PDA

View Full Version : NBA chat with Bill Ingram (Hoopsworld)

duncan228
06-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Just the Spurs stuff, hit the link for the rest.

NBA CHAT WITH BILL INGRAM (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1020#ixzz0rWDd4FgC)
Hoopsworld

jerry in san antonio:
Do you think that the spurs are really going to take elli0t williams or damion james, if not, then who do u think will be perfect for spurs?

Bill Ingram: The Spurs are desperately trying to move up, so I wouldn't get too set on anyone for them just yet . . .it would make their summer of Splitter came over, and he is rumored to be ready to do. I think James would be a great fit there . . .had a chance to get to know him in Houston last summer and he's the real deal.

jerry in san antonio:
since tiago has allegedy agreed to come over, should the spurs turn their attention to free agent raja bell?

Bill Ingram: You know, Bell would be a great fit in that system. Plays good defense, great shooter, good leader, too.

TIAGO SPLITTER in the ALAMO:
do you think my mvp 6'11'' length along w. a 20 pick will put my spurs back in the title hunt?

Bill Ingram: I do . . .I hope the Spurs don't decide to give you away like they did Scola . . .

Joe in Indiana:
The Pacers are rumored in several trades.I feel the trade with Minnesota of Sessions,Gomes,16,23 for Ford,10 improves our roster if we draft well without taking on contracts that will hurt us next year.Which Pacer rumor do you prefer?

Bill Ingram: I like the Tony Parker deal that's been widely rumored (and not denied by Indy). Troy Murphy and other pieces go back to San Antonio . . .along with the 10th pick.

clint in san antonio:
chad ford was on the SA news last night basically saying the likelihood that Parker or Hill would be gone next season and the spurs were moving up in the draft. What have you heard?

Bill Ingram: Absolutely - I've been told be several execs that the Spurs are offering Parker, not Hill, around. Agents have told us the Spurs are trying to move into the very top of the draft, and offering Parker as a trading chip. I'd love to see Parker in Indiana . . .he and Granger would be a deadly combination.

MaddSteve in Franklin, IN:
Do you think Parker would actually stick in Indiana though? His contract expires after this season and giving up the ten could leave the Pacers with nothing if he bolts.

Bill Ingram: If they win, he will want to stay. His short-term contract is part of what makes him appealing to Indy. What if he continues to get hurt all the time and can't stay on the court? Better to find that out during a one-year deal. If he can stay healthy, they will be a playoff team - provided everyone else is healthy, too. Tony will have plenty of reasons to want to stay long-term.

Aaron in Denver:
I think it's pretty clear Kobe is the player of the past decade, but who's number two--Duncan or Shaq?

Bill Ingram: Shaq was the flashy player, but the Big Fundamental is the second-best, hands down. Much more skilled . . .

objective
06-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Bill Ingram: I do . . .I hope the Spurs don't decide to give you away like they did Scola . . .

Oh snap! When Hoopsworld is right about something, then you know the Spurs screwed up big time.

rjv
06-21-2010, 04:04 PM
everyone keeps saying a spurs deal is imminent but i am just not buying it

lmbebo
06-21-2010, 04:19 PM
We shall see.

I don't like the Pacers deal as constructed. #10 pick won't net us a really good player.

Murphy and Rush are servicable players, but not a big piece.

I'd have to go for a higher pick than #10 to do this deal.

Bruno
06-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Hoopsworld :lol

Blackjack
06-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Aaron in Denver:
I think it's pretty clear Kobe is the player of the past decade, but who's number two--Duncan or Shaq?

Bill Ingram: Shaq was the flashy player, but the Big Fundamental is the second-best, hands down. Much more skilled . . .

Don't mind me. :jack

ducks
06-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Bill Ingram: Absolutely - I've been told be several execs that the Spurs are offering Parker, not Hill, around. Agents have told us the Spurs are trying to move into the very top of the draft, and offering Parker as a trading chip.lool

rayray2k8
06-22-2010, 12:41 AM
I think Parker will be gone by Thursday..
Now here's my question... Can we include Ducks in the trade as well?

EricD
06-22-2010, 02:25 AM
:rolleyes

bdictjames
06-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Ouch. TP has been loyal to the Spurs, let's just give him one more year..

Kori Ellis
06-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Why is a Rockets fan (Ingram) answering questions about the Spurs? I thought they had a Spurs reporter/columnist to answer Spurs questions.

Yannis Koutroupis
06-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Why is a Rockets fan (Ingram) answering questions about the Spurs? I thought they had a Spurs reporter/columnist to answer Spurs questions.

They do and that's me, but Bill is just as qualified to answer Spurs questions as I am. His main market is Dallas and mine is San Antonio, but we cover the league as a whole from those locations - we don't just cover those teams. Prior to my hiring three years ago Bill covered the entire Texas triangle and throughout the past 10 years he's spent plenty of time in the Spurs locker room.

ChuckD
06-22-2010, 06:53 PM
everyone keeps saying a spurs deal is imminent but i am just not buying it

An agent will NEVER allow a top 3-5 player to work out or interview with a team not in, or likely to get into the top 5. Spurs interviewed Derrick Favors.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2010, 07:00 PM
They do and that's me, but Bill is just as qualified to answer Spurs questions as I am. His main market is Dallas and mine is San Antonio, but we cover the league as a whole from those locations - we don't just cover those teams. Prior to my hiring three years ago Bill covered the entire Texas triangle and throughout the past 10 years he's spent plenty of time in the Spurs locker room.

Yeah, I know who he is. I just don't think he's very Spurs knowledgeable, and I know he's VERY Rockets-bias. And I only saw him in the Spurs lockerroom about 4 times between 2003-2008 when I was covering the Spurs every home game.

I was just curious why he was writing and not the Spurs' writer (you).

Seventyniner
06-22-2010, 09:00 PM
An agent will NEVER allow a top 3-5 player to work out or interview with a team not in, or likely to get into the top 5. Spurs interviewed Derrick Favors.

No harm in an interview, but I agree that a top pick won't waste time working out for a team that ostensibly has no chance at drafting him.

EricB
06-22-2010, 09:13 PM
:lol @ Hoopsworld

Did the Iraqi PR guy end his internship there yet as well?

TimmehC
06-22-2010, 10:46 PM

It was at the combine - teams get to interview 8 players a day of their choosing, and the player has to oblige. Players can refuse private workouts and interviews at other times, but anyone can talk to them at the combine. But it is pretty unusual for teams to talk with players that are so far out of their projected range.