBA was deeply rattled in the 4th quarter of game 7 in the Finals this year. As I watched the Lakers, who admittedly I detest, go over and over again to the freethrow line I couldn't help but feel the illegitimancy of what I was witnessing. I still very much remember the urgency of game 7 in 2005 when TD, Manu, and company fought with everything they had for the championship. I know what I saw was real. So, I'm having trouble feeling that if the fix was in, how can I continue to take my family to games if it's all bullshit?

Seriously man, I'm done with the NBA! The Spurs overcame a league wide conspiracy theory 4 different times because they were THAT good, but it's no fun anymore since Stern has figured out a way to stop the Spurs from winning it every year. There's no point in following the NBA anymore, I only care when the Spurs are good! I don't support my team when it's about to be in rebuilding mode!

silverblk mystix
06-21-2010, 01:20 PM
*sigh* I'm sick and tired of this ... yes Lakers got some calls they should not have gotten but Boston fouled a lot and a couple of fouls they picked up where intentional fouls. Even if there has been a fix - that's no excuse that Boston chocked big time in game 6 where they had a chance to close out the series.

I wonder why many Spurs fans are talking about this now when they cheered for the same situation in 2006. Mavs just choked but Boston didn't? That's hypocrisy. Lakers were by far not as dominant as last season and were very well beatable. Boston had a great run in beating the Magic and Cavs but sometime this run had to be over. They were on the same level as the Lakers but lost. Big deal...

Yes, the NBA is fixed to certain extend - still teams have it in their own hands. A better game six - no shooting slump in game 7 and Boston would have won. The same could have happened to the Lakers too. So get over it, enjoy the off-season, participate in the Think Tank and have fun. After all, it's just a game.

gotta disagree a LOT with this...

#1) Yes Boston fouled a lot---and they were CALLED for it.
LAKERS fouled JUST AS MUCH----and were NOT called for it---watch the 3rd and 4th qtrs again---you will see it WITH YOUR OWN EYES!
WHY are people questioning what they just saw with their OWN EYES???
Why are people so QUICK to dismiss this farce? Is it because it just SEEMS so improbable?
Is it because---if you buy into it---it would DESTROY what you have believed in until now?
I re-watched it over and over---3rd quarter--celtics up by 13---and the refs took over---plain and simple---i witnessed it---you witnessed it---everyone witnessed it---but everyone WANTS to disregard what their own eyes saw.

The LAKERS did NOT MAGICALLY start playing clean while the celtics played dirty----Fisher did NOT start keeping his hands to himself, Artest did NOT back off of Pierce and remove his hands from pierce's back/hips/shoulders/arms,
gasol did NOT stop hacking everyone in sight...etc...

YOU saw it and played it off and LOOKED for reasons to mistrust your OWN eyes.....

#2)I am NOT one of THOSE fans that dismissed the Heat/Mavs fiasco---and I hate the Mavs ALMOST as much as the Lakers----I thought then---that the Mavs were royally screwed---even though we can ALL try to justify by pointing out that the Mavs coulda done this---shoulda done that---choke this---choke that---
at the end of the day---they STILL GOT SCREWED---and something should have been done about it----but it HAS TO BE MENTIONED---

that the spurs GOT SCREWED WORSE---during the 06 mavs/spurs series...

something should have been done about scott foster AFTER he was implicated by Donaghy---the whole system is broken and NO-ONE is doing anything about it....

and finally to the OP---don't question what YOU saw with your own eyes...

keep questioning and maybe if ENOUGH fans get sick of it---maybe something can be done---an investigation---by an OUTSIDE AGENCY---NOT BY STERN...

and being RIGGED----

DOES NOT automatically mean that stern/nba controls EVERY SINGLE GAME---EVERY SINGLE SERIES---PRESENT AND PAST!

everyone is so quick to dismiss EVERYTHING FISHY---just because it is IMPOSSIBLE ---to rig every single game--and to fix every single aspect of the game...

it could be half-rigged.....it could be a FEW refs....a FEW executives---IT MIGHT BE STERN---IT MIGHT NOT BE ONLY STERN--there are a whole lot of possibilities of impropriety when you are talking about BIG $$$$$$$$$$...

Goran Dragic
06-21-2010, 01:24 PM

Lets go over the facts here:

you're a die hard fan and can remember the 2005 NBA finals (when the Spurs were good) and loved it.
The 2010 NBA finals (a finals the Spurs weren't in) sucked and causes you to no longer wanna watch the NBA
Judging from these two things, you love following the NBA when the Spurs are good, and don't want to follow the NBA when the Spurs suck. There's actually a term used to describe this, it's called being a bandwagon fan.

manufan10
06-21-2010, 01:27 PM
http://www.youn00b.com/youn00bimage1229890800

eisfeld
06-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Seriously man, I'm done with the NBA! The Spurs overcame a league wide conspiracy theory 4 different times because they were THAT good, but it's no fun anymore since Stern has figured out a way to stop the Spurs from winning it every year. There's no point in following the NBA anymore, I only care when the Spurs are good! I don't support my team when it's about to be in rebuilding mode!

How did Stern stopped the Spurs from winning it every year?
Did he pay Manu to foul Dirk?

I feel with you because it is no fun to watch a team go to the line 21 times in a quarter - but take it as it is, Stern can only fix a game to a certain extend - He couldn't force a Kobe vs. LeBron finals.

And to your last statement - I relly hope you're trying to be sarcastic.

YOU saw it and played it off and LOOKED for reasons to mistrust your OWN eyes.....

Look and eyes are good words - Can you please not make two line breaks between every sentence? It makes your posts nearly unreadable when you're writing a long text. For a couple of sentences it's okay - but not for a post as long as your's.

To your statements:
I never denied that there was a fix in the fourth quarter - I just said Boston had it in their own hands. Their last shooting slump was just horrible.

* you're a die hard fan and can remember the 2005 NBA finals (when the Spurs were good) and loved it.
* The 2010 NBA finals (a finals the Spurs weren't in) sucked and causes you to no longer wanna watch the NBA
* Judging from these two things, you love following the NBA when the Spurs are good, and don't want to follow the NBA when the Spurs suck. There's actually a term used to describe this, it's called being a bandwagon fan.

+1

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 01:55 PM
The Spurs did not overcome any conspiracy. They were the annoited team and won fair and square because we were able to pry open the world wide market for Stern. The bones were thrown to the midwest market through Detroit. Dallas did not get to beat Miami because the NBA did not need another champion from Texas. LA and Boston are winning now because the NBA wants to get back to the 15-20% of stateside viewership. The next team to move up the ladder will be Houston if Yao is healthy. Stern wants more control in the China market.

spurs10
06-21-2010, 01:58 PM

you're a die hard fan and can remember the 2005 NBA finals (when the Spurs were good) and loved it.
The 2010 NBA finals (a finals the Spurs weren't in) sucked and causes you to no longer wanna watch the NBA
Judging from these two things, you love following the NBA when the Spurs are good, and don't want to follow the NBA when the Spurs suck. There's actually a term used to describe this, it's called being a bandwagon fan.

That is not at all the definition of a bandwagon fan. They are people who are only "fans" of their team when they are winning. A "diehard fan" sticks by his team through the bad times.....you should know! As I wrote in another post, I'm looking for a reason to still believe in the game. I was perfectly okay with the SUNS taking us out.....they played better and won. And yes Silver, I did see with my own eyes what looked like a horribly called game at best....human error I'll live with....but dirty not so much....have you been watching soccer? baseball?....bad calls are everywhere, we don't need cheating on top of it. Guess we all have to find our own truth....the NBA certainly did nothing to help their credibility.

manufan10
06-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Don't watch the NBA anymore. Go watch soccer. Soccer rules!!

Goran Dragic
06-21-2010, 02:12 PM
The Spurs did not overcome any conspiracy. They were the annoited team and won fair and square because we were able to pry open the world wide market for Stern. The bones were thrown to the midwest market through Detroit. Dallas did not get to beat Miami because the NBA did not need another champion from Texas. LA and Boston are winning now because the NBA wants to get back to the 15-20% of stateside viewership. The next team to move up the ladder will be Houston if Yao is healthy. Stern wants more control in the China market.

lol spurfan discrediting his own team's accomplishment in order to discredit LA's title. This is a new low for you guys.

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 02:15 PM
lol spurfan discrediting his own team's accomplishment in order to discredit LA's title. This is a new low for you guys.

You have been painted in blue. Checkmate.

:king

manufan10
06-21-2010, 02:16 PM
You have been painted in blue. Checkmate.

:king

:lol

I don't think he knows what the blue means. :toast

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 02:18 PM
:lol

I don't think he knows what the blue means. :toast

Yeah, the trolls take the bait every time.

Oh, Gee!!
06-21-2010, 02:41 PM
there must be a conspiracy theory to explain why I'm such a loser

spurs10
06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Goran..blue means sarcasm. eisfeld...liked your comments except for the "I never denied there was a fix in the 4th quarter", as that is my point....I want integrity in the NBA and why not. I will indeed enjoy the summer....Thursday will be interesting...haven't given up completely.

m33p0
06-21-2010, 06:22 PM
xIFJLMyUwrg